Dark Souls: Igniting the Flame

Derpyy

This was it. This was the final moment.

Galloth stood at the edge of a high cliff and looked out to the ocean as it crashed violently against the rocky cliff side. The jagged rocks stuck out of the water at the bottom and past that was just water. Endless water, the perfect place for a hollow like him.

Galloth's scarves and neck wraps blew in the wind as he stood stationary in his armor. The long scarves were tattered and torn and his armor was missing a few pieces now. The usual grey and blue armor was now just bits and pieces. And his fur..well there was pretty much none of that left. What was once of Galloth was no more, he was nothing but a useless hollow now..and he wasn't going to allow himself to turn into one of those bloodthirsty savages.

Galloth looked up to the sun...he soaked up its sweet rays as they beat against his face. He closed his eyes and let the warmth embrace him. It seemed...too hot but then again he didn't much care for that. The sun was one of the most precious things for him. Galloth opened his eyes and looked down at his left hand which was held up and closed. He slowly opened up his hand and a small broken ring laid him his palm. It was his blue sentinel ring. The memories it brought back to him..but now those memories were slowly being lost. He tried his hardest to remember them all..but he was losing them.

He clutched the ring again and then looked out towards the water. He breathed a deep breath and then raised up his foot and took the first step. His first step towards peace and safety.

And then..he fell.

-------------

Galloth awoke in a horrid coughing fit as he writhed on the floor. The coughing never seemed to subside and he was having a hard time fully understanding what was going on. He opened his eyes wide and noticed something..he was next to a small bonfire. He then got a strange taste in his mouth..he brought his mouth as he kept coughing..and he wiped his lips.

To his surprise his lips were covered in ashes. And his throat was full of them as well.

After a few seconds Galloth was able to regain control over his throat and he stopped coughing. He felt..hot..like very hot. He brought his hand up to his head and felt that he was sweating.

But this is where things changed for him. Upon his hand touching his forehead he felt something..strange. The soft feel..of fur on his forehead. His heart began to race and he quickly scrambled around until he found a small puddle of water near him. He was on the ground so he crawled over to the puddle and what he saw left him breathless. He saw his light blue fur covering his face and his pale white mane parted to one side...like he used to have back when he was..equine.

Galloth sat up and sat on his haunches. He took a few seconds to gather his thoughts. Obviously he had been given a second chance...somehow. By his faith to the Princess? Or by the grace of the sun...sure he was faithful. But he was part of the Blue Sentinels.

None of this made sense to Galloth. But he wasn't going to worry about a second chance at life.

---

After a few minutes of sitting and collecting his thoughts Galloth was able to realize where he was. He was in what appeared to be an endless hallway..with cells on each side of the walls all adjacent to each other. The light from the bonfire he was next to was really the only light in the dark.

The slime covered bricks around him all seemed to be old and decrepit..clearly this place was out of shape. Wall crumbling and vegetation hanging from the walls and what not. The cell door the the cell Galloth was in was broken and left open..which was strange for Galloth never was in a prison cell.

Galloth shifted his weight around and eventually was able to stand up. Once he stood up he stretched and realized that he wasn't alone. Two other equines were in the cell with him..both on the ground asleep it seemed. He didn't know either of them but if they were in the same situation he was in he wanted some help.

Galloth reached down and nudged both of them. "Hey..hey. Both of you...wake up. Come on..by the Princess wake up." He continued to nudge them both..hoping they would wake.

Everything was black. Then, slowly, a room began to fade in through the darkness. She could hear a voice, but it was too fuzzy to make out. She tried to remember exactly what had happened to her, but the last thing she could remember was a sharp pain in the bottom of her right lung, and a shadowy figure standing over her as she blacked out. Could she still be alive? Could the voice belong to her attacker?

The room was becoming more and more clear to her. She could make out three other ponies, one apparently trying to raise the other two. Perhaps.....perhaps they were other guild members. Perhaps the assassin had fought his way out. She could see the room even better now. In fact, she now sat in a dungeon cell, in one of it's darker corners, barred from the rest of the world. What had she done to be thrown away? Surely.......surely she had not been branded by the darksign!

