An assistant is needed (No slots left)

TheHybrid

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Presteza nodded and smiled wide,"Of course I will! you hired me as an assistant and that what I'm gonna... well assist ya!" she extended her hoof to rusty,"Now... just tell me where start!" Her own voice full of enthusiasm as she waited for her employer to take her hoof. "I'm positive, We'll get your friend back!"

Nods, and smiles wide, a single tear running down his cheek "Right... o-okay!" he grabs her hoof, and shakes it hard. He thinks for moment, "Well... how 'bout you accompany while I investigate the inside of the machine? I was so upset after Scrap... well... dispeared, I didn't even want to touch this machine..." he trotted inside, ((OOC sorry for god modding)), his assistant following him. He looked around inside the machine, "Now, tell me if something looks off... you don't even hafta know why, just tell me." he continues looking around, completely missing what could be a very important clue on the control panel. There are two different mini displays on it; 'Current Date' and 'Years to travel in the past/future'. The 'Current Date' display said 'Current date not selected' while the 'Date selected' display said '100 years: Past' just as they were set when Scrap tried to time travel.

"Oi... what about this?" she pointed her hoof to the panel. The mare looks at the labels and smiles, memorizing it's current state and looked to rusty. She pokes the older stallion's shoulder and spoke up,"this display looks untouched so it's probably exactly how it was when your friend first left." Presteza looks all around the machine for anymore clues that could be of help, still determined to help her new friend.

His ears perked up, "What now?" and looks at the current date display. He sighs, then facehooves "Oh for the love of Celestia, that idiot fergot to set the current date!" he laughed out loud, his voice now sounding bright and full of optimism "Ya see, when the machine tried to travel, it didn't have a date to start at! So, instead of traveling 100 years back from the current date he used it, it sent him 100 years back from every possible date and time!" he seemed excited, thinking about what this meant "So now this creates a real intrestin' paradox! It means he exists at every single point at time, but at the same time he doesn't! To put it simply, it means he's in a 'time limbo'!" he laughs again, hugging them mare "This is real easy to fix! All we gotta do is go back in time to when Scrap was about to use the time machine... and put the date in for the current time! Though... things in that moment of time may be a little... weird. You'll probably see me talkin' to somepony that doesn't even exist." he chuckles, "Should be funny to watch..."

The mare just stood there, alot of these ideas of paradoxes went over her head but she thought she might have gotten some handle of what Rusty meant. Presteza cracked a smile as she witnessed the previously saddened stallion perk up and smiled even brighter as he rambled on, the idea of time limbo was something she thought she had a decent grasp of. Upon hearing him say they were going back in time she practically lit up in anticipation,"So after we get your friend back we can all travel through time together? ooooooh, That is gonna be so awesome!" she almost shouted that last part at the top of her lungs before she stood before rusty and gave him a salute,"Just tell me wot ta do, Boss!"

Grins "You don't gotta do anythin'! Just sit there, and watch!" He slams his hoof on one button, and after a moment passes, the whole machine begins vibrating, and making a whirring sound. The vibrations grow more violent, and the whirring louder, as the gears outside begin turning, which causes them to spew out dust. Then, the vibrations and the whirring died down, and turned into a soft 'purr' as the lights for the buttons and machine itself flicked on, and some sparks flew from the control panel as the main display turned on. He smiles and sets the current date, then goes to set the years to travel at '10: past', then inputs the day and month on another display. He double checks the current date display, then looks at the mare "Ready to go?"

The mare coughed a few times at the clouds of dust and nodded,"Let's hit the roa-- er timestream?... oh,woteva!let's just go!" she said with glee. She trotted over close to rusty, she still didn't know exaclty how this machine worked so she figured the safest place was next to her friend. The mare watched all the lights and gears and sparks lighting up and whirring to life, an incredibly potent maelstrom of emotions building inside of her along with her excitement. Wonder,delight, fear, nervousness and giddiness whirring like a blender in her chest.

