Mad Love, Madder Chocolates (Closed: Lyra)

SteelEagle

bon_bon_post_banner_by_jaelachan-d5ld4da.png

Bon Bon was a maaaaaaaad scientist of the most super duper kind. She didn't mix and match chemicals to create super potions to become a super villain! She had tried that as a filly and just got a wicked tummyache. Instead, she was a culinary conqueror, a delicattesant doctor, a sweet scientist, a chocolate clinician, a texture technician! It was a shock to all in her household that she wasn't the most famous of all of Equestria's great chocolatiers, but that would change. Boy howdy doodie, it would change! With this new batch of chocolates she would become the greatest chef in all the land. Lyra would fall more madly in love with her, if such a thing were even possible. They'd have to have Bon Bon join with Sugarcube Corner because her chocolates were so good that they were almost out of business, yet Bon Bon needed their space so in her INFINITE GREATNESS AND KINDNESS she'd take their space but keep them on as employees. Then she would have to travel to Canterlot and give her bon bons to the Princesses, who would be so amazed that they would declare them the official treats of Equestria. She would be famous, rich, and knighted, and that'd show all of those fillies from her school who told her she wouldn't amount to beans whatfor.

But first she had to make the best bonbons of all time. Bon Bon's Bonbons had recently undergone a major incident that saw her have to take several weeks off. The city had given her a small stipend for a small business but heck, that didn't matter much. She needed some new chocolates to give her business a kick in the pantaloons so when she went back out there, ponies were forming lines all the way to Roam for them. She spent a long time getting the exact recipe down. The correct ingredients in the correct amounts in a very specific amount of time. Half fractions of a second here or there were death to her plans and batches were destroyed or discarded...right into her stomach. And Lyra's probably, she didn't keep track of her failures. After much effort she believed she found her new bonbon recipe. The texture, the taste, the taste buds that betrayed their joy and made Bonnie wanna cry with ecstacy- her chocolates were so good she could almost dance. In fact, she did dance! Her hoofsies clipped clopped in the kitchen of their small home and a minute later, the door burst open with a tray of bonbons on Bon Bon jiggling as the mare trotted with energey popping off of her hooves towards her mare.

"Yes! Success! Great, unqualified success! Taste the delicious future, my love!"

Lyra was sitting around the house, just humming a song to herself trying to dream up some lyrics. She wasn't having a whole lot of luck. She seemed to have her best moments of inspiration out in the wild, taking in the world. Sometimes she just go lazy though and just wanted to lie around. It didn't help that she knew that Bonnie was around and making some new bonbons.

Lyra had actually opted to stay home a lot more recently. After her shop was flattened by a certain careless pegasus, Bonnie had been staying home a lot waiting for a return to normalcy to become possible. In the meantime, she was constantly at work in the kitchen trying to perfect her bonbon recipe. With Bon Bon there and bonbons needing tasting, there was less reason than usual to wander about. Sure, there was still the occasional time for an adventure. The excitement of Nightmare Night and her conquest over her would be changeling captors was still on her mind on occasion. That had ended up taking her all the way to Canterlot Castle for a banquet in honor of what she and the others had done. Mostly Lyra had been taking it easy of late though. She had opted to not even participate in the Running of the Leaves race this year, despite having been winner a couple years back. She was content to kick back and relax until her Bonnie was back on all of her hooves.

So when Bon Bon barged in, carrying her latest choclately confection, Lyra was immediately eager to see what was up. Bonnie rarely made chocolates that weren't good to eat in Lyra, opinion, but her elation as she shouted of her success carrying this latest tray was obvious. Lyra sprung up immediately to her hooves to meet her fillyfriend with a bounce. Her eyes focused in on the candies. THey looked amazing. The shape, the size, the color. It was all so perfect. She couldn't help herself but immediately grab one.

