The Empty Foal Infection (Open)

Monochrome

((I've been with the group the whole time btw (To any new people in this thread) Rusty wobbled a bit, his vision beginning to blur. He coughed lightly, "Ah... Ah don't feel so good..." he winced as he felt a nick on his left hoof, he looked down at it and was surprised to see it was a scar. He lyes down, "Ah... Ah I think I need to rest.."

Mech looked back at Rusty, his expression growing horrified as he looked at his left front hoof. "Everyone back away! He's been infected!" Mech cried out urgently. He peered around Rusty, and sure enough, there stood Fireball with a gas mask and scar. "So it was you, you little rascal." Mechanical Madness remarked grimly.

Rusty began to cough, weakly at first, but soon it grew stronger. He looked at Mech, his normally stubborn facial expression saying 'Ah don't need no Pony!' was now distorted, to one of a pleading and desperate stallion, "Mech... Ah trust you... Ah... know you'll find the cure... promise me you will...?"

Mech paused solemnly. "I promise. Now, let's get you somewhere comfortable... Can you walk? If not, let me grab some hazmat suits and somepony here can help me help you along." he said, his voice unwavering despite the distress he was obviously in.

Shakes his head, mustering whatever will-power and strength he had left to force himself up. He could feel it coming, he knew he didn't have too long, maybe not even a minute. He was too old for this, "Mech... where... is you're closest closet?" he said with a nervous Grin.

"In the next room, but the door there has a window and can be locked, so you may find the bed more comfortable to sit on while we figure this out." Mech replied, leading Rusty to the next guest room.

"Just hold on." Mech murmured, exiting the room and slowly turning the lock. "Shouldn't be long now... Poor fellow. Not many ponies think of me as trustworthy, I must say..." Mech remarked. Fireball began to draw closer to them now, his blank gaze glinting in what light filtered into the hallway. The light brown earth colt with the fiery red and orange mane stepped closer. "Mummy?" he called hollowly, as all the others did. Mech stared for a moment, then seemed to have a sudden realization. "That's it! I know what caused this!" he exclaimed, drawing back a bit from Fireball as the colt stepped forward again. Suddenly, however, his robotic leg emitted a metallic screech and a puff of smoke, and the yellow pegasus collapsed on the floor, a puddle of oil spreading out from the leg.

"Ugh! Darn faulty circuits!" Mech grunted, seeming to be in pain. He shakily tried to stand up again, but his mechanical leg refused to function and gave out again.

Rusty began to feel his mind cloud over, his thoughts were breaking apart, their trains never reaching their destinations. His ears perked up very slightly when he heard somepony fall outside his door, then complain about faulty circuits. Obviously this was Mech, he thought, pulling out a increasingly vague memory out of his foggy mind of Mech's mechanical leg and wings. Rusty, although it took a little longer then it should've, put it together that his leg must of failed, and he must of fallen. He clumsily climbs out of bed, and undoes his tool sash, which drops to the ground. He picks up one end of the hash with his mouth, and begins to drag it slowly to the door. Once he reached it, he carefully pushed the sash under the door for Mech to use, then smiled weakly to himself.

Mech looked to the door next to him as a tool belt was squeezed under the door. A smile appeared shortly on his face, then fell into a look of extreme thoughtfulness and determination as he grabbed the tools and began quick repairs on the leg. Tighten a bolt here, patch a hole in a wire or tube there.... It was not exactly fully functional, but it would do for now. Mech slowly and stiffly stood up. "We have to make it back to the lab. I'll explain there." he grunted, casting a brief glance back at the door. "Just hold on, Rusty! This'll be fixed soon enough!" he called, then proceeded to shove on forward, dodge past Fireball (or rather, what used to be Fireball), and make a stiff-ish, slightly awkward run for the lab, the others behind him.

*flies in the front door, slamming it behind me*

Darn it! I went out to go scout the area, and it seems as though all of ponyville is infected. Cloudsdale is a little better, although its being evacuated as we speak. As for Canterlot... well, I think Twilight Sparkle must have been called back by the princess, because there is a magical shield over it, and I cant make out whats going on inside

"You know they don't seem to like fire that much." Booksalot says blankly still waving the orb of fire in front of Fireball. Fireball or what was left of him still backing away from it.

"Yes, yes, not sure what's with that. Now, come along, ponies! We need to discuss this, but first you need to get past him!" Mech called over his shoulder, almost to the lab entrance.