An assistant is needed (No slots left)

TheHybrid

Shrugged as they trotted into protoponyville, time flyed when they where talking it seemed, "Yeah, Ah regret not gettin' a sample of that potion... ah well, that zebra back at home probably has somethin' similar." a lot of ponies were stopping and starring at them, the activity in the 'town' seemingly coming to a slow halt. Soon whispers could be heard beig exchanged between the ponies, their expressions growing into that of anger. Rusty looked around using his periphial vision, whispering without moving his mouth "This dont look so good..."

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rusty shook his head, smiling nervously "Nope." looking around the area, he began forming different escape routes incase something went wrong, but his thought process was interupted when he bumped into a rather large stallion, twice as large as that red fellow at sweet apple acres in modern ponyville, "Wot do ya think you two are doin' back 'ere?" he asked in a terrifying low growl. Rusty stammered, "Ah -Ah-Ah... well.. uhm... my neice here forgot her...uhm... art.. stuff." he gulped, laughing nervously as all eyes shifted and locked on Pressy.

The mare blushed a bit and walked over to the large earth pony,"uh... yea... you guys haven't seen a paintbrush anywhere? or maybe some scrolls?" she asked trying her best to be civil and not yell at the ponies to stop staring at her.

"Um... by the way um this place looks a bit different... uh wot happened here?"

The large stallion looked down at the mare, his face cortorting from one of minor annoyance, to seething anger, "WOT 'APPANED? YOU TWO 'APPENED! TRAMPLED MOST OF OUR CROPS, LET LOOSE LIVE STOCK... DESTROYED MY 'OUSE! Give me one good reason why I shouldnt tear both of your heads off your necks right now?" he looked back and forth at the two, his eyes locking onto Rusty when he cleared his throat to speak, "Do you like heights? Ah hate them myself, make me feel all sick and such, ya know?" he asked off-hoofingly while searching through his satchel with his telekinesis spell, floating out a bright pink potion.

The large stallion shook his head, "'Ave you lost your mind? Why would you be askin' me a question like that? Ya got 5 seconds to explain yourself 'fore I rip you apart..." Rusty nodded, throwing the pink potion at the stallion, it seemingly missing and crashing and splashing all of the ground under him. He just got more confused, and angry "WOT ARE YOU DOIN'? TRYIN' TO CAST SOME OF THAT WEIRD UNICORN MAGIC STUFF ON ME? Well it didnt work, ha!" Rusty took a few stops back, Pulling Pressy along with her "Firstly, thats a potion, has nothin' to do with unicorn magic. Secondly, I meant to miss. Thirdly, have a nice ride." at those words, a rumbling could be felt through the ground, which seemingly exploded under the large stallion, causing him to be launched clear out of town. Standing before Rusty and Pressy was his time machine, which had been kept uneerground. The townsfolk were still in shock, "Pressy, wr gotta hurry! Get in!" running on pure adrenaline, Rusty used a powerful telekinetic jolt to throw Pressy into the machine as he quickly ran inside as well, then bolted the doors shut. He slammed a button, which caused a little broken display to flicker on "Sheilds Activated. Level: 50 percent." he sighed, "You alright Pressy?" he asked as he floated out several different potions, including the fuel one.

The unicorn went wide eyed as she was picked up in Rusty's aura and slammed into the machine. Tumbling into the transport she crashed into one of the metal walls of it she rubbed her head and got back to her hooves,"Oi, Rust. I know yer new to the whole magic thing.. but could ya be a bit more careful?! but yea... I'm fine..."

Around the walls of the machine the duo could hear the sound of the hooves of the townsponies pounding on the shields in anger,"uh.... Rust, there anything I can do to speed this up?... I dunno how long the shields are gonna last..."

