[Appleoosa]Preparing for a show...(open)

Ashton

ThunderClap was happy to hear Trixie thanking them. The young buffalo bull was rather new to all this 'friendship' stuff, but was learning very fast. After a moment, the three released their embrace.

"I wish you did not have to leave, but since you are a traveling magician, I understand," ThunderClap said as tears began to form in his eyes.

"I do travel a bit myself sometimes during book tours," Louise LaMare said with a smile, "perhaps someday if I happen to be in the same town you are, I could catch your show and maybe we could hang out together for a while."

"And we'll be sure ta write ya often," Doc Holly Day said with a tip of his hat. "Kinda wish you could stay in town fer at least one more day. I know the townfolks would love to see an encore performance, maybe even with a bigger crowd than tonight! Would ya consider it?"

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trixie smiled as she placed a hoof on the foal's back "as long as trixie..." she shook her head "As long as I am your friend, I'll never be completely gone" she said "I'll always be right here" she gently toched his chest "in your heart. Forever"

the mare looked at the others, looking unsure "Tr-I will consider an encore performance" she smiled a little "but no promises right now... if anypony throws a burning branch into my trailer again tonight, I'll have to leave before sunnup" she explained. One might have thought it was a bad joke, but the look in trixie's eyes made it clear she was unfortuantely serious...

ThunderClap gave Trixie another warm hug after she told him she'd always be with him, in his heart. Even Louise and Doc were nearly moved to tears at that heartwarming scene. But when the magical mare mentioned someone throwing a burning branch into her wagon, the young buffalo bull released the hug and stood on all fours, snorting.

"No pony better try something so evil! I will stand guard over your wagon all night to prevent such a tragedy from occurring!"

The buffalo's bold proclamation compelled the others at the table to respond.

"I don't think you have anything to fear here in Appleoosa, Miss Trixie," Louise LaMare said confidently, "As I sat in the audience, I sensed no hostility whatsoever!"

"An' I'll betcha our Sheriff's gonna keep watch over yur wagon tonight so you'll be safe, too!" added Doc Holly Day. "You see, Miss Trixie, Appleoosa is a town that was founded on second chances. All of us original settlers here felt, well, kinda out of place where we were before we answered the call to come here and build this town together. Many of us were considered failures and losers in life before we came here to start, a new life. You'll find we're quite capable of givin' folks a second chance. That holds true fer you too."

Trixie was silent a moment. They clearly had no idea what she'd done. They'd never let somepony stay there who had tried to conquer a town, enslaved it's populus, and lost her mind entirely to a crazy atyifact... and still felt uncomfortable around wheels...

"Thank you" she said, smiling and gently rubbing the foal's head, though a few tears still rolled from her eyes "I dont deserve such kindness" she was quiet again a moment "I'll stay one more day, but I'm afraid that's all... I cant risk it" she didnt finish her thought, but she was scared if she got too attached bad things would happen just like had happened in ponyville... things she hadn't even started... but that she had sadly finished...

"YAY!" ThunderClap cheered as the buffalo bull danced around.

"Happy ta hear ya say that, Miss Trixie!" Doc Holly Day neighed. "I know you'll have another sellout show tomorrow!"

"And since you're going to be staying another day, why not get a nice, comfortable room here at Madam Bistro's?" Louise LaMare asked. "I can talk to the owner, I believe she'll let you have a room for free tonight!"

"That's true, Miss LaMare! Madam Bistro's a big fan of magic shows! Stayin' here would be better than sleepin' in that wagon of yours. And don't ya worry none about security, I know the Sheriff will be watchin' yur wagon ta keep it safe!"

"And I'll help too!" added ThunderClap.

The mare laughed a little, smiling, the first genuine smile they'd seen. It wasn't the same, before her smile was always hollow like a mask, it might as well have been painted on her face. Now though, there was a genuineness about it, something different in her eyes, this time she was actually happy, genuinely happy, for the first time.

Trixie sighed, but kept smiling "Trix..." she paused "I'll stay in my wagon... I feel safer there" she said "you may not have heard about it, but I did some things I shouldn't have. I made a lot of enemies. I like to have things close to keep me comfortable" she explained "thank you though, it means a lot" she said, though there was a hint of worry in her voice, worry that when they found out what she had done that they would turn on her... it wouldn't be the first time it had happened, after all. News didnt always travel fast when it didn't involve somepony nearby, but when that pony shows up, the news tends to pick up the pace... she wondered how long it would be, if she would even make it out of town before she was ridden out on a rail... she smiled. maybe it was worth the chance... just this once.

