Pip Pip HURRAY! (Open Rp)

QuickLime

PipsqueakBanner2_zps48c569dd.png

He was a little late for Nightmare Night this year it seemed! "Aw rotts!" He huffed as he trotted into the familiar town of Ponyville, costume free this time, safe for the red bandana tied round his neck "Oh well tis a saturday! Mayhaps some foals are around and might wanna play with me today!" He thought enthusiastically "I'm thinkin that maybe today I'll form a band of loyal knights! Off t' slay a dragon!" He bounced at that, three times on rather small hooves "OYI! Anypony want to play!?" He called out as he wandered the city streets, wanting to play, and he didn't care if it were with a grown up or another youth!

"Pipsqueak Knight of the Triangle table searching vigilantly for his knights!" He called "Where are my Knights?"

snow_dancer_by_kitsune85-d6htltq.png

In the skies above Ponyville, barely detectable from the streets below due to her coloring, a Pegasus filly glided ever closer to town. As world drew closer, the filly could see a small pony calling out for somepony to play with him. As she floated closer and landed on a nearby roof, the colt introduced him as Pipsqueak and strangely a knight. He didn't look like a knight from the stories Snow read, but that wouldn't stop her from meeting the new pony.

"Oh hi there," Snow said gliding down to where he was, stopping in front of him, "I'm Snow Dancer... of Cloudsdale!"

• 4 months later...

"SnowDancer of Cloudsdale! Will you fight besides me as we fight the dreaded chimera back into the depths of the Everfree Forest?" He asked, pausing to brandish his wooden sword, held betwixt his teeth , looking the part of a bold, brave adventurer! He certainly hoped she would play, he was getting rather lonely and his nan was going to worry if he kept talking to himself like this..quite embarrassing..

"Of course i will help you to..." she said before suddenly pausing as her eyes went wide at the realization of what this pony was asking her to do. She was not shy about having fun and exploring new things, but this was something that seemed way too dangerous for anypony to do. But just to be sure she decided to check to see for sure if she heard the sword wielding pony correctly.

"Um... Pip? Did you just say you wanted to fight a chimera in the Everfree Forest. Like the big scary Everfree Forest that a full of dangerous creatures?"

She waited nervously for the response, hoping that he wasn't seriously considering going to that place.

Pipsqueak started to laugh, falling backwards, kicking his legs "Ahahah! Go into the Everfree and be gobbled by all the creatures within!?" Springing back up he snickered "No no! We'll be fighting a pretend one ofcourse! We'll not be tromping into the Everfree! M' not that restless I swear on me Mum I'm not!"

"Oh," Snow Dancer said breathing a sigh of relief that this colt wasn't crazy enough to venture into that scary forest with her, "Heh, guess that was as silly as it sounded."

She looked around the town, letting her imagination slowly transform the scenery into a medieval town, with the ponies all dressed in their medieval finery. It was then that she pictured Pipsqueak dressed in armor, like those that were in Canterlot.

"Ok, so you are a knight and I am the adventurous hoof-maiden of the Princes. But I am here to say that our fair Princess has been captured by the manticore and if we don't act quickly she will be devoured by the beast. You know the dangerous forest like the back of your hoof fair knight, so lead the way!"

• 4 weeks later...

A Child's imagination was a powerful tool! The simple countryside changing into the rich palace of Canterlot, and Pipsqueak now dawning glorious, glistening armour, and his fair companion in a tunic, "That it is me fine lady! Do not worry! I the brave night Pipsqueak will slay the vile dragon and save the Princess! Onward!" He charged into town then, holding his wooden sword betwixt his teeth, charging with fearless abandon to slay the drago- Manticore, pausing to take his sword out "Ah I said Dragon didn't I? I meant Manticore! I'll slay the vile manticore!" Pointing his sword at the sky, before charging off with it in his mouth again.

"Come along SnowFall! There is danger afoot!"

