[Appleoosa]Preparing for a show...(open)

Ashton

TRixie laughed a little awkwardly "well... it's not fillydephia... that's just the next show" she sighed "the special somepony I'm talking about lives in a little town along the way called Ponyville" she looked around, "...and... it's.. it's not..." she paused a moment "It's a mare..." she admitted. She shook a moment, scared, but decided she'd already revealed so much she might as well go for broke... looking very red and barely able to speak, she finally whispered "...twilight Sparkle..."

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The revelation from Trixie truly shocked Louise LaMare. Imagine, having a crush on a Equestrian Princess! The brown Pegasus mare wondered if Trixie had heard the news that Twilight Sparkle was now a royal alicorn. She tried to hide her amazement, after all, the blue unicorn mare was pouring her heart out to her. But she had to be sure that she heard correctly.

"You mean, Princess Twilight Sparkle?" Louise whispered in very low tone.

For a moment TRixie was silent, looking very confused "P-P-Prin..." she hsook her head "what are you talking about?" she asked, her eyes seemed to deepen into pits, she had thought Twilight was out of her league before, but now... if she was a princess...

Trixie turned away, looking at the floor her back shook and heaved, she was silent, but it was clear she was crying now...

"Oh my, you didn't know?" Louise whispered, not sure why this news was so distressing to Trixie. "Twilight Sparkle became a royal Princess about a year ago. I don't know the details, all I know is she was officially presented as a Princess at a ceremony in Canterlot. She's an alicorn now. I'm sorry if this news upsets you, but I thought you needed to know. Madam Bistro may have an old newspaper around here that has an article written about it."

Doc Holly Day and ThunderClap were too busy with the 'art tour' to notice or hear any of the girl's conversation.

Trixie took a moment to calm herself "...I... I'm happy... for her... really..." she said, fighting to stay calm "but... I knew... before... that she was... out of my league..." she paused fighting back the tears "...now She probably wont even look at me... She'll just see me as some peasant beneath her hoof..." it was clear her worry and imagination was running away from her considering even celestia herself did not see her subjects like that "...but... I'm glad... that you told me..." she said, tears starting again "At least... now I wont make a fool of myself... my showing up there... and thinking I had a shot... at anything other than groveling before her..." the look in trixie's bloodshot eyes was clear that her dreams had been shattered, and she was struggling to pick up the pieces and not have a complete breakdown... well... more complete than she was already having...

Louise quickly realized what was happening with Trixie. It's always hard when a pony's dreams are shattered, no matter what the reasons are. Fortunately for them, Doc Holly Day loved to lecture about the history of art so he was still keeping their buffalo friend ThunderClap busy and looking away from the two mares. Unsure of what to say or do next, the brown pelted Pegasus mare extended one of her wings to gently embrace the distraught Trixie.

"It'll be ok, Trixie," Louise said softly, "I know this may not be much comfort to you, but this will all get better in time, trust me,"

((The irony here is I'm betting no matter the player (or even if this somehow happened in the show/comics) that Twilight would never, EVER, look at trixie as some peasant-trash just because Twiley's an alicorn now.))

Trixie sat there a moment, crying, slowly the tears began to dry up as she forced her feelings down, as a waiter passed she pulled him over "Whiskey" she said "Strongest you got" she then let him go and sighed "I should have know... things never work out for me... I couldn't get into Celestia's school... I grew up on the road with no real family... I make enemies everywhere I went, including out of the mare I'd end up falling in love with... and just when I think maybe there's a slim chance that just one of my dreams will come true... I find out that it's been snatched away from from me..." the tears continued but they were slower now and manageable "do you know what that feels like? Especially when it happens over, and over, and over, and over?"

"I can't say that I do, Trixie," Louise sadly admitted, "But I can say that as an author, I've written about characters who have experienced the type of emotions you are feeling right now. In my novel, "Tale of the Lonesome Mare," the main character, a unicorn mare named Prairie Dawn, fell madly in love with the local Marshall, a stallion named Tin Star. She dreamed of settling down with him, raising a family and having a life together. But alas, the Marshall's job in law enforcement kept him travelling all the time. Tin Star was married to his work, and had no time for romance. The story ended with Prairie Dawn finally accepting this and meeting a new stallion, Blue Horizon. I know real life isn't always a storybook ending, but you can survive this, and be a better pony for it in the end."

Trixie sighed but nodded "I still have to tell her... I need to see her again, even if its from afar... she saved me from the worst monster i have ever faced... or ever will face... myself" she paused "she may rip up a latter, she may hurl deathbeams at me, but I still have to tell her... I owe her the truth, even if she laughs in my face and tries to end me, she needs to know what she did for me... how she saved me... and that i care about that..." she sighed "I was.. less than kind and greatful to her in the past... i want her to know i changed, even if it's meaningless to her now..." she sighed "I... I need closure..."

