Nevara [Ready!]

Nevara

-Roleplay Type: Canterlot Chronicles-

Name: Nevara (Girl name; means "Snow")

Species: Unicorn

Eye colour: Ice/Light Blue

Character colour: Flesh colored (More referred to as “Najavo White” #FFDEAD)

Mane/Tail/Other: Brunette with light blue highlights. Physically wavy and very soft yet thick to the touch and is only about neck length. Her tail is the same except it slightly goes below her back leg joints.

Physique: She seems to be at an average stature and height for a teenaged pony with a slender body and front and back legs. Freckles seem to dot her cheeks and over the bridge between her eyes. A warm smile always appears when she is not thinking or upset as her icy eyes have a warm and gentle glow about them. She always keeps her papa’s teal striped scarf on at all times, even when outside is in the dead of a hot summer. Her hair, excluding mane and tail, is somewhat thick and wire-y, more suited to colder climates. Nevara’s curved horn sits with petiteness above her forehead and before her hairline starts. She appears to have icy blue-stained hooves as well that have her flesh-colored hair draped over them like thick wire curtains.

Residence: Canterlot

Cutie Mark: A sword crossing with a blue snowflake over the top. The snowflake represent her basic love of snow and ice and her ability to mold them into something beautiful while the swords symbolize her leadership, courage, and effort to not only show off those talents despite but to also try to perfect them and to be a leading example in whatever she does.

She earned this cutie mark after finding her talents in sculpting ice and snow and accepting that she had to be perseverant in them. When her very first statue was made, it was a small ice foal as big as she was. She didn't exactly find it to be spectacular or the way that she wanted it to look. Discouraged, she left the small statue out in the open in her front yard. In the morning, she awoke to find the entire population of the community at her door. They were somehow attracted to the statue, complimenting it to no end. Coining it with the name "The Snow Foal" they were awestruck as to how it was made and how delicate the process must have been. Her mother and father soon peered outside to see what the commotion was all about. They had finally seen what attracted the large crowd: The Snow Foal sitting in their yard. Nevara's father soon question her as to how that got there. Nevara replied honestly, saying that she was the one that made that crude piece of junk.

"Crude?Junk?"

Her father smiled with glee. He lowered his stallion-sized head and rubbed it on his young filly. He then went on to say that it was something that his own daughter had made. Her mother tossed her head to the side that pointed toward the crowd. She added on that even everyone thinks it's beautiful. She continued to say that she made something that everyone seemed to really like. The mother soon propped her up so she could see the crowd. Stallions, mares, fillies, colts, and foals of all ages came to see The Snow Foal. They had never been so impressed beforeand they wanted to know who was responsible. Once Nevara saw the smiles and grins of the numerous ponies, she knew that she had found her place. Even at her young age, she had realized that this may be her destiny. If this brought smiles, who knows what could come next if she worked on her newfound talents. Maybe she could do so much more. Soon a tingle spread across her flank. When she turned to look, her cutie mark soon appeared. It was finally something she earned all on her own.

Unique Traits: She has a huge specialization in ice and water magic, utilizing it in the benevolent art form of ice sculpting and other frozen creations mostly. She also has a quick mind and a quick mouth, able to lead a group effectively when given the chance to learn about what she’s up against and who she’s leading.

History:

Raised in Marelia, Nevara was a lone foal in a poor family of just two. At a very young age, she seemed to have been drawn to the snow, almost tantalizing by the white blanket it creates. At almost any point in time would she go out and play in it and, in her own way, studied it with undying curiosity through the activities of making snow ponies and what not. She did not discover her talents right away though. She was only exposed to the source of them.

When Nevara was old enough for schooling, her mother, Eternia, had taught her the ways of a unicorn, from learning her ABCs to the basics of magic. Her mother even let her exercise it on the snow outside, developing an elemental kind of magic. Her father, Fjord, on the other hand, raised her to be a soldier essentially. While her mother gave her an education, Fjord had given her a philosophy. He had years in the military underneath his belt and a retirement of working as the town's ice flow manager so he knew what he was talking about when he showed her the meaningfulness of life and how work can take her far in life. He taught Nevara what it meant to be a hard and diligent worker and how much it mattered when it came to a small community of stable horses and ice flow workers. He taught her when kindness was needed and when a hard reply was essential. He even taught her the basic skills of sword fighting, mostly by mouth, since he wasn't a unicorn like her so there would have been an unfair advantage. While her mother taught her the basics of magic control, he essentially taught her the ways of physical control and how you should hold yourself up, like if you were a warrior in battle. She was certainly a daddy’s girl though, especially when it came down to the heirloom of her father’s scarf, one that he wore when he was a young colt at her age. That scarf still means to her even to this day and continues to be a reminder of where her true home is.

When she had finally found what her destiny was, it came in the form of ice sculptures and snow art. She learned to manipulate, create, and mold snow and ice with just the magic of her horn and used her hooves for details she was not able to make magically. She spent most of her younger year perfecting and mastering the art until she was able to make life sized statues of the royal family of the mountain community and even bigger statues of the cutie marks that the princesses of Equestria had. The gigantic sculptures she would make for the community soon caught outside attention as Reverie, a young scholar from a private Canterlot academy, came to privately vacation and saw the sculptures of the cutie marks. It soon led her to the young and newly cutie-marked Nevara. She believed that this filly had more to her than meets the eye so she offered her to be her personal student and assistant. With permission of her parents, she was able to leave the community, finding a much bigger place than what was of her little home. Now in Canterlot, she tries to excel in her studies and wants to be able to prove what she’s made of as well as make friends.

