An assistant is needed (No slots left)

TheHybrid

The young mare's jaw practically dropped as she laid eyes upon this "Zebracorn" she looked so unique! so special! the mare sped over to shop owner and asked pointblank in a fast excited tone,"'ey there! can I paint you?!" she asked ecstatically

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Zebracorn mare eyes widened in surprise at the frenzied mare, taking a step back "Not the typical reaction I get... usually I get called an abomination of nature and such" she chuckles softly, it was obvious she wasn't used to getting positive attention. However, before Pressy could really do anything, Rusty stepped in "My apologies, my niece tends to get excited when she sees something unique, or out of the ordinary. And, if I may say so myself, you look quite stunning! However, before my niece does a painting of you, I would like to know if you could condense the liqued in these pants into one, single, vial?" he opens up his satchel, and floats out the plants onto the floor, "Also, you wouldn't happen to have a cure for the cold? My niece has taken ill with the rather... bothersome infection."

The Zebracorn picked up one of the plants with her magc, which had a black and white glow to it, "Hmmm... I could do that. Wouldn't be hard at all! Also, yes, I do have a potion for that cold your niece has, I'll get it for you when I am finished with these plants!" she picked up all fo the plants with her magic, and floated them into the back room, closing the door shut.

The mare seemed to pretty much forget about her cold and was now enraptured by the prospect of a chance to paint somepony so unique. The pink nosed mare turn to Rusty with a big grin plastered on her face,"Isn't this incredible?!" The mare gave another series of coughs but she didn't seem phased by it in the least, still having that grin on her face.

"Do ya think We'll be able to get 'er ta model fer me before we take off, Rusty? I'll definately be quick."

Rusty thinks for a moment, wondering if they would have time to do this, glancing at the mare. He noticed how excited she looked, like this was the best thing that had happened to her in a while, and well it probably was, since this was a once and a life-time opportunity. He shifted uneasily for a few moments, but finally broke down "Alright, Pressy. But you got to be real quick about it..."

The back door opened up, with a black and white glow, revealing a small, dimly lit back room with a large culdron in it, and many shelves holding nearly an infinite amount of ingredients. The Zebracorn was at the culdron, mixing together the liqued from the leaves Rusty had gave her, while at the same time breaking open new ones and pouring more liqued in, both processes using her magic, which seemed exceedingly powerful if she was able to do all of this at once.

She replied to Pressy's question, without looking at her or paying much heed "Yes, come in. I do not mind." she broke the last leaf in the culdren, then went to start boiling it. She opened up an archaic looking air vent in the room, allowing for the steam to escape, while the liqued in the culdron to glow brighter, "Getting rid of all the water thats in this stuff, to make it more potent and compact."

The mare smiled brightly and memorized this scene. "Thanks, Miss!" she said in a cheerful tone before coming right back out and setting up a piece of parchment with her magic, lifting it up high as she lifted up several paintbrushes up. With a bright but serene smile she levitated several brushes out of her saddlebags and began to paint a beautiful painting of the zebracorn. Her piece had captured the mystical nature of the shop's owner perfectly.

The Zebracorn mare blinked as the young mare left as quickly as she came it, but then shrugged "Huh, unicorns are crazy... guess that makes me half-crazy then." she chuckled and continued her task at hoof.

Rusty was in the store part, looking through all the different potions they had, fascinated by all the strange effects and cures she was reading, "You know Pressy, that 'Zebracorn' is probably extremely powerful, zebra potion making magic combined with powerful unicorn magic? Scary stuff ta think about." he shivered lightly, but then noticed she had made a painting of the Zebracorn mare, then smiled "Well would'ja look at that, thats amazin'"

The mare grinned wide as she put the finishing touches on the painting,"there we go!" she said proudly with a sniffle. She turned to the stallion and nodded,"I know... I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't paint" she said with a serene smile on her face.

