No Place I Can Be[6 slots, PM to join!]

Pinstripe

PROLOGUE

Equestria, Age of Exodus, Year 1

Princess Celestia sighed, overlooking her once-shining bastion of Canterot. It was ruined, sent astray by the greedy minds of the Digital Revolution, started all those years ago. At first, the Solar Princess was greatly pleased with the invention of the microchip. It would further allow ponies to be happy. Some ways more savory than others. She didn't listen to her younger sister, who predicted, with great accuracy, that this great invention would be turned wicked, used to create strife. She was right. Her peaceful children began waging war on a massive scale, building machines of death using the very same technology used to make them happy. Skirmishes turned into wars, wars into conquests. Conquests into dominion over the planet. Why would they not stop? Greed and corruption has reached their soft hearts, sister. It is too late to save them. The words of her younger sister rang in Celestia's head, and now she could see she was too late. A guard.... no, a soldier, a warrior of her corrupted kingdom approached her, grabbing hold of her foreleg. "Princess, we need to evacuate the castle, now." The deity gave the stallion a strange look, before nodding slowly. "Stay here and defend my keep. I will go alone." It was time to leave, just like Luna did a few nights ago.,

She watched in deep remorse, as her castle fell, the loud cracks of rifles, and the thunderous applaud of the cannons were drowned out by falling rubble. Her kingdom, her children, turned against each other. But for what? Money? Power? Happiness? Not that, Celestia thought to herself. This is not the right way. Celestia looked at the moon, giving it a slow nod. She still loved her children, and even though they did not seem to deserve it, she would give them a final gift. She would raise the sun herself for the last time. Spreading her wings, the alicorn took off. The gunfire stopped, the conflict stopped. All was tranquil, just like before. Before all the complications of the society she encouraged. If only she could change that. ...Too late... The thought rang in Celestia's head again. It was. I can now only give them this. Something, before I leave. The Princess stopped, taking a look at her surroundings. She could see the planet as a whole. It looked so peaceful, quite the opposite on the surface. It was time. The divine thrum of Celestia's magic emanated from her horn, the soft golden glow illuminating her face. She turned to the dormant sun, before flying off towards it. The ponies, her children watched, as Celestia blessed them with a last sunrise, before disappearing from the mortal plane. She would return. It was a promise.

Pinstripe Presents...

NO PLACE I CAN BE

A semi-crossover of Firefly.

Ponyville Sector, Former Independent Space, Age of New Beginnings, Year 502

Outryder groaned, slumping in his chair. He couldn't fly this thing himself. Too hard. Especially the engine-fixing. Heck, he recalled just a few minutes ago, he fixed a coolant leak with some duct tape and a few paperclips. Way to go, cowboy. The stallion thought to himself. I need a gorram crew. Some good folk, ponies I can trust. Maybe six. Outryder mulled the thought over in his head, before nodding. "Yeah. Six." The stallion perked up, tapping a few keys on the navigation console. "New Ponyville, here we come." he said, before pushing on the throttle. The soft hum of the engine came over Outryder, before his ship, Rainbow Dashed sped off into the vast reaches of space. He loved this ship tenderly, like a child to his mother. It had been his home for ages. Yes, a rather cramped, dank little home, but home, nonetheless. Outryder switched on autopilot, before heading off to roam his ship. He stopped at the mess, no, it was a dining room. Bare. Grey walls. They'd look nice if they were yellow. And if I had things to put on them. He thought, before trotting off to his bunk. He was going to get his earth pony self some rest. He was tired.

Generosity Falls, New Ponyville, A few days later...

"Alright, listen up, gorramit! I need me six able-bodied ponies, who can run a ship. Now, I ain't takin' kids, mommies, daddies, or anypony who wants to get off this here planet. Just six able bodied ponies who can run a ship with me."