ShieldWall [Ready]

ShieldWall

Roleplay Type: Free-For-All

Name: ShieldWall

Sex: Male

Species: Pegasus

Eye colour: Blue

Coat: Black.

Mane/Tail: Shield's spikey mane is a bright yellow and orange that falls down to just above his shoulders. His tail is less spikey but share the same yellow ad orange colours.

Physique: Shield is rather thick and muscular for a pegasus. Though this comes with a price.

Residence: Canterlot, for the moment.

Occupation: Recently graduated Canterlot Guard Academy student.

History Part 1: ShieldWall, a guardian with a gentle soul. He grew up in Canterlot as the son of one of the many prestigeous Royal Guards. His father, an Earth pony known as StoneWall, also worked as a blacksmith when he wasn't on duty. Needless to say Shield grew up knowing his way around the forge. Shield loved his father, and wanted to be just like him.

Cutie Mark :Shield hit an early growth spurt and quickly grew larger than the other ponies in his class at school. There was one filly in particular that Shield noticed was picked on quite a bit, and he didn't like it. He didn't act on anything until one day they cornered her back against a wall and just continually picked on her. Shield had enough and pushed himself inbetween them and her. A couple tense moments passed but the eventually ran off. Shield felt a great feeling wash over him. As well as a tight hug from an appreciative filly. Is this what it was like to protect somepony? Shield smiled happily, and after a flash of light from his flank his destiny was decided.

History Part 2: Years passed quickly as Stone taught and trained his son everything he knew, which he learned quickly. It all felt second nature to him. Then the fateful day came when Stone presented Shield with an application for the Royal Guard Academy. He passed with flying colours and graduated in the top tier of his class. Now he's ready for a little break before he dives into the life of a guard.

Character Summary: ShieldWall, fresh out of the academy ready to learn all there is to know. He is an expert with shields of all types. His armor was even custom made to hold a vast variety. He needs them for any type of trouble that would come about. He wants a happy life for everypony, and that means making sure they are able to live in a safe and secure environment free of fear and dismay.

When he's not training or studying he likes to find a nice secluded spot and enjoy some peace and quiet. Or when he's in a creative mood he'll find himself at the blacksmith's forge either working or trying to create another type of shield. Obsessive? Maybe a little, but its what drives him. He truly wants to be the best, and that's were the problems set in.

He wants to be the best at what he does, and that doesn't given much time for much of a social life. He's unsure of himself when it comes to social interaction, but that doens't me he won't try. He could see himself jumping in the line of fire from a dragon easier than he could see himself in front of a group of ponies. On top of all that, he sees no reason to take off his armor. He constantly walks around in it, but he's afraid. Shield's one real fear is that he won't be able to save sompony because he wasn't prepared, and if he doesn't have his armor or shields... but other than that Shield is a warm hearted pony that actually can have fun and a good time... If he somehow breaks out of his shell, metaphorically and literally.​

Edited by ShieldWall

Thank you for your interest in our RPs. However, I have to state right now that this OC simply doesn't fit in WoE at all. To let you better understand what we offer here:

:Celest: World of Equestria - Character application required!

Canterlot's canon-friendly roleplay, World of Equestria (or WoE/Mane RP) is a strict, structured game that mirrors the basic principles, rules, and continuity (canon) of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Characters here must pass a review process by our volunteer staff to be deemed acceptable for play in this area. This game also features players that play Cast from FiM.

:Luna: Free for All - No application required.

Free for All is an area designated for any character, and anything you can dream. This is a good place to test new character concepts, story ideas, and to meet new and interesting players. Mature content must go in the 18+ sub-section.

Based on both what sort of character this OC is and the fact that you're very new to our RP, I sincerely making ShieldWall a FFA character instead. Note though that all FFA apps must abide by our site rules, and I won't be able to determine that your app is in compliance in them unless you remove that giant section of dialogue in your History field entirely. Everybody in the RP Helper are volunteers with only limited time to look at user apps, and we simply can't be expected to dig through an excessively-large piece of fanfiction in order to make our evaluations. I will take another look at this OC once the dialogue is completely removed and replaced with a concise summary of ShieldWall's history and cutie mark story.

PS: I also advise that you introduce yourself to the rest of the forum here. :)

Ah, thank you very much for that edit; I appreciate it very much. And nope, I don't see anything that drastically conflicts with the site rules, but just in case I'll instruct that you change the colouring of the scars in your OC pic so they doesn't look like fresh blood. That's kinda... cutting it close. :P

With that all out of the way, I'm now able to explain why ShieldWall is a better fit for Free for All instead of World of Equestria. You see, this OC application is completely focused on ShieldWall's defensive abilities and how he obtained then. WoE is a slice-of-life RP that's not suited at all for handling combat-oriented storylines, and those users who RP in WoE come there to avoid situations that wouldn't be found in an episode of FiM. On the other hand, FFA's userbase values the creative freedom to not have to stick purely to what's depicted in the show, and so it's my belief that your OC will be better received there. If you change your OC's RP Type from WoE to FFA, we can get him approved without asking for any further changes... pending the required changes to the picture or its elimination. Even FFA has to be G-rated, you know. ;)