Character Summary:

Nevara is what you might find in a leader. She has the compassion and yet the hardness and diligence. Her knowledge and wisdom from experience helps her excel in her leadership skills as well as her speech ability. She knows what to say and when to say it. Nevara might seem intimidating at first, but she is just as shy as other ponies might be. Her kindness exceeds all boundaries and her motherliness at times can seem very heart-warming and gentle at times. She knows when to strike and how to strike. But there are some flaws, such as accepting that she has perfected her work and yet there is still room underneath her belt for experience. Nevara can also get cocky at times, especially when her skills of being a leader is put into check. She can be sometimes overbearing and in truth doesn’t mean to. At times of great distress, she can become very emotional and unable to act accordingly. And when she is fired up or annoyed by ponies, she will let them know of it immediately by snapping at them with gnashed teeth and fixed, glaring eyes that she means business. Nevara also has a very brazen attitude when it comes to knowledge. She thinks she has it all made and can generate any type of magic but in truth can only generate her ice magic, which is benevolent at that. However, she tries to be wary of ponies that try to challenge her with this.

Nevara's activities can be seen most in her art and sculptures. She excels most at what she can do with her magic and even her hooves and teeth. She'll use anything and everything to get it to look exactly the way she wants it to. However, ever since her move to Canterlot, she has a huge access to her the academy's library. The library itself is adorned with books of the past, novels that philosophize what might happen in the future, magazines, dictionaries of either the word or mythological kind, how-to manuals for every breed of pony out there, and just about anything that wasn't too out-of-date or worn out. Whenever Nevara isn't outside practicing, she is inside hitting the books and studying to her heart's content. She was able to read at her own pace, and took time to learn just from her eyes and hooves. She loved to read and she felt good doing so. Except when she was reading the manuals. She would always try to keep that a secret since it was a very odd occurrence that a filly like herself needed to learn basic magic when other unicorns her age were far beyond that level and could levitate and flash away with just a blink of their eye. While it was customary to her education, she just wasn't that type of unicorn really, but that didn't stop her interest in reading about it. With the help of Ms. Reverie, Nevara also adored learning hoof-to-hoof so to speak. She listened to every word her scholar told her. And since she was privately tutored, she could ask every question that she had, even if they were simple. Sometimes, her know-it-all attitude hinders Ms. Reverie from teaching her thoroughly though. And other times, Nevara is very recipient of her lessons, able to absorb and recount the information she was given. She wants to do her teacher proud, like she did her parents proud.

Additional Things!:

Picture of her (with front view of her face; curtosy of the Pony Creator v3 by ~generalzoi):

aCZBXhE.png

Her Cutie Mark:

oYGmtRk.png

I also didn't know if it was okay to include the names of the ponies she had interacted with clear up until her departure into Canterlot. I can take the names out at any time. They do not have profiles of their own since I want to fix myself on just Nevara for right now.

Hello there! You have a very good character in mind. My critiques,

1. The character summary could be expanded. What does she like to do?

2. In you CM story, creating and entire statue of the governor seems a bit un-real. Think of it as this a child can't do that. So neither can a filly!

Thats all for now! Cheers,

Dashie

Hello there! You have a very good character in mind. My critiques,

1. The character summary could be expanded. What does she like to do?

2. In you CM story, creating and entire statue of the governor seems a bit un-real. Think of it as this a child can't do that. So neither can a filly!

Thats all for now! Cheers,

Dashie

Alright! I'll do a quick fix then!\

Edit: Thank you for letting me know too. :)

Quick Fixes!:

• The character summary has been expanded a bit.
  • Changed the CM story a bit. Tried to make it more realistic
  • Fixed any noticeable errors

Still okay though! It's ready anyway.

Edit (1-15-2014):

• Made a few more changes in the CM story.
  • Might add the double meaning to her cutie mark (not entirely sure if that was okay? The double meaning appears in her teenaged to young adult life so.) I don't think I'll do this.

Double Edit (1-15-2013):

• Changed the CM story. I think it makes a little more sense. If any RP Helpers want to push me in the right direction, please do so.

Triple Edit (1-16-2014):

• Changed a few sentences.
  • Added a few more details.
  • Added Roleplay Type.

Quick bump! I might add a few more things, but like I said in the post above, if any RP helper wants to come in and help mould the application better than by all means. I'm open to any changes that I might need to make. ^^;

FYI- We check from the bottom to the top, so bumping your thread actually hurts your chances of us finding it and working on it. :razz: We'll get to ya, don't worry.

Oh! Sorry. I wasn't trying to seem impatient but I at least wanted to keep the thread alive while I was waiting. :blush: There's really no rush. ;v;

In case you want to slap a name onto your OC's hometown mountain community, here's a location in our Lore that best fits the description you gave: http://www.canterlot...thills-marelia/

Oh! Thanks so much for that. I wasn't sure on using Lore names because people have different takes on the places and it can be a mess/can get messy. But yeah, that sounds like my OC's hometown. C:

Archived