http://irc.naughtygazelle.com giving me a blank white Screen

You put it into the URL field is what...

it isn't an http. It is an IRC server location.

You need an IRC client [either desktop or web based] to go to it. If you have any questions please let us know :)

If you are using a desktop client (an actual program you run on your computer) rather than the browser, then you can enter that address as the server address.

Otherwise click on the "Chat Room" tab at the top of the boards below the banner and the widget should load up automatically. Make sure you have scripts allowed for Canterlot.com and that you whitelist that site if you have an adblocker.

After you download, you need to set up the server

When you set up the server, you can enter the channel, #canterlot.

There are tutorials on how to do this with both. If you really need help and Google isn't being of any help (because I think there are youtube videos that may make the learning curve easier) I can send you step by step instructions.

OK that is much easier than KVIrc....

OK, so when you open mIRC, the mIRC options window should open up. (if not please open it, under the drop down menu "Tools")

When you have that window open, it should already be set to "Connect"

Right under "Connect" is a selection called "Servers." You need to click that.

That should bring you to the Server selection and creation area. You need to click the Add button.

That should open a pop-up titled "Add Server"

Please input the following fields:

Description: Naughty Gazelle

IRC Server: irc.naughtygazelle.com

Ports: 6667

Group:

Password:

(Don't put anything into group or password)

Then click "Add"

It should be already highlighted after you do that. If not, please find it in the list, and then click it, and hit select.

Clicking select should automatically bring you to the "Connect" tab.

Here you need to put in your nickname (Butterpancake) and an alternate (try to make a name that is similar to your original name (like: Butterpancake-)

After that, click "Connect"

That should open up a server window.

In the server window please type "/join #canterlot" (without the quotes and the hashtag is very important)

And then you're done! I know that seems like a lot, but this is the ONLY time you need to do all those steps. The only step you need to do after everything is set up is that last one, which is joining the channel.

Good luck.

(Don't put anything into group or password)

When you register your nickname with the IRC server (type '/msg nickserv help' for info) you can put your password into the password field mentioned in MiRC to automatically identify with the server every time you connect.

You can also visit the chat guides in the Rules and Guides sections of this site (I think all the staff seem to have forgotten they exist).