Ponies at the Gate (Bell & Raridash, Open)

Bellosh

2uysrxh.jpg

Whenever somepony dreams of the Grand Galloping Gala, among the last things that’ll cross their mind is an image of an armored royal guard carrying around an oversized cup of flavored cherry drink. Yet on precisely this night, one might have had the opportunity to witness Pvt. Flash Sentry doing just that within the hallowed corridors of Canterlot Castle. Having been reassigned from the Crystal Empire not so long ago, the stallion ended up available to serve guard duty during this year’s Gala; the first time it had ever been open to the general public.

This meant every guard assigned on Gala security would have to handle an incredibly increased volume of attendees from previous events. Not that Flash Sentry minded though, for he hadn’t been in the Royal Equestrian Army long enough for guard a prior Grand Galloping Gala. All the same though, the private felt grateful for the chance to see the annual event in person… even if it meant staying put most of the time at the Front Gate.

But Flash was not alone this night; standing on guard on the other side of the portal into Canterlot Castle was one of his newer mates, PFC. Radiant Steel. Having got off to a very good start back during the REA Ball, the two bonded even more upon Pvt. Sentry’s reassignment to the Equestrian Heartland. Whenever the light orange pegasus wasn’t doing a special task for Princess Twilight, he frequently worked together with the mare whom he felt more and more admiration by the day due to her unwavering dedication to her duty. Flash had always been a sucker for those types of mares.

After a few hours of Front Gate duty, the line of crowds desiring admittance into the castle died down, and Flash Sentry volunteered to fetch a quenching refreshment for both himself and Radiant Steel to share. Flash already knew Radiant well enough to know of her liking of indulgent drinks; drinks some would say are only meant for consumption by children. Luck smiled on the stallion, for somepony in the private guard lounge was serving flavored powder drinks for on-duty personnel to enjoy. Ordering a cherry drink and fetching two straws, the light orange pegasus made it back to his post in five minutes; “back in a flash” would be a fitting choice of words.

“Found us some refreshments,” Flash presented the large cup to his white pegasus counterpart once he trotted back to her; “Want the first sip?” True to his word, the kindly gentlecolt left the beverage untouched save for the straws and a floating ice cube.....

Radiant was slightly on edge as she stood at her post. For once she had been given a somewhat prestigious assignment--front gate security detail at the Grand Galloping Gala, Canterlot's most illustrious social event. It was a more important station even then usual too, as the event--and with it the castle--was now wide open to the general public. The guards on station needed to do their best to make sure no one suspicious slipped through hoping to pilfer from the Castle or do something otherwise malicious. Of course, most ponies had nothing but good will to the princesses and Radiant had been commanded both by her immediate superiors and her own father to control herself and by no means jump carelessly to accuse or accost Gala guests.

It was still mostly standing around, remaining vigilant, though there admittedly was no shortage of things to look at. Radiant was nothing but impressed looking out at the streams of mares and stallions that crowded steadily past her, all dressed so prettily. She couldn't really say she envied them; the awkwardness of the REA Ball stuck out in her mind making her glad that she was there that night as a guard and not a guest. Her armor was familiar and it brought her comfort while pretty dresses only left her feeling vulnerable and exposed.

The REA Ball. Radiant couldn't help but revisit those memories as she stood at her post alone. Not only was it a big social event and dance like the Gala, the last such event she had attended, albeit in a different capacity, but it was also where she had happened to meet the pony assigned to her current post with her. She wasn't sure why he had approached her then; he very likely felt sorry for her, looking sorry and playing the part of a complete wallflower in the dance hall. Whatever the reason, she was ultimately glad to meet the stallion Flash Sentry. He was... well... refreshingly easy to talk to, and even after repeated babbling, he didn't seem to actively judge Radiant as some kind of headcase, or at least was good at hiding it if he did.

She had initially tried to block out the memories of the REA Ball. It had been such an awkward event for her that she just wanted to block it out and forget it happened. When Flash Sentry was transferred from his post in the Crystal Empire back down to the Heartland, however, she decided to face it, or at least him. Ultimately they had gotten to know each other and Radiant now could count him as a friend, something which had proven all too sparing to find since she had joined the REA. She was certainly glad to have him around, though tonight was the first time they had really been stationed together on the same job.

“Found us some refreshments. Want the first sip?”

