Character changes.

Snowshoe

So I've been desperately trying to get back into RPing, and one of the things I want to do is start changing around my characters a bit. Namely, is it okay to simply remove a character from a character log as long as they're not in an active RP? And if I had a character already up that I wanted to do an edit to (basically aging the character up a bit as part of an overhaul), is it okay to go ahead and do that?

What you put on your character log is entirely up to you. If you're not interested in using a character anymore, you're free to remove them from the log if you want or otherwise mark them as inactive.

As for editing characters, however, we do insist you stick to procedures there. If you wish to make change a character in notable ways, please contact a moderator so that they might move the character back into the applications forum. Once there, an RP Helper will review the character as it is after the changes to see if everything is okay for the RP game selected.

Hmm, the "almost" in "almost identical" gives some pause as it implies there would be more changes which might need review. If it was just the age and nothing else, I'd say that's probably acceptable, but if there are things being changed or added it's probably better that we know.

I get whatcha mean. When I mean "almost identical" I mean the character (Bowsprit) will be exactly as his profile says. The only change is the above-mentioned age change for the character. I'll definitely resubmit it if I have to, just want to figure it all out first.

If it's just the age, I'd say that's probably fine. Unless the character doesn't have a cutie mark, change in age isn't going to generally create issues for us. If it's from older colt to young stallion it's especially reasonable, as that change could have reasonably happened over the course of RP's progressing.