[Trottingham] Song in the City[OPEN]

Vinyl pondered the idea for a moment, mulling it around her head for a little bit before nodding in agreement as she looked over at all of the eager ponies with a small approving smile, her purple shades glistening in the warm glow of the sun.

" Ya know what, I'll let you guys pick out an album or two... " She says with a nod. " Doesn't matter what it is or who made them....and I'll work it into the mix somehow at the event tomorrow. I like a good challenge, and I get the idea you guys might just give me something fun to work with. My spare turntables are at the hotel...so I'll be practicin' my routine for tomorrow night - this'll be what we can call a 'personal touch' that you all had a hand in!

The Unicorn was entirely aware of the potential 'wrong' in the idea, but if there was one thing she was confident in doing...it was being able to take something unexpected and make something interesting out of it, no matter how hard she had to work.

"Lead the way, I'll be right behind you all...hopefully we won't have too many Autograph moments though!"

She wasn't averse to doing autographs, of course, but she was somewhat aware that time was pressing ever forward.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You heard the superstar, Modge!' Jubilee shouted, giving the Paint stallion a playful smack on his rear,"Giddy up!'

"Jubilee!' Starflower scolded, "No need to act so rude!'

"Chill out, Nurse Star,' Mojo said with a laugh, "Wings is just playin' around. It's all cool.'

"Yeah Starflower,' Jubilee said as the white Pegasus flapped her wings and hovered,"I didn't mean anything by it.'

"I see. Sorry that I jumped to conclusions. I am looking forward to shopping with you, Miss Scratch. And after we're done, I do want to return to this spot to listen to more of that lovely music that talented filly is playing.'

"Alrighty, come along then, the Groove Shack is down the street about a block.'

"YES! I LOVE hanging out with you, Vinyl! This is going to be SO GREAT!!!'

"Cool it, Wings. If you explode with excitement, Nurse Star here'll have to clean up the whole bloody mess!'

"WHAT????'

"Just pullin' your leg, love!' Mojo giggled, causing Jubilee to laugh with him. Starflower hesitated a moment, but then laughed as the group began to leave the crowd gathered around the guitar playing young mare.

Vinyl follows the ponies, nodding a small grin of acknowledgement to the ponies watching her go as they realise that they had in fact had the renowned Pony DJ in their midst without even realising it. She chuckled softly as she watches the crowd confusedly look amongst themselves a moment before returning to what they were doing before she had been uncovered.

"Gotta admit, this wasn't quite what I'd had in mind when I cam out here today!" The Unicorn said with a smirk as she trots casually behind them, occasionally saying hey to the odd passer by who noticed her...it was always pleasant to pay back a little appreciation to those who took notice, and she wasn't exactly so shy she wouldn't give them a little moment of her time.

Still, for the most part this was otherwise a pretty relaxing walk down the streets of Trottingham, and the Young DJ hummed to herself a little as she bobbed her head to the music she had in mind...quite enjoying herself as she stayed close to the rather oddball but somehow adorable bunch of Ponies nearby...already thinking about the possibilities that lay ahead!

Tobias finally after awhile traveled his way back to Trottingham. He thought it was a pretty good town good for business. Some of the personalities of the ponies sometime he didn't like. He was a laid back pony most of the time though so he didn't mind it. He was hoping for some great music somewhere to relax to. He saw a group of ponies mostly mares and a stallion. He saw one certain pony that stood out from the rest in the back of the group. It was Vinyl Scratch also known as DJ-Pon3 which was her more well known name. He stopped to greet the group of ponies. "Hello its great to see a group of ponies enjoying themselves here in the city of Trottingham. My names Tobias Salil I'm a traveler and made my way up here to relax to some good music." He greeted them with a inviting smile.

"How Marvy!' Mojo shouted. "Always cool to meet a fellow traveler! I'm Mojo, the tall unicorn with the stethoscope is Nurse Starflower, and hovering above us is our pal Wings!'

"The name's Jubilee Flyer!' the blonde maned Pegasus shouted proudly. Soon to be a famous star in Equestria! And this of course is the legendary Vinyl Scratch, and I'M going to be in her next show! YES! It will be SO AWESOME!'

"Settle down, Jubilee,' Starflower scolded, "We're in public, remember?'

"Yeah Wings, don't wanna scare off our new chum here.'

"I dance, I sing, I play piano, classical as well as modern and I.. '

"Need to stop boasting, Jubilee. Remember what happened to the Great and Powerful Trixie in Ponyville several months ago?'

"But I wasn't.. I mean.. I would never act like THAT silly pony! I'm the REAL DEAL!'

"We know, Wings. Hay Tobias, where do you call home?'

Tobia smiled at the group of ponies as they introduced there selves. He nodded his head to Mojo. "Well its nice to meet a fellow traveler for me too." He listened to the hyper but proud of herself Pegasus floating above the group. "It sounds like your very talented, and being able to be in a show with Vinyl Scratch that sounds like it could be a lot of fun." He smiled to the hyper pony. She then looked to the doctor pony and bowed his head to her. "Hello Nurse Starflower." He smiled at her too. He walked around to say hello to the DJ pony at the back of the group. "Its nice to meet you Vinyl Scratch. I love your music calms me down listening to it sometimes." He then looked back to Mojo to answer his question. "Well I guess you could say I call the rode my home. I have never had a real home since i was a little colt. I always travel and stay at an inn or hotel or at a friends place."

"Heh, It's nice t'meet you too, Tobias." Vinyl say, giving the pony an appreciative grin for a brief moment.

"We're all about to head on down to a l'il place nearby an' pick out a few odd records for my show tomorrow - you're welcome t'join us if you want, ain't no trouble at all. !"

This wasn't quite her normal time out and she couldn't help but give a small amused chuckle at the thought...the DJ pony was used to being up in a hotel room or at home practicing her well-established musical stylings on most afternoons and not out with a bunch of random ponies as she was right now. It was definately a welcome change of pace at least...

"Well, we're a pretty fun little group, here!" She says with her typically wide smile...she had a good feeling about this.

"If ya'all be ready, Let's go make a little music happen!

"Groovy, Miss Scratch!” Mojo shouted. "Mojo’s always down with some solid tunes!”

"YAY! MUSIC!” added Jubilee, looking more excited than ever as she hovers. ”I LIVE for a power ballad!”

"Count me in as well,” Starflower added, "Just because I’m a little older than the rest of you doesn’t mean my taste in music has grown old also.”

"By the way, Star, just how old are you?”

"WINGS!” Mojo neighed. ”It’s never cool to ask a mare her age.”

"That was a rude question, young lady.”

"Oops, sorry there, didn’t mean to upset you. Wanna whisper it in my ear later?”

Now visibly upset, Starflower used her unicorn magic to levitate a bucket of water above the hovering Pegasus as it dumps upon her, instantly sending Jubilee crashing to the ground.

"My guess is Wings, that means NO.” Mojo giggled as the soaking wet blonde maned Pegasus joined in the laughter.

Tobias smiled and nodded to Vinyl Scratch. "I would love to join all of you ponies. It would be great to hang out with a group of ponies like you." He watched and listened the group of ponies that Vinyl was following. They where an interesting bunch of ponies. The blond maned pony was pretty hyper which made him laugh watching her. The only stallion of the group was pretty relaxed and laid back. Then there was the nurse pony that seemed to be very proper and nice. "You ponies seem to be like a fun bunch to hang around with." He smiled.

"Sounds great to me, at least!" The DJ stated, grinning once more as she looked back towards the entertaining duo of Starflower and Jubilee - she couldn't help but be so amused by just how silly the pair of them seemed to be towards one another, and it almost reminded her of fun times she'd had with other DJ's backstage, goofing off now and then.

Anyhow, her gaze shifts back to Mojo, and she gives a small nod of the head...a hoof gesturing for him to take the lead.

"Alright, man, Show us the way - I look forward to seein' what you guys pick out! "

(ooc): Fixed previous entry

"Groovy, Miss Scratch," Mojo said as the group approached the store. "Hope I can find a folk album of the greatest group in modern pony time, the Beatles. They could really play, songs like 'Sgt. Pony's Lonely Hearts Club Band' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hoof.' Too bad some careless pony sat on them five years ago. Those beatle bugs may be squished now, but their music lives on!"

"I wanna ROCK!" Jubilee shouted as the Pegasus fluttered above them. "We just GOTTA have Saphirre Shores' latest album in on this! She's the BOMB!"

"Perhaps we can use some Jazz in the music mix," Starflower said calmly while keeping pace with Vinyl Scratch. "If we're lucky, there may be some albums here recorded by Duke Elkington or Dizzy Gazellesby. Those are classic tracks if I ever heard them!"