"Oh, wow! If these taste half as incredible as they look..." she said, salivating as her eyes locked completely onto the sweet treat. Without wasting another moment, she shoved it into her mouth and began to chew. Lyra's mind effectively went blank as the vibrant choclatey taste filled her mouth. it was unreal.Her Bonnie truly had achieved chocolate perfection. Lyra immediately swallowed it all and grabbed three more and shoved them all into her mouth.

"Shooo ghoood...." she moaned with a mouth full of chocolate. She was unable to stop herself from then shoveling even more into her mouth.

There was a moment of truth when a pony first took hold of your treats. One of the most important things that most ponies forgot about when they imagined the cut throat world of chocolate candy competition was that texture and how it felt in your hoof or in your mouth was important. Her fillyfriend took it and Bon Bon watched the face with all the primordial intensity of the sun. Then she ate it. How you bit into it, the sound it made as you did, the initial burst of flavor followed the texture as the actual contents of the candy spilled over into your mouth. The sweet serenity as the sensations that followed, taste, sound, touch, even smell, worked together in perfect symphony with one another. The smaller crunch heading off swiftly to nothingness, a burst of delicious aroma that, if it did escape, only went so far as the snout before being sucked back in. The texture stayed pleasantly on the tomgue with soft loving hugs before the motion of the ocean broke it apart and it was devoured piece by piece, leaving only a scant few microscopic survivors that Bon Bon might just fish out later herself.

But the key was the taste, the immediate punch, the aftertaste, and the memory it triggered whenever you smelled it in the future. That she couldn't judge until Lyra was deep into it, but her initial reaction seemed really positive. Then it continued and Bon Bon's madness riven eyes looked upon with a sense of completion. She blanked out- bad? Good? No, good, a smile, and her voice seemed to buoy that perception. It eventually hit her: She had done it. Against all odds, against all comers, against all good sense and reason by Celestia's everflowing mane she had done it! Bon Bon immediately put the tray down and launched herself at her Lyra, taking the pair clear off of the ground, into the couch, over the couch and onto the couch cushions with Lyra on bottom. Bon Bon kissed her mare deep, but the continuing momentum of the leap eventually tipped them off the couch and onto the ground, where Bon Bon fell on her back with Lyra on top with a soft oomph. Still no change in attitude.

"You really liked it? FINALLY SUCCESS! How was the taste? The texture? Did it smell good? Feel good? AWW YES!" she hugged Lyra as tight as any plushy doll, "after six-hundred and eighty seven recipes, I have found the one true bonbon!" and then came the sobs of joy, "I am just so ha-a-a-ppy!"

• 4 weeks later...

"You really liked it? FINALLY SUCCESS! How was the taste? The texture? Did it smell good? Feel good? AWW YES! after six-hundred and eighty seven recipes, I have found the one true bonbon! I am just so ha-a-a-ppy!"

Lyra grinned widely as she held her mare close and tight. There was no telling Bonnie that she had personally enjoyed a good 684 of those 687 bonbon recipes. Lyra's palate wasn't quite as refined as Bon Bon's had to be to do what she did, and honestly almost anything sweet and chocolatey made by her sweet, sweet Bonnie Bon was pretty awesome in her book. Still... she supposed there was something about this latest particular bonbon that made it stand out amidst the rest regardless. Really, everything about them was just as perfect as the mare who made it. If she hadn't been busy hugging Bon Bon, she'd have probably been in a hurry to shove the remains of the sample into her mouth as quickly as was possible.

"They're just perfect, Bonnie. The taste... it's like just... I don't even know... pure awesomeness that fills your entire mouth... and yeah, it just feels right biting into them," she said with lots of nodding. "Of all the bonbons I've had this one is probably my very favorite ever. "

She gave a mischievous smile and then licked Bonnie's cheek affectionately. "Well, aside from this Bon Bon, of course!" she chimed cheerfully as she snuggled the other mare.