Rusty smiles manically and slams a button down, and a few moments later the machines begins whirring loudly and vibrating again, but instead of stopping it grows more and more intense. The machine floats up several feet into the air, and is soon enveloped into a white ball of energy. A message flashes on the display, "Ready for transport!" and at that Rusty smiles wide "Woo dogy! If you can ride this bull by the horns, then ya better get ready for a ride!" and pulls a leaver down. A "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW..." echos out in the now empty shop as the machine disappears, now traveling through time. Rusty grins as they travel through the time stream, "Oh, almost forgot!" he closes the door

to the time machine, "Closed the door... just in case. Besides, ya don't wanta be lookin' directly into the time stream... not sure how seeing all of that would affect a ponies mind..." they travel smoothly for a few moments, until the machine thumps against something hard. The lights flicker, and warning alarms begin to blare as everything seems to be going wrong "Whoa nelly..." he looks around at the displays, trying to find what went wrong. Until... he finally finds it. He reads it out loud, "ERROR: NOT ENOUGH ENERGY TO ENTER CORRUPTED TIME SEGMENT?! Uh oh." he looks at the mare, "Hold on! I'm gonna see if I c'n fix this!" he goes at the control panel, and begins to furiously work at it.

Presteza was already fiercely excited by idea of time travel and when her friend gave his big "YEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAW!" It wasn't in the mare's nature to not join in. "A-YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWW!" she chimed in alongside her friend, dragging the last syllable out for a few until she heard Rusty shut the door and laughed,"Oh righ'!" she blushed a bit at getting so easily caught up in the yell. As the displays changed she looked around,"U-uh ... anything I should be doin'?"

((OOC: Trottingham = English accent, right?)) He shakes his head, "Ah... ah... no... just uhm... " they suddenly crash land, causing him to lurch forward "Whoa!" he catches himself. The lights flicker out, and the machine seems to just power-down. He looks at the energy meter, and frowns "Ah... well... all out of energy!" he grins, "But... I dunno how... but I guess we made it anyway!" he opens the door and trots out. "Well we're here! Finally, now we just gotta fix the date thing on the time machine inside of... my... house...?" he stopped as he looked around some more, quickly realizing they weren't in Dodge junction any more... but in... Ponyville. But things looked a bit different... the ponies, first of all, were wearing peasant like clothing... the houses looked much older... and there was a group of ponies surronding him, his assistant, and the time machine "Ah... ah think we went back a little further then ten years..."

The mare poked her head curiously out and then trotted out of the machine, "uhh... this compartment seems fine and most of the parts are all here... We just seem ta be missin'... the ... display..."she trailed off as a small crowd of angry looking earth ponies surrounded her. She took note of their clothing and looked back to her friend,"Yea... I think We're pretty far ba--" she was cut off as one Stallion shoved a hoof into her face,"What do you think your doing here unicorn... were you gonna kidnap that stallion and make him your servant or something?!" The unicorn was greatly caught of guard by the sudden stream of accusations. Meanwhile Rusty's crowd had a very different reaction, they were indeed curious about his attire but mostly they were asking if he was alright and what The unicorn had done to him.

Rusty looked around all wide eyed, then looked at the stallion yelling at his assistant. He frowned, "Hey, get yur hooves off of her! She did nothin' wrong." he looked at the other ponies, who now had mixed looks of surprise, and confusion. He looks around "Now listen here y'all, this here is my assistant... and she means no harm. She has nothin' against us earth pony folk... and as for our 'attire' and uhm..." e points a hoof to the machine "And this thing... it's uhm..." he nudges his unicorn friend, "Heh, go on now, tell em whats goin' on here!"

The unicorn shot him a look of disbelief and muttered sarcastically,"Oh yea, like their gonna listen to me..." she sighed and decided to give it a try. She slowly stepped forward and took a deep breath,"Alright, 'ere's the deal! My friend and I were trying to travel throu-- er to find another friend of his. He asked for my help in fixin' this thing so it could take us to a far off place so we could find him. But this big magical dome was around his friend's prison and we ...bounced off it and landed here..." She looked back to Rusty nervously as a silence fell upon the crowd.

"She's lying!" one mare yelled out.

"Unicorns and earth ponies can never be friends!"Shouted a stallion.

"Even if she was telling us the real story, She probably would've put that magical whatchamacallit up to make this big thing land in our village anyway!" Presteza looked back and went back beside Rusty and said simply,"Told ya, mate..." she muttered, the crowd looking ready to pounce on her.