(Was invited here, hope You don't mind my joining at all... :oops: )

Beauty Brass

Beauty Brass was on her trip to Trottingham. She came here to play on a birthday which ended some minutes ago. She packed her tuba to a bag and suspended it on her back. As Beauty Brass walked, she was looking around enjoying her stay here. After a few moments she saw a group of ponies. Brass recognized one of them, it was Vinyl Scratch. Brass didn't know her at all, she saw her sometimes and heard many good things about this pony. She approached the group and gave a little nod.

Hi there ponies, I hope You don't mind if I will join your conversation? It is good to meet new ponies, especially famous ones. She smiled and looked at everyone here.

Fox watched as a variety of ponies donated their meager amounts. Of course, she wasn't complaining about itâ€â€bits were bits, no matter how many or how few she received. She wasn't paying much attention to the faces of the ponies around her. Of course, she tried to acknowledge everypony who donated, with a slight nod or smile, something that wouldn't interrupt her song but that showed her appreciation.

She heard a large clink, and assumed that a few bits had been dropped in and just hit the others. But when she glanced down, she saw the rather large donation... There hadn't been anypony near her, so it must have come from a Unicorn. Fox glanced around, continuing her song, but looking for the generous culprit. Somepony dressed nicely, very well-to-do...

Her eyes glanced over the blue mane, but her eyes continued on... Until something clicked in the back of her mind. She glanced back, and standing there, watching her... was none other than Vinyl Scratch! Fox blushed, suddenly nervous, but she did her best.

As she reached the end of her song, she struck up another tune. She could see that some of the other ponies in the crowd had already noticed the famous DJ. Fox turned her glance away, trying to turn her attention back to the other members of the crowd to ease her nerves.

"Hmm I like Classical music but I also like Techno its a hard choice for me. What do you think Vinyl I also want it to be better for you to mix into the song." He would really like Vinyls opinion since one she was so good at music and two she was the one mixing all of the songs so it would be easier for her with the right song. He watched the group of ponies talking about what songs they wanted to put into the mix. He then saw a new pony approaching the group and he bowed his head to this new pony. "Hello I dont mind you joining us personally. My names Tobias Salil by the way."

The discussion was certainly one that was taking many interesting turns, and Vinyl found herself smirking in delight at the chance to have such a frank and refreshing discussion about music types, and to share her views with others who may even have listened to her own music. In many ways, this was always a good chance to see just what directions to take her sounds.

She pauses mid-thought to Bid welcome to the new pony, Beauty Brass, before going on to give her thoughts.

" Well, Techno and Instrumental orchestra don't often blend well, admittedly, but there are times that the musics can compliment and enhance one another in rare forms. " She says, recalling a few times she'd heard it done well back at the club scenes in manehattan and canterlot. " Some old DJ friends of mine were crazy good at working that out - I haven't tried that on any deep level compared to those ponies, but I'm willin' to give it a shot!

Scratch pauses and gives a small amused chuckle as she pondered further on the idea.

" Maybe I can pick up some more More DeadR8 while I'm at it...that guys pretty good too!

(ooc): Time to redirect some of the attention back on Fox

As Mojo, Starflower and Jubilee continued walking and talking with Vinyl Scratch, Tobias and Beauty Brass towards the record shop, another pony joined the crowd around Fox. She was a smaller looking yellow furred unicorn mare with a short cropped purple mane and tail. She was Misty Magic, a Postal worker in Trottingham who had just completed her shift and followed the lovely sound of Fox's music to the park. Usually Misty was a bit shy about making public appearances. Those who knew her understood that although she was a good natured pony, her magic was somewhat imperfect. Sure, Misty could do simple unicorn levitation without any problem, but any of her advanced magical spells seemed to have a way of backfiring.

All that didn't matter now. Misty was enthralled by the wonderful music the filly was playing. Quickly, she levitated a few gold coins from her purse and floated them over at Fox's open instrument case, dropping them in.

"Such wonderful music! I really want to meet that great musician after she's done playing!"

Beauty Brass

She was very excited with meeting Vinyl Scratch, she was happy with it. She listened to everypony and didn't disturb their talking, but when Vinyl Scratch mentioned mixing classical music, she smiled and needed to get her chance here, she needed to propose something here.

