"Nightcore" Music - Thoughts?

What's you opinion on the Genre?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Opinion?

• It's Amazing
    • It's Okay, not my type of thing
    • It's horrible

Hey Everyone,

I have officially found what I personally believe is the most annoying type of music ever. They simply take music, speed it up, call it original, and put an anime picture on it. Yeah, it's a thing. Search up Nightcore and you'll find millions of videos like these.

https://www.youtube....h?v=vVuWBTcMk1A

Opinions?

Personally, I don't understand how people can like this. But quite clearly it's pretty popular, considering the large amounts of views the videos get.

I... kinda like it. ^^;

I listen to mainly 80s, 90s, and modern pop, slow ballads, and soft rock. Also rap.

But a few of my friends want me to get into electronic, dubstep, and anime music. And nightcore sounds like all three combined.

So yeah, I can see why a few people like them. Though, I don't see how anyone can dance to that. XD

Meh, I can't consider myself a fan of it, but I don't think it's that bad. I mostly agree with Sparkleheart's opinion towards Nightcore. I do see the appeal of it, but I also see how the formation of the music seems lazy.

In other words, I'm neutral towards it.

Personally for me, Dubstep and Rap are fighting for first place for the most obnoxious/just plain bad music out there.

• 3 weeks later...

History lesson! Ross Bagdasarian did the same stuff in 1958, then died of a heart attack, after which time his son took over in the 1980s. Do you know what we call that now? Alvin And The Chipmunks, or The Chipettes! That's all I see it as, is people making knockoff Chipmunks/Chipettes songs!