An assistant is needed (No slots left)

TheHybrid

Smiled somberly, trotting over to Pressy with a slight limp "There... it's done..." the orangish stallion said, looking over the two statues of themselves, "You were great there! Trickin' her like that, and all... and... changing her into stone and all..." he said with increasingly longer pauses in his words, as a pang of guilt struck him. He shook it off, justifying his actions by reminding himself what this horrible pony had done, "But now that that's all done with, wanna go get that fuel now?"

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mare looked at rusty a moment, inspecting his legs,"Are ya okay,Rusty?" she said curiously. "oh yea sure!... but we gotta find that brush first... I can't leave without it..." she said sadly.

Rusty nodded, kicking out his hurt leg slightly "Yeah I'm fine, jus' buckin' doesn't do my body any favors in my age..." he chuckles, wincing lightly as he felt a cracking down in one of his legs while he was kicking it out, "There we go! Good as new..." he stretched the leg out for a moment, then put in back down, then heres what she says about her paintbrush, "Well what are we waitin' for, les find it!" he stands next to Pressy, nudging her lightly, ready to go when she goes.

Presteza nodded and went over to the bush she'd seen her darker self toss it into. The mare parted some of the bushes with her hooves and looked around,"so... ya said your idol gave ya yer hat right?" she asked as she searched through.

Followed the mare as she trotted over to the bush, searching for her brush with her, only pausing breifly at her question. He thought about it for a moment, "Eyep, my idol gave me this here hat. Brought a gizmo into class, explained his life story to us, 'bout how he was one of the few earth pony inventors and such, probably hopin' to inspire some young minds to become inventors themselves. 'Course at that age my mind was already set on becomin' an inventor, and Ah was just sittin' there gawkin' at him with wide eyes, amazed he was really there in the flesh!" he chuckles, "So then he went on to his gizmo, explaining to us how it worked and what it did... everypony thought it was borin'... cept me of course, Ah found it facsinatin'! ANyway, so then goes to turn it on.. and it didn' work... and Ah didn't even ask to go up, Ah just zipped up there and looked it over for a few moments, till Ah noticed their was a tiny little rusty screw loose on it. I screwed it in, and when he turned it on, it worked! Ah got my cutie mark, and my idol gave me mah hat!" he looked over for a moment, "What about you, Pressy? Where'd your mark, brush, and yur scarf come from?"

"I learned how ta make my hat from my idol... although I val-- A-ha!" The mare triumphantly picked the paintbrush up in her teeth and smiled, looking like she was ready to cry tears of happiness before she put the artistic implement back in her saddlebag.

"Er anyway My idol tried teachin' me how to make a hat like hers and I wound up making this cone shaped hat instead... one day I'm gonna make a real Sunhat like 'ers! oh and my mark and the brush came from her too... I painted ma first piece with this brush!" she said excitedly at the memory,"Me and my friend Atelier went to the park where she said she was gonna make somethin' amazin'. Since I was always ready ta see new artworks I decided to tag along. When she got there though she said that she wanted me to try my hoof at painting, I was really nervous but eventually she convinced me. I first tried paintin' with the brush in my teeth but that didn' go well and neither did trying to keep the brush 'tween my hooves either... so she said I should try my magic and it worked!" the mare smiled proudly as she recalled the smiles and happy looks of the ponies who saw her work,"and then I got ma mark."

the mare thought for a moment,"How about I tell ya the rest while we walk outta hear?"

He began walking, but shook his head while sighing lightly "Maybe another time Pressy, I'm all pooped out from that fight. But..." he looked at her scarf, tilting his head, "Actually, why don't ya tell me more about that there scarf? Seems like it has an intrestin' story behind it, the way you're attached to it." He asked with a tired curiosity and smile, the bags under his eyes seemed even deeper then before.

The mare smiled a bit as they walked,"Well... ya see it belonged ta my big brother, Silverheart. Ya see I didn' always travel alone. I used ta travel with ma big brother since I've been traveling since I was a filly. 'E used ta try and help me learn ta cast magic but once 'e learned I wasn't destined ta learn magic the normal way and go to the school fer gifted unicorns 'e was a bit bitter. My parents told 'im ta travel with me and teach me 'ow ta defend myself. 'E was gonna be part of the Royal guard before all this stuff came up so 'e was a bit annoyed with me, we'd travel fast between towns once i decided what i wanted to paint." She chuckled a bit at the memory.

"But on one trip ta the Northern mountains I got angry with 'im and ran off in the middle of a snowstorm ta find the best place ta see an' paint the peaks... and well I got lost..." she said shivering as she remembered how cold it was that night.

