Speed Dating at the Prancing Pony (See OOC thread)

Snowshoe

Date #4

Bowsprit shrugged at Zelda's apology. "It's alright," he said sincerely. Best that she guess now and like she said, avoid it from being awkward. He did smile at her compliment, however. "Well, if you ever make it up to the Islands, drop by! I'll give you a tour of the place, free of charge," he said sincerely. He listened to the griffonness talk about how she ended up being a sculptor, nodding. It seemed like a fair way of doing it, getting by making your own pony forms to build armour on. And now he was rather interested in seeing one of her pieces, or even watch her work. He'd seen blacksmiths at it before, but with talons instead of hooves, he figured it might be different.

"That's kinda awesome. You sell any of your pieces?" he asked, before smiling at her and nodding. "Once or twice. They show up around the Islands every now and again. On occasion I've taken my boat out and seen them swimming below, but haven't really had a chance to interact or talk with any seaponies or kelpies before. Love to though... I love the sea, would be interesting to talk to somepony who actually lives there! And yeah, I have a buncha stories, but we probably don't have time to really go over them, though. Maybe another time?"

Date #4

"That does sound tempting.", Zelda purred, "I could bring my little pony-pal Fire Walker and her colt-friend along. The mare has been yammering about the desire to hit the Gallopocus Islands as of lately. and from what I've heard the weather is always perfect there, and a boat ride would be nice...But seriously?", she couldn't mask the look of surprise on her face, "I was just playing with you, but you say Kelpies and Sea-Ponies actually exist? As in for real? As in for real-reals? Wow.", she pondered this all while scotching her neck, "If could find a sea-pony and get a few sketches of him or her, I'd probably be able to make an rather interesting statue or figure."

"As for my art, I mainly do commissions for some of the wealthier Canterlot ponies. Some like having statues of old ancestors in their homes or business, and some even have statues made of themselves. Er.", she shrugged her shoulders, "I don't question those who give me bits for my art. Even did a statue set to be displayed in the old Canterlot Graveyard in honor of a guy's wife. The pay was good, but my client nearly drove me batty. So.", a smile formed back on her beak, "Besides being a boat-captain, is there anything else you like to do?"

• 2 weeks later...

Date #5: Snow Diamond and Coral Gem

The rose red mare looked up from her book as she heard her number being called. Okay, she hadn't meant to be antisocial at first, but this book that her younger sister had lent her for the journey was just so good. She stood up from her seat and shoved the book back into her saddlebag before scanning the room for the one called Snow Diamond. Which one was he again? She had heard some names being floated earlier, and this was one of them. Finally, she located the zebra and wove her way around the ponies to get to him.

"[colour=red]Hey, I'm Coral. You must be Snow Diamond, right?[/colour]" She greeted with a winning smile and holding out her hoof for a hoofshake. The zebra wore a blue cap upon his head and looked somewhat fatigued. Was recently ill or something? Coral didn't have much knowledge about illnesses, but she knew from experience that after recovery, one was often tired for a bit. "[colour=red]I'm a jewellery maker from Trottingham, by the lake. What do you do?[/colour]"

Snow was jolted into a much more awake state when he heard his number being called, the shock wore off quickly, and soon he was back to his normal state of mind, suddenly, a rose red mare walked up to him. Snow could only assume she was his 'date' and when she spoke to him it only confirmed his thoughts.

"[colour=red]Hey, I'm Coral. You must be Snow Diamond, right?[/colour]" She then held out her hoof. Snow smiled at the mare, he was going to simply nod, but decided it may be considered rude not to introduce himself properly. He couldn't help but notice the large smile on her face, he cleared his throat (always a good tactic when yawning isn't socially acceptable) and shook her hoof, keeping the smile on his face. After she introduced herself formally, Snow did the same.

"[colour=#808080]That's me, Snow Diamond[/colour], [colour=#808080]A simple Geography teacher [/colour][colour=#808080]from Manehattan, heh, that's right, a Zebra teaching kids about the world[/colour][colour=#808080].[/colour]" Snow sighed as he leaned back slightly, bringing himself out of his slouch. Smiling at Coral, Snow decided on what to do.

Snow decided to try and get to know the mare a bit better "[colour=#808080]Lucky you! In the part of Manehatten where I work, the only way you can expect to work close to any fresh water is if a fire-hydrant bursts.[/colour]" [colour=#000000]Snow decided to try one of those cheesy pick-up lines he always heard around Manehatten. "[/colour][colour=#808080]Of [/colour][colour=#808080]course[/colour][colour=#808080], It might be annoying, the stallions that come in looking for the most beautiful thing in the store[/colour], [colour=#808080]then they try and walk out with you.[/colour]" Silver grinned at the mare, before cleverly (not at all) covering up a yawn with a cough. Snow forced himself to stay alert, he had found out the hard way that sleeping in public was rarely considered acceptable. "[colour=#808080]Where are my manners? Would you like anything to drink? I'm buying of course.[/colour]" Snow sipped his own cider and changed his grin to a genuine smile. Perhaps this wouldn't be as bad as he originally thought...

"[colour=#808080]That's me, Snow Diamond[/colour], [colour=#808080]A simple Geography teacher [/colour][colour=#808080]from Manehattan, heh, that's right, a Zebra teaching kids about the world[/colour][colour=#808080].[/colour]" Snow sighed as he leaned back slightly, bringing himself out of his slouch.

"[colour=red]That sounds really cool,"[/colour] Coral grinned. The mare, though somewhat motherly in terms of family, couldn't bring herself to imagine being in a teaching job. She was too nice. (That was what her sister had informed her of once) Coral could not manage a boisterous class of fillies and colts and keep her sanity at the same time. It just wasn't her destiny. "[colour=red]Do your students give you much trouble?[/colour]" She queried, only to be cut off by the zebra attempting to pull off a pick up line. it would have seemed relatively normal had he not made an awkward cough-yawn after it. Coral smothered a small laugh before nodding, "[colour=red]If you don't mind. I'm not from around here though, so what would you recommend?[/colour]"

This was actually quite fun, compared to what she had expected one to be. One of her friends back in Trottingham attended a speed dating picnic for fun, and came back only with laments on how utterly boring it had been. Perhaps she went to the wrong one.