Rust smiled nervously at the mare, shrugging. Then he looks back at the crowd, "Oh for the love of..." he sighs, "Y'all need to calm down, and git a hold of yurselves! Who says earth ponies and unicons can't be friends? The fact that I'm defended this mare right here, proves that we can be friends!" he takes a step forwards, his whole body tensing up as he snorts (the kind of snort horses make....) "I swear on my life, if you lay a single hoof on this mare, y'all gonna be in a world of hurt! I ain't usually loyal to anypony... but when it comes to my friends..." he points to his assistant, ((Forgot her name :<)) "I will defend them with my life... so all of y'all need to back off, and git on with yur day!"

OOC:It's in the last post : presteza!xD))

The crowd muttered and chatted among themselves and one stallion retorted,"Unicorns like her are always using those weird arcane magics... they won't let us have the day and night without them unless we give them some of our crops! The pegasi aren't any better either!" Presteza smiled at the speech Rusty made and trotted to his side, "I'd do the same for him!" she said proudly with a slight blush on her face.

The crowds began to disperse and go back to their business, many of the ponies were still glaring at her. She sighed and simply ignored them, strolling over to the eccentric inventor,"Thanks again,Rusty... by the way you can call me Pressy. It's what all my close friends call me!"

Nods, sighing "T'aint nothin'..." he shakes himself out, seemingly releasing some stress. He chuckles lightly, "Pressy huh? Cutest nickname I ever did here..." he looked back at the machine for a moment, then back at her "Now... when you said there was a display missin'... do you mean... it's broken... or do you mean it's just gone?" he smiles nervously, "Cause if it's actually just gone... well... we're in a whole heap-a-trouble... cause it would probably mean I would hafta change some things... like re-wirein some things so we can go... but it'd be fixable! It'd just take a... while."

Well...uh it seems kinda a mix of both somehow,"she said nervously as she went over to ... what remained of the outside display. It seems that a quarter of the console had either been ripped off and and most of the rest of it seemed to have... melted or liquified. Other parts seemed to have just been removed.. possibly by some sticky hooved youngsters seeking to annoy the unicorn they thought owned the large machine. Pressy thought for a few moments and turned to Rusty,"If ya want we could try and get some parts back from anypony who mighta took 'em ...or at least you can. Did ya 'ave any rare or... exotic parts in it?"

Frowns as he looks inside, "Ehh... well..." he looks at the machine for a moment, " Yeah... pretty much everything in here is a rare part... hold on." he opens up a few compartments, then smiles "Eyep, there it is." He pours out a vile of a strange, glowing, pink potion "Were gonna need this to summon this up again when we need 'er..." he taps the mostly destroyed time machines console, sighing "But for now... I gotta make 'er go into emergency hiden." he presses a button, and a few moments later the machine powers back up, if only partially. A recorded voice comes on, it sounds like Rusty.... but younger "Warnin'; Emergency stealth protocols activated." the machine begins to make wurring sounds, and vibrates wildly, sparks flying everywhere from the broken consoles and displays. He casually trots out of the broken time machine, and looks at the mare "Now watch this, it'll be coo" right as he said that, the machine began to burrow itself in the ground, and after it was done it used some sort of levitation spell to cover the whole back up with dirt.

Pressy smiled and clapped her hooves ,"Awesome!" she said as she looked around for anyone watching them, she didn't see anyone so she began to pat down the loose dirt and soil."Can ya give me a list o' the stuff ya need? I think if I head to one of the unicorn cities I could get some of the parts." she noticed a few stallions over by a nearby tree seemingly muttering nearby, it was fairly obvious who they were talking about, subtlety was not their cup of tea.

Trotting back over to rusty she thought for a moment,"So... what time period do ya think we're in exactly? It's obviously before equestria's foundin' but it's not cold yet..."

Smiles nervously, "Eh... ya sure you wanna be by yurself? These ponyfolk here seem a mite more violent then the ones we got back at home..." he thinks for a moment, "And uhm... if ya do go... give a blacksmith this binder.." he takes out a binder from his saddle bag, circling pages that had what he needed to be built on them, and taking out the ones that didn't, "This here binder contains the blueprints for all of the parts needed to build this time machine! I took the liberty to take out the ones that we already have, or ones that are too complex for this time period... I'll build those myself..." he notices the stallions by the tree, then frowns "Maybe... maybe Ah should go with you..."