An assistant is needed (No slots left)

TheHybrid

Smiles, happy to see his friend feeling slightly better, "Sorry about that... don't know what... erm... never mind. ANYWAY, let's pick up the pace! It's gettin' kind of.. dark and chilly, in'it?" he chuckles nervously, knowing what this could mean.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mare nodded, her own heated cheeks were keeping her from noticing the slightly nippy air. Realzing as well what this could mean she picked up the pace and went into a gallop, assumingly along with rusty. She was fairly quiet on the way there and once they finally arrived she spoke up,"Looks like this is the place..." she said as she looked over the entrance and glanced at some of the inhabitants. Most of them were posh looking stallions and mares going about their business.

Rusty gritted his teeth, 'Who do they think they are?' he thought, 'Just sittin' here livin' it big, while those poor earth-pony folk are barely surviving! This... this is... wrong. Just.. wrong.' he took a deep breath, attempting to release some building up tensions. He had to act normal, like nothing was wrong "Ah have an Idea..." he cleared his throat,took off his top hat, and fixed his hair up, "I say, this is quite a nice day we're

having, is it not?" he smiled calmly at the mare, winking at her. He was doing a near perfect impression of a posh sounding pony.

Pressy giggled and nodded,"That is so perfect!" she said with a much more relaxed smile upon her face. Rusty was starting to remind her of some of her family back home when he spoke like that ,"Sweet Luna! ya sound like my uncle when ya talk like that!" she said with chuckle before she nodded.

Eventually stopping her giggling spree she turned back to rusty,"So whats the plan for your lack of a horn though?" she said playfully poking a hoof to the inventor's forehead.

He grinned, then made a dramatic face "Well, don't you remember my dear? One of those... monsterous.... barbaric earth ponies shattered it while I was defending the Unicorns' proud name!" he put a hoof to his forehead, "Oh!"

Pressy snickered and nodded,"Ah that's right, so silly of me to forget."She said taking a high class sounding voice that sounded somewhat odd but not entirely unnatural.

Clearing her throat she approached the gate and looked back to her friend,"Would you like me to go in first?" The mare paused for a moment as she saw two unicorns approaching them,"Looks like this is your big test!" she whispered to rusty.

The two unicorn stallions trotted up to Rusty, looking him up and down. They scoffed looking at each other, "What, pray tell, is this THING doing here?" one asked the other, with a disgusted look on his face. The second laughed haughtily, replying "I don't know... maybe he is lost! Poor thing..." both of them then began laughing. Rusty faked an enraged look, "How dare you two mistake me as one of those... ruffians! I am simply a unicorn, without a horn! Lost I'm afraid, in a scuffle with those... horrible... monstrous.... (and quite odorous, if I might add) earth ponies!" he raises his nose up, "Unbelievable!" he looked at his niece, "Can you simply believe these two? The nerve!" The two Unicorns clamoured, stammering on their words "Oh my, our deepest a-apologies! We had no clu-" he cut them off, "No. It is too late now... I wonder what Unicornia will think of you two? The Unicorns who taunted a poor, traumatized, soul, after he had been brutalized?"

Their eyes widened, realizing how badly they messed up. They pleaded with the older stallion, "Please! No!" they smiled nervously, "What... what do you want? We will give you anything!" he two began looking through their satchel bags. He grins, "Oh I don't know... what do you think, Pressy my dear?" he smiled confidently at her, mouthing "Directions. Blacksmith." he could of asked himself, but he thought two unicorns being against them instead of one would be more realistic, and more terrifying.

Pressy gave a subtle nod and a slight smirk before taking a deep breath and speaking aloud,"Well... first thing we want are directions to the blacksmith!" she said in a rather proud,loud and nearly boastful tone. There was a slight pause before one of the unicorns picked their head up off the ground,"Um is that it?" she asked.

"OF COURSE NOT YOU FOALS!" she yelled at them before clearing her throat,"We also request you pay for any er... emotional damages. My uncle was quite hurt... I think Five gold bits should work quite nicely don't you think?" she said stepping forward with somewhat smug smirk.

"Yes, yes! of course here you go!"the said hoofing a bag of bits in her direction, the mare placed it in her saddlebag.

"Now... BEGONE!" she said to the unicorns the snobbish couple slinking away.

The mare chuckled and nodded,"That was pretty fun." she said in a mischievous tone. The duo followed the directions those snobbish unicorns gave them and it seemed they had been right. Before the two was a large looking shop, the rhythmic clanging of the smith's hammer on hot steel echoing through the metalworks, "Hello, is anypony here?" asked the mare.

Almost immediately a tall , burly looking stallion with a wild red mane and beard came forward, his visage very stoic as his presence practically loomed over them,"Can I help you two?"