"Well, we can certainly understand the need to feel safe," Louise LaMare said with a smile, "we totally respect that."

"Miss Trixie, we have a wise old saying among the elders of my herd," ThunderClap said as the young buffalo bull began to recite it from memory, "The past, is history, the future is a mystery, today is a gift, that is why it is called, the present."

"Them's some really great words of wisdom thar, pal," Doc Holly Day added. "Miss Trixie, I figger thar's probably some ponies round here who know about yur past, an' they don't care a flyin' fig about it! Like I said before, Appleoosa is a place where ponies look fer a second chance. Unless ya misbehave here, chances are ain't on pony gonna fault ya fer yur past."

Trixie smiled "that's beautiful, Thunder" she said, looking at the others and sighing "I really wish more ponies believed id giving second chances" she said. She paused "but Trix..." she looked a little embarrassed "sorry, old habit... I mean... I tired of this sad conversation, tell me about this town, lets talk about something happy until we part"

The suggestion of changing the subject delighted Doc Holly Day, Louise LaMare and ThunderClap.

"Well Miss Trixie, we buffalo have lived in this area for many generations," ThunderClap began to explain. "We've all lived at peace here for a very long time. When the settler ponies came many moons ago, we were all very, concerned at first. We all watched from a distance, not knowing what their intentions were. Aside from the incident with the apple orcherd, our two groups have lived in peace together."

"Like I mentioned before, Miss Trixie, all of the ponies you see in town came together and built Appleoosa a few years ago. Speaking fer me, before I came here, I had a successful practice in Canterlot. But I longed fer somethin' else, somethin' better, especially when I started readin' all of Miss LaMare's Pioneer Pony Days novels! So when I got word that a group of ponies was goin' out West to start a pioneer pony town, I sold my practice and joined in the caravan!"

"And when I heard how these settler ponies were inspired to found Appleoosa by MY books, I just had to come here to live with them! It's like a dream come true for me! And this town's got a lot to offer! We have a General Store, a bank, the train stations, several restaurant and hotels too! We're also getting a growing number of tourists who enjoy Appleoosa as much as we do!"

"An' it also helps Miss LaMare's happiness that she's gotta crush on the Sheriff," Doc Holly Day giggled.

"I do not understand, Doctor. Miss LaMare wants to crush Sheriff Silverstar? Would that not cause great pain for him?"

Louise wanted to answer the buffalo bull, but she was blushing too much to speak at the moment.

Trixie wanted to explain the meaning of the words to the foal, but she felt her own face growing warm... when they spoke of having crushes, she pulled her had down to try and cover her face, she didnt need the others to see that she had somepony of her own that she had some concerns for... she kept quiet and hoped for the conversatin to shift elsewhere before she was forced to answer any awkward questions...

Seeing how both Louise LaMare and Trixie were looking a bit uncomfortable talking about 'crushes' and such, Doc Holly Day instantly decided to change the subject.

"I'll tell ya what crushes are later, kid," the mustached unicorn stallion whispered to ThunderClap before turning towards the mares at the table. "So Miss Trisie, how do ya like the weather here in Appleoosa? Many visitin' poines say it's too dry out here. Gotta admit, we don't git as much rain as other parts of Equestria, but we sure do git enough fer our water an' crop growin' needs."

"Now that you mention it, Doc, haven't seen any weather ponies hanging around here," added Louise LaMare. "Though we did get visited by some last year, but they came to observe a passing comet, not to do any weather related activities."

"Weather ponies?" ThunderClap asked. "You have winged ponies who control the weather? We buffalo have nothing like this! Miss Trixie, do you know of these, weather ponies?"

Trixie did relax a little at the subject, the blush fading from her face "Well it _is_ a little warm for my taste, though it's nto too bad" she said "I'd rather have it a little too warm than a little too cold"

she looked over at the foal and smiled "I know *about* them but I dont know any personally" there was a tiny hind of a lie in there, she did know a little bit about one weather mare in particular, but she didnt really want to talk about that since she'd done some bad things to her and her friends, no doubt garnering quite a bit of hate... "In most of equestria" she said, a small magic window appearing "pegasai control the weather,bringing clouds from cloudsdale for verious storms, though sometimes unnatural storms blow in from places with strong magic, such as the everfree or certain wizarding schools" she said, the magic window illustrating for her as she explained, pausing to see if thunder was following her explanation

The three were amazed at Trixie's magically illustrated explanation, especially ThunderClap who's eyes opened wide in jaw dropping amazement.

