FiM Microseries #8: Princess Celestia

arrowghost

I can't believe a thread like this is yet to be opened, hopefully I'm right.

Anyway, another good comic and it's sad she notice that the old teacher doesn't retire and the students really doubt that her quality of teaching has degraded over the times.

What I'm surprised the most is, to the old times fans, people such as I can see clearly. We got filly Firefly, Surprise and Glory. And during the defense with Celestia, I saw what I think it is, it's Gusty! :D Wow, seriously, the artists really love the G1 ponies too much like us.

Loved the art, loved the cameos...But the story itself reminded me too much of "Family Appreciation Day"..And I would have preferred more Celestia in her own one-shot. Also, Inkwell probably should have retired...Imagine what damage a powerful wizard could do as her mind slowly deteriorated...And it's kind of depressing for Celestia. She stays young, while her friends grow old and feeble..And eventually pass away.

Me too, she's just not giving up. Although people like us also questions our colleagues, if we are teachers of course, we're worried that her teaching skills may stay boring, repetitive or if not stagnant, which may risk the reputation of the whole school. So far, yes, I'm wishing for her to retire nicely and then other ponies say "we miss you" and stuff. But wow, Inkwell just don't give a darn on that and prefers to keep going. Oh yeah, she's acting weird just like the same as Granny Smith also acting weird on Apple Bloom too in the marketplace.

• 4 weeks later...

This is one of my favorite stories of Micro-Series, at least second after the Rarity chapter. I do see though that writing for Celestia would be a challenge since we see so little of her private life. I think that is why there is so much focus on Inkwell; so much is unknown about Celestia that they needed another character for her to react to rather than focusing solely on Celestia.