"Well Trixie, I gotta believe that since Twilight Sparkle's an alicorn princess now, she probably knows already how you feel about her saving you from yourself," Louise LaMare said calmly. "But if you truly need to see her face to face again for closure, I'm certain she wouldn't reject you. As far as your deeper emotional ties to her, that'd be up to her. You can't let this eat you up inside, that's very unhealthy. One way or another, you really seem to need to come to terms with this situation."

Trixie nodded, her tears slowly drying up now "I know... but this has raised so many more questions... even if she smites me as soon as she sees me... I cant go on not knowing... your right, it's eating me up inside, even when the answer is 'go to hell' it will at least give me the closure I need" she said, taking a napkin from nearby and trying her eyes and blowing her nose "I'm sorry I put this burden on you, I really am" she smiled a little "Thank you"

"You're welcome, Trixie, that's what friends are for," Louise said, offering the blue unicorn mare a gentle hug. "If you feel up to it now, shall we rejoin the others?"

Doc Holly Day and ThunderClap returned to the table, just in time for their ice cream orders to arrive.

"Looks like I timed this here perfect! Dig in, pal!" Doc Holly Day neighed.

"It looks wonderful!" ThunderClap mooed, "I must thank the Great and Powerful Trixie again for this treat!"

"Hay Louise, Miss Trixie, come on over, our ice cream's here!"

Trixie hessitated just a second, still not used to the frindly nature of, well, most ponies, but returned the hug "thank you again" she said quietly

When the others returned, Trixie seemed to throw a proverbial switch, quickly putting her proverbial mask back in place "Think nothing of it, young one, The great and Powerful Trixie is happy to do what she can for her adoring fans" she said "in fact, if you'd like..." her horn glowed as she pulled a deck of cards from her bag and fanning it out "I might even be willing to do a trick or two for you" she smiled again, though this time there was some honesty in it, she really did love performing, and from the looks of it she did like to make the buffalo foal happy

When Trixie announced she would be performing a card trick, the young buffalo bull mooed in delight!

"A magic trick! I would enjoy very much seeing more magical tricks, oh Great and Powerful Trixie!" he shouted, jumping up and down for joy.

"Take it easy, ThunderClap!" Doc Holly Day cautioned, "keep a jumpin' like that and ya might put hoof holes through the floor boards!"

"Please settle down, ThunderClap," Louise LaMare said in a calming voice, "you might shake the table and disrupt the magic trick."

"Oh, I am sorry," the young buffalo said as he now stood still, his big blue eyes fixed on Trixie.

((sorry for not posting yesterday/today, for some reason my laptop is refusing to log into the site...))

((hope you dont mind this tiny bit of powergaming so you dont have two posts of like 5 words)

Trixie smiled "it's alright" she said as she offered the cards to the foal "ok, pick one" when thunder picked one, trixie smiled "ok, now remember what card it is" she took the card back and put it back in the deck "Ok lets see here" she smiled as she shuffled "Is this... oh no, that's not your card, it's the wrong suit" she said with a smirk as she laid the card on the table "let me try again" she shuffled again "Ah, here we... no, wrong suit again" she repeated the shuffling again "This time for sure... oh drat still the wrong suit" she said, flipping the deck face-up and spreading it on the table "that's odd, your card is missing, would you mind checking in your pocket?"

Indeed when the foal looked he would find the card sitting there, face up.

Trixie just smiled

(ooc): I don't mind at all! Makes this scene work a lot smoother!

When ThunderClap found his card again, he mooed in sheer delight.

"That was, truly amazing!" the buffalo bull shouted. "You truly are a master of magic, oh Great and Powerful Trixie!"

"Whoa! I gotta admit thar Miss Trixie, that was a terrific trick!" added Doc Holly Day.

"Awesome!" Louise LaMare neighed.

"Oh Great and Powerful Trixie," ThunderClap began to ask, "if it is not too much trouble, could you do another trick for us?"

Trixie smiled "well I suppose so, but I'm going to need some props" she said as her horn glowed and magically a silk scarf the same color as the mare's pelt was pulled from the foal's nose

"This is both a magic trick and a lesson" she said with a smile "as you see I have a simple scarf" she said "But lets pretend I'm lazy and I want to just make bits out of thin air" her horn glowed and from behind one of thunder's horns floated a bit, "of course I'm not happy with just one bit" she said, placing the scarf over it, and when she pulled it away there were two "So here I am, making all the money I want with no effort at all" she explained, placing the bits in the scarf and tieing it up "but when I go to try to spend those bits..." she opened the scarf and it was empty "If you dont work for something you never get anything" she smiled, again pulling a bit from behind thunder's horn, but this time smiling as she peeled the wrapper away and revealed the coin was chocolate, leaving it for the young buffalow to eat.

