The Empty Foal Infection (Open)

Monochrome

((Okay... I'm really into Doctor Who, and I decided to take my scientist pony and start this rp. Let's have some fun with this!)) It's a dim, overcast day, but otherwise generally normal. Everypony is going about their business as usual. However, if one were to take a closer look, they would begin to notice something odd about some ponies today. Many appeared to be sick, and many others were wearing gas masks. All of these odd ponies, upon very close inspection, each had the exact same scar on their left front hoof. Suddenly, you are tackled from the side and herded into a nearby alley. Once you turn to see who dragged you here, you see that it is an anxious-looking yellow pegasus stallion with a short silver mane and tail, mechanical wings, and a mechanical right hind leg, and wearing a tattered lab coat that covered his cutie mark and cracked goggles that obscured his eyes. "Don't touch anypony." he warned, an undertone of panic in his hushed voice. You glance back at the usual marketplace crowd again, but more ponies seem to have gas masks this time. Even stranger, you hear multiple cries of "Are you my mummy? Mummy?", even from full-grown mares and stallions. You turn back to the stallion, who is staring at the eerie ponies as well.

• Like 1

"That's the problem. I'm not quite sure. Physical injuries spreading as plague, as well as a single-mindedness, and if you touch them, you get it too!" the stallion explained unsettledly, looking over his shoulder every few seconds to make sure none of them were drawing near to him. "I'm Mechanical Madness. Scientist." he added. "Look at them all. Those aren't masks, you know. It may look like a mask, but it's fused to their faces. What is all this? 'Mummy, mummy, are you my mummy?' What could've brought this on?" he muttered absently, partially to the pony he was warning and partially to himself.

((Oh god yes.)) Rusty Contraption, a light brownish orange earth pony stallion, was walking through Trottingham when, he noticed that the ponies here were acting slightly more peculiar then usual, "What... what the hay?... Why're... all these ponies wearin'... gas masks?" he asks no one in particular, other then himself. One of them nearly bumped into him, but instead tripped on a rock. The pony, looked up at the now even more confused Rusty from the ground, subsequently asking, "Are you my Mummy?" in a deadpan, monotone voice. Rusty, found this odd and slightly disturbing, for multiple reasons:

1. Rusty is very obviously a male.

2. Rusty is very obviously not female.

3. The pony asking was an elderly stallion.

Rusty frowned, then simply trotted away "Ah don't have time for this... Ah really don't. Ah gotta an auto-buggy to work on, and the last thing Ah need today is a bunch of crazy ponies wearin' gas masks!" he continued to trot, carefully avoiding the strange ponies as he went for the towns local scrap heap, which was bound to have quality parts for his latest project.

Mechanical Madness suddenly pricked his ears up and turned around. "Another unaffected one! Stay here." he exclaimed, looking back at Stormchaser once before dashing off and returning with a very confused stallion. "Tell me, did you let any of them touch you?!" Mechanical Madness demanded anxiously of the rusty-colored stallion.

Rusty looked at the pony that had essentially just abducted him, raising a brow "Ah... Ah don't think so... but one almost touched me, but he tripped and... wait." he furrowed his brow, "Wait wait wait... who the hay are you? Why'ja just grab me off the street like that?! AND WHAT HAPPENED TO MY HAT?!" he looked around frantically searching for his old tattered top hat, and upon not being able to find it, he vents his frustration upon the stallion that had taken him away "WHAT IN THE HAY IS GOING ON? First Ah come here jus' tryin' to get some parts for my latest project... then Ah see... THIS!" he points to the Gasmask ponies, "Then an elderly stallion asks if I was his ma, and now this Trottingham guy just takes me to an alley! Ya got some splainin' to do, or may Celestia help you..."

"The thing is.... Eh heh.... I don't know what's going on! Physical injuries, contagious, like a plague? Masks fused to their poor faces? A single-mindedness to find their mother? All of this in one epidemic... THAT." Mechanical Madness said urgently, pointing to the throng of gas-masked ponies. "Look at that one on the edge. You'll see." he added. At the edge of the crowd, sure enough, was what appeared to be a regular pony, albeit a bit sick-looking. He just stood there, coughing and gagging... Suddenly, the poor stallion let out a hoarse whimper of "Mummy...?", and a grotesque transformation overtook him. Something forced its way out of his mouth, forming the muzzle of the gas mask. His eyes grew into the blank, dark stare of the glass lenses of the gas mask. Finally, the skin of his face morphed accordingly, and he looked like the others now. "That's what happens if they touch you." Mechanical Madness remarked.

((Possibly. I'm not too good with canon stuff, but I might give Doctor Whooves a shot... Then again, Mechanical Madness could play the Doctor's role here.))

"Indeed. Absolutely fascinating. I normally would have captured one of these for examination at my lab by now, but if I touch them.... Well, I end up one of them." Mechanical Madness remarked detachedly. "Oh my, I hope Physical Dementia hasn't been infected!" he added, seeming to have come upon a horrible realization. "But how to get to my lab to protect them...? These things are everywhere."

Rusty blinked a few times, feeling his dandelion sandwich he had for lunch coming up to give it's opinion on the situation, though he sileneced it, "That's... that's... horrifyian!" he closed his eyes tight for a few moments, and took a few deep breaths. He had to calm himself if he wanted to be anyhelp, panicking and screaming wouldn't get him anywhere, he thought. He opened his eyes, a more equal tone set on his face now, "Maybe we... could lead one back?" he asked as he followed the other two.

((No, you don't have to shorten your posts... I was just running out of ideas for what he could do for the moment. XD I'll have longer posts now.)) Mechanical Madness nodded, seeming to be deep in thought. "Would be better if we actually had a mare with us, though." he remarked ponderingly. "But it just might work..." He sighed, preparing himself for a very awkward moment as he stepped towards the crowd and singled out a little colt. "Are you my mummy?" he repeated himself as all the others did. "Yes." Mechanical Madness said bluntly, casting a momentary glare back at the other two ponies to silence their barely stifled chuckles. The little colt did not respond, just tilted his head to the side a bit and repeated himself. "Are you my mummy?" "Yes, YES! Now come along, er, home with me." Mechanical Madness huffed. The colt, once again, had no response. He stepped forward more, causing Mechanical Madness to scramble backwards a bit to keep from touching the infected foal. "He doesn't understand!" Mechanical Madness called to the others in frustration.

Furrowed his brow, "Well shoot..." he put a hoof to his chin, then yelled back "Might as well come back here, don't wanta get yurself infected!" he thought for a moment, "Maybe.. lure him with sum candy?" he yelled back, in an unsure tone.