Radiant looked up to see Flash coming toward her. He had left five minutes ago to get something to drink, and returning now he was carrying a large cup filled with a bright red liquid. Radiant gave a weak, awkward smile. She had always been somewhat embarrassed by her underdeveloped tastes.Her preference for sweet and sugary things over more subtle or adult flavors and how it went against her tough REA persona was something her brother would often tease her about. She had been around Flash long enough that he knew what she tended to order and he seemed okay with it, but it still just made her feel kind of awkward.

By the same token, she hadn't expected this and seeing Flash returned with something for her to drink made her kind of happy. Her smile became increasingly confident and eventually she gave a nod. "Thank you, Flash," she said grabbing the drink from him and taking a long sip from one of the straws. The sweet red liquid tasted good to her and was certainly refreshing after hours spent standing guard. "It's quite good," she added as she finished her sip.

She stepped back then and gave a sigh. "The Grand Galloping Gala... it's still hard to believe I'm standing guard for something so prestigious..." she spoke wistfully, looking out across the castle lawn.

2uysrxh.jpg

"Thank you, Flash, It's quite good."

Flash Sentry suppressed a bemused smile as he briefly saw Radiant Steel's face take on an initial awkward expression. The guard didn't really know why his partner needed to feel embarrassed; Flash himself saw no shame in indulging in ice cream whenever he got the chance or in talking about his appreciation of the Daring Do books. But the young stallion was glad to see Radiant relaxing her features as she took the first drink. “Aw, it’s nothing,” Pvt. Sentry remarked through a friendly chuckle; “Glad you like it.”

"The Grand Galloping Gala... it's still hard to believe I'm standing guard for something so prestigious..."

The light orange pegasus nodded while he took his first drink from the other straw. To be fair, Flash Sentry was able to somewhat visualize a tiny bit of how the Grand Galloping Gala. After all, he had been assigned to be a court herald back when his unit was tasked with providing security back during the last Royal Summit. But what minor pomp and circumstance the guardpony engaged in some months ago couldn’t compare to the throngs of sharply dressed ponies that descended upon Canterlot Castle for the Gala.

“Tell me about it,” Flash continued with the white mare’s smalltalk, positioning himself to attentively stand right next to Radiant while still keeping a close watch over the Front Lawn; “You know Radiant, considering how they relaxed the dress code for the Gala this year, I’m surprised so many ponies showed up in their finest outfits anyway. Heh, I’m sure those dressmakers are rolling in bits right about now.....”

One female earth pony was arriving as the two guards were chatting with one another, looking a bit uncomfortable in her fancy dress. She was a pretty looking mare, hair combed down pretty straight, held by dark green hair clips to avoid going in front of her eyes, and hanging as low as it could without making her trip over it. There was a small layer of make-up on her face, but not really noticeable unless you really looked closely Her dress was a darker green than her coat, the color of fresh forest leaves with curling lines of thin pink going down the lower half of the dress. The over shape of the design was simple. Though very nicely made, it wasn't meant to draw the eyes of any ponies who looked her way and the mare was fine with that. She looked a bit uncomfortable with coming here, but she was trying her best to look like she wanted to be here.

So why was Creole 'Creepy' Pasta here when she clearly didn't want to come? Well, her parents ran a pretty popular pasta restaurant in Canterlot and they were always looking for new ways to advertise their business and bring more ponies in to eat their food. However, they were victims of their own success. They simply could not leave and go to the Gala because they both needed to mind the restaurant. Then, as if by great fortune, their daughter Creole had come to visit them a week before the Galloping Gala was to happen. They asked their daughter to go to the gala in their stead to talk to all the ponies there and make sure to tell others about them. At first she was against the idea. Sure she was social, but these kind of events had dancing. Creole had four left hooves when it came to that sort of thing and the last time she had tried dancing... well she had only just paid off the damage she had caused months ago. Creole had no wish to duplicate the event or. Celestia forbid, surpass it. However, the parents plead and wore her down until Creole finally agreed to do it. What followed was a rush to prepare a perfect dress with a lot of concessions for Creole who did not want to be all fru fru in appearance. And so here she was, about to enter the biggest party of the year and not looking too happy about it.

“Aw, it’s nothing, Glad you like it.”

Radiant just smiled, nodded and blushed slightly. Flash really wasn't like most of the REA ponies she knew. He wasn't some intimidating hard-edged blowhard like her father nor was he some showboating scoundrel like her brother. He was nice and he was genuine. Maybe it was because he was still no new to it, newer than Radiant even by a few months, but she doubted it could be just that. She had dealt with other newer recruits, such as that Sterling Silver, only to find them possessing questionable morals. Flash was just so earnest and kind. She supposed that was why she found he was one of the few ponies she could talk to easily.

