[Appleoosa]Preparing for a show...(open)

Ashton

Hearing Trixie's offer delighted the entire group.

"Oh yes! Oh Great and Powerful Trixie! I would love that!" ThunderClap mooed.

"You'd show us one of yur tricks? That's fantastic!" added Doc Holly Day.

"That would be wonderful, Trixie!" Louise LaMare neighed as all three of them moved closer to the blue maned unicorn mare.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trixie looked back and forth as her eyes got a little wide and her breething became more terse "a... little... space... please..." she said, using her magic to force them back "thank you" she said, taking a deep breath or two "and no, its not one of my tricks per-se, it's a magical deck of cards that can be used to perform tricks with ease" she smiled

((just FYI: this is a nice preview of what's going to happen... oh... OFTEN... when trixie settles down within rangs of the CMC... they're gonna be her best customers and she's going to be too stupid to say 'no' whenever they ask to buy something... *evil grin*))

ThunderClap, Doc Holly Day and Louise LaMare backed up to give Trixie the room she requested.

"Card trick?" ThunderClap asked, "I love card tricks!"

"Sounds good ta me!" added Doc Holly Day.

"Can't wait to see this!" Louise neighed.

Trixie smiled "the cards are in my wagon" she said "any card trick you can think of the cards will let you perform, they're a magical artifact enchanted by a long forgotten Pony mage from the dark ages" she said spookily "So, shall we be off?" she said, standing and sliding a few bits under her plate as a tip for the waitress.

"OH YES! YES indeed!" ThunderClap mooed as he jumped up and down for joy.

"Easy thar, pardner," Doc Holly Day said with a smile, "don't wanna put yur hooves through Madam Bistro's floor."

"Oh, sorry about that," the buffalo bull said as he stopped jumping.

"We're right behind you, Trixie!" Louise LaMare nieghed as the brown Pegasus mare began flapping her wings. Soon, the trio of friends were following Trixie out the door and into the street, travelling with her to her wagon.

Trixie smiled as she lead them out of town "Now keep in mind I've not used these in years, they've been sitting in storage mostly since I found them" she explained "so I may be a bit rusty on my instructions" she explained as they walked

"I'm sure yur cards will be fine," Doc Holly Day said with a smile, "magic rarely fades away."

"I cannot wait to see you perform again, oh Great and Powerful Trixie!" added an excited ThunderClap.

"A magic card deck sounds fascinating!" Louise LaMare neighed.

"Oh I'm not worried about their magic fading" said Trixie "merely that my instruction will be rusty" she explained as she went inside and returned a few minutes later with a wooden box, which was inscribed with numerous wards on the outside. She opened it and floated out a seemingly normal deck of playing cards, giving them to the buffalo "Now if I remember correctly, all you have to do is imagine the trick you want to perform and the cards will do the rest, and even if you destroy the cards, as soon as you open the box again there will be a full deck" she explained

((and yes, these cards can also be 'thrown' and will act the same as throwing knives... they're very dangerous... and tend to hint the user into more dangerous tricks... in short, they're cursed... like basically all magical artifacts trixie has or will have...))

"That is AMAZING!" a wide eyed ThunderClap mooed. :"Cards that do their own tricks? WOW! Only the Great and Powerful Trixie could master such a deck!"

'Gotta admit, Miss Trixie," Doc Holly Day added, "I ain't never seen a deck of cards like that before, not even in all mah years in Canterlot!"

"Oh, this is so exciting!" Louise LaMare neighed, "I am so thrilled to be witnessing this with my own eyes!"

((Mind if I join?))

"I really need a drink..." Dashing says, heading into town to look for a shop that sells water of some sort. Out of the corner of his eye, he notices a little crowd near a blue unicorn, and looks over to see what the commotion is about. Looking a little closer, Dashing notices that the bkue unicorn was Trixie, holding a wooden box. Dashing hesitated about investigating what Trixie is doing, or get some water, and decided to investigate. "What is going on over here?" Dashing asks, curious on what Trixie is doing.

((sorry, wasn't planning on anyone joining this late in the game, took me a while to work out how to handle it))

The pale unicorn smiled "As far as I know they're the only one of their kind in the world, they're quite old but still in perfect condition since they've hardly been used in decades" she explained, looking happy to please her friends.

At the sound of the new pony, trixie spun around, her horn glowing "Who's there?!" she exclaimed, a blast of magical energy flying towards the voice shaped like a lightning bolt, though it was aimed to miss - a 'warning shot', and even if it hit the pony, it was not strong enough to do any harm, she might as well have just shined a flashlight at him, but the effect was still impressive.

The sudden 'blast' from Trixie's horn caught the entire group by surprise.

"Whoa thar Trixie!" Doc Holly Day neighed.

"Calm down, Trixie," Louise LaMare pleaded, "it's just another pony who came over."

Though ThunderClap was equally astonished at Trixie's action, the young buffalo bull couldn't help but be impressed with the 'spotlight' burst coming from the magical blue mare.

"Hi there sir!" Thunderclap mooed with a smile at the newcomer, "I am called ThunderClap, what is your name?"

Archived