This is very exciting Mrs. Vinyl! We could someday mix it, I can play classical music. Well, I’m not kinda sure if this is the thing You would want at all because I’m playing a tuba, but it doesn't hurt to ask right? All you need to do is say yes. She again smiled to Vinyl when she left with others ponies. Beauty went to a good place in the right time.

Vinyl glanced at the other pony a moment, her thought train moving along for a moment as she pondered the idea...she'd never really thought much about the Tuba in a situation like this, and wasn't totally sure the idea was even workable.

" Well, uh... " the unicorn began, looking a little awkward at the potential sounds she was hearing mentally.

She was known for being able to more or less conjure musical awesome from almost anything, but this wasn't quite the most ideal of instruments to work with. Tubas were loud, a little obtrusive, and hardly suited to being in a mix on their own.

" I'll definitely give it some thought...but we really should follow Mojo for now. "

She says after giving a small grin to the Tuba-playing pony before her. " I'll pick up something Tuba-based in the store though...keep that back for my own personal listening...I kinda like brass horn instruments on their own, actually! "

The DJ was becoming a little aware of the passing of time...the sun was starting to slowly set and she kinda wanted to get back to her hotel room for some rest and relaxation. As much as she liked mingling with others, the evenings when she wasn't in the club or out on tour with others, she liked to keep free for her own relaxation.

She was hoping things would move along quicker at this point, as the crowds were gathering and a good few eyes were looking in her direction...she didn't mind crowds, of course, but she was out doing her own thing right now - if any ponies were going to come and try to strike up conversation with her, she was likely to start getting a little sharp with them.

(ooc): It’s been seven days since I sent Holypony20 a PM asking him to take his turn in this RP. Since my PM hasn’t even been read, I’m assuming he’s away, so I’m taking the next turn to move the story along.

Mojo glanced over at Beauty Brass and then up at the still hovering Jubilee.

"Hear that, Wings?" Mojo asked his Pegasus friend. "Beauty Brass plays classical tuba, and you’re speciality is classical piano! Maybe the two of ya can jam together sometime."

"Hey! Great idea!" Jubilee shouted as she fluttered over to Beauty Brass. "Whatdaya say? I haven’t played much classical stuff since my days at the Music Academy."

"Let’s set our minds on the task at hoof, please," Starflower interrupted. "We’re here to help Miss Scratch select the music for her next show."

"Chill out, love! Me and Wings will get right on it, right Wings?"

"Be back in a flash with the tracks!"

"Wonder where this store keeps the Jazz albums?" Starflower asked as the three ponies frantically made their album selections and brought them to Vinyl Scratch for her approval.

Meanwhile, back in the area where Fox was playing, Misty Magic continued to be enthralled by the young mare’s excellent music.

"Never have I heard such wonderful music!" the young unicorn shouted as she closed her eyes and swayed to the beat. She was unaware that her horn was now glowing and that she had unwittingly triggered her magic. As her horn glowed, it produced a spectacular ‘lights show’ directly above the crowd that pulsated to the beat of the music Fox played.

Tobias watched and folowed all the ponies in the group he was happy to be able to hang out with some nice ponies. He went in looking at some of the classical records and took one he liked. "Hmm this might be good to put into the mix." He looked at some more not knowing if that one will quite work. He looked on a bit indecisive. He watched the group pic out theres and go over to Vinyl with them. He did the same with the one he picked out. "Well I hope this one will work good with your mix Vinyl Scratch." He smiled hoping she would like it.

Vinyl was impressed at how quickly everypony had gathered up their favourite tracks...she'd had a chance at listening to them thank to a small talk to the store owner - for the most part, she could see how something could be made out of them that may not have ever been tried before...or at the very least, was something that would be a tad more adventurous in it's execution.

The Unicorn gave a smile, giving each of the ponies a playful kiss on the cheek - she appreciated their contributions and planned on doing whatever she could to make sure they heard whatever she wound up with first hand...

" Thanks, ponies - Don't worry, I'll get you guy in to hear what results...I got no idea how it's gonna work, but we'll work a jam out of it somehow, don't you worry about that! " She says with a small nod of the head.

Anyhow, it was time she made a move - things had to be done and the time was passing...paying for all of the recommended records, she gives each of the ponies one last hug of appreciation before levitating her shades up slightly and winks.

