Day of the Doctor

Kirby Krackle

I did. But I cant say I'm a fan of the series. Namely cuz I've never seen it. My room mates girlfriend is a total whovian and she went on a geek rampage on how awesome it was. I just smile and nodded as he nerded all over the place. At least I understand that that show was pretty important to the series as a whole.

A big one, which I won't explain because it sounds like your roommate explained it enough already. I'm a fan of the series, though not a huge one yet. Mainly I'm cherry picking episodes between slowly watching David Tennant's run. And my eyes get all sparkly because, like the original Star Treks, the day is won not because of who has the bigger gun. In fact, I love how the Sonic Screwdriver is expressly NOT a weapon. This is a series that's fueled on optimism and curiosity and, at times, the power of friendship.

On a side note, I love Whovians. Being a part of this fandom (which is already a hop, skip and a jump away from being a full blown religion) has shown me other equally huge and enthusiastic fandoms. They've also endured a thirteen year drought! So us with our... what was it, a year and a half? Yeah. We have it easy.

I was highly pleased with the show. I've been watching since... Season 4 of Tennant's run? Ran back through everything up to where I started after I had Netflix.

One thing to bear in mind, though, is that the brunt of the online fandom presence are fans of New Who, as in 2005 and on. The 13 year drought was only a drought for fans of classic who, which means people who kids in, say, the 80s. And they didn't think it was a drought. They just thought it was over. X'D

But yeah, it was a good special. I was glad for it. It'll take the series in a new and interesting direction I'm sure, and I'm excited for the Christmas special.

Also, I highly recommend looking for the 8th Doctor audio plays. Since all he had was that terribad movie, most of his stuff is audio, but it's great.

A big one, which I won't explain because it sounds like your roommate explained it enough already. I'm a fan of the series, though not a huge one yet. Mainly I'm cherry picking episodes between slowly watching David Tennant's run. And my eyes get all sparkly because, like the original Star Treks, the day is won not because of who has the bigger gun. In fact, I love how the Sonic Screwdriver is expressly NOT a weapon. This is a series that's fueled on optimism and curiosity and, at times, the power of friendship.

On a side note, I love Whovians. Being a part of this fandom (which is already a hop, skip and a jump away from being a full blown religion) has shown me other equally huge and enthusiastic fandoms. They've also endured a thirteen year drought! So us with our... what was it, a year and a half? Yeah. We have it easy.

LOL I get it trust me. I'm sure if I sat down and watched the show I'd dig it but I really don't have room on my plate for a new series to watch I already have to power through the rest of season 2 of MLP and still recovering from the loss of Transformers: Prime/Beast Hunters. Plus theres a bunch for me to catch up on in the Walking Dead, and Breaking Bad. Definitely true tho; there's no fandoms like the MLP:FiM and Doctor Who.

On a side note: Friendship: Ya know last time someone used the power of friendship in Transformers someone died... man Headmasters is hard to watch

[/media]

Holy TARDIS of Gallifrey, I frigging loved it! :D I'm now sort of wondering if we're actually seeing the eleventh regenerate when the new episodes come now, simply because... Well, they changed their own past, so 10 and 11 technically now never existed. And whatever number that other one was was regenerating at the end... So, I think it's possible we won't see 11 again in the new episode. I don't know. :P On another note... The quotes, gosh, THE QUOTES! So awesome.

Wholey rusted metal batman is Monochrome excited. A question for the fans of this show though; I know the Doctor dabbles in alot of space/time shenaniganry but with the council gone and another doctor introduced (when there was supposed to be a limited number of them... the exact number eludes me) Isn't the series effectively retconned? Not trying to be a wet blanket or anything but there is a difference between a turn of events and a retcon.

That being said check this out. While I respect the Dr. Who fandom and fans I was perusing the youtubes and came across this number.

Wholey rusted metal batman is Monochrome excited. A question for the fans of this show though; I know the Doctor dabbles in alot of space/time shenaniganry but with the council gone and another doctor introduced (when there was supposed to be a limited number of them... the exact number eludes me) Isn't the series effectively retconned? Not trying to be a wet blanket or anything but there is a difference between a turn of events and a retcon.

Nope, they already proved that the 12 regeneration rule (13 incarnations) wasn't hard and fast with the Master. So they already set precedence that there are exceptions. The council also offered more regenerations as rewards and such. You could make theories that in the absence of the council the Doctor, the last remaining time lord now controls how many regenerations he can go through, and make the limit almost endless. Or he found a way to circumvent it (like the Master). Either way, the series had already made it clear that 12 regenerations (13 incarnations) doesn't always have to be the end.

So... yeah... wibbly wobbily timey wimey. TIME TRAVEL!

Archived