She removed her gauntlets and looked at her hands. She immediately shut her eyes. She'd have cried right then, if she could have that is. Her hands were raw and rotting. She had become an undead, and her guild members, her friends, had left her here to go hollow. She had only heard tales of undead going hollow, but mostly just legends and stories. There was one crazy tale of a "chosen undead", but more important was a rumor she remembered hearing once about a cure for the undead! Maybe, if she could get help from these other three, presumably sane, ponies, they could all find the cure and return to their normal lives.

But first, she needed to get the attention of........whoever that was. "Excuse me," she called, "you haven't.......gone hollow, have you?" Only now had it occurred to her that if this pony was indeed hollow, it was far better that she had kept her mouth shut.

"He ain't hollow," a stallions voice said as he stepped from the corner [you said 2 on floor so that is brony and the other player, ill be in corner haha] as he emerged from the shadow, "neither of us our, were undead, hollows with sanity," he said, "I know because we would be dead if he wasn't," he said in a rough tone as he sat at the bonefire, "You three just arrived yesterday, bight black knight brought you in, welcome to hell," he laughed as he looked at his tattered cloth clothes, "Now we wait for the last to awake"

Razor's eyes slowly blinked open at the sound of a voice above him... Several voices, in fact. The feeling of rousing himself awake was not unlike being abruptly awoken from sleep; a sleep that somehow had ended him up in a dire situation. The only thing the Pegasus knew was that the floor was cold, he ached all over, and there was talk of Hollow from the voices above him.

"Urgh.. can't a stallion get some rest around here..? What's going on?" he groggily spoke, blinking his eyes several times to come into focus.

The dark blue Pegasus raised his head and groaned out in discomfort; it felt like his whole body was on fire. It took the stallion several moments of staring at the collection of figures around him before his mind clicked..

"Wait.. I've not seen any of you before. Who are all of you? Where is this place? I... don't remember ever coming here..."

His eyes examined three around him.. they didn't look Hollow.. they still had their fur and manes. His eyes caught his own hands for a brief moment and he stared in disbelief, opening and clenching his hands.. they were strong, furred, and unscathed, just as they used to be.. or at least as he remembered they used to be. His mind was buzzing now; just what was going on? He had awoken in a strange, unknown cell surrounded by ponies he did not know... and he had been given his former body back.. was this a dream?

Galloth looked at the mare as she spoke to him. At least he was sure she was speaking to him. But right when he opened his mouth to respond a different voice spoke up instead, answering for him.

The voice was not a voice he recognized. Then again he didn't recognize any of these voices or faces. The stallion stood tall and kept quiet as the stallion spoke. Apparently they had been brought here by a black knight?

Galloth decided to speak up for reason. "That's a lie!" He growled at the voice. " I know for a fact I was turning Hollow, but I wouldn't let myself fully go hollow so I..attempted at my own life. No way I could have been brought here."

The stallion stood unshaken. The comments of 'welcome to hell' didn't seem to phase him. For he himself had no idea where he was, but if he wanted to get out of here..he was going to need some answers.

Just then the other stallion began to come to. He awoke and said what was expected. Then he seemed to be rather amazed at his non hollow self. Galloth had no room to say anything, he was rather amazed he was no longer hollow as well.

But anyways time for answers. Galloth pointed a finger towards the pony that told them they were brought here.

"Listen up. I don't know any of you, and none of us know each other. But you seem to know the most. So you best start explaining. Who's to say you aren't just some dark Mage carting hexes on us poor undead. Our appearances could all just be an illusion."

"Me, magic, pah!" he said, "Ill stick to pyromcany why thank you" he said in an amused tone, "And i aint gotta explain anything, where is the fun in that?" He said with a smile and looked up, "plus it is about noon, and Ill be leaving soon" he said as he pulled out a key, "a gift from a friend on the outside," he said as he twirled the key, "now anyone care to join?"

Raz was still knelt on the floor, hands held out and his eyes still examining them in disbelief, until finally the conversation from the above ponies reached his pointed ears. Seemed there was already talk of mistrust and backstabbing.. though one could hardly be blamed for thinking such. Waking up in a strange cell and hearing somepony speak as if they were completely aware of the situation would make anypony uneasy.

Still, the dark blue Pegasus stood to his feet, brushing himself off.. clad in a tattered, crimson red cloak just as he had been before waking here..

