Why do you hate on things?

Is it because of:

A) You have fully experienced it yourself and you honestly didn't like it.

B) You have semi-experienced it yourself and you assume you'll hate the rest of it.

C) You never experienced it and you assume you'll just hate it.

D) People close to you said they hated it, so you assume you'll hate it.

E) You randomly heard/read that it sucked, and you assume you'll hate it.

F) You're envious, and to make yourself feel better, you purposely hate on it.

G) You don't actually hate it, but you don't want to ruin your reputation, so you hate on it with the rest of the world.

H) Other.

I ask because I want to figure out why people refuse to watch/read/hear/taste/etc. certain subjects.

For instance, a lot of people hate on Justin Bieber. Is it because he actually did something evil? No. All he did was sing his heart out to the world, and he gets attacked verbally in return. Is his singing really that bad? Personally, I actually love a few of his songs.

Please leave comments and opinions~

C, and D. I am going to convey to you a very true, inarguable truth. I was in sort of a dislike last year... In fact, all my life until I turned sixteen. I have never in my life thought twice about watching things like My Little Pony. Then suddenly all these memes started springing up all over the internet, but I was still in question as to whether I should like it or not. Here's where option C comes in. Since I knew of the intended audience of the whole franchise, I assumed that the themes and values of it were not for me... Of course, at the time I was an even sadder, more angry individual than I am today. Especially after I lost a whole group of friends that basically tossed me into the wind like I was nothing... Even though I was the one that stood by them individually when no one else would. They didn't need me anymore, because they had better friends... Of course, these people also didn't like MLP and expressed that openly.

Then one night, I decided to give the whole thing a try. I sat down calmly, without any doubts or fears, and just watched the first two episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic because honestly, after the first episode, I was curious about how the whole dilemma would turn out. Then I realized that there was more to it than just magical ponies and rainbows... I was actually learning about friendship and how to be a good friend. I thought that was quite a contrast from what I usually see on television these days that are all about violence, drugs, crime, and all the other things that tend to make people very upset... Then I look at this show and its clearly higher values that are so much greater than the average modern TV show. To this day, I'm doing all the things that my former friends seem to not do. I don't keep secrets, I'm now very open to everyone, I don't lie... And I made new friends! So, this was actually a very big turning point in life, and now I am far from hating My Little Pony! I learned so much from it, and plan on taking with me these lessons of friendship wherever I go. ^^

• Like 1

@DarkStar

Sorry to hear that your friends practically betrayed you, but glad to hear you made new friends! Not that I've lost them, (yet) a group of my friends seem to be growing apart from me due to my love of MLP. I'm sad because they were quite close, yet I have hope we'll all come back together.

I) All of the above.

I mainly follow A and B of course, since I am the only reliable source of learning about something and deciding if I should hate it.

As for C, it's quite rare for me. I think it applies only to foreign kitchen I guess xD I'd NEVER believe I'd be able to eat ants or insects or stuff xD

D, yeah. I follow this sometimes if it's an opinion coming from somebody far more experienced in the matter than I am. Otherwise I just shrug their words off and remain neutral unless I try.

E, I guess that's something I don't agree with actually. Perhaps maybe to some extend. If people condemn something massively, I assume they must have had a reason. Though I don't think I'd join them that easily, unless my mind was already negatively set about the idea/thing they condemn.

F: Skyrim. 'nuff said.

G: This is a river topic. Not gonna give examples, but happens quite often. Society is a weird thing to follow.

H: ... ... ... that doesn't count into "All of the above."

For stuff I hate, it's typically A or B.

*See an Uwe Boll movie* "Wow, that was pretty terrible."

*Read excerpts and reviews of Twilight* "Wow, this sounds pretty terrible and creepy."

*Watch scenes from Twilight movies* "Wow, this is pretty terrible and creepy."

*Listen to highly-recommended dubstep tracks* "Wow, I still can't figure out why people listen to this."

Etc.