“Tell me about it, You know Radiant, considering how they relaxed the dress code for the Gala this year, I’m surprised so many ponies showed up in their finest outfits anyway. Heh, I’m sure those dressmakers are rolling in bits right about now.....”

"i suppose they just want to look nice. For many attending this will be their first time visiting the castle or maybe even Canterlot perhaps," Radiant said in a low voice, looking out upon the ponies passing by. "I mean... the Princess herself is in there, and all of the guests have a chance of just bumping into her."

Radiant gave a long sigh as she stared upward for a second. She had always been rather enamored with Princess Celestia to the point of idolizing her. Surely there was no pony in Equestria more perfect and important and beautiful. Doubtless she wouldn't have even the beginning of a clue as to what to do were she to actually meet her.

"Meeting the Princess face to face... I know I'd want to look my very best if it ever happened," she said. "Though of course, in my case, I'm sure this armor suits me better than any kind of fancy dress."

"Though of course, in my case, I'm sure this armor suits me better than any kind of fancy dress."

Creole heard the guard's preference and rolled her eyes, speaking up. "I'd give anything to be wearing anything but a dress, even heavy armor. I look pretty silly with this on. This is exactly why I don't usually come to fancy parties like this a lot. Its just uncomfortable." Creole went over to the two guards, smiling to them. "And don't get me started on my hair. I wanted it in my own unique style, but my parents insisted I wear it a bit more normal like everyone else. No fun at all... Oh, where are my manners? Here I am talking your ear off and I haven't introduced myself. My name is Creole Pasta, very nice to met you two guards. I do paranormal investigating here and there in Equestria. Most call me Creepy though, a good nickname I think. And who might you two be?" Creole seemed a bit happier now that she had something to do other than fuss over her own state of affairs. She looked a little happier.

2uysrxh.jpg

"I suppose they just want to look nice. For many attending this will be their first time visiting the castle or maybe even Canterlot perhaps. I mean... the Princess herself is in there, and all of the guests have a chance of just bumping into her."

“Hmmm,” replied a humbled Flash Sentry; “You’ve got a good point there.” Having worked directly under a princess of Equestria on a frequent basis for the last several weeks or so, the young stallion had started to take for granted that not everypony could regularly interact with royalty. Heck, there were probably many ponies who went through their entire lives without ever seeing Princess Celestia. As Radiant Steel pointed out, it actually made a lot of sense that Celestia’s subjects would go out of their way to dress up for any event where they could have that one chance to meet their beloved monarch.

"Meeting the Princess face to face... I know I'd want to look my very best if it ever happened.Though of course, in my case, I'm sure this armor suits me better than any kind of fancy dress."

Pvt. Sentry gave off a knowing chuckle, remembering all too well the last time he saw Radiant in a dress; the first time they encountered each other to be precise. Flash vividly recalled how the mare looked so uncomfortable wearing the outfit she wore to the Army Ball… and how cute she looked in that getup either. The white pegasus may prefer her armor over anything else, but at least she deserved a second opinion other than one possibly tainted by negativity; “I don’t know Radiant… I thouht you looked really pre-”

"I'd give anything to be wearing anything but a dress, even heavy armor. I look pretty silly with this on. This is exactly why I don't usually come to fancy parties like this a lot. Its just uncomfortable..... Most call me Creepy though, a good nickname I think. And who might you two be?"

On instinct, the light orange stallion stopped talking and made his body posture more rigid as a mare named Creepy came up to express her own personal dissatisfaction with wearing dresses. Flash was pretty sure Radiant would sympathize with the civilian earth pony’s plight. At any rate, the stallion slightly craned his neck up as if lining up for inspection as he calmly provided his name; “Private Sentry at your service, ma’am.....”

​Creole giggled at the instantaneous switch from relaxed and happy to stiff and serious the male guard did at the first sign of anypony paying attention to him. It was kinda cute how serious the guard took his job. It was of course good that he did so. That meant when he needed to protect ponies, he would do his duty. However, life must be quite boring if he took his job too seriously. Granted, she took her study of Parapsychology and Cryptozoology seriously when investigating as well, but that did not mean she could not have a bit of fun while doing it. She playfully knocked his shoulder. "Lighten up. There is no need for you to be all rules and regulation. You can do you job while relaxed too. Its a party, live a little Mr. Sentry. I plan making the most of the evening as well." She looked the guard over and shook her head at him. "No, I refuse to call you Private Sentry. Its too formal. You are to call me Creepy, not ma'm and you are to tell me your actual full name mister stiff and proper. I insist on it."