Rusty nods as she goes on, listening intently to her rather intresting story, "Ya got lost in the middle of a snow storm... sweet Celestia ya sure were stupid when you were young... no offense, of course!" he says quickly, realizing his tiredness may be getting to him, "But now yur real smart! And creative!" he adds, making sure he cusioned the accidental insult as much as possible. He saw this mare mad, and quite frankly, he wasn't sure if he would have enough energy to endure the wrath of the mare at the moment.

"Oi! I'm sure you did plenty o' stupid stuff as a colt!... but yea it was pretty bloody dumb." she chuckled.

"But yea... I got lost in the snowstorm and almost froze ta death in it until I found a cave to rest in. Me and Silverheart got in a fight and I was sure 'e was just gonna leave me out there..."the mare hung her head slightly as she remembered how horrible it was to think such a thing,"I was freezin' my plot off even in that cave and I was scared that the cave might've belong to some bear who wouldn' o' been fond o' seein' me in there... but then Silverheart came and found the cave and kept me safe throughout the storm... when I starting to catch a cold 'e gave me this scarf ta keep me warm." she smiled warmly at the memory, looking back as a filly she was too stubborn to just accept the scarf and it took a lot of insistence to get her to wear it.

"Eventually I grew old enough to travel on my own... and I could even fight as well as any earth pony could and had the strength ta back it up so 'e went back home... but gave me this scarf as a gift,"

Stays silent for a few moments, still processing what she had said "Pressy... yur one lucky mare, you know that? Ta have a brother lookin' after you like that... without him... you may of... you know." he chuckled grimly, "Sure glad you didn't though, cause without you, Ah'd probably still be in my shop, tinkering away at mah inventions, not goin' outside, not socializin'... etc." he looks around, smiling "But you got me to open up a bit, made me feel emotions I hadn't felt in years... just think about that for a second. Think about how important you are to others around you... how you impact them, and how they impact you." he nudges her, "Ya have the potential to change ponies lives, Pressy, be proud of that. It's a gift only lucky ponies get." he pauses for a moment, still trotting with her "Wow. Hadn't said anything like that for... huh... ten years, since my friend. Feels good to soften up sometimes..." he said mostly to himself, but somewhat to Pressy as well. ((you can RP them tripping over the plant they need, and then discovering a whole little mini-field of them))

The golden-tan unicorn blushed a bit and smiled,"Aw... C'mon Rusty yer makin' me blu-- Waah!" the mare promptly tripped over a large plant tumbling into a small field of the things. pressy coughed and poked her head out of the tall plants and almost shouted,"Oh fer pete's sake! 'ow many times am I gonna trip taday?!" she shouted at the heavens before she pulled herself up and looked all around. She coughed a bit as she realized that she stood in a field of the flowers they needed.

"huh..."

Look around at his hooves, which were now surrounded by glowing blue plants. Oddly enough, they had escaped his attention before "Hm... well... here we are... Ah guess. Start pickin', make sure you start right at the stem of the plant... oh uhm... lemme help you up first..." he offered a hoof to the downed mare, smiling sheepishly.

Nods, helping the mare up while frowning "Probably, I mean it wouldnt be too hard for em to do... but they did put all the parts we ordered from the blacksmith into the time machine, which would make repairs faster... dont know why they did that, stupid as bricks Ah tell ha." he chuckled lightly while pulling up a few plants, throwing them in a slowly growing pile on the side, "But everything else should be much harder now... So I guess they werent too dumb."

The mare laughed,"Ya think those earth pony stallions might still help us out?" she said with a playful lap as she watched the pile of plants besides rusty grow. The golden mare shivered again as she felt the cold air get to her. "Stupid windigoes..." she muttered before sniffling and giving her nose a wiggle hoping she doesn't catch a cold from this weather...

Rusty pulled more plants up and out of their roots mechanically, the action seemingly becoming automatic "Nope, probably not. Guessin' they made sure it will be hay for us when we try to leave..." he picked three more plants, however threw them in a seperte pile, which after he took the other pile of blue plants and put them in his satchel, "Right, here we go..." he took the three seperete plants and bit into the flower of each, sucking out the magical glowing juices, absorbing their power. His horn glowed intensily bright, a humming sound growing louder and louder "Hold on pressy, we're goin' back to Unicornia, we need to mix up these here plant juices to make proper fuel... course teleportation takes lots of magic, specially for a pony like me who is technically an earth pony, which is why I had to drink some plant juice...which may still not be enough! Heh heh, hope this doesnt kill me!" He says with an excited laugh, grabing a hoof of the mare: They both disappered in an intense flash of orange light, and reappeared with the same flash in unicornia, except not really connected to the ground. They were 3 feet above the ground, which after a few moments, Rusty almost cartoonishly slammed into. He groaned, seemingy drained from the spell but otherwise okay "*pant*Well... *cough* we're here..."

