Dark Souls: Igniting the Flame (OOC)

Derpyy

Flame, dear Flame. Fire is a wondrous thing if you think about it hard enough.

it can light the dark so one can see, it can burn your meal for you to eat. It can be manipulated to forge great things that can help those who know how. But the main reason fire exists is for one simple, obvious reason: For Survival. When the curse spread across the land its effects were not immediately known. The first thing to realize was that the creators of the curse meant for it to do nothing but harm and enslave.

And that it did. For years the curse ravaged the land, inflicting all those who breathed and walked the plains. The curse brought back the dead...but these dead were not the same. They were..empty you see. Not themselves anymore or when they once died. They are nothing but a Hollow shell of their former self. The Curse manipulated those who endured it long enough, causing them to turn into grotesque abominations that then hid themselves away where the light of fire would never reach them. And so the creators of the Curse had acquired what they wanted. A land ravaged by death, destruction and chaos. A myriad of discord happens everyday across the land, leaving no trace of anything to save it. So one could say that the fire of survival for this Old land is..dying out. Some might say the fire is already dead. But every flame can be ignited again. By a single spark, just one tiny little spark the flame can be rekindled. And bring hope to the savage land.

------

But this is all old news. All those who still have their wits about them have given up on rekindling any flames or what not. Almost all just hope to survive and not turn Hollow. For you see, once you are living and that living loses their life..thanks to the curse they are not dead. Nay, those marked by the curse get to live again, but not as themselves entirely. One might take this for granted thinking it to be a wondrous thing, to never be able to die. But it is a horrible thing. For when a living dies, they become Hollow. They slowly..oh so very slowly lose their original complexion and body form until eventually...they turn full Hollow and forget their old self and seek nothing but to harm others.

One might ask, "But why didn't someone step in and stop this curse from happening?" Well, for that reason..no one knows. ----- So in the midst of darkness, when all hope is lost..a fire will be ignited yet again. Oh yes, for it has been foretold certain Hollows will regain their selves and claim their life back and one day free this land from the eternal clutches that hold it in darkness.

And one of those Hollows...is you.

Come now young Hollow. Embrace the warmth of the Flame that you can feel. You see the bright light of the fire yes? Head towards it dear Hollow. Never stop until you can feel the fire inside of you. It is time for your journey to begin.

--------

Alright! Well I've always wanted to do a Dark Souls styled RP :D. So if you are interested then just post here and I'll work up a character sheet!Now in terms of character builds and what not I'm going to go with the Dark Souls classes

The Warrior: High strength and Health. Not easily toppled and can hold their own in a fight.

The Knight: High dexterity and Very Durable. Calm in all combat situations

The Bandit: Highest dexterity of all classes. Ruthless and savage, but knows his/her limits.

The Pyromancer: Begins with Pyro glove to cast flames.

The Thief: High Dexterity and able to sneak expertly. The Hunter: Dexterity and Intelligence are matched to give this one the smarts to track any game with ease.

The Sorcerer: High Intelligence. Has a staff to fire a myriad of offensive spells, but these spells must be acquired and read to be used.

The Cleric: High Faith and Miracles lead the way. Has a chime to call upon one's faith for guidance and miracles. But new miracles must be acquired and read to be used.The Deprived: Likely a fugitive on the run. Starts with nothing but their own hands to fight. Lowest of all classes.

Don't worry about that dexterity and what not. We won't have like HP or anything so yeah.

Also if a class has been picked there will be a slash through it. Want class variety :)Now for Character sheets.

Tell me how much of yourself can you remember:

Name?

Age? Just put Adult. Keeps things simple

Gender?

Class?

Did you belong to a Covenant?

Your appearance? What did you look like before you Hollowed?

Your Personality? This may be difficult for you to remember about yourself.

(This is optional. Just a fun element if you want to add it in.) How did you turn Hollow? Your last death was at the hands of what?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And as you kill to keep your sun alive, to lite the fire, we gather those bodies and rise up further :3 YOUR JOLLY COOPERATION WILL NOT SWAY MY WAYS! XD

if you dont get the last joke here is link to dark souls parody:

And as you kill to keep your sun alive, to lite the fire, we gather those bodies and rise up further :3 YOUR JOLLY COOPERATION WILL NOT SWAY MY WAYS! XD

if you dont get the last joke here is link to dark souls parody:

The sun will never die!

But if it wasn't for the Sun I would definitely go for the Blue Sentinels

Seeing as how this is Dark Souls styled I was going to make it just like the game but with different elements for a group instead of a single hollow.

But yeah I already have the plot and what not but tomorrow I'll post the character sheets and what not

ok, not you said its gonna be game based, does that mean we dont start with any extra gear? just basic stuff like my pyromancy things?

I'm gonna put the classes in on the character sheet. Basically whatever gear that class starts with, you will start with.

Name: Razor Wind (Adult Pegasus)

Class: The Warrior

Covenent (If any): Former member of the Warriors of Sunlight

Appearance: Dark Blue fur, Silver Mane and Tail, Bright Saffron (Yellow) Eyes

Personality: Was once a jovial, thrill seeking adventurer; enjoyed taking part in grand journeys and assisting those he could along the way. He was kind, helpful, and almost always had a smile on his face.

Method of Turning Hollow: Cannot remember fully, all he is able to recall is an image of an injured, pleading mare, before a feeling of resentment washes over him.

(Hope this is enough! I wanted to add more but kind of in a rush today.)

Name? Darkshift [bat pony]

Age? 25 [adult]

Gender? male

Class? Pyromancer

Did you belong to a Covenant? Gravelord Servent

Your appearance? What did you look like before you Hollowed? Short spikey black hair, slender but muscular build, red eyes, bat wings, fuzzy thin black tail.

Your Personality? ?Silent but deady XD

(This is optional. Just a fun element if you want to add it in.) How did you turn Hollow? Your last death was at the hands of what? Died protecting Pricilla

This sounds like a great idea! I love Dark Souls, but I'm kinda bored with it. Welp, here it goes!

Name: Titan (it's a nickname, she forgot her real name)

Race: Earth Pony

Class: The Knight

Covenant: Princess' Guard

Appearance: A snow white coat, short, red mane, and teal eyes, covered almost entirely by her heavy knight's armor.

Personality: Loyal and brave, she feels the need to protect those around her. She believes if she can keep others from going hollow, then maybe she can keep them "alive" long enough to see a cure for the undead.

Method of Turning Hollow: She was a high ranking knight of a guild in Astora. She had discovered that another officer in the guild was conspiring against the guild master, but, before she could tell anyone, she was assassinated. When she was discovered as an undead, no one would listen. She was sent to the Undead Asylum along with her secret. She has no idea what happened after that.

Archived