Games you start, but never finish.

What it says on the tin. These are the games you start time and again, but can never, for one reason or another, play to the end.

For me, it's Final Fantasy 2 (the real 2, not the mislabeled 4). For the first half-dozen times, I didn't know how the level-up system was supposed to work, then I had to spend several more attempts to figure out that evasion was much more important than defense, that axes were not a good weapon choice, that shields were better than dual wielding, etc.

And after all that, I just keep getting tired of the game midway through. I don't know what it is exactly, whether the wonky leveling system, old-school (flat) story, or tedious random battles, I simply drop it, and by the time I come back, I can't start again in the middle, because I've forgotten what I was doing and where I was going.

Almost every game I have ever played. I have severe game commitment issues, so whenever I come off a binge of playing one particular game and then try to come back to it, I feel like I've lost the 'mindset' necessary to play, and so I throw out all the progress. I've got to sit down sometime and just beat all of my (beatable) games in a row.