"Well if it means getting out of here and finding some answers then I'll come along.. provided you elaborate more on your knowledge of the situation," he nodded to the pyromancy, "Besides, the only real alternative is to just .. stay here and rot. Not exactly a choice I'm fond of." he attempted a chuckle, though not being especially convincing.

Titan put her gauntlets back on and stood up, her armor clanking. She was surprised to find that she stood a head taller than the other ponies. It had seemed that without even having to ask, this small group was going to work together to escape. Good, she hated asking for favors. "If the guards here are anything like the Knights of Astora then you're going to need my help." She thought maybe that sounded a bit pretentious, but she could care less right now. If there was even a chance at saving her guild, she had to try everything she could.

"It's a cruel world friend. Be careful how you speak to strangers, for you want as many friends as possible."

He raised an eyebrow to the pony again. He didn't practice magic..but he wanted to stick to pyromancy. Well..pyromancy was a type of magic, in fact it was the lowest form of magic. Literally anyone with a little smarts could handle the stuff but it took beings with a bit more intelligence to cast the higher level spells. Still Galloth wasn't fond of the stuff, he preferred miracles.

Galloth shrugged at the stallion as he opened up the door to let them out. None of this made sense. Why had he been brought back to life? He was sure he was just about to end it..or was he? Galloth leaned against the wet brick wall and held his head in his hands and groaned. The memories he had began to collapse on themselves. They started to become memories he thought he had or imagined he had.

With a rather violent shake he threw his head up and let his hands hang down. His armor made small clicks as his arms moved. The others that were in the same situation as he were right, they just needed to get out of here.

Galloth opened his mouth to speak but he felt something in his hand that made him stop. He looked down at his that was clenched tight. He slowly opened it up and his Blue Sentinel ring was in his palm. Still broken and cracked, but it gave him hope. It made him remember what he had been fighting for..it made him remember.

Galloth slipped the ring on over one of his fingers and stood around with the others. He decided to try and suggest something to see if the others would go for it. "Once out of here we should seek my brothers and sisters in my covenant. The Blue Sentinels can help us all. But that is just a suggestion. Provided we can actually get out of here."

The light blue stallion turned to the dark figure that let them out. "Now if you'd be so kind to show us the way out? Maybe even explain a bit more even. Did this..black knight..take anything else of ours? Perhaps weapons or belongings? I know I had my weapons before I came here."

This world was new to the changeling. Her need for love was gone a new unfamiliar hunger replaced it. "Kaath..." she murmured softly as she slowly pushed up so she was kneeling.

The serpent had promised Dementia power that surpasses all else. Looking at her hand as it began glowing red with magical energy.

But where was she? She heard voices but no others. "Hello?" She called out weakly.

Voices echoed throughout the empty halls. But that couldn't be right. Nothing inhabited this place save for dust and hollows... Or did it? She was there and despite the rotten look of her clawed hands, Asha was still herself, mostly. So perhaps there was a real chance that others like her had wound up trapped here. But where was here and how did she get here. The last thing the griffon remembered was excruciating fire shooting through her gut and falling into a black abyss. She couldn't remember where she came from, or her last name. The only clues she had left were the ring on here hip and the talisman on her hip.

Asha's mind drifted back to the voices she heard. Slowly, she rose to her feet and pulled her hood up. Guess I should go see if I have guests or if I'm actually going insane...

Titan waited for the pyromancer to answer the question, but she was fed up with waiting. She decided to check her equipment. If one of them had had their weapons taken, then maybe she had as well.

She felt around her hip and her back, and was upset at not feeling anything. Both her sword and shield were gone, but she wasn't going to let that stop her! Out of the corner of her eye, she saw something in the cell reflecting the sunlight. When she inspected it closer, she found it to be the hilt of a sword. It wasn't much, nothing more than a rusted grip with a little sharp metal attached, but it was a weapon.

"I don't plan to stick around here any longer than I have to. If any of you really want to get out of here, then lets go already!" She was tired of being locked up in a cell! She was ready to fight! She was ready to live! And with that, she stepped outside of the cell door.

(Sorry. I was getting tired of waiting :) )

"Your weapons, well if they weren't lost when you died then yes, they were taken, as were most other items," he said, "They were nice enough to leave us with basic armor, but that is the least of my concern at this moment" he said as he began walking down the hallway, keeping a ear out for any others who were not hollow.