He brought out a third empty vial, mixing the two potions together in it, one labeled "Magic Enhancer" the other "Quick Intelligence boost". He poured a very small amount of the fuel potion in it, causing the whole mixture to ignite into a bright blue, "Gonna need to drink this if Im planin to fix this machine... Pressy, hold down the door, once the sheild goes off that'll be the way their gonna try to get us." he drank the potion down, and a few moments later his irises turned a bright glowing orange. He opened up a tool box and floated out at least twenty different tools, at ghe same time floating over the 'hidden' parts that his evil twin put in the machine, then began to fluidly repair the machine with astonishing swiftness and ease, muttering some things to himself as he goes. The sheild alarmed beeped, "Sheild levels critical, 30%".

The shields were dropping fast and the mare knew she had to work faster, she moved as fast as she could to the door and tried her hardest to hold. The whirring sound of the machinery and rusty fixing the machines filled the small time machine.

"Shields at 20%" she pressed up against the door, hearing the pounding growing louder.

"10%" said the alarm. Presteza closed her eyes and held tight as the felt the angry hooves of what must have been everypony in town pounding away at the doors.

"Ho-How're those repairs goin' rusty?"

Rusty yelped loudly as he felt a quick burning scorching sensation shoot through his horn, feeling it crack severely, threatning to shatter. He grimaced, continuing his work despite the set back "Almost.... almost.... yes... y-yes..... just... just one more wire here and.... done!" he said in a pained voice, panting heavily as his horn explodes into an orange dust, completely obliterated from overuse of a new horn. Rusty looked at Pressy, his face full of exaustion and distress "Pressy, Ah couldn't fix the fuel tank! You're gonna have to use this here horn cuff to power this machine! And you're gonna have to drink the fuel potion, all of it. This... this will... gaaah..." he sighed, "There is a high chance you'll die from this..." he stated bluntly, looking her straight in the eye, "But... we got no other options..."

Presteza paused a moment but nodded and went forward, nocking her horn into place and taking the fueling potion, then downing it quickly. Soon the mare's bright blue eyes lit up a fierce blue , she spoke without looking at rusty and said,"J-jus' 'old the door! Don' worry I'll be... er... well I'll be somethin'!"she said with that familiar cheesy grin on her face before shetook a deep breath and concentrated as much of her magical power into the machine as she could. Her horn already was already shining as bright as Celestia's sun as she channeled but soon the light in her eyes began to fade as the fueling potion began to wear off... seemed the machine needed more power than they had both thought. Pressy already looked thoroughly exhausted and like she could faint anny second but when she glanced at Rusty and remembered that his friend was waiting for them she felt she had to to keep going. Soon her horn light up brighter than before, flooding the time machine with a torrent of magical energy from the mare's horn and sending every bit of equipment in the machine whirring to life.

"R-rusty... Let's go!" she said as she kept up her channeling. Once rusty put in the coordinates and set the time the mare began to shiver and as the machine began to power up and enter into the timestream, Pressy fell over ... she didn't seem to be moving at all....

Rusty didn't notice Pressy's collapse, he was too busy using the main control panel and keeping things stable. He grinned wide, "Ah! Yes, were about to smash through the time-period! Hang on Pressy! This'll be a bumpy ride!" he looked over to her as he slammed the "Enter time period button", noticing she was down. His eyes widen, "Oh no... no... no no no..." he galloped over to her, as the machines noises began to 'whir-down', the machines lightly begining to flicker as everything turned off, "Reached destinaton" the robotic voice said. Rusty grabbed onto Pressy shoulders, "C'mon girl, you gotta stay alive! Focus on my voice... focus on it... stay here... wake up... don't let go yet. Ya got a lot more to see, because we've only gotten started. But... Ah can't do it without you... Ah refuse to do it without you." he shook her lightly, "You're a strong mare, fight through it!" a tear rolled down his cheek as spoke.

