Name: Golden Delicious

Species: Earth Pony

Pelt Color: Golden

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Braided orange mane, short orange tail

Eye Color: Sky Blue

Cutie Mark: N/A

Physique: Bigger for her age, slender and fit

Residence: Appleloosa

Motivation: Like many fillys, GD is just trying to find who she is supposed to be. She's picked up the friendly and hard working streak known by the extended Apple family. She tries her best to keep her family happy and off her hide.

Likes: Sleeping under the stars, cool water on a hot day, apple pies, laughing, dancing, making friends.

Dislikes: Loud noises, meanies, and rattlers!

Character Summary:

Golden Delicious's family are a hearty folk. Throughout the years, her family (mother and father, no siblings) were mostly migrants and helped tend to many of the family farms across the land when relatives needed a helping hand. Looking to finally steak their claim, their family was one of the first to help found Appleloosa. They were pivotal in plowing, tending, irrigating, and managing the grove during those delicate first few months.

A life on the road has been both beneficial and tough on the girl. She's seen many things, been many places, and seen a great deal of her relatives. But the constant movement doesn't help a young pony who is trying to make friends and learn who she is supposed to be. Now that things have settled down, she can finally have the moments rest she needs to finally discover who she really is.

Here, I'll let her talk for a little -

"Umm... hello? This thing on? I ain't the besta writin' these things. Gonna do my best though... ugh... so here goes. So, I ain't got too many friends. Pa's been busy workin' and Ma makes a lot to them pies for the town and such. Leaves me out on my lonesome unless I pop by and say hello to em. I try and make friends and all but... they all got their own groups and such. Don't feel like being nosey and bardgin' in. Pa always said you needed to be courteous and ain't nothing courteous about interuptin' a conversation or a game I gather.

Ma says I'm big for my age. And wordy too! See, theres this newspaper bein made in Appleloosa now and I think it's neat all looking at the pictures. I stop by and help make em and read em every once in a while. But the manager, Mr Broadstreet, says I'm all good with words and such. Says when I get big I can write too and be in the paper! I don't think I'm mucha writer though.

Anyway, I'm runnin low of much ta talk 'bout. I was gonna spend an afternoon in the orchard with Pa. He's all concerned 'bout some wiltin' leaves in the south field. Anyway, hope ta hear from you soon. Have a good night everypony!"

goldendelicious.png

First, I'd like to just warn you (because I'm honestly not too sure myself) that the rules say you should not include relationships with the cast members, and that the fact that your character is a part of the Apple Family may be a problem. Not saying it's bad or anything, just that it might affect if your character gets accepted or not. Not too sure, though. Other than that, this is a brilliant app. This should be accepted, no problem (unless the Apple Family thing factors in- which I hope not, this is an awesome app). Nice work. :D

You may want to get a new picture, though, the Pony Maker isn't easy on the eyes, if you know what I mean. I'm willing to draw one if you want me to, it might take a bit to finish, though.

My main concern is whether or not we are going to consider this a Main Cast character or not because she is quoted by name in the first episode when Applejack is rattling off her family names. I'll get back to you on this when I hear back from the rest of the staff. Hold Tight!

hey GoldenDelicious!

I have an Apple-Themed family in Appleoosa too! viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1279

I wonder if they're neighbors, rivals, friends or relatives. :)

Either way, Jonagold and Nova (who is an astronomy loving unicorn filly) would love to meet this character! When she is approved, we have a thread in Appleoosa called "Wings of their own" where Jona, Nova and Riverhippo's character Arrow Plain are attempting to basically build hang gliders out of stuff they find, if you would care to join us!

Skye:

I didn't realize it until after I made the character that the relation had been made. The GD in the first episode was male as I recall. We could somewhat sidestep the issue and have them both share the name leading to 'why does everypony think that's me' kind of situations. Then again, I could see where that could be confusing.

Flutterscotch:

I'd probably be pretty interested. I have a feeling she is going to be the Sweetie Belle of the bunch and keep the team a little safer. That and I think he'll likely be pretty helpful with construction. Once I'm accepted I'll see if I can wander towards the chat.

Skye:

I didn't realize it until after I made the character that the relation had been made. The GD in the first episode was male as I recall. We could somewhat sidestep the issue and have them both share the name leading to 'why does everypony think that's me' kind of situations. Then again, I could see where that could be confusing.

Well seeing as the issue was cleared about the name. I'm sure this pony will be ready to ride as soon as Mane or Skye gives the final stamp. Congratz on your character once again :)

There was also a Golden Delicious in Generation 3, who was female. it might just be a common pony name. :)

And if you need to change it, here's a list of yellow and orange apple cultivar names:

Lodi

Earligold

Gingergold

Mutsu (also known as Crispin)

Shizuka

Blushing Golden

Cox's Orange Pippin

Grimes Golden

Gravenstein

Suncrisp

Sundance

braeburn (which is sadly already taken)

Honeycrisp

There was also a Golden Delicious in Generation 3, who was female. it might just be a common pony name. :unsure:

And if you need to change it, here's a list of yellow and orange apple cultivar names:

Lodi

Earligold

Gingergold

Mutsu (also known as Crispin)

Shizuka

Blushing Golden

Cox's Orange Pippin

Grimes Golden

Gravenstein

Suncrisp

Sundance

braeburn (which is sadly already taken)

Honeycrisp

Hopefully she won't have to change the name but it's good you gave suggestions just in case :D