Nods, chuckling "Ah know what you mean, Pressy. Don't know what Ah'd do if Ah couldn't do my invention work anymore. Don't think life would be worth... that is a real nice painting though, really shows how unique the mare is!" he says, speaking in semi-hushed tones, so the mare in the back doesn't hear him. He admired Pressy's painting skills, it looked almost like a photograph, yet not really because it had a small surreal twist to it that a pony couldn't describe.

However, he was started out of his trance when the back-door swung open, and the Zebracorn trotted out into the main-store, floating along with her a vial of extreme bright white liqued, which was almost blinding to look at. She trotted behind the store counter, and placed the potion onto it "Here, it's done! This stuff is now pure liquid energy... very dangerous stuff! I'm assuming you're going to be doing some heavy magic work?" she asked, raising a brow. Rusty chuckled lightly, nodding "Yes yes, I suppose you could say that. Anyway, how much would I need to compensate you for your services...?" he begins to envelope his magic around his satchel, ready to pay the mare a large sum of money, knowing how difficult and delicate the process of potion condensing is. He is surprised, however, when she simply laughs and waves a hoof, smiling warmly "Your kindness and respect is payment enough. I havn't gotten any for at least... heh... few years. It reminds me that not all ponies are bad, and maybe there is actually a kind few out there! Oh and uhm..." she floats another, smaller potion out, simply labeled 'Q.C.C', which she pointed out each letter with her hoof "Quick Cold Cure. Should get the mares cold fixed in no time!" she smiled warmly at the mare, however her eyes fell upon her painting. Her jaw half-dropped "My, what a beautiful painting!" she said, trotting around from her desk, "I havn't seen a painting so amazing before! I mean, I'm not saying that because I'm in it, that'd be narcissistic. It's just... everything about it is... beautiful!"

Pressy smiled brightly upon hearing Rusty's praise,"Thanks, Ru-- er Uncle..." she coughs a moment before she hugged the stallion from the side," and.... yer an awesome... well y'know." she said with a chuckle, remembering that they were still technically undercover.

The golden-tan mare stared at the bright white vial,letting Rusty talk to the zebracorn. As she was shone the cure she lit up even more,"Woohoo! Thanks so much Miss... uh I don' think we got yer name." she said with a slightly embarrassed smile. Upon seeing her jaw drop at the sight of her work, the mare puffed out her chest in pride,"Thanks again! I think I should let you keep it... I mean it'd look great on the wall don'tcha think?" she said happily.

The Zebracorn mare lit up, smiling wide "Oh! You're so generous, giving away such an amazing piece like this!" she gave the mare a quick hug, then backed away with a sheepish smile "My name is Zalmixa, a compromise between Zalma, what my father wanted to name me, and Mixer, what my mother wanted to name me." she sat down, smiling politely at the two "What about you two? What are your names?"

Rusty floated the two vials into his satchel, then cleared his throat, then peaking in his normal southern accent said "Mah name is Rusty Contraption, and mah name... well actually, it doesn't have a special story behind it. Also, sorry fer the fancy accent before, we come far away and Ah was just tryin' to blend in." he said, smiling lightly while rubbing the back of his neck.

Zalmixa chuckled, "You two have some strange names... probably even stranger then mine! However, I like the, especially like Prestza's, seems to fit her nicely!" She turned to Rusty, sighing lightly "Well, it was a pleasure meeting you two friendly unicorns, but I must get back to my potion making... I have some custom orders to fill for a... certain earth pony ruler down in the earth pony settlement..." she shook her head, chuckling lightly "Crazy 'ol mare..."

Rusty nodded, "Eyep, was nice meetin' ya Ms. Zalmixa! Hope we meet again one day!" he extended his hoof, which she hesitently accepted and shook, most likely some hesitant feelings she had towards unicorns surfacing just for a moment.

The mare grinned and nodded,"It was nice meetin' ya miss Zalmixa!" she said before she took the bottle that held the cure for her cold,"anythin' I gotta know about this before I drink it?" she asked looking at it curiously.

