The Fire Within

FlamingFury

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pyro looked over at the zebra as she spoke, asking why he hadn't just teleported them in the first place. He glared at her for a minute as his anger faded away. When it was gone, Pyro almost collapsed from exhaustion. He didn't usually teleport that many times so close together, let alone bringing three other ponies with him. Needless to say, the experience was leaving him feeling drained. It took the entire exchange between Dust and the zebra for Pyro to catch his breath enough to talk again.

"You know what? I don't care what you think of my actions. I hate Celestia, and that hate briefly overrode my desire to stay alive." Pyro said, honestly not caring about her opinion as far as his actions were concerned. He had been doing what he thought was right, just like his father had taught him. "Now, how about we get off the street before we get captured. We need to find someplace safe, Celestia is bound to send guards after us as soon as she can."

"Hey, I wasn't stopping you from escaping on your own. You didn't have to stay there while I fought her." Pyro said, sheathing his sword and putting his sunglasses back on his face. He stood and walked alongside Dust as he searched for someplace to hole up. At least Dust had helped him fight. Besides, Dust had attacked first, it's not like he had actually initiated the conflict, he had simply aided his ally in the fight. He needed someplace to rest so he could regain his magic. As it was, he barely had enough energy to walk, and he only had enough magic for levitation spells.

Pyro stopped when Dust stabbed his sword into the ground. That was a good question, where should they go? It seemed all his time was spent in the castle after Celestia went crazy. He barely knew the city anymore, even though he spent his childhood there. Thankfully, Miro seemed to have a place in mind. Pyro followed his gaze and found... an old potion shop? Well, it was better than staying on the street. "Looks good enough, let's get off the street now." Pyro said, starting to walk towards the shop.

Pyro followed Miro down the trapdoor and found himself in a crystal cave. He had heard there were some under the city, but this was the first one he had seen. He was too tired to enjoy the scenery though, and he just wanted to sleep.

"That's nice Miro, but are we going to rest down here? I don't know about Dust, but I need to rest before we get to work on whatever it is we do next." Pyro said, stifling a yawn.

Pyro sighed at the zebra's words. She would be tired too if she helped fight, then teleported four other ponies halfway across a city. Teleportation was the most energy intensive spell he knew. He waved her off as she went to explore before turning to Dust as he spoke. "Then let's rest. We both need it." Pyro said. He moved off to the side of the cave and laid down, almost immediately falling asleep.

He moved a dozen meters away from the group, then lowered himself down on his side and rolled onto his back. His leg was snapped, he had been kicked and ganged up on, and he had walked around with a sword in his mouth. He just wanted to rest now, and after a bit, he did.

(Wait, who did you find, Flaming? We are all in an underground tunnel somewhere in the city. Your character never left the castle, unless you want to say she did and somehow found the tunnel we are in.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived