Dark Souls: Igniting the Flame

Derpyy

Dementia threw the wolf from her barrier. "Foul beast." She said as the dark hand gained a white glow as the wolf jummped. Catching it by the throat dementia drained the life from it. "Now where's the big one? I hunger for her soul!"

The fighting seemed to continue on mercilessly. Titan had become distracted, but the Cleric had saved her that time. She returned his nod before slicing a few more wolves apart. There were a couple others fighting alongside them too, but things were beginning to look grim. There was no way they were going to be able to keep this up forever, but they couldn't very well turn back now. There had to be another way out! When she had a chance, Titan took a quick look around, and noticed a spot along the wall that seemed a little out of place. She had to fight off more wolves, but when she had another chance she took a closer look and saw that it was a doorway, and not the one they'd just come from. "Everyone follow me!" Titan yelled, as she put her head down and charged her way through three wolves, making a clear path to the door. "Let's go!"

As Galloth was freed he looked to his savior to give a thankful nod. He did give the silent one a nod but it seemed the one who saved him was rather dark and didn't like to speak much. Normally he would have even said something, thanking him for saving his life but others were still fighting their share of the dismembered wolves so they still had some stuff to do.

But even though only a few remained it seemed Galloth wasn't the only one who noticed the exit, or what he assumed the exit was.

The mare he had thrown a wolf away from, Titan, was now charging for the door that was barely visible on the other side of the shadowy room. Galloth made his way over to one of the stone walls and grabbed a torch out of its hold and kept it in his hand.

He then made his way to the other side of the room with the door, holding the torch by the door. If those others were confused on where to go, the route was lit now so they had to be blind not to see it.

So Galloth caught up to Titan and stood in the doorway.

He held his torch high and seemed to wave it to any of the wolves that would try to come his way. But they backed away at the feel of the slightest warmth of fire. With small whines those who felt even the smallest raise in temperature ran away into the darkness and vanished. And those that stayed around were smart enough to realize they did not want to face the same fate of warm air so they fled to the shadows as well.

Galloth was able to regain himself as the wolves seemed to all vanish. He gave a look down the doorway and sighed. "We must be getting close to getting out of here." He said to anyone who would be listening.

Once the others were around he moved the torch through each of them to try and see their faces. "Even though I don't know any of you. After watching you all fight like that I look forward to getting to know you." He said with a small chuckle at the end. "Anyone injured? Chimeless cleric I may be but when I get my chime back I can do the best I can."

Darkshift looked at the torch and too his hand and sighed, missing his pyromancy, he remember Fire storm and Gravelord sword dance, both good AoE attacks, but he needed a glove. He followed aside the group and stayed silent as he sat and tore a bit off the bottom of the wore shirt he had and bandaged a slight but deep scratch he had on his upper arm and waited to see there next move while they seemed to take a few second breather.

• 4 weeks later...

Titan checked over her armor. It was bent, scratched, and beaten, but it did it's job. "I'm fine, thanks. Where do you suppose this leads?" Titan asked as she looked through the door. It could just be her eyes playing tricks on her, but she could swear that she sees a ray of sunlight.

• 2 months later...

Archived