“I don’t know Radiant… I thouht you looked really pre-”

Radiant glanced aside nervously as Flash began to speak. She was being at worst pathetic and at best unfeminine, so she had no expectations it'd be anything good. His tone thus kind of surprised her, as seemed prepared to refute what she had asserted. Was he actually going to pay her a compliment? She had looked absurd, hadn't she? She blushed noticeably as he got to the important word, but before he could spit it out, there was suddenly an interruption.

"I'd give anything to be wearing anything but a dress, even heavy armor. I look pretty silly with this on. This is exactly why I don't usually come to fancy parties like this a lot. Its just uncomfortable. And don't get me started on my hair. I wanted it in my own unique style, but my parents insisted I wear it a bit more normal like everyone else. No fun at all... Oh, where are my manners? Here I am talking your ear off and I haven't introduced myself. My name is Creole Pasta, very nice to met you two guards. I do paranormal investigating here and there in Equestria. Most call me Creepy though, a good nickname I think. And who might you two be?"

Radiant just gawked for a moment at the green mare who came out of nowhere and interjected herself into their conversation. Radiant wasn't sure what to even think. What had Flash been about to say? "Pre"? That could be any number of things. "Preposterous" seemed most appropriate given how she had looked in that dress but she supposed she would never know now. Instead she just stared awkwardly as Flash addressed the mare who then continued to speak to them.

"Lighten up. There is no need for you to be all rules and regulation. You can do you job while relaxed too. Its a party, live a little Mr. Sentry. I plan making the most of the evening as well.No, I refuse to call you Private Sentry. Its too formal. You are to call me Creepy, not ma'm and you are to tell me your actual full name mister stiff and proper. I insist on it."

Radiant stared the mare over curiously, not quite understanding where she was coming from with what she said.

"We are on duty guards of the Royal Equestrian Army Garrison Force, ma'am. This event may be a party as you say, but for us this is a job, and given the size and scope of it, one that calls for due vigilance," she said in a very matter-of-fact way. "I see little reason for us to drop proper regulation and protocol."

"We do appreciate your taking a moment from your gala experience to speak with us, but it remains that the reason for our being here is not to socialize," the pegasus continued with a stern nod.

2uysrxh.jpg

"Lighten up. There is no need for you to be all rules and regulation..... You are to call me Creepy, not ma'm and you are to tell me your actual full name mister stiff and proper. I insist on it."

The rookie guard’s face squinched in confusion as Creepy tapped on his soldier. To imply that army life was nothing but rules and regulation was quite a bit of an exaggeration, especially away from the eyes of the public. But among the numerous things drilled into Pvt. Flash Sentry’s head during his training, among the most important to keep in mind was to always present oneself as proud and firm whenever performing in a ceremonial capacity. Loosing up while on the beat was one thing… and in many ways actively encouraged to establish rapport among the civilians they’ve sworn to protect.

But nearly everypony also expected the Royal Guard to look and behave to their absolute most professional level possible. For all the Creepy Pastas in the world, a hundred more ponies would complain to see guards acting uncouth during a Grand Galloping Gala. This was precisely the reason why Flash waited so long to fetch a drink, so that less attendees (and generally less important ponies at that) would be around to see his and Radiant Steel’s break in decorum.

"We are on duty guards of the Royal Equestrian Army Garrison Force, ma'am... We do appreciate your taking a moment from your gala experience to speak with us, but it remains that the reason for our being here is not to socialize."

Before Pvt. Sentry could say a word to Miss Pasta, PFC. Steel gave a rather stern reminder that REA guards assigned to a post weren’t supposed to be chit-chatting with other ponies. Flash had never been assigned to work with Radiant before, so the stallion felt rather shocked by his first glimpse of how his partner handled the situation. Being a mellow pony at heart, Flash would not have ever addressed a civilian with such bluntness… but then again, Radiant had a very good point. Both of the guards needed to maintain a careful watch of the Front Lawn, which couldn’t be done if they were getting distracted by Creepy Pasta.

Flash Sentry resolved to help his comrade see the pukish-green mare on her way and to express solidarity with Radiant, but the light orange pegasus would tell her after his more gentle fashion; “You’re free to chat with any of us when we’re off-duty, but right now it’s important to the public that we perform our job without distraction. We hope you understand.” Extending a foreleg towards the gate into the castle, the private provided a polite smile as he said; “Enjoy your time at the Grand Galloping Gala, Miss Pasta.” Flash figured “Miss Pasta” instead of either “Creepy” or “ma’am” would be good enough of a compromise.....