" Thanks everypony, can't wait to start messing around with this stuff...you're all gonna love it! "

And with that, the female DJ leaves the shop, humming loudly to herself as she makes her way back to her hotel...an added spring in her step thanks to the prospect of something new and interesting to poke around with for her show tomorrow!

(ooc): I think we should allow MyLittlePonyTales to post here again before we proceed any further.

Then it'll be Applenitrox's turn (as Beauty Brass) and then mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Fox glanced up again, scanning the crowd for the familiar blue-mane Pegasus. She watched Vinyl Scatch walk away with some other ponies, presumably admirers from the substantial crowd. Fox knew better than to crowd celebrities, but regardless, she still would have liked to meet the famous DJ. Her style was much different, but it was a type of music Fox would probably never be able to play herself.

She noticed the sudden glowing lights above the crowd. Was that for her? Fox couldn't really tell where it was coming from, but it seemed a bit too excessive for her meager performance. Still, everypony admired somepony, whether that pony was famous or not. It was an interesting 'thank you', but the effort it took to produce such a display was appreciated, even if Fox didn't know who to thank.

Fox strummed out the last few notes, ending on a harmonious chord. She bowed before the crowd amidst the staggered claps. It was a signal that she was finished for the day. She thanked anypony that complimented her, throwing in that she'd be back another day if they happened to be around. The crowd filtered off, and Fox began to put her guitar away, stowing the gathered bits in a side pocket of the guitar case.

(Sorry for wait, I had some irl problems :sniff: :sniff: )

Beauty Brass looked at Vinyl Scratch and nodded while she was talking, then smiled to her and winked.

Hey, it is always nice to try isn't it? Then she looked at Wings and nodded again.

You play classical piano ? How wonderful, one of my band members plays classical piano too! But sure, someday we can try playing together, why not? It is always nice to try playing with new ponies. And she again smiled while looking at Wings. Beauty Brass was walking alongside them. She didn't quite know where they are going and what they need, but she was happy that she met other folks interested in music. At least she had a chance to meet Vinyl Scratch and tell her what she had in mind with mixing tuba + electronic music. And she could meet Wings, a pony that played classical music!

(ooc): Just for information, AppleNitrox, "Wings" is Mojo's nickname for Jubilee. He is the only one who calls her Wings. She calls him 'Modge' from time to time, but that's also a nickname. I am not asking you to change your last post, just keep that in mind for future reference.

(extra ooc): According to Vinyl Scratch's character log, she has 'exited' this RP. I will edit this entry and from now on, remember that Vinyl Scratch has left the scene.

"Sure, I'd love to have a jam session with you, Beauty Brass!" Jubilee neighed with a grin as she waved at the departing DJ pony. "Bye, Vinyl Scratch! I'll be there for rehearsal tomorrow and thanks again for giving me this big break!"

"Half a mo' folks!" Mojo shouted as he looked at the sky down the street. "Dig all those groovy colors up there!"

"It's far too early for that to be from fireworks," Starflower said. "Could it be related to that wonderful music that filly in the town square was playing?"

"I say we find out! Ya comin', Wings?"

"Coming! Hay Beauty Brass, Tobias, wanna see what's going on?" Jubilee asked, smiling widely as she waited for their replies. After politely excusing themselves from the group, Mojo and Starflower gallop back to the town square. By now, the biggest part of the crowd was starting to disperse but a petite yellow furred unicorn mare stood with her eyes still closed, complete enthralled with Fox's music. Fearing that the mare was somehow asleep on her hooves, the two ponies rushed up to her.

"Pardon us, miss, are you alright?"

"Hay, wake up young mare!"

The words they spoke snapped Misty Magic out of her musical 'trance'. When her eyes opened wide, the spectatular 'lights show' in the sky above instantly vanish.

"Huh? What ... what's going on?"

"We were about to ask you the same question. Are you responsible for that lights show we saw earlier?"

"Lights show? I don't understand, ma'am," Misty timidly answered the taller unicorn. "I was just standing here enjoying some of the most lovely music I've ever heard in my life. Guess I lost track of time."

It was then that Mojo noticed Fox putting her guitar away and getting ready to leave. The Paint stallion had to meet her! Rushing up to her, he smiled politely.

"Those were some groovy tunes you were playin', miss. You play like a pro! My name's Mojo and I have to know where you learn to strum those cool songs!"