((Woops, sorry!)) Zalmixa thought for a moment, nodding her head slowly "Mmm... yes uhm... you may become slightly hyper, as the medicine kicks your bodies energy levels into over-drive." she chuckled, "Other then that, you should be fine! Now out you two! I have a lot of work to do!" she said, for a brief moment her voice sounding a lot like a certain unicorn from their own time. The Zebracorn politely pushed the two out with her magic, "Take care!" she sad, before she closed the door.

Rusty looked at Pressy, grinning "Well, drink up! We'll git goin' after you drink."

The pink nosed mare sniffled a moment before smiling right back,"Welp... down the hatch!" she said cheerfully before gulping down the vial. After few moments she didn't notice any change, "I don' think it's wor--" she paused as she felt her body fill with energy and she felt her cold symptoms dissapear. With a massive grin she leapt into the air,"Yahoo! This stuff's amazin'! c'mon Rusty! let's get that stuff and head home!" said the mare with growing enthusiasm.

Rusty eyes grew wide as he watched then ow energy filled mare, a small nervous smile forming on his mouth "Alright Pressy... calm down now... we got Plenty of time... we just need ta' find a back alleyway, and Ah'll call up the machine using the re-call spell, since I lost the re-call potion we had back in the fight we had with... well... ourselves." he thought for a moment, "...wait. That spell only works if we are calling while at least ten feet away...I really need ta work on that..." he sighs, turning his body to face the Unicornian city gate, then begins to make his way towards it. "C'mon Pressy, 'les go. We got a bit of a trot 'till we can get back."

It took the mare less than a second to close the distance between her and Rusty,"Alrigh' le's go!" she said ecstatically. Pressy was getting a few stares from other pony's as well as some giggles,"Oi! Whatcha gigglin' at?!" she shouted at one giggling stallion nearby with a smirk on her face.

"N-nothing at all." the stallion replied in a nervous tone, the mare going closer until her nose was pressed to his,"Ya sure abou' that, mate? Cause I'll bet ya ten bits I could take ya!"

Rusty would of normally busted out laughing at the whole situation, but he didn't have time to deal with the mares new found hyperness. Just as the other stallion ran in pure fear and terror from the crazed mare, Rusty began to attempt to bring Pressy back to rationality, "Hey Pressy, we gotta git to Protoponyville! We don't got much time left..." as he finished off his sentance, a faint fry of the windogos could be heard above the two, a grave reminder of how much time they really had left.

The golden-tan mare paused slightly and shivered as she heard the sound of the Windigoes' whinnying high in the sky. The mare still seemed to be shivering with energy but she appeared to at least calm down a bit.

"y-yea... le's get outta here... " she sighed and walked over to rusty."Lead the way, rusty..." she said with noticeable restraint in her voice.

Nodded and began trotting out of the town, heading onto the unmarked road that connected the two pony towns together. He sighed, chuckling " Who'd thought tryin ta save my friend would lead us into this crazy adventure... was certainly intrestin'." he looked at te tan mare, who was still noticably hyper, which one could easily see through her trembling.

The mare grinned brightly and nodded,"No kiddin'! I can hardly wait ta meet yer friend too, ya think he'll like me?" she said putting a hoof to her chin. she was still shaking a fair bit from the pent up energy. "oh and We should probably be careful around protoponyville in case they are angry at us..."

Rusty shrugs lightly as he walks, thinking back on his friend's peronality "Ehh... dunno really. Probably will, Scrap was always a real nice stallion." he chuckles, "Was a balance for me, since Ah can be rude at times... heh. Jus' don't let him hit on ya too much, he can get out of hoof in that department..." his face grew more laxed and warm as he felt nostalgic memories fill his mind, growing more excited to save his friend by the second, "And uh... yeah... we should be careful... n stuff."

Pressy gave a nod and smiled at Rusty,"I'll keep that in mind... hopefully he won't get into the innkeeper's territory" she chuckled. The mare still had a lot of excess energy but she could feel herself beginning to settle down.

"Zalmixa's remedy sure does 'ave a lot o' kick to it" she said with laugh,"Maybe you should've gotten a sample?"