The Fire Within

FlamingFury

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Never did any good for me." He replied with venom in his voice. "I'm glad I haven't seen 'em since I was left. Probably would've gotten myself thrown in prison. O'course, with how things are now, the guards wouldn't care unless we were still rich or important. This nation is corrupt, right down to the very bone!" He hissed.

"I don't care. I'd probably put poison in the tea and get me bloody head chopped off. This is no country for old stallions like me anymore." He examined his own wings. A feather was missing. He sighed. One feather wouldn't make much of a difference, but it was just a reminder that he was getting soft and he couldn't do anything to stop it.

(guess I might as well post anyways. I'm tired of waiting for FlamingFury.)

Pyro walked towards the dungeons with a purpose. He walked quickly, not even acknowledging the other guards he passed. They did nothing to stop him, which was good for them. At this point, anypony that got in his way was likely to get a face-full of fire, or a sword to the chest. He was not in the mood to keep up his act, and the loyal guards had become neutral enemies. As long as they did nothing against him or his allies, he would do nothing to them.

Then he reached the door and pushed it open with his magic, walking in without any hesitation. Glancing around, he saw Miro and other various captives, along with the guards that had been stationed down there that day. He grabbed the keys to the doors and started unlocking them. A guard attacked him, but the attack ended prematurely when Pyro lashed out, a hoof catching the guard across the face and sending him sprawling into an empty cell. Pyro closed the door and trapped the guard inside before returning to his task of freeing all the captives.

He got through about half the doors before the other guard worked up the nerve to try and stop him. Pyro didn't even bother to turn around on this one, he simply kicked out his back leg, connecting with the stallion's face and knocking him out.

He got all the doors opened before speaking. "You're all free. Leave." Pyro said before turning towards Miro and the older stallion. "C'mon you two, let's go. Let's get out of here."

He looked at him, a bit surprised, then nodded. "Aye, finally somepony that isn't a waste of space!" He said, moving towards the entrance to grab his sword. Despite being only for display, it was sturdy and sharp, thanks to his modifications when he worked as a blacksmith. He wiped the dirt off the blade that had gotten there when the guards carelessly threw it down. They were probably just setting it there so he would watch when they screwed around with it, then take it as 'evidence'.

Pyro looked back at the zebra as she spoke, causing him to smirk slightly. "Oh I was planning to get there eventually, this seems as good a time as I'm going to get to make my move." Pyro said. Then the stallion said something that made Pyro frown. Was that how he thanked the pony breaking him out of jail? What kind of way was that to show gratitude?

Pyro watched the old stallion retrieve a sword, eventually turning to Miro as he spoke up. Pyro walked over to him, stopping in the doorway to the cell. "And what do you think she would do to you after finding all the other captives gone? She'll know you would have seen who opened the doors, and she won't hesitate to get it out of you using any means necessary. The only chance you have to escape her is leaving with me. Think about it Miro, if you stay here, you're basically guaranteed to be tortured, for the information if nothing else, but if you come with us, you have a much greater chance of escaping harm." Pyro said. He wasn't going to leave Miro behind, no matter his choice. Miro couldn't stay, not after this.

Pyro smiled as Miro agreed to come. At least he wouldn't have to drag the colt along with him. He moved out of the doorway and looked around. He sighed at the guards he had knocked out. If they hadn't attacked him, he would've left them alone. He opened up the cell that the first guard was in just long enough to throw the second guard inside. He closed and locked the door before tossing the keys out the window.

Then he just waited around for the others to get ready. "Whenever you guys are ready to go. I'm waiting on you." Pyro said to the three after the zebra had promised to protect Miro from Celestia. He would do the same, except his retaliation would include fire, and lots of it.

"I-I am Miro, as mo-most of you know." He said rubbing a scar from a whip. He then collasped as he held his head. "Celesti- put spell on me. I can't get out of Canter-" He said as he saw her coming out looking at him with angry eyes.

(Who wants to play Celestia?)

(I'm terrible at playing multiple people in one RP.)

"So, the heart of Equestria's corruption. You are truly wretched." He said in disgust as he stood up on his hind legs and got into a fencing position.

Pyro looked over at the zebra as she basically said she was ready and then called him the leader of the group. Then the old stallion spoke up, introducing himself as Dust before asking for Pyro's name. "I'm Pyro Blaze. Just call me Pyro if you want." He said, keeping a close eye on Dust's sword. He could literally have his sword out in a flash, so he wasn't too worried about Dust already having his out.

Archived