Pressy was still out like a light. her breath was still and unmoving. In her mind she could hear Rusty's voice, calling to her. So much more to see and they'd only gotten started. He was right... how was she supposed to be the greatest artist in Equestria if she just stopped her story right here. Going back to a curmudgeon? that wouldn't do at all... she'd gotten to know Rusty and she felt him being cheerful worked a lot better for him. Soon Rusty would notice her chest rising and falling as she began to breath. Reaching a hoof up she laughed wryly and nigh breathlessly,"N-no' gonna 'appen on my watch..." she laughed a bit and smiled.

"Now... Wot's with all the waterworks?" she asked playfully

((I have a hard time with emotional scenes :P either I dont make them dramatic enough, or I make them too dramatic and use a lot of cliches.)) Rusty hugged the mare tightly, sighing releived "Sweet Celestia Presteza! Ah thought Ah lost ya..." he stayed silent for a few momets, releasing the mare from his hug "Ah promise, I'll never put you through mortal danger again.." he said somewhat sarcastically, chuckling after because how odd that sounded." he rubbed the back of his neck, "Also... Ab probably shoulda told you... uhm... the chances of a Unicorn surviving this were... uhm... 3 million to 1... me and mah friend scrap were gonna take this out..." somthig clicked in his mind, "Oh wait, were supposed to be saving him! C'mon Pressy.. les..." he was interupted when the doors to his machine were opened slowly. Rusty turned around to see who it was, and was surprised to see quite a familiar fellow. Himself, ten years ago, next to him was a staticy and glitchey looking blue stallion, scrap. Young Rusty stood their, shocked, simply blinking "Uhm... howdy." he said in voice that sounded like Rusty's, but much younger and smoother, the effects of age not yet present on it, "Howdy." the older Rusty replied.

Pressy coughed and slowly pulled herself up,"uhh... rusty... I think I'm seein' double... accept one of you looks younger and not too bad lookin'" she said with a chuckle, her head still slightly foggy and her mind exhausted from fueling the machine. Her eyes fell upon Scrap and she tilted her head,"uh... are you "Scrap?"

The old Rusty shook his head, keeping his eyes on the two ponies infront of him "No Prestza, what you are looking at is me from the past, 10 years ago from our present." Despite only being 10 years ago, it seemed Rusty had aged pretty badly over the years, his younger self's coat was practically glowing a bright orange, and his hair was much thicker ad darker. His eyes were full of youthful energy, and his face rounder and healthier looking. The young Rusty frowned, "Sweet Celestia, Ah'm gonna look like THAT in ten years?" the old Rusty nodded, sighing as well.

Scrap, disappeared from existence from a moment, reappearing after a moment. He, or a least it looked like he through the static and distortions surronding him, grinned at Pressy, then spoke, "Why he-lo the-e, s-x-. You- name w-s... Press- righ-? I'm -cra-, n-ce to meet yo-!" his voice sounded extremely distorted and broken, and his whole physical self seemed barely attached to reality. The young rusty punched Scrap on the shoulder, though it seemed to go right through him "Scrap, stop hittin' on her, she dont want a nerdy stallion like you." he seemed completely oblivious to Scrap's odd appearence.

Pressy's mind was slowly getting clearer... althoguh she wouldn't have guessed that at first considering how the stallion's speech was so fragmented and glitchy. "uh nice ta meet ya too!" the mare went over to the older rusty and said,"Rusty... ya gotta take betta care o' yerself in the future... or tell yourself to do that now! seriously you look awesome!" she said with a chuckle before going over to the panel and looking at all the instruments.

"So... uh Rusty number one, Rusty number two has some stuff to tell you!"

The old and young Rusty both raised a brow at the names, however the older one shook his head as he re-focused "Ehrm... Rusty, or uhm... yeah I'll jus' call ya Rusty. Rusty, this is important, our friend here, Scrap, is going to do something very stupid." he looked over at Scrap, who now looked slightly hurt and surprised "And I'll show you guys what." Rusty (old) trotted out of his time-machine, and into his invention shops basement, or at least what it looked like ten years ago. It looked much cleaner and organized, and the machines seemed to be more sleek and modern looking, and even arguably more creative. He cleared his throat, "C'mon, follow me so Ah can show ya what Scrap did..." he began trotting to the other time-machine sitting in the basement, the new Rusty snickering at Scrap, and Scrap giving the young Rusty an angry look, before he followed after old Rusty.

