The Clockwork Lady (Steampunk Adventure) (Searching)

The Golden Age of Equestria is fully underway. Steam powered ships of air and water are all the rage, allowing all ponies to boldly where only the pegasi and the mythical merponies could go before. Soon, piracy takes hold, as the captains of said ships take to fierce battles in sky and water for glory. Yes, for some it is a good time.

However, a new airship approaches the land from the South, a mysterious one filled with creatures the likes of which Equestria has never seen-the Clockwork Lady. Some of the most ruthless and intelligent compose this group of criminals who plan to take Equestria as their own and turn it into their home. Through brute force, they also manage to procure themselves a submarine, allowing them to patrol both sea and air.

The citizens of Equestria decide to fight back, refusing the access of these ruthless scallywags, and the Royal Fleet takes to the air and sea to stop them. However, it’s a game of hit and run, as they are taken on a whirlwind ride to the northern and southern lands, forced to chase the Clockwork Lady and all those who follow her.

---

Hello, everyone, and welcome to the Clockwork Lady, an action adventure roleplay where you can choose to be on the side of the Royals or the pirates.

Each team will be divided into groups of three or four, depending on the amount of people we have; you may decide between airship or submarine, on either side. Each will have a captain responsible for the welfare of the rest of the crew.

In order to keep with realism, all ships need to stop to fuel every so often, as well as have their crew members treated by medics. You also require food and general supplies such as tools.

Rules:

Rules are as follows:

1. You may have a non-pony OC, of course, but dragons and alicorns are forbidden. I will accept any other species. I would encourage their use, really-allows the groups to have an interesting feel!

2. No Mary/Gary Sue’s! You’re either a cutthroat pirate or part of a military, it wouldn’t make much sense.

3. You must roleplay at least two characters, no more than that. If you want three, please ask, and I will evaluate your OC’s.

4. If you are the Captain of a ship, please look to me for direction rather than taking off too much on your own. You do have some free reign, but I don’t want you to take over.

5. On that note, always listen to the DM.

6. Please try not to be too OP. I will ask you to dumb it down if you get out of hand.

7. No more than five posts a day, unless I say otherwise. (I’m fairly busy, and I can’t be on at all times.)

8. You can injure other players or capture them, but not kill them. If you are injured you must report to the medic and will be unable to fight to your full capacity for a short while.

9. Romance is fine, but nothing inappropriate, and don’t let it control you or the rest of the roleplay. In addition, profanity and gore are allowed, but not in excess, and keep it to taste-no racial slurs, etc.

10. Personal connections to canon characters is forbidden (you cannot be besties with the Princesses, that’s a bit Mary Sue-esque, and this is before the events of MLP, so it’s impossible anyways for anyone else.)

Character Creation:

Now, when making your character, I ask that you provide a short paragraph (seven to ten sentences) on their backstory for this RP, as well as a link to their character page. Each character starts with one weapon; as the RP progresses, you can steal or purchase weapons and have up to three at a time, though you will only be able to use two (imagine you leave the third onboard the ship or something.)

A good thing to follow would be this.

Name:

Sex:

Age (in human years):

Link to Page:

Weapon:

All ships are equipped with weaponry; cannons on the airships and torpedoes on the submarines. Please keep in mind that handheld weapons are all the same power levels, and even if your character wears armour all levels will be treated the same. NPC’s may have a better armour to make it more interesting, though.

Okay, so without further ado, here are the slots available!

PIRATES:

The Clockwork Lady-Airship

Captain-PinkieDaShy-Pluse

First Mate

Member One

Member Two/Medic

The Clockwork Lord-Submarine

Captain

First Mate

Member One-Hypno-Rufus

Member Two/Medic

ROYALS:

Celestine-Airship

Captain

First Mate

Member One

Member Two/Medic

Selene-Submarine

Captain

First Mate-PinkieDaShy-TBA

Member One

Member Two/Medic

As I said, there will be two characters per person, so it will have eight possible slots in total. Feel free to mix between the Royal and pirate ships so you can experience both sides! The only thing is you cannot have two captain spots or two first mate spots. I would also appreciate it if you took only one, though I cannot enforce this.

Dice Rolls:

We will be using a dice system to determine wins and losses as well as several other factors. I will roll for you because I do not feel comfortable allowing you to roll for yourself; dishonesty arises much too often.

The dice system is mostly geared towards combat; however, when the battle is over, you are able to roll for special bonuses.

Originally there was a combat system but due to the strict rules of the site it has been omitted so now it is only ship damage and special rolls.

Special Rolls and Ship Damage:

In order to win the fight, at the DM’s discretion, everyone rolls and adds up their total for their team. Whoever has the higher score wins the battle. Then the DM (to keep it honest) will roll a ship damage number for both teams.

The ship damage number will constitute how much needs to be repaired on your ship. Don’t worry, repairs won’t hinder you; just stop in the nearest port and it’ll be done shortly. This allows you to interact with others on land.

The scale of ship damage is thus:

1-2. Very little damage to no damage; no major repair needed.

3-4. You have some damage done; it is recommended you dock right away, or your ship will cease to function.

5-6. If you don’t land right away you will crash.

In addition, the winners of the battle will get to roll bonuses! Yaaaay. (If you get the same bonus more than once after battles, roll until you get a different bonus.) Everyone gets to roll one and take it from the enemy ship.

1. Medical supplies.

2. Food.

3. Fuel.

4. Tools.

5. A pack filled with food, fuel, and medical supplies.

6. A new weapon (if you already have three, you can choose to switch your current weapon and get a new one or stick with your current roster. If you only have one or two, you get a new one.)

The final thing is the ability to take prisoners; if the total amount rolled by a team exceeds 22, you are able to take a member of the opposite side from the battle hostage. Keep in mind that they are able to escape by rolling a four; if they don’t roll that number, they are your hostage until they are broken out by another team or they escape.

It may seem overly complicated, but once you get used to it it won’t be! In fact, this gives it more a game of chance feel, and while it lets you have total creativity in conversation it allows you to settle fights fairly. :3

The world map will soon be posted.

[colour=#006400]So that’s it. I hope that people are interested so I didn’t waste forever writing this out for you all. I think it will prove very interesting, and I hope we can get friendly.

Goodbye, and hope to see you soon.

Ever sincere,[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Bones[/colour]

[colour=#282828]What if the characters we wish to use do not have a page? Would it be fine if we just gave you the necessary requirements for our characters here? [/colour]