Dementia took a heaving gasp as she staggered towards the cell door. As she reached towards the door she collapsed. Her arm hooked the bars and she pulled herself up "is anything there?" She horsely yelled. Her hand still glowed with magic as the aura danced about her hand.

Razor was all sorts of confused.. to the point that he checked out of the conversation halfway through to get abetter look at everypony gathered. They all seemed compotent in some form or another... Though the one who had been talking earlier had fallen silent for a moment. It was at that time that another, a mare, stood up and marched out the door; proclaiming her readiness to be rid of whatever this locale was..

Raz nodded as he stepped along, following her out; armed with nothing but his fare fists, his armor and his cloak; this wasn't going to easy without a weapon... But perhaps they'd find something soon enough.

"Well, I'm with the lass here. Id rather not sit here and wait till the hollowedness takes me.." he nods; his long red cloak hiding his body from his shoulders to his ankles.

• 2 weeks later...

Darkshift looked over at the hand through a bar and walked to it, "You there," he said as he looked at the collapsed mare, "You alive, if so say something, we got a group leaving and we aren't waiting all day" he said

• 3 weeks later...

"Sounds good enough to me." Titan said, attempting to open the cell's door. Alas, it wouldn't budge. Titan thought a bit before saying "Stand back." and stepping away from the door. She gave the mare enough time to get out of the way before hitting the door with a powerful kick. The door's rusty lock broke apart and the door swung open, banging against the cell wall. "There. I fixed it." Titan said in a completely serious tone. "Now, let's get moving."

Galloth realized that the amount of beings inside this asylum was bigger than he thought. Then again he had no idea how he got here or even why he was here in the first place. But none the less the ones who were out all seemed to be together now.

Galloth made his way to the front of the group. Not because he was trying to assert any type of power over the others but because he just wanted to be in front. Call him crazy but being a cleric back before he remembered the horrid curse he would risk his life for those he didn't know. Celestia help him if he wasn't going to stop doing that now. Out of instinct he reached for his hip and missed his cleric chime. Mainly because it wasn't there. Which meant his faith channeling powers were as good as gone. No way he could throw lightning without his chime. Let alone do anything.

But his faith to those higher was unwavering. Obviously they gave him a second chance for some reason.

In a few locked cages a few hollows would every now and then cry out and some would cower away from the group and some would reach their arms out, trying to reach inside of them to take what remains of a soul the non hollows had. They were easy to avoid however, being locked away and all.

After making their way out of the hallway with the series of cells the group came to a rather large round room. It had a few torches on the walls that illuminated the room just slightly. Galloth took the first few steps into the room and realized that there was water about ankle deep in the room. He stopped moving and signaled for the others to do so. What happened next was of no surprise.

A rather slimy and gross tentacle wrapped itself around Galloth's right leg and next thing he knew he was thrown into the air and suspended. A large creature emerged from the darkness where the torches cast no light. One could see this creature was half wolf or dog and its lower half was that of a snake. It had two arms but no legs. And the tail was what had grabbed Galloth. The creature pulled Galloth close and the unicorn cleric guarded his face, for the beast's breath smelled horrid.

"Cleric." Was all the creature stated. It had a feminine voice so it was a female creature. It held Galloth up and looked to the group. It smiled to group. "And here I thought that I was all alone here in this asylum. Besides my loyal servants of course."

The creature slithered closer to the group to get a better view of them. It still had that sinister smile on its face. "You all should be hollow." She looked between each of them. "I don't like your kind in my asylum. 'This is no place for you. But I can quickly make you hollow. So you can stay here with me..forever. But I detest getting my hands dirty."

With that she released Galloth and he caused a loud splash in the water as he landed on the ground. He stood on one knee as he watched the creature. She backed up towards the shadows again but her arm stayed in the light just long enough to see her snap. After that she disappeared into the darkness.

Next low growling could be heard from what seemed like all sides of the room. Then a large mob of wolves who were mangled and some missing parts of their bodies emerged from the darkness. Some tried to yap or bark at the group but they were missing their lower jaw and could not. Some tried to move but were missing two or more legs.

But they had one goal. They slowly made their way towards the group.

