Flying Lessons (Finished)

Lux

Sky Flare stood on a section of land overlooking Ponyville. It was a great place, with lots of open space, few trees, and even with a little bit of slope for aiding in taking off and landing. The fiery manned young stallion had always envisioned one day teaching other Pegasus ponies how to fly, just as he learned when he was a little colt what seemed like an eternity ago, to give back to others. Now he felt he had both the time and the plan to literally get this training off the ground.

He wanted it to be simple, getting down to the basics of flying, especially for those who were just learning or were even struggling to fly. Taking off, landing, avoiding obstacles, stopping, all he wanted to cover in his impromptu class. He wanted it open to fillies and colts but he didn't mind if a few ponies his age joined. With the idea set into motion, he sent out a flurry of fliers in both Cloudsdale and even Ponyville and nearby Trottingham to try to attract as many ponies as he could. Who knows, maybe word would spread to places like Canterlot and beyond.

"Alright everything looks ready to go," Sky said looking around the area, "The ponies should be coming here any moment!"

Scootaloobanresize.jpg

Scootaloo was EXCITED! "Oh boy! Flying practice! I'm going to show them all just how awesome I can fly when I take off the ground!" She grinned, wings fluttering and propelling her scooter to the grounds, and to her delight she was the first one there! "HEY MR TEACHER PONY! " She called out, leaning her scooter against a tree and started over to where he was at, hey maybe she could totally get one on one training with the teacher? Then she'd be more awesome than everyone else that hadn't even arrived yet! An advantage!

"I'm Scootaloo but YOu can call me Scoots and your soon to be best student" She said cockly,nodding her head to enhance her point " So when do the others get here? If they don't get here soon can we do some warm up stuff?"

The idea to fly and such was really fun for Scootaloo! Then her and Rainbow Dash could hang out in the clouds and it would be super fly and awesome!

Sky heard a strange buzzing sound coming close to where he stood, like a giant bee. It was familiar sound, as if he remembered hearing it when he was in Ponyville, but who or what made it was the question. Then he saw an orange filly riding a scooter, using her wings as a propeller and remembered seeing her once passing by along with two other fillies her age.

"Hey there Scoots, I'm Sky Flare, but you can call me Sky if you want," he said with a chuckle. The way she greeted him made him smile as it was clear this filly had spunk!

He hoped that Scootaloo wouldn't call him Mr. Teacher as it reminded him of being in school and made him feel like some old stuffy stallion rather than the super agile and super cool pony that he was!

"I have to say that I like how you use that scooter to get around," the white Pegasus said pointing to her ride parked by the tree, "You're the first I've seen to use your wings like that. I bet you get some serious speed on that scooter! Anyway, you're the first one here so I'm going to wait a bit for anypony else who wants to join. So while we're waiting, how are you at flying?"