Snow Dancer was really getting into the fantasy world that was being built in her and Pipsqueak's mind. She imagined that like Pipsqueak they were in a beautiful castle, like the one in Canterlot. Snow was never in the castle there, much less Canterlot, but that didn't stop her from imagining the white marble, beautiful tapestries, and gleaming silver and gold.

"Yes, onward my fair knight... wait dragon?"

Snow Dancer wondered if she heard right about Pip going after a dragon. It was a minor detail, as any monster from a giant pony eating plant to a dragon would do, and in this imagination things could be changed in a heart beat. Pip however corrected himself and unsheathed his sword.

"Yes Sir Pipsqueak, we shall fight this foul beast together to protect the Princess."

Her mind reverted back to reality for a moment as she looked around the town, trying to find something particular. It was then that she spotted it, a short slender branch that had fallen from the tree, only in her mind it wasn't a branch but an elegant and deadly dagger, fitting for a hoof-maiden willing to defend the Princess to her last breath.

"To the dark forest we go!"

• 4 weeks later...

"Let's just hope the foul beast canna' turn INTO a Dragon!" He exclaimed as he charged onwards! Branishing his sword bravely, as he ran off with his shield maiden beside him! "MH TH MOREST!" He exclaimed, though it was muffled by his sword in his mouth, now to find a suitable representation of their fantasies so that they can project upon it!

The hoof maiden suddenly stopped. Could a Manticore really turn into a dragon? Even in the world of the Pegasus's reality she never heard such a thing in the books she read. Unless...

"The only way that a Manticore could become a dragon is..." before the filly gasped, "What if this creature threatening the Princess isn't a dragon or a Manticore at all. What if it is a Changeling that can become a dragon or a Manticore. Why, it can be anything!"

The level of danger in this epic quest had just risen as the duo now faced a creature that could change forms at will, at least in Snow Dancer's imagination. The two trudged through the streets of Ponyville now made into an enchanted road that led from the castle to the dark forest.

"Looks like we need to find the entrance to the forest which the Princess told me is right... there!"

With her dagger she pointed to the park, the only place that was woodsy enough to be a forest while not being the Everfree Forest that imagination or not was not a wise place to be.

• 1 month later...

"GASP! My CELESTIA!" His mouth gaped at the thought ! "Changelings!? Why my brave shield maiden we shall right this terrible wrong at ONCE!" He grabbed his sword again with his mouth, following after her ! Those dang changelings would not succeed! They never seemed to learn!

In the imaginative mind of the filly fueled by Pipsqueak's imagination as well, Snow Dancer pictured the bushes in the park as fearsome changelings! Snow Dancer living in Cloudsdale never actually saw one but she could paint a fairly accurate picture of them from what other ponies told about.

"You are right sir knight, perhaps the changelings have stolen the Princess to feed upon her love! We must slay them swiftly before they change into something else to confuse us."

With that the filly charged at the nearest "changeling" and attacked it with her "Sword."

• 1 month later...

"Aye! NOT THE PRINCESS YOU COLLYWOBBLES!" Pip exclaimed! Diving into the bush with his sword, though instantly regretted it as ..it was indeed a blackberry bush!"Ah..ah! Danca! The changeling's got me with it's fangs it has!" He squirmed but did indeed seem to be stuck, the hooks of the brambles digging into his coat, and his trusty bandana "Help!"

In her fantasy mind, Snow Dancer failed to realize what she chose to be a "changeling." It looked like an ordinary bush from the distance, perhaps a little black which could have made her pick it. But the stalwart night got trapped, and although she knew that upon closer inspection it was a blackberry bush with tiny thorns, her mind persisted with the imagination.

"Oh no! The changeling has got hold of you! Careful or it will drain the love. I will help you get free."

With a few slashed of her "sword" against the bush she managed to free part of the helpless pony from his problem, albeit spraying black juice on the two of them.

"Ok, the changeling is injured. I'm going to try and pull you free."

She got behind the pinto pony and grabbed his flailing back legs, taking care not to get kicked in the process.

"On three. One, two, three!"

And with that the shield maiden pulled as hard as she could, digging her hooves into the ground. She hoped her strength was enough to free the knight from his captor.

Archived