Bon Bon's bonbons needed all the help it could get in all ways. Sure, teh product was obviouslt the best in the past but every day there was new competition springing up all aroun town. Little colts and fillies just learning how to make treats were trying to crowd into her space and she needed to beat them to a pulp in business. Sugarcube Corner, that mammoth without care or cause, created new treats everyday of the week and all Bon Bon could do was bat away their swarm of innovation with her elite culinary skills like a lone sumari in a sea of foes. She slashed away the bad recipes and crafted good ones just as easily as she slashed her prices and home budget. But the biggest trouble had been the recent accident, but now it was all better. Or would be. The most important test had been getting not only Lyra's approval, but for Bon Bon to see it in her mare's eyes that it hit the spot something fierce. It had worked. Bon Bon's Bonbons was saved. And her cheek was licked, that was always nice.

She returned the lick affectionately, tongue glazing swiftly over her lover's beautiful cheek before she nuzzled herself on Lyra's forehead, beside the horn.

"True, true. I am the best Bon Bon of all time, though I dunno, these fellas are pretty close...hhaaaaateeehheee!" She squealed and giggled in mirth, squeezing Lyra with massive force. Bon Bon shot up on her back legs, Lyra held tight in her hug as Bon Bon started two-leggedly running towards the kitchen.

"This calls for a celebration!" Bon Bon shouted with intense satisfaction as she burst into the kitchen and plopped Lyra down on a chair. They needed to sit down for this. Everypony did. It was only natural. Bonnie started rifling through the drawers, which were all more or less empty or full of cooking supplies for her business. After a few moments of frantic searching she found her prize, a bottle of champagne. She slammed the bottle on the table.

"Lyra, magic please! For ze 'irsty thrrroats of Equestrrrians, my love!"

• 3 weeks later...

"True, true. I am the best Bon Bon of all time, though I dunno, these fellas are pretty close...hhaaaaateeehheee!"

Lyra smiled and laughed, playfully as Bonnie returned the lick and nuzzled her gently on the forehead. Bon Bon deserved to take pride in herself. She was the best there was ever and no pony was ever going to tell Lyra Heartstrings otherwise. When she squeezed Lyra tight, the unicorn gave a bit of a squeal until her mare let go to wander off to the kitchen. She took some full, deep breaths to recover as she regained her balance, smiling brightly the whole time through.

"This calls for a celebration! Lyra, magic please! For ze 'irsty thrrroats of Equestrrrians, my love!"

"With pleasure, my sweet Bonnie Bon!" Lyra started immediately, giving a joyful bounce toward the champagne her mare had retrieved. Her horn was soon glowing brightly with magic and before anypony knew it, the cork was flying free from the bottle! The champagne fizzed outward and overflowed out onto the table until Lyra grabbed it tight with her magic and began to pour it into a pair of glasses standing nearby. She raised on glass high into the air and gave a mirthful twirl.

"A toast to my sweet Bonnie Bon Bon and her best ever beautiful bonbons!" she started with a bright smile.

Lyra twirled in place ecstatically and Bon Bon returned the favor with a bow, back hoof extended off the floor to give her body the ability to go down low enough. It was a bow worthy of ten pretty princesses and she was more than pleaed to se it was Lyra on the receiving end of her jubilant Bonniness. AT the end of the day she couldn't think of a better mare to spend her happiest day ever with, not even her mom and her mom was pretty cool. She was the first pony to ever show Bon Bon a bonbon, and had even suggested the name Bon Bon's Bonbons to her in a fever dream while sick with the feather flu. But even she couldn't compare with Bonnie's desire to bow and twirl and dance and sing and do whatever she could do with her favorite mare in the world, her Lyra. Tonight they were sure to go out on the town and have all sorts of gangbustin' good times worthy of song. And dance. And singing dances.

"A toast! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!" Bon Bon said as she crashed her glass gently into Lyra's, then gulped down the delicious substance in one quick movement before putting the glass down and sighing. It was only now starting to hit her what a grand little event she hadjust partaken in. The world of chocolates would never be the same, and she would be the most famous mare in the world...the world of chocolates, anyway. Lyra would have to be along for the ride and if she was mare enough to handle it all, then she would prove that she was ready for the next step herself.

