My Little Pony: Equestria Girls

Rosewind

The torn apart just begun since after the whole Twilicorn problems, Equestria Girls is something that it didn't grab my attention for them splitting other than the concept arts were poor when the Mane 6's cutie marks were on their cheeks before they shifted to their clothing.

• 2 months later...

I went to see Equestria Girls with my friends. I admit I was a bit skeptical how Hasbro was about to create a different world that shared some similarities with the show we all know and love. But it turns out it was great.

The storyline at its core made sense: Twilight goes into another world to find her crown and has to adapt to being a human. Sure there were holes in the story, but having watched many movies in my lifetime, there are few movies that are very airtight with the plot. The art and animation was just as good as the show, which I know some would argue that being a movie it should have been better. But it wasn't bad. The music was very good, having several great songs in it. There were also lots of shout outs to the fans like the CMCs, Derpy, Trixie, etc.

Now to a touchy subject: Flash Sentry. I know some are upset that Twi's crush appeared stereotypical or that our lead pony shouldn't even have had a crush, but it was ok. Keep in mind Equestria Girls showed us a typical American high school with cliques, classes, bullies, dances and yes even crushes. Sure it was kind of rushed in, but not really anything annoying.

I wish there was a scene with Twi being in an actual classroom setting, like Science or English because that could have been a time to either show Twilight's awkwardness or her intelligence.

All in all it was a good movie, maybe not the best movie I've seen but pretty good.

Now there are those who wonder how this affects the show canon. Besides maybe a reference or two, I don't really think that much. It's just a little "What If" scenario.

when I first saw the trailer I thought it was gonna have a major down fall on the fandom. but I gave it a try I was actually amazed it was an okay movie there could be somethings I would change such as already announced the stick figure appearance. bert.gif

I thought it was quite cute. Although the life lesson about friendship was a little bit off. I thought the idea of having sunset shimmer as a villain was a good idea. Why would she take the crown? I know she wanted to become the most powerful person in the world but sometimes is just doesn't make sense. I watched this thinking that it would be more fun i guess. The songs were catchy but i would not watch a sequel until they do a MAJOR re-plan!! :)