Galloth stood up as he locked onto one disfigured wolf that was approaching him. He put his hands together and smiled. "Been a while since I took part in a good ol match of fisticuffs." With that the mangled mutt ran at Galloth. He was able to grab it by the muzzle and then put it down and start to wrestle with the beast.

The other wolves started to approach the others as well. It was either run, or good ol hand to mangled wolf combat.

(Well, I guess I'll post next if no one else's going to, but I hate posting again so quickly in an RP.)

Titan had initially wanted to jump in and save the cleric, but that could do more harm than good. She stood there wielding the sword hilt, ready to use it at a moment's notice. Listening to the creature, it became quite clear that it had no intention of letting them leave. That was fine by Titan! After all, she hadn't planned on simply walking out the door! She prepared to take a swing at the beast, but then it let it's captive go and retreated into the shadows. Without a word, she made her way into the water to help him get up, but before she could make it to him she heard the growls. She stopped to look around, sword hilt at the ready, and saw the undead wolves come out of nowhere. Titan was glad she'd brought a weapon! Two wolves seemed intent on taking her down. Both seemed whole, for the most part.

The one to her right leaped at her, and with swift motions she punched it in the head with her left fist. Then, using the momentum from her first strike, she stabbed it in the top of the head with her weapon. However, the other wolf had seen it's opportunity and grabbed her left arm in it's jaws. With only one arm free, Titan was unable to draw the sword hilt from the dead wolf's skull, so she had to leave it where it laid. Next, using her free hand she grabbed the wolf's upper jaw and began to open it's mouth. When her left arm was finally free, she used it to grab the wolf's lower jaw and pull with all her might. It didn't take too long, though, before the wolf's lower jaw was ripped off. The wolf, now unable to bite Titan, lunged at her, attempting to knock her to the ground and drown her. Unfortunately for the wolf, Titan was too large and too strong for it to knock her down. Grabbing the wolf's head, Titan wasted no time in snapping the cursed thing's neck. Letting the wolf's body fall limp in the water, Titan sighed in relief as she retrieved the sword hilt.

(Just for clarification, I'm assuming we're kind of all fighting our own battles, so plenty is happening during the same time period. Okay? Okay. :) )

Dementia panted as the events went from confusing to dangerous. her dark hand began glowing in the odd creature's presence. "I-I'm goning to kill her!" with that she punched though a wolf's throat with her dark hand. then holding her hand out the dark hand produced a black barrier blocking a wolf jumping at her.

• 2 weeks later...

The dismembered wolves seemed to be coming with no end. They were relentless, well the ones that could stand and function normally were. But the ponies that had made it this far were certainly not going to give up now. As Galloth held one of the disgusting creatures in a grip he looked off to see the others fighting the wolves as well. If he had his chime he would gladly give them some boosts or maybe be able to heal any wounds the group might get from this fight.

But his spear and chime were stashed away somewhere in this asylum. And he was going to not only see to that he found his stuff but he helped the others find their things as well. Clerics helped each other after all.

So with that he quickly snapped the squirming wolf's neck and it fell to the ground now lifeless. He made his way to one of the ponies he was closest to. He remember the mare called herself Titan. She was about to be jumped at by a wolf that was in her blind spot. Galloth rushed over and quickly grabbed the wolf with only three legs as it tried to jump. It started to snarl and kick but Galloth quickly slammed it into the ankle deep water they were in and in one quick motion stomped it's neck. With a new found satisfaction he looked over to Titan who was seemed to have a sword hilt in her hands now. He nodded to her and attempted to try and turn to dispatch more of the wolves but he was caught off guard by a rouge one in the shadows.

The beast was missing his nose and part of his face. It jumped up to Galloth and latched itself on his back. The unicorn then started to try and get the creature off his back but he was having no luck, the wolf would not let go. So he continued to struggle, trying to set himself free.

With the number of wolves slowly decreasing a few who still had somewhat of a brain and much less body seemed to retreat into the shadows. But a few were still hanging around..which could be killed quite easily. If the ponies so wished. A door on the other side of the circular room was their goal to work towards. It was faintly lit by torch light but one could see it if they looked hard enough.

Darkshift had killed a few of the dogs and saw the cleric in a bit of a pickle, "Great," he said as he spread his wings and flew to the cleric grabbing the top and bottom half of the dogs jaw and ripping them apart, then turned back to fight again, not a word out of his mouth

Archived