First Contact

doppleganger

This story will tell of the Changeling's first interactions with ponies centuries before the Royal Wedding. With a recent population boom throughout the hive, Changeling soldiers posing as Ponies are not gathering enough love to feed the growing masses. They cannot risk going above quota without risking discovery. With not enough love going around the first signs of the Great Famine are beginning to appear. King Distortion, 8th Ruler of the Changeling Horde makes a desperate gamble to save his Lings from starvation. In order to save his race he will reveal his peoples existence to Equestria as a whole. The King, his young daughter Princess Chrysalis, and a few of his loyal guards now travel to the capital city of Canterlot hoping to strike a deal with the Royal Sisters..What could Possibly go wrong?

Occ: Anyone Interested?Apply in OOC

Ok lets get Started)

It was humid he noted as he buzzed through what the Equestrians called the Everfree Forest. Compared to the dryness of what the oblivious Ponies referred to as "The Badlands" this new climate left him feeling uncomfortable. It wasn't that the humidity bothered him, but it was a constant reminder that he was indeed far away from his home and in foreign territory. He took notice that the Royal Sister's night was beginning and ordered his convoy to halt. They had made great progress in their journey and noted that he could see their destination in this distance. He took note of where he was choosing to establish camp for the night and sighed. Good location, fine weather, and the soil seemed to be in good conditions for what the ponies called fruits and Veggies. This area was perfect for a settlement of somesort. A city...village maybe. Shameful that the Equestrians would not capitalize on it. Land of such promise would never be wasted in his kingdom. Pulling away from his thoughts he looked to two of his guards who looked curious as to his orders.

"Cyrie...Ember." He said calm yet firm. "Establish perimeter, and run the necessary security checks. We will most likely rest here before we venture into Canterlot in the morning...we shall then feed and slumber for the evening.." He then looked to the Ling that softly flittered onto his back trying very hard to be as stealthy as possible. Yet failing miserably. King Distortion gave his young daughter a rare smile before going back to the tasks at hand. It was going to be a long couple of days....

Cryie nodded her head "Yes my king, consider it done" she said quickly, before taking several steps away from the king and using her magic to do a brief heat scan. Theorically, any large heat receptors would alert her to danger, however the forest was full of insects and she didn't get the responce she wanted. Instead, she realized that a barrier, along with a physical check would be the best way to check for any dangers to the king and his daughter.

The mare started moving, but she didn't see anything dangerious, then again, this forest was dangerous at every turn, and the last thing Cryie wanted was a Manticore getting at the kings daughter, she shuddered to think what might happen to her if that happened.

Eventually, she returned to her king, bowing before speaking. "I have looked around, but it appears we are alone, at least, on the western side we are. However, i might suggest a barrier for, well, protection against wandering beasts, my king" she suggested. It was their best option, the animals in the forest were not known for staying in one place.

"Hmmmm...very well I will cast it after I feed everyling so I will not delve into your food rations....I doubt we will have any trouble but your concerns are well noted Cryie" He replied. With the love shortage growing to big to ignore he made sure that he absorbed a well supply of love before he and his subjects made their leave from the Hive. Distortion worried that he took to little for those who came with him and run out before they got to Canterlot. Although he also worried that he took too much from the reserves that were quickly diminishing at home. He prayed to Faust that his surprise meeting tomorrow would free him from these troubles. Distortion was no stranger to the the beasts that resided in this forest. Shocking the horrors that could reside in a land ruled by ponies. But a manticore or a wolf made of twigs would not get the better then him.

"Establish camp, then we shall carry on as planned" He ordered.

"Of course, my king" she replied, quickly grabbed and trying to set up their 'camp'. First was sleeping, meaning tents. Which, somehow, Cryie had always had trouble setting up, she didn't understand how a tent was that complicated, but she'd never been able to set one up without it falling on her. She decided to let Ember handle it, given previous experience said that Ember was better at tentmaking then herself. Instead, she worried about getting the fire started. Not only would it theortically, keep animals away, but it would keep them warm.

She trotted out, grabbing as much as she could. It was going to take her a while to get enough wood to get a sustainable fire going.

((Okay so they're about where the Everfree would be. Gotcha. ))

Star was picking some random edible stuff she could find. She heard hoof steps.she flew into a nearby tree and watched the pony. If it was a pony. It was all pitch black and had strange wings and holes over its body. Shes tried to be quiet.

"Tell me Cryie.." He decided to make some idle conversation as he cleaned his daughter's carapace. "As one of my personal guards you have never left the Hive..what is your opinion of this land so far." Distortion always made an effort to be close with his subjects. Especially his guards. Being as they were literally bred specifically to guard the Royal family he had much respect for his soldiers so someone as loyal as Cryie was very well in his good graces. He paused tending to Chrysalis as he sniffed the air slowly.

Cryie frowned at her kings question, it wasn't uncommon for him to talk to Changelings, he did it all the time, it's just, she never thought she was that important. Surely he could spend the day talking to his daughter instead?

"W-well, my king, while these forest's are indeed dangerous, the land seems, well, perfect. There would be plenty of room for expansion of our hive if this meeting goes well. The dangerous would have to be removed, for safety reasons, but....." Cryie froze in place, something was wrong. She could, hear something. Something that was close, normally she'd never stop speaking to the kind in such a rude manner, but she was certain they were not alone.

Her horn sparked up, and she cast the same spell as before, a scanner that would basically locate anything that was warm. In moments, her eyes shot open, looking at a free that was not too far away, but that wasn't the important part. What was important, was their was something in that tree, watching her and the king.

"My lord, we're not alone. In that tree, something is hiding, listening to us" she said to him directly, stern.

Cryie nodded "Consider it done, my king" she said, before flaring her wings and flying straight for the tree. She needed to be quick, Cryie wasn't the best flier, she was agile, but not too fast, and her main concern was being the pony could out-fly her on speed. It was something she couldn't afford, to fail the king was dishonorable, and was not going to disappoint him.

She crashed through the leaves, and felt her forlegs connect with something solid, the pony. She tried to get a good grip, so they didn't flee.

"Don't run, we're not going to hurt you..." she said, she honestly had no idea of the kings plan for the pony, but given they were on a peace talk, she doubted her king would bring harm on the pony.

Cryie tried to calm the pony down by smiling at the pony, her fangs almost shining.

"I promise, we won't hurt you, just calm down, please" she said, kinda hoping her king might help out. But she doubted that he would, he couldn't leave his daughter, meaning she either needed to calm her down, or take her by force. While the second wasn't the most appealing, it was looking to be her only real option.

Cryie was setting restless, her king wouldn't let this go for much longer. She decided there was one way to do it, and that was through force. Cryie grabbed the pony "You resist, and i'll make this more painful then you can imagine" she said threatningly, almost dragging the pony back with her.

She eventually got herself and the pony to her king, dumping the pony in front of him "Here is the pony, she resisted, so i was forced to carry her to you"

He looked down at the Pony before him "Thank Cryie..you may finish setting up while I tend to our..'Guest' " Distortion let out a sigh as he took in the amount of fear that the pegasus was practically leaking. He was pretty much certain that this would be the general reaction from most of the Equestrian populace. "Greetings young one..i'm sure our appearances are quite alarming to you but I assure you madame we mean you no harm." He gave her a smile careful not to show fangs. "Now I am sure you have some questions for me..."

(We still need people before we go to Canterlot so if you guys could try and get more people thatd be great)

Archived