Just cresting over the mountain-foreshortened horizon came a pegasus, heavy-laden in flight. Just now, he was a mere dark silhouette against the field of stars, but the guards could see his wings straining to catch every breeze that might aid his trip. This was Sky Sailing, and he was late.

The recent broadening of musical styles in the Dance Hall had opened up many an opportunity for musicians, and Sky was one of the fortunate few invited to provide music. He'd debuted on the public stage at the Fetrock Music Festival, and apparently his own dreamy form of electronica had stuck a chord with somepony, so to speak. Unfortunately, he was still neither rich nor famous enough to warrant roadies, which meant that he had to carry all his equipment and instruments himself. This had slowed him down quite a bit on his way from Cloudsdale, and he was pushing himself so that he wouldn't arrive too late for his time slot.

He'd just made it to the edge of the lawn, when his left wing just couldn't take it any more. He was in full view of the ponies below, and they would be able to see it wrench out of it's socket, and hear the sky-blue stallion's cry of pain. "Ah-AAAAHH!" The louder scream was not so much because of his wing, as because he was now plummeting towards the earth.

Creepy sighed a bit. They had good points, but they were still acting stiff and such. She thought they could at least crack a grin or something that didn't make them complete grouches. They looked like young adults too. One more reason they should be enjoying life and such. However, her thoughts were interrupted by the scream of the falling pegasus. She looked and her eyes widened when she saw him coming down. Not even wasting a second thinking of it, Creepy predicted where he would hit the ground and galloped to the spot. When he came crashing down, Creepy broke his fall. That collision obviously hurt, but she stifled any cry out of pain and looked up at the newcomer. "Hey there... ouch. "you came down pretty hard. Are you alright up there?"

"Ah-AAAAHH!"

Flash went on to support what Radiant had asserted to the unusual mare and she seemed prepared to move along, when very suddenly there was a call from above. Radiant looked up then to see a pegasus stallion losing his balance and heading for a crash. Radiant knew that feeling all too well. She hadn't been the best flier in her youth and even recently while trying to fly in armor for the first time there had been more than a few times she went crashing to the ground. It was painful and a blow to the pride of any pegasus.

This was, however, exactly the sort of thing the Garrison Force was here to prevent. Radiant opened her wings on instinct, intent to rush and catch the crashing stallion, however she was a few paces too slow to action. She pulled back mid flight when she realized she would not make it in time of impact and came to a landing nearby. Luckily for her, the green mare had acted a step quicker than she had and had got into position to break his fall. Radiant sighed. Her opportunity to handle something as a guard, protecting and serving the guests here and she had been outpaced by a civilian. it was somewhat disheartening, though ultimately she supposed the important thing was that the stallion had been spared serious injury.

"Are you alright, ma'am?" Radiant started offering a hoof to help up Creepy. Even if she had sort of been shown up to an extent, it remained that the fast action of this pony was impressive. "That was a brave thing you did, throwing yourself into harms way to protect someone else. You showed good instinct and moved quicker than either of us could. You could make a decent guard."

2uysrxh.jpg

Despite his name, Flash Sentry did not react to the falling pegasus as fast as his more experienced partner did, whom he found himself trailing. But even a galloping Radiant Steel found herself beaten to the scene by Creepy Pasta, who made a valiant attempt to use herself as a cushion for the civilian in distress. Pvt. Sentry had always found such feats marvelous, for he never quite grasped how in select scenarios, ponies speeding uncontrollably at a high velocity didn’t suffer severe injuries if their fall came to a sudden stop.

While Radiant tended to Creepy Pasta, Flash tried to ascertain the condition of the new winged arrival, who he could now clearly see to be a young sky blue stallion. “Are you okay, sir?” the guard asked of the stallion, offering a hoof to him; “Can you tell us why you crash-landed on the Front Lawn.....?”

"AAaah- OOF!" The impact could not have been comfortable for Creepy, considering that Sky Sailing was practically carting his own weight in equipment. With a groan and a clatter, he rolled off her back onto the lawn. He lay there blinking for a bit, before a sharp pain in his wing joint sent him sitting bolt upright. He looked around at the three ponies who'd now gathered around him. "Urm... I think I'll be alright. Nothings broken- Ow!"

Trying to move his wing had been a mistake. "Wing popped out of the joint." He winced, breathing through his teeth as he explained to Flash Sentry. "Could you please put it back?"