"Alright Lyra, we're gonna be super rich and famous ponies now. We gotta start searching for a new place! And we gotta go out and have some fun! And whatever else! I'm just so excited I can't stop yelling!" She said while bouncing about, eating some of her Bon Bons. Looks like that special ingredient really worked! She put a few more in Lyra's mouth, her own desires be darned momentarily.

"But seriously, what do you want to do tonight!?"

• 4 weeks later...

"A toast! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! Alright Lyra, we're gonna be super rich and famous ponies now. We gotta start searching for a new place! And we gotta go out and have some fun! And whatever else! I'm just so excited I can't stop yelling!"

Lyra giggled joyously and did a little twirl with her glass of champagne before downing it greedily. Honestly, she wasn't sure there was any one bonbon recipe that had the power to change anything and everything forever. If there was though, she had a lot of confidence this was it. it was easy to just get caught up in her Bonnie's excitement either way. There was a huge smile on her face and it didn't seem to be leaving anytime soon. Who knew if it would lead to fame and fortune, but it was sure easy to believe that it would definitely bring them good things.

Speaking of good things, Bon Bon shoved more of her amazing bonbons right into her mouth during all the excitement. Lyra ate them with excitement. Really, even after having many now the incredibleness of the taste wasn't getting any less incredible. Lyra could probably eat them forever if it was possible.

"But seriously, what do you want to do tonight!?"

Lyra snickered mischievously. "I can think of a number of things I want to do tonight," she said, nuzzling the other mare's cheek. "Most of them involve me sampling more bonbons..." she added with a playful smirk and more nuzzling.

"Really though, I'm up for whatever my Bon Bon wants to do," she added fondly.

What would she even name her new creations? Calling them bonbons seemed like a grave disservice. Wonderful Winkers? Nah, that sounded odd. It rhymed but what the hay did it even mean? Winkers? Didn't sound like a candy she knew of. or wanted to eat. Nope, being known as delicious bonbons would have to do for them. She would replace her old recipe with this recipe and while the cost was slightly higher, she believed that the sheer volume of her sales would increase to such a degree that she would be able to swim in a river of bits. The river would create a moat of bits around their soon to be mansion. In the mansion, bits would line the walls and their bowls. They wouldn't eat bits but all their food would by law have to be made in the shape of bits lest they forget what was around them. Lyra would wear a beautiful cocktail dress made up of bits which would glimmer in the moonlight and shine in the sun until all around would be as transfixed as Bon Bon was. Bonnie herself would wear a crown and have a scepter that, you guessed it, was made out of bits.

They'd have statues made out of bits. They'd hand out bits to every passerby and the Nobility and Royalty would ask for financial backing every once in a while. They would get it and be wonderful supplicants to the chocolate throne of Equestria's eternal chocolatier. She would have a whole franchise and her recipe would be known to only a select few, whose presence in a town would be heralded by hushed tones and rumors of grandeur. She would go down in history as having created the greatest culinary miracle this side of baked hay burgers and from now until the end of time statues of her and her Lyra would populate the inner sanctum of the castles of Equestria, where the tale of the chocolatier and her mare would be told with the greatest honor. Everypony knew that Celestia's sweet tooth was as royal as her passion for respecting the greats and here she was going to combine both. That was how she was going to be the greatest mare of all time: Chocolate! Of more immediate concern was their plans for the evening.

Slitted eyes huskily looked back at Lyra. Oh, the things they could do. And would do. She bit Lyra's ear playfully and tugged her in close.

"Well then, if you don't have much of an idea whatcha wanna do, well, I sure do," She whispered breathily into Lyra's ear, warm and suggestive. She waved Lyra on and started leading her mare to the bedroom.

"Wanna play?"

Archived