[Whitetail Woods] Starry Starry Night.

MudBug

The young pegasi was hoping that her paper had been noticed on the notice board of Ponyville, she'd done it very nice and neatly...well as neatly as one can when writing with your mouth. It had read simply -

Help Wanted

Somepony to help with the constellation data and star count for the evening, aswell as nocturnal animal care.

A good nap during the day and a packed lunch is advised, but food will be provided.

Report to Meadow's Edge, Whitetail Woods at Sundown on the dot.

Note - Please do not apply, if you have a phobia of Nocturnal Animals (i.e. - Bats )

Twinkle had gotten everything ready, worms, fruit, scarves, hats and all the snacks for anybody that would have bothered to read her written plea. It's not like she didn't enjoy doing things on her own...it's just it got a little boring and nowadays it was very hard to count ALL the stars and keep track of all the constellation measurements whilst still having time to make sure everything was in order with the bats and the fire flies and the owls.

ASWELL as the night weather. Night weather was the hardest to keep track off when most pegasi slept during the night and she slept during the day, so was often bright and peppy for the events.

Oh well. She'd hopefully have someone come around this evening. Sat out at the edge of the meadow where the grass met the woods, she smiled and waited patiently for...well...anyone. Wings tucked gently to her sides.

Moon Brook

Moon Brook eagerly trotted along the path towards the Whitetail Woods, her bags stuffed full with books, star charts and her collapsing high-strength telescope. She had moved into Ponyville just last month and had been busy remodeling her little cottage into a observatory, but on a chance trip through the Town Square lead her to the notice board where she saw the notice.

Brook flicked her hair out of her face, her horn lit up brightly like a flashlight to light the path in front of her. Despite being a night-time pony, she had horrible night vision. She probably should get more carrots into her diet...

*Thunk*

Caught up thinking, Brook tripped on a rock in the path, nearly toppling over onto her face before she caught herself, swaying slightly because of her stuffed bags. Resettling herself, she carried on, leaving the path when she came to the edge of the Whitetail Woods.

"Now... where is this pony... They should have put out lights or something to let ponies know where they were..." She said to herself, squinting to try and see any familiar, pony-shaped forms in the darkness.

• 2 weeks later...

For a few moments, Twinkle was beggining to worry that her advert had not found any fruitful takers and her head hung dejectedly until a distant *THUNK* caught her attention. It was subtle, but one of her ears swivelled in the direction, making her, ofcourse, turn her head in the same way before she noticed a rather bag addled pony coming in the direction of the woods.

Could she be....? She had to be! Not a lot of ponies came out here at this time of night, she would know! She practically stayed up all night!

Tail twitching away happily she flapped her leathery wings and took off in the direction of the figure, slowly however, she didn't want to startle the other by just suddenly poking out of nowhere!

Swooping happily over the grass she let her hooves gently touch the blades of grass that tickled them briefly before stopping a good ten feet from the other mare now that she was close enough to make out some of those important features atleast.

Hovering above the ground she waved a hoof eagerly.

"Hello there! Are you here for the Help Wanted sign I left in Ponyville?" She asked eagerly. Pink eyes blinking away as she watched on, hoping soooooooooo much that this pony was here for that reason!

Moon Brook

Brook started, nearly tripping again when a friendly voice called out from the darkness.

"Whoosat?!" She said, swinging her head around to flash her horn-light all around. She finally managed to find the voice's owner - a pegasus hovering just over the grass, squinting in Brook's bright horn-light shining in her face.

"Oh! Sorry!" Moon apologized, turning down the light's brightness so that she wasn't blinding the other pony. "Yeah, I'm here for that! I don't get out much, but I'm so glad I found somepony else around here who is interested in the night sky! I even brought all of my favourite astrology equipment too!" She said, shaking her bags a little so they klunked around, showing how much she had stuffed in them.

"I'm not too well versed in the care of night-time animals, but I'm not afraid of them. I've seen more than my fair share of bats, owls and fireflies on my nightly studies."