Once again, the eyes of the young buffalo bull grew wide as he and his pony friends watched Trixie's latest magic trick with amazement. ThunderClap mooed with glee when presented with the chocolate coin bit, quickly unwrapping it and eating it.

"That was an outstanding magic trick, oh Great and Powerful Trixie!" the young buffalo mooed. "And I will remember the lesson too! We buffalo do believe in hard work to achieve our goals!"

"Astouding!" added Louise, clapping her front hooves together and delighted to see the blue unicorn looking happy again.

"Miss Trixie, we all sure thank ya fer all these tricks, and fer treatin' us all ta ice cream!" Doc Holly Day neighed, "and jist look how happy ya make ThunderClap here!"

The young buffalo so appreciated Trixie that he rushed over to give the blue unicorn a gentle hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" he said in his embrace.

Trixie smiled, a genuine warm smile, most ponies would have started blushing at the praise, but Trixie reveled in it, there was no doubt in her love of showmareship. "Thank you, Thank you all" she said "and it was my pleasure, Doctor" she said "It would have been wrong if I'd let you all foot the bill when I was actually eating the most" this time she did turn a little red, looking at her rather large drink and large ice-cream bowl...

Trixie returned the hug, she was suprised with herself, she used to really not like foals, of course she still was bitter about those foals who ruined her first trip to ponyville, but she didn't feel any resentment towards thunder "your very welcome" she said, gently rubbing his back with her hooves

ThunderClap smiled as the buffalo released the hug.

"I will be looking forward to your show tomorrow, oh Great and Powerful Trixie!" he mooed, "I will talk to my tribe and see if I can persuade more of my buffalo brothers and sisters to attend!"

"Now that's a good idear, little guy," added Doc Holly Day. "And I'll bet I kin git more of mah friends to come too!"

"Indeed!" Louise LaMare neighed in agreement. "And all three of us will be hapy to help you set up for that performance tomorrow, just like we helped you today, right guys?"

Doc Holly Day and ThunderClap nodded in agreement.

Trixie smiled a warm smile, a faint redness comming to her cheeks "Thank you, thank you all" she said "your the best friends a pony could have" she paused "I..." she chuckle "Just thank you" she said, wondering if she was dreaming. After everything that had happened, was this really going to work out? was she really going to be allowed a second chance in life? maybe things weren't quite as bad as she feared they would be... of course this town seemingly hadn't heard of her... misfortune with the alicorn amulet some time back, and she worried that her new friends were being overly optimistic. Even so, her spirits were lifted, maybe she did have a chance... maybe she would even stop in on ponyville on the way to her show in Fillydelphia in a couple weeks... She was still very scared and worried, but she was starting to see a glimmer of hope

As the group finished their ice cream, darkness came upon the quiet town of Appleoosa.

"Well, reckon its time fer all of us ta hit the hay," Doc Holly Day said as he yawned. "Thanks fer all the hospitality, Miss Trixie!"

"Yes, thank you again for all the ice cream and magic tricks!" ThunderClap mooed.

"Trixie, are you sure you won't consider staying at Madam Bistro's tonight?" Louise LaMare asked. "She does have clean, comfortable rooms for the night. I'm sure she still has a room available."

Trixie smiled, gently rubbing the foal's mane "your more than welcome, thunder" she said, thinking how nice he was - if all foals were as courteous and nice as this one, she might actually like to have one someday, though she'd seen so many at her shows that were... less courteous and much more of a pain i the flank, so she was still holding off on foals until... well... probably never...

The mare of magic looked at the stallion and smiled "Thank you, Doctor, I really appreciate the help, and the night, Sleep well, and I'll look forward to seeing you tomorrow evening at the same time"

Finally she turned to the pegasus mare "it's fine, I've gotten very uncomfortable sleeping anywhere but my wagon... a lot happened in the past and it's the only place I feel safe" she laughed "I imagine the strange looks ponies would have if I ever did open a shop or get my appointment and they entered my private room to find my wagon in there" she giggled, though still smiling.

"Well, alright then, see you tomorrow," Louise said with a smile.

"An' we'll be there ta help ya out," added Doc Holly Day, "you have a good night."

"I look forward to helping out tomorrow, oh Great and Powerful Trixie!" ThunderClap mooed. "Going to love seeing more magic!"

"Shall we walk with you to your wagon? It is rather late in the evening."

"Reckon that'd be the polite thing ta do."

"YES! We'll gladly walk you home!"

Trixie smiled "well, I suppose" she said, looking at the buffalo "you know... you've been so kind to me, maybe I'll give you something special" she smiled "how would you like a magic trick that _you_ can do" she smiled reassuringly

Archived