The mare simply followed along with the two, occasionally catching herself staring at Scrap and his constantly fluctuating existence. Hoping his voice would clear up soon she went over and decided she may as well get to know who they were saving,"So uh... Scrap, How long did ya know Rusty?"

Scrap smiled at the question, and the beuatiful mare, it was always nice talking to one. But he decided to put his flirtations aside, well, for now at least "Ru-ty? Well, h-h, I knew him sin-- o-r sch--l days! So... -- years Ah reckon. He is a gr--t sta--ion once ya g-t to kn-- h-m, bu- a real a--h-l- if ya dont!" he chuckled, the distortions in his voice making it sound slightly intimidating, "Wh-- about you, Pressy? How l-ng have you kn--n him?

Scraps' speech was still rather and and rough to understand but from what Presteza could understand she was able to put together a decent response,"oh I met 'im ... two days ago after I volunteered to be his assistant." with a slightly nervous smile she watched carefully at the constantly fluctuating scraps.

Smiled and nodded, suddenly turning solid and normal looking "Ha ha, yeah, Rusty tends to bond fast with ponies if they have the right personality. Two days is kinda fast though, so you must be somthin' special... you look it too!" he said with a wink. Old Rusty, came trotting out of the other time machine, smiling slightly as he saw scrap was now solid "Now Ah just fixed the problem Scrap was gonna cause on himself.. y'all should come on in and see." he said as he beckoned them in, the group of ponies following entering the machine. Rusty (old) pointed to the 'current date portion' "See this? This was set to blank, it didnt have a date on it! Which means, Scrap, if you would of used this machine, which I'm sure you were about to, you would of been sent back at every single possible point in time by whatever amout of time you put in, essentially making it so you didnt exist, but did at every single point in time, woulda put ya in a time limbo." as he explained this, young Rusty face hoofed, "Scrap, see what you coulda gone done? Didnt we talk about how importent it was to put in thay date before? Like, 100 times about?" He rose a brow at Scrap, who was blushing profusly as he was chastized infront of a mare "Yeah but... uhm... well shoot.. uhm... thank ya old Rusty... glad ya saved me and stuff..." he said, still blushing heavily. Old Rusty smiled, "Don't mention it... now uhm... if ya wouldnt mind..." he pushed quickly pushed out the two young stallions and slammed the door, "Have fun!" he set the time to ten years in the future, made sure the current date was right, then set a more exact date, specifically the day and time Rusty and Pressy had left but a few minuites later, then pressed go. Since this time machine was more new, it went off instantly, leaving his younger self and his friend with the old machine. He smiled, "Don't worry, they'll fix it up like new."

Pressy smiled as Rusty took her into the newer machine waving to the younger version of her new friend and his companion. Before the door closed she went over to young rusty and shook his hoof,"I look forward to meeting you again for the first time!" she said before galloping back in and smiling as the time machine whirred to life.

"So... Rusty... I think yer coat looks a bit shinier. also ya think you'll ever use this thing again?"

Smiles, some wrinkles on his face were slightly lighter then before, and his eyes just seemed a tinge more alive "Yeah of course! With this thing, Ah think we'll be able to see some amazin' things... possibly other universes if mah theory on multi-universal travel is right." he stated as the machine made a large thump as they entered what was present day. He smiled at Pressy, "Well... we're here!" he exclaimed proudly, opening the front door to his machine and looking out at his shop, it looked the same as they had left it.

The mare smiled and trotted out and galloped about the spacious basement,"It's so good ta be back!" she paused a moment and looked around,"I kinda thought scrap would be here ta greet us though... maybe e's upstairs?"