Cleared his throat, and was about to speak in his posh accent, when he realized the blacksmith could probably care less. He pulled the binder out of his saddle bag, then took out the blue-prints of the metal pieces he needed making, then gave him the rather intimidating stallion them "Make these for me and... Ah promise ya... there will be good pay". The black-smith unicorn looked over the blue-prints, raising a brow "Some strange stuff you want smithed... but I think I can do it." He turned around, and closed the door, well... it was closer to slamming it. Rusty tensed a bit at the slamming, but then quickly recovered "Alright..." he looked around the place, noticing how beautiful the architecture was, and just the setting in general. He looked at Pressy, smiling tiredly "Ah'm gettin' old alright... heh. Wanna break for a bit? Maybe look around, while we're still here? It's quite a sight..."

Presteza thought for a moment,"Well... this place is pretty nice and I'm not sure their are a lot of records o' Ancient unicorn architecture in it's prime." A grin began to spread over the mare's face. This could be a once in a lifetime opportunity, scratch that, this was a never in a lifetime opportunity! A chance to paint a fully pristine ancient unicorn city was in her reach, how on equestria could she pass this up?

"Tha' sounds like an awesome plan! Let's find the best view this city has to offer!" She said in an excessively eager tone.

Looks around for a bit, "Well... alright you do that, and Ah guess Ah'll follow ya.... ya know whats weird?" Rusty began trotting, signaling the mare to follow "How these ponyfolk don't even realize that if they all work t'gether, they'd be a hecka lot more efficient.They got no real reason ta be separated anyway..." he scratches his head, "Jus' makes no sense at all..." he thought about something else that was weird, "Ya know... what else is a bit strange? How... close we've gotten! And so quick too, usually it takes a week or so for anypony to become friends with me. I dunno how, but you've broken through to me.... well... the real me faster then anypony ever!"

"Maybe We're wot they call... Kin'red spirits?" she said with smile as they trotted though the city," and Isn't that the truth... but they'll learn soon enough won' they?" she said as she looked over the area and shivered a bit as she felt the cold air on her coat.

He thought about what she said. It did seem to be true, how else could've they've gotten to being best-friends in under 24 hours? He reflected a moment longer on the idea, then answered simply "Yeah... that sounds 'bout right". Soon he found himself thinking about something else that wasn't too different from his last thought, the fact that even though he was friends with this mare, he knew absolutely next to nothing about her. All he knew was that she was from Trottingham, and was a unicorn that has a hard time levitating things. A stranger as a friend, he thought to himself. He looked at her with a raised eyebrow, "So... tell me about yourself, since Ah hardly know anything about you.... but if it's too personal like... then you don't gotta."

"Nah, nah... It's only fair Rusty. But you gotta tell me about yourself in return, okay?" she asked, once rusty replied she took a breath and spoke her tale.

"Ya see I already told ya I was born in Trottingham but what I didn't tell ya is I'm the daughter of one of the richest families there. My family was really good with magic, same way that apple family in appleoosa and ponyville are good with apples, but well... I was a bit of a flop when it came to that. I'd try and lift somethin' and wind up either breakin' it or not movin' it at all." The mare was considerably less sad about her memories now. perhaps the incredible sight of this city was just too uplifting for her to let her emotions get the best her but she still had the smallest hint of sadness in her tone.

"I mean I'll even have a magic misfire if I sneeze. Wot kinda unicorn does that with -Every- sneeze?"

Rusty though about it for a moment, "Well... Ah'm no unicorn... but maybe your magic is used differently then others. Like... like the normal ways they teach ya how to use it don't apply to you. Basically what Ah'm sayin' is, that you have the potential to have all the spells other unicorns do, but you just gotta learn how to do them yur own way..." he sighed, "And well... onto my past." he cleared his throat, then pulls up thoughts of what he is going to say "Was... nothin' special in my childhood. I was one of those strange fella's, that say in the back of the class by himself, drawin' in his little sketch book..." he paused for a moment, "DIdn't have much friends, heck I still don't..." he chuckles a bit, "Heck, I never even had a special somepony before, not once. I minded about my lack of friends and social life a lot as a kid, but... as a full grown stallion... it doesn't bother me as much anymore." he looked onwards, a calm smile on his face "Ah've just accepted that this is who Ah am, and I should be happy with it, which Ah am.'

"Tha' could be the case. I mean I do know a few spells but i can only use 'em with my paintbrush." she said taking a paintbrush from her bag and her horn began to light up. With a few fast movements of her body and quick swishes of the brush now being held aloft by her magic, a copy of the mare now stood beside her. The mare strolled over and poked the side of the illusion which just dissipated in a puff of magical sparkles.

"Tha's been a helpful one in tight spots." listening to her friend's story of his foalhood to the special sompony chapter,"I never really got meet my special somepony either, but if I did ever meet them they'd have to travel with me... I 'ave had a few crushes on stallion's i met on the road though." she chuckled lightly and listened to the inventor once more.

Nods, "For ponies like me... we kind of hafta sacrifice one part of our lives for another. We can't really have much of a social life... because we know that in the end, it'd just hinder our work. Maybe if yur a genius or somthin', where ya dont gotta work for your intelligence, you could have the best of both worlds. But Ah'm not a genius, I'm just as smart as one cause I spent most of my life studying and working with machines, and not socializing. I look at it like I sacrifice my livlihood, to hopfully improve the lives of others, which to me is worth it."

He paused for a moment, "But Pressy, you don't gotta be like that. You have an opportunity to get in a relationship, so go after it! If ya gotta.. 'Crush' on someone, go for it? You're real pretty to look at, smart, and you gotta amazin' personality to boot! The way I look at it, a stallion would be lucky to get a mare like you." He nudges her, smiling warmly.

Presteza smiles at Rusty, "yer not a genuis? ya coulda foaled me!" she said patting the stallion on his back.

Eventually the pair reached a rather high overlook, the eager mare galloping over and putting her forelegs and hooves over the railing. The Unicorns may have been a vain and overly posh tribe in this time but they sure knew how to make building and landscape look good and regal.

As she heard rusty speak about relationships she blushed a bit and laughed,"Well... if I did find a special somepony he'd have ta be wiling and free ta travel with me. If 'e's got ponies who need 'im where he is I'm not lettin' 'im tag along!"

Scratches his head, "Ah dont know any pony like that, but like Ah said before, Ah hardly know anypony at all! So you're on yur own for that." he put his hoof into his bag, when he realized it bit something "Oh hey, another magic-to-go unicorn horn!" He pulled it out, and strapped it on his head. However, unlike the other horn, the words "Magic-to-go horn" wasnt written on the head strap. Instead, it said horn "Unicorn horn replacment prototype". It fused to his head like the other one, but unlike the other one that only appeared to be fused using an illusion spell, this one actually FUSED to his head, since it was meant to replace broken horns of unicorns. He didnt seem to notice that he accidentally used the wrong horn, "there, now ah should fit in... Pressy, why're you lookin at me like that?"

The mare stared at the Stallion then shook her head as if dislodge some cobwebs. She bucked the saddlebags off of her back and nosed through them eventually pulling out a mirror which she held in her teeth.

Staring back at the stallion was himself but the horn on his head looked a bit suspiciously well placed and relaistic, pressy lowered the mirror to the ground,"Um... I think ya mighta used the wrong horn.... but on the bright side you will definitely be able to fit in now... "

Tapped his horn, and was quite alarmed that he felt it. His eyes widen, "Oh sweet celestia... Ah'm... Ah'm actually a unicorn now..." he frowned, "Was afraid my theory was true.. that all ponies have magic in em', but only unicorns can use it directly because they have a horn! Guess Ah will have to figure out how to make it only work for unicorns when We get back home... and figure out how to become an earth pony again... but again, les just forget about this, and focus on the now. It's a beatiful view..."

"Sure is... I can't to paint it once we're out of here." she said almost dreamily before arching a brow and staring as she thought she saw a strange looking blue box disappear at the town square. Pressy blinked a few times and rubbed her hooves to her eyes,"uh did you-- er nevermind" she said with a laugh before she looked to rusty,"So... can you use any magic with it?"

Notices the blue box and grins, thinking to himself, "That crazy ol' time lord..." He looks out from the balcony... darn those pre-hearths unicorns... they were snobs... But they knew their stuff... his ears perked up when he heard Pressy ask him a question, and he turned to face her "In theory... yeah, Ah mean this horn would'a only attached to me if Ah had magic in me, which Ah theorized earth-ponies and pegasai did because it would explain some strange things each race is able to do. In short, yeah I could probably do some magic... and I had to study magic to make these horns, and the magic-to-go ones. The reason Ah had a hard time with the telekinesis spell with the other horn, was because the horn is still in very early devolpment. This one is jus' called a prototype because it's the first model, and I guess I still got some work ta do with it since Im wearin' it... Anyway, since I studied magic, I think I could do a few spells... les try."

He closed his eyes, and focused on his satchel. After a few moments, some orange sparks flew out of it, until it caught a full orange glow, "Whoa, a bit different from the magic-2-go... But much easier!" he opened his saddle bag using his new found magic, and glinded out two candy bars. He gave one to her, "A nice view needs chocolate!" He took his chocolate bar, and grabbed it with his hoof, then rubbed his head "Ow... gotta headache now... eh, whatever." He took a bite out of his bar.