Pressy had been caught off guard after suddenly being grabbed by her friend. soon being engulfed by her friend's spell she fell to the ground just as cartoonishly as the earth pony turned unicorn,"... yea good job Ru-- er uncle" Said the mare playfully before poking Rusty's hat. The golden tan mare pulled herself up and coughed a few times,"please... I really don't need a cold right now." she thought to herself before she noticed a few unicorns coming over to the duo.

"You and your daughter okay? she looks a bit under the weather" said one stallion before pressy chimed back,"Oh no I'm fine..." she said before going into another series of coughs and sighing,"just somethin' in my throat I think..."

Rusty pulled himself up, feels a bit of his energy coming back to him after resting for a few moments. He heard a stallion ask him a question, asking him if his 'daughter' was alright. Before he could reply to it, however, Pressy answered him, sending the curious crowd off. Rusty look at his 'neice' specutivly, "You sure yur good? You dont look so good..." he mentally kicked himself, how could he be so ignorant before? He should of noticed she was looking sick earlier.

THe mare gave a sniffle and wrinkled her muzzle with a sigh of annoyance,"I think... I'm fightin' off a cold...what rotten timin' ,'eh?" she said with a chuckle and a rub of he rnow slightly pink nose and muzzle. She pulled her scarf up onto her tighter trying to keep herself warm.

"W-we can't waste any time though rust... what's ne---" her voice trailed off a moment as her nose wrinkled before she coughed and continued,"next on the list?" she said with a cheesy grin.

Eyes widened a bit at the cough, catching him slightly off gaurd "Well firstly, we gotta concentrate all these here plant juices into one super powerful fuel potion! Mostly 'cause it'll be a hay'a lot easier then maken 20 different vials of this stuff..." he chuckled, "Secondly, we needta take care of that cold of yurs, wont do ya any good in this weather... c'mon, we'll go find an alchemy shop. That'll knock down two trees with one buck! So 'les go!" he grinned at her and began trotting down the Unicornian road, looking at the passing shops.

The mare's cold seemed to be slowly getting worse, her coughing growing more frequent and a bit more hoarse. With a sigh and slight blush of embarrassment that added to her flushed face she looked almost beet red.

She looked to rusty and said in between coughs,"A-are ya sure we even 'ave time fer this, Ru-- er Uncle? I mean we are... kinda on the clock." She sniffles weakly and while they wandered down the road of shops she wrinkled her nose and got that dazed expression, her jaw falling open before she let out a rather loud and forceful sneeze. With that her horn glowed brightly and she seemingly blasted off from her position several yards away, another accidental casting having befallen her. The mare gave a sigh and a look of extreme irritation as she approached Rusty,"Let's jus' get this over with..." she said with a sniffle and rub of her muzzle.

Smiles confidently, picking up the pace of his trot " 'course we got time for this! This is actually the quicker way... the other way would mean carryin' twenty heavy vials of magic fuel all the way back to Proto-Ponyville! Plus we would have ta buy twenty vials of glass too... which would be real expensive and..." he was abruptly cut off with one of the mares infamous sneezes, which caused him to grin after a few moments, "'Sides... we don't need'ya bustin' a hole through my time machine, now do we?" he asked as he began to slow down, noticing an alcemy shop to the right of him "Well, here we are! Look at this place... a potion brewer shop if Ah ever saw one mah self!" he said chipperly as he began to trot towards the ominous looking shop. It wasn't that it had the signature 'creepy' factor to it, with rotting wood or dark paint or anything, but it just seemed.... out of place.

Pressy gave a chuckle at rusty's joke, she was a strong unicorn but since the spell she just used only shoots you forward at an incredible speed but she doubted she would actually be able to break a hole through the machine,"More likely I'd get squished against the metal."

She took a look at the shop and tilted her head inquisitively at the establishment,"Well... the pony in charge clearly has some.. weird choices when it comes to home decoration, eh?" she said playfully at the Old inventor.

Rusty waved a hoof, dismissing the statement "Psssh, whad'ja expect? Alchemists are always a little weird... 'course in a good way." he trotted intothe shop slowly, not really bothering to knock or anything. The shop was rather dark inside, only weak candle light spread unevenly around the place giving it at least some lighting. The walls were covered with shelves, and on these shelves were filled to the edge with potions, books, ingredients... anything a potion maker could dream for. He cleared his throat, then yelled "Hello? Where is the owner of this fine establishment! I wish to purchase some of your wares..." he said using his posh accent once more.

A strange looking equine creature came slowly from the back room of the shop, and at first his/her's appearence gave Rusty a start. It was a zebra... with a Unicorn horn.. which normally would be impossible, since Zebra don't have any unicorn like sub-species like ponies do. The only way this could have happened if he/she had one parent who was a Unicorn, and another parent who was a zebra. The 'Zebracorn' spoke, with no accent detectable in his/her speech "Ah, hello you two! Welcome to my Alchemy shop! What can I help you with?" despite hearing his/her voice, it's gender was still hard to distinguish.