"What a wonderous magical talent you have!" the buffalo bull mooed. "It is no wonder they call you the Great and Powerful Trixie!"

"I must admit, that was a great presentation thar, Miss Trixie," added Doc Holly Day.

"Though it is true that Pegasi are the only weather ponies," Louise LaMare said, "not all Pegasi are weather ponies. I did train to be one in my younger days, but I wanted to be a writer, more than anything in the world, so I quit the Weather Bureau to devote myself to writing novels. At first, I had a hard time selling anything to publishers, but I kept at it and eventually I got my first Pioneer pony novel printed and it became a best seller! We ponies are not limited by our species in the things we can accomplish."

"Gee, I wonder if I can become someone special, like you three are," ThunderClap said, "I know I don't have wings like you, Miss LaMare, or magic like you, Miss Trixie, or the skills of a doctor like you, Doc Holly Day, but I would sure like to see what my potential is in your world, away from my herd."

Trixie smiled "ime sure your already special in your own way" she said "celestia has a plan for us all, we just have to discover what is it"

She smiled at the others as well "thank you, I diddnt thinmk it was all that apecial..." she said awkwardly "indeed, I once met a pegasus who didnt even fly if she coudl avoid, she spent her time taking care of animals instead of working on the weather" she explained, feeling a little guilty about all the trouble she had caused them uring her two visits...

"That sounds like Fluttershy to me!" Louise LaMare neighed happily, "I met her once during a book signing in Ponyville. Seems like a very shy pony, kind of hard to believe she was one of the six ponies who helped vanquish Nightmare Moon and Discord, but it must be so."

"Nightmare Moon? Discord?" ThunderClap asked, "who are they? Were they evil ponies that got served justice?"

"That's kind of a long story, tell ya about it later," Doc Holly Day said as he finished his beverage. "Miss Trixie, kin we git ya anythin' else? So glad you could spend this time together with us. Would ya like fer us to come back early tomorrow to help ya set up fer tomorrow's show?"

((sorry I didnt post for a few days, was sick))

Trixie smiled a little "I met her during a show I did there" she explained, not bothering to elaborate on how when she returned to conquer the town fluttershy had been key in saving the town -and trixie- from the evil amulet.

The mare shook her head "you have all been more than kind to me tonight" she said "It's good to see that there are still ponies out there who are willing to give me a chance..." she sighed, looking out the window "still... sometimes those who aren't willing... or may not be... are the ones you need to see the most..." she said more to herself than any of them, which likely would make it quite clear she was thinking about somepony very special to her as she spoke...

(ooc: That's ok)

"Of course!" Louise LaMare neighed, "Just like Horseshoe Harry, the main character in my second novel, 'Call of the Wild Stallion'"

"Hay! I remember that one!" added Doc Holly Day, "Harry had an outlaw past, got released from prison but the townfolk of Gallop Gulch didn't want'm around."

"But as he was leaving, the town's sliver mine had a cave in, and without thinking of his own safety, Horseshoe Harry rushed into the mine and rescued the mayor's daughter seconds before the entire mine collapsed."

"OH OH! What happened next? What happened next?" ThunderClap asked.

"Then the ponies of the town saw how wrong they were, making Harry their new Sheriff and even letting him marry the Mayor's daughter in the final scene."

"Any pony, or buffalo, deserves a second chance," the unicorn physician said with a smile.

Trixie sighed "I have a very specil friend... i hope she feels the same way..." she paused "...But enough of this sadness! Trixie is here to celebrate!" She said, her mask back up in full strength now as several magical smokeless fireworks went off over the table "We have had out drinks, now trixie will treak you all to ice-cream!" She smiled "THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE DEMANDS SERVICE! SHE WILL HAVE ICE-CREAM FOR HER GUESTS!!!"

"YAY! MORE ICE CREAM!" ThunderClap mooed as he clapped his front hooves together.

