Question About Limbs.

Sky

Now, possibly my main main main MAIN biggest most developed favourite OC of mine (not counting Sky) is a mare named Hazel Capulus. (Coffee in Latin, from memory, a reference to her nickname, Mocha, which she received for her colours)

This is her. Not the best quality, and it's an old design for her legs, but that's not my point.

hazel_capulus_by_pyro1101-d6x14oh.gif

(Original image courtesy of Desktop Ponies)

Now, possibly the biggest and most important physical trait she possesses, as you can see, are her two left legs, or lack of which. In place, she has two prosthetic limbs, experimental, very simple technology with several simple spells on it to enable them to act as replacement legs. There are no little saws, or crossbows, or pencils, or attachments or anything. They're just bits of metal that enable her to walk.

I just want to ask, is this acceptable for WoE? I really love her prosthetics, and if they aren't acceptable, I'll likely avoid using her, or change her, if I really really have to.

Well, I wouldn't call it complex machines. More just bits of metal with enchantments on them.

Then again, that could count. Very well, I'll modify it. Maybe just make her lower legs prosthetic, to avoid having annoying joints and such. Thank you.

Very well. As I said in my previous post, would prosthetic lower legs work? That is, below the knee? That way, it's not anything complicated at all.

Hmm... well, that's certainly more reasonable for the technology level for World of Equestria. That said, the reason a pony might need prosthetics in the first place is sure to be scrutinized; most incidents severe enough to require two prosthetic limbs may be deemed too much for World of Equestria.

Ultimately it will always come down to how it is presented in the application.

Well, the reason for them is actually because she was born without them; I know it's possible, at least, and it's not gory or dark or horrid or anything. I know it's happened with a few people, such as a man who was born without any limbs, and so on, so like I said, it's possible. It's better than other possibilities, at least.

Hmm, good point. I mean, even the non-watered down version of Hazel didn't lose them in any gory way. Well, that is, not as the result of some psychopath or anything, that's just silly. From memory, she was in a burning house and something landed on her or something. I never really figured it out completely.

Hmm. I guess I'll have to change her. One prosthetic leg will have to do.

Archived