Radiant Steel

RarityDash

My first crack at a FiM RP character... I hope nothing too similar to this has been done before. I'm willing to change just about anything if necessary, as well as add anything that might be missing.

Name: Radiant Steel (shortens to Radiant. Steel is treated like a surname).

Post colour: FF0000

Sex: female

Species: Pegasus

Pelt colour: Dull white

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style: Deep red in colour. Mane is worn long and very straight in the back, and moderately long and swept to the side in the front. Tail is kept quite short.

Eye colour: Bright Green

Cutie Mark: A silver shield with a gold and black stripe going across it horizontally (usually obscured by the armor she wears).

Physique: Strong and athletic in build but average in size. She typically wears the ceremonial golden armor of the Garrison Forces, including the hoof armor but excluding the helmet.

Origin: Canterlot

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Occupation: Member of the Royal Equestrian Army Garrison Forces working as a guard out of Canterlot Castle

Motivation: She feels an upmost duty to serve Equestria faithfully and stop those who wish it harm

Likes: sweet foods, cute things, the Equestrian Royalty, unicorn magic

Dislikes: bitter foods, disrespectfulness, cruelty

Character Summary: Radiant is a very direct young mare. She tries her best to make due with as few words spoken as possible. Despite this, sometimes she is prone to over analyzing things in her head, which can trip her up. True to her profession, she does her best to remain ever firm and stern. She is weak to tasty sweets and things she thinks are cute (particularly small animals), both of which are capable of tearing through her tough persona. She has a very strong sense of honor, and is very proud of her job. She adores the princesses she has sworn to protect above all else, even if she has never talked to them on a personal level. She has a low tolerance for those who disrespect her, the princesses or just generally break Equestrian law. She is quick to use force when necessary to stop troublemakers and criminals.

Radiant was born a daughter of the Steel family which had served the Castle Canterlot for generations as soldiers of the REA. Her father, a Major in the Garrison Forces by the name of Rufous Steeledge pushed her and her two brothers to follow in his footsteps from early on. However, as a filly, Radiant was not very interested in taking up the family profession. It just didn't seem cute or feminine enough to her. Her mother, a unicorn named Lucid Glow, pushed her to try following her own childhood dreams of baking sweets or tending to adorable animals. Despite her best efforts, she was chagrinned to learn that she had no talent whatsoever for baking and animals seemed to instinctively hate and attack her.

Distraught and feeling lost at her continual failures, Radiant one day came across a scene that greatly altered her perspective. Some colts and fillies from her school were defacing a section of the back wall of the very castle her family worked so hard to keep safe, all for a laugh. It was only then that Radiant realized the depth of her pride for what her family did. Infuriated, the young filly recklessly charged in to stop the vandals. Outnumbered, she was clearly bound to lose the fight, but even knowing this she stood strong and allowed not one of them to escape before guards from the castle noticed the commotion and flew in to apprehend the disrespectful youth.

Though beaten up badly, in the aftermath of that incident Radiant never felt more satisfied with herself. Her cutie mark, a sturdy shield appeared on her flank that day and with it her attitude changed. She had a new found respect for her father and what he did and decided she wanted to follow in his footsteps. She began training to become accepted into the Royal Equestria Army, knowing that as a mare she was going to have to work extra hard to be accepted in a profession so dependent on strength and so dominated by stallions. Through shear determination and her father's recommendation she eventually made the cut.

She is still fairly new at the job and perhaps not yet as disciplined as some of her fellow soldiers. Her brash, reckless and sometimes too passionate attitude can cause her to butt heads with others, and none more so than her own stern, no-nonsense father. She tends to forego the helmet that goes with the guard 's armor out of personal preferences whenever she can get away with it. Though not nearly as big as the stallions she works with, she is quick on her hooves or her wings and can be quite fierce in a fight. She is committed to using her strength to protect the princesses or anyone else she is assigned to guard.

I tried making a picture of her from a template, but it sucked...

Request_RadiantSteel.png

Luckily, ChelseaGold made this absolutely awesome picture for me instead.

Pony chubby version courtesy of Brauner02: post-1208-0-36256700-1321471016.png

And here's a lovely watercolour of her by Rainbolt! :)

B5A62AD0-41DA-47D3-A339-8C8AA4859FA4-130-00000002A3539DEF.jpg

• Like 1

Ah. Yeah, I didn't see yours earlier. But reading it, from the sound of things, aside from being guards, the two characters couldn't be much more different. Which is cool.

Well, I can't think of anything else to add to her, so I removed the Work In Progress tag and have now added a final tag. She's pretty much done unless there's something someone says I'm missing. Please tell me if that's the case.