What inspired your characters?

Nouveau

Nothing really inspires my characters, not the original creation, anyway. I sort of just think... I want a new character, and now!, start with something very, very basic and simple, usually a design, or personality.

For instance, Sky started out as a happy mare, who lived in Ponyville. That's it. From there, I roleplay, and roleplay, and develop my characters, taking bits from what I'm reading or experiencing, such as books, or whatever.

See, I suck at redeveloping characters, or adding new, big things, by sitting down and thinking about them. My best work comes from being in a roleplay, and needing something to say, and pulling something out of thin air. Of course with Sky, Hazel, Canna and Pyre, that technique isn't as needed, since I've developed them quite a lot.

Although, if we're talking about what inspired me to make characters originally, it would have been after reading Reaper Man, and wanting to write, but having nothing to write about. So, I returned to the crappy little PonyCreator image I'd created, named Sky, and things sort of snowballed from there.

As far as all my characters go... They have very little to do with other designs. Normally, my characters are all designed as inside jokes or easter eggs of something else.

I only have one here right now, and he's been based on a few things. (Not approved yet...)

The first one is his apperance. The appearance had actually been inspired from Dr. Brown from back to the future. To make it better, his fur is actually earth tones and java colors of brown.

His behavior is based a few aussies I have met, and some of my family members from reuins that tend to speak really quickly, use quite a bit of jargon.

And the coffee thing.... well... long story short. Starbucks had actually given me an incredibly strong dose of caffeine in just one venti drink. The barista who was making mine was both new, and wasn't paying attention. I asked originally for a six shot... he added six... totaling up for an eight. And he apparently lost count... and added two more shots. Needless to say, I was pretty................................ awake.

His name is just a call out to a software platform, and to his habits with coffee.

For me, Pyro Nomad came from the Nightmare Night [sFM] video. Coincidently it was that very video that got me into watching MLP :)

The eyes were based on one of the models used, and the colour scheme was based to be dark and a bit evil, like his expression and his cutie mark, a purple flame.

Archived