"That's really nice of ya, Miss Trixie! Thanks!" Doc Holly Day neighed as Louise LaMare turned and walked over to the blue unicorn, at a distance so the others couldn't hear what she had to say.

"Miss Trixie," the brown Pegasus mare said in a low voice, "I want you to know, woman to woman, if you wanted to talk about anything at all, I'm here to listen. As your friend, I have to say that it's always good to talk about things that are on your mind. I know it may be none of my business, but I can tell you're troubled about something more than just your past. I'd like to help you with that, if you want me to."

Trixie's smile reained a moment longer, then her eyes twitched and the proverbial mask shattered, she sighed but smiled "yes... I supppose it's true..." she said "There's somepony I like, somepony who means a lot to me... but I doubt they feel the same... they probably hate me, to be honest, but..." she sighed and smiled "It still gives me something to shoot for, some reason to get up every morning and keep going, even if they dont care, I still care for them and that's what matters" she smiled again, a smaller, more genuine smile this time.

Louise LaMare nodded in acknowledgment of Trixie's situation. As ThunderClap and Doc Holly Day continued to talk among themselves, the brown Pegasus mare continued her private conversation with the blue unicorn mare.

"I must admit, Miss Trixie, I know somewhat how you feel. When I first came to Appleoosa, I fell in love at first sight with Sheriff Silverstar. For the longest time, I tried to drops hints that I was interested in him romantically, but the poor guy seemed clueless about it. Finally, I just had to come right out and say it to his face, even gave the unsuspecting stallion a big kiss. That got him! At long last, I got through to him. Why not try the direct approach with this very special somepony of yours? If he truly loves you, he'll respond to you. If he cannot accept you for who you are, past and all, then there's other stallions in the corral."

Trixie sighed, looking around nervously "The pony I have feelings for... is a very important pony..." she said. Trixie sighed "I was on a bad road and dis some bad things, but this pony saved me... Forgave me for what I did... but... I dont know if it's enough... especially when the rest of the town probably _hasnt_ forgiven me..." she sighed "I wish things were as easy when I come down off the stage as they are when I'm on it... just follow the scrips, do my tricks, make ponies cheer and clap, make them happy... once I step off that stage it seems like everything falls apart..."

Louise flashed an understanding smile to Trixie.

"There's only one way to find out," the brown Pegasus mare says softly, "if you never ask, you'll never know and you'll keep wondering and wondering about it for the rest of your life. It's never easy, expressing your true feeling for somepony you care about, because there's always the risk of rejection. But in my opinion, the risk is always worth it for the possible reward, if that makes sense."

"Please excuse me, ladies," ThunderClap said timidly, "but the waitress has returned and has asked for our ice cream order."

"I'm gitt'n a hot fudge Sunday, while our buffalo friend's havin' another bowl of vanilla!" added Doc Holly Day.

Trixie sighed, but smiled "It looks like I'm going to be taking the long road to fillydelphia then" she said, the way her eyes sparkled it was clear for a moment she was envisioning her and that certain special somepony, and in her mind everything worked out. She shook her head "yeah... right..." she sighed "but... at least I'll have closure and can move on then" she said "maybe I'll find somepony that's not so far out of my reach..."

When thunderclap spoke trixie turned very red, clearly worried he had heard it "oh, um, yes, of course! TRixie will have a metropolitian with sprinkles!" she said with an awkward smile, trying to hide the blush from what she had been talking about prior to the interruption.

"I'll have what she's having," Louise LaMare added with a smile, flying in between Trixie and ThunderClap to keep the young buffalo bull from seeing the magical unicorn blushing. "Y'know ThunderClap, Madam Bistro keeps many lovely paintings on the walls here. Why not take some time to look at them? I'm sure Doc will be happy to explain each work of art to you."

"Oh would you, Doctor Holly Day? PLEASE?" the eager buffalo asked the unicorn physician with soulful eyes.

"Sure thing, mah shaggy pal! Our ice cream ain't gonna be ready fer a while, ya gotta see the big paintin' over thar!" Doc Holly Day neighed as he led ThunderClap over to the other side of the room. Seeing this made Louise give out a sigh of relief as she turned to face Trixie.

"If it would help to have a friend along, y'know, to be with you in Fillydelphia when you approach him, I would gladly come with you. My publisher lives there, and I am due to check in with her very soon. No trouble at all!"

Archived