Creepy chucked a bit at the suggestion from Radiant that she would make a good guard, taking her hoof and pulling herself up. "Two problems with that idea. One, I honestly couldn't stand as still as a statue for hours every day or I'd go completely bonkers, you know? Second.. well lets just say that heroic act came from a lot of practice against much scarier situations. I'd get into the details, but you royal guards are much too busy doing your job to have any fun." Creepy winked playfully at Radiant, showing she was merely poking fun at her.

When she heard that the pegasus she helped had gotten his wing dislocated, she winced. She was sorta glad she didn't have wings or a horn. They always seemed to have some kind of problem attached to them. Better to be nice and sturdy on the ground then flying and why waste time learning spells to do stuff when one can simply just do it by hoof? They were good extras, but that was all they were to Creepy. Extras. She nodded toward the male pegasus Flash Sentry. "You know how to fix that, right?"

"Two problems with that idea. One, I honestly couldn't stand as still as a statue for hours every day or I'd go completely bonkers, you know? Second.. well lets just say that heroic act came from a lot of practice against much scarier situations. I'd get into the details, but you royal guards are much too busy doing your job to have any fun."

Radiant frowned just slightly as the mare spoke with her playful lilt and accompanying wink. This mare was certainly a difficult sort for her. Her energy and spiritedness didn't pair well with Radiant's strait-laced demeanor. It was probably the background she came from at fault, but Radiant just never knew how to handle ponies like this very well. All the same, this mare had done a heroic deed at cost of personal injury and deserved due credit for that at least.

"I... uh... see," Radiant said, not really sure exactly what to say. She was somewhat curious about these "scarier situations" but duty was supposed to come first, wasn't it? Also, it might just be impolite to ask.

"Well, we commend you for what you did just now, ma'am. In the guard or out of it, Equestria always needs more ponies willing and able to look out for one another," she said with a conclusive nod.

2uysrxh.jpg

"Urm... I think I'll be alright. Nothings broken- Ow! Wing popped out of the joint. Could you please put it back?"

As it nearly so happened, nearly every pony that comes out of Basic Training will possess an adequate knowledge of first aid. There was always a good chance that a soldier of the REA would be called upon to mend an injury suffered by a civilian on the spot. Pvt. Sentry didn’t disappoint in this regard; “Alright sir, just lie still and relax. This might hurt a little bit…” Signaling with a nod towards PFC. Steel so that she could restrain the injured stallion, Flash gently but firmly took the injured wing in his hooves and with a loud *SNAP* set the joint back to its rightful position.

By this time, more royal guards had arrived on the scene having noticed all the commotion at the Front Lawn… and they brought a stretcher with them. “It’s going to be okay,” Flash further assured the fallen pegasus; “You’re going to be taken inside and be treated by a doctor. Are you feeling pain anywhere else on your body.....?”

Sky was breathing heavily, but he knew that guards could do first aid, and he let Flash work without interference. "Ah! Ah... that's better." The wing was still greatly sore, but the relief of having everything back where it should be outweighed the discomfort considerably. "Don't bother with the stretcher." He waved the encroaching guards away as he got to his hooves, shakily, but without disaster. "Nothing else is out place, I'm just bruised." They were impressive bruises, too, blue and purple blotches visible through his pale blue coat.

The pegasus took a few practice steps to get the wobbling out of his legs. "I will see that doctor later, though." He added to reassure the guards, who looked reluctant to leave him. "Oh, and I don't think I can do any heavy lifting now, so if you could bring my bags behindstage to the dance hall? They're for the music." Sky smoothed down his fall-whipped hair, and explained to all present. "There was a last minute cancellation in the line-up, and some equipment got broken, so I got pulled in short-notice."

Creepy didn't even wince at the loud snap of bone as the wing was set back in place, several onlookers grimacing and shivering at the sound as if they could feel it. She was a bit happy the injury was taken care of so easily. She may not look it, but Creepy had a bit of a caring side for those who were in pain. She could do regular first aid well, but setting wings right was not part part of that knowledge. Knowing that the guy was okay for now and he could walk off the soreness, Creepy turned to go as she spoke. "Well I have to head into the gala... my parents want me to tell everypony inside about their restaurant... which reminds me!" She turned back with a smile. "If you ever want some good pasta in Canterlot, try the Pasta Family Restaurant. We have the best pasta found anywhere! Now so long~" With that, Creepy turned back around and headed inside the gala. She might as well do her best to enjoy herself at the party.

Archived