Crystal Empire: All that Glitters...?//Open Rp

QuickLime

CoCoRpBanner_zpsa2cf136c.png

The Crystal EMPIRE! Oh the fashion she could learn about here! Everything shimmered, and glittered, making her heart flutter, her hooves to practically float! Coco's blue eyes widening as she tried to take in every little glimpse of the town around her! As she continued to walk, dazzled by the glitter, she cringed as she suddenly smacked right into somepony's side, causing her to yelp as the sudden force caused her to go SPROING!

Falling backwards on her back, hooves crossed over her chest, cheeks all flustered now

"Oopsie..."

Too dazzled to see straight? oh Coco what would your mother think...?!

• 2 weeks later...

diamond_cut_by_kitsune85-d78mrs7.png

Diamond Cut walked along the gleaming streets of the Crystal Empire, a saddlebag that was bulging to the point of bursting and a short handled shovel slung to his side. His normally pristine coat, mane and tail that mimicked the gems he used in his jewelry shop were dulled by flecks of dirt but still managed to shine. He was almost to his shop when suddenly he was almost knocked over by some force!

"What in the name of the Great Crystal Heart was that?"

She looked around for the source of what hit him and spotted a mare on the ground, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. a wave of panic entered his mind as the stallion feared that in his haste to return to his shop he caused this pony, clearly a tourist from beyond the borders of the Emipre, to get knocked over.

"Oh I'm terribly sorry miss. Are you all right? Here, let me help you up."

Diamond Cut extended a hoof, hoping that the mare would accept his apology and would allow him to assist her.

Coco glanced up at the stallion's extended hoof, and her face reddened even more! It was a rather gorgeous crystal pony, with such a colorful mane..and here she was a boring regular pony...ugh.. "I..Thank you.." She took his hoof and got up, ears pinned back, glancing down at her hooves, kicking them slightly "I SHOULD be the one apologizing sir, I was so..dazzled by the beauty of your city that I smacked right into you" her gaze turning to look at him "So don't apologize for this silly mares misstep.."

It was clear that this mare that he met was embarrassed by the way they met, but there was something else there. It seemed that the pony was a shy one, something that made her encounter only worse. The poor mare could barely make eye contact with him or speak with him. Apart from these things though, there was a look in her eyes of amazement, and besides the streets around the two, he could only guess it was him. Perhaps she never saw a crystal pony before, just like Diamond Cut hadn't ventured outside of the Crystal Empire and only recently met ponies not like him visiting his home city.

"Well then perhaps then both our apologies cancel each other out," He said with a smile showing that there was nothing to worry about, "In any case though you need not worry, as I was not injured. You're not hurt are you miss?"

His voice trailed off as he realized that he didn't know the mare's name, something that the stallion was quick to do when meeting new ponies was to introduce himself to them and get their names. Yet the way that he met this mare ended up delaying things.

"Oh but where are my manners? My name is Diamond Cut. What is you name miss?"

• 3 weeks later...

What a lovely first impression SHE had made! Crashing into the Stallion but still so dazzled by the city that she wasn't truly paying attention to what he said! Shaking her head a little bit to clear, it, she fixed those baby blue orbs of hers on him, and gave him a soft smile "Oh I am quite alright, Diamond Cut? What a lovely name! I am Coco Pomel..It is truly great to meet you! Your city, it is so beautiful and the Ponies here are all so interesting!" She let out a content sigh "Do you happen to know if there is a sewing shop, or perhaps a boutique so that I might browse? I design costumes for Bridal Way plays and am here for some inspiration.."

For a moment Diamond wondered if his words were getting through to the mare as she looked around the city. While many tourists had the look of wonder at the sight of the Empire, Coco seemed to be outright mesmerized by the crystal buildings! Finally though she managed to introduce herself. Then there was her quest to find a fabric shop or fashion boutique.

"Well it is very nice to meet you Coco. And yes, you heard right that my name is Diamond Cut. My parents named me that because when I was born I looked like a little diamond, as if cut from a larger one. So that's where I got my name. The city is beautiful, isn't it? Sometimes I'm afraid I get too used to it living here all my life but then it takes someone like you to remind me of how nice of a place I live in. As for boutiques and sewing places, I'm afraid I cannot really help you with that. I'm actually a fashion designer myself, but not with thread and cloth. I actually make jewelry of all kinds. That's why I look this way as I was returning from digging up more gems. If only they were just lying on the ground it would save me the effort. In any case if you would like we can go back to my store. Maybe you'll find your inspiration there."

• 4 weeks later...

Coco wasn't 100% sure why the other was telling her such a odd story about why they were named what they were, it was a very fine name though! But she did feel a little bit sad when he mentioned not knowing where a shop might be, though it evaporated when he mentioned HIS shop! Oh the gems and beautiful things there could easily inspire her! "Oh Diamond that would be delightful ! I'd absolutely love to!"

Diamond wondered if it was the right thing to do giving such a long explanation about his name. Some ponies he knew were interested in things like that as every name like the pony that owned it had a story. Still being around the pony made him feel calm like there was nothing spiteful or not genuine about her. He noticed that his lack of knowledge of fashion boutiques was saddening to the mare Then again the stallion, although into fashion himself as a jeweler, only knew about things that male ponies wore like suits, things that he didn't actively wear. Still she was interested in his shop, so perhaps inspiration could be found there.

"Wonderful, my shop is only a short distance away. So, you said that you designed costumes for Bridal Way plays. Is Bridal Way a building or a street from where you are from? Unfortunately I have limited knowledge about places beyond here. Say, why don't you tell me a little about where you live and I'll tell you as much as I can about the Crystal Empire?"

[Hope you don't mind me adding a third member to the RP guys, don't wanna ruin it if something was planned with only two characters :P]

A stallion with a pair of glasses, a sharp-looking bow-tie, and a mouse as his only companion, was in a place he had always wanted to visit since it was rediscovered not too long ago. Fable Weaver was on a self-imposed mission, with his faithful pet Winston, to visit key locations in Equestria whenever he could. Sure, he may be a self-absorbed, scatter-brained mystery novelist who only wanted relaxation, but this mission was imposed into Fable's life since he was a colt.

He had already visited Ponyville, the home of Princess Twilight Sparkle, but now it was time for him to explore a whole new city, which excited him to no end. He was nearly bouncing across the walls, reading up on the little info he could on the Empire while riding the train.

The Crystal Empire was a place of wonderment and powerful magic, hosted by the shining subjects known as Crystal Ponies, and home of the magical relic known as the Crystal Heart. It was also the realm of another Princess, and a Prince, both going by Cadance and Shining Armour, respectively.

When the train arrived at the station, Fable could hardly contain his enthusiasm, looking out the window to see a radiant glow across the pure crystal homes, sparkling roads and native citizens milling about. Right away as the train stopped, Fable wasted no time in stuffing his books and papers in his personal saddlebags and placed Winston on his head like normal, who very much enjoyed the makeshift nest of his light grey-coloured mane as he curled up and started sleeping right away as he wasn't as interested as much as Fable in the Crystal Empire.

Shrugging off the action of his lazy mouse, Fable departed the train with all of his belongings, which included a luggage bag to carry his heavier items and his saddlebags. Fable looked on in awe as a stunning view of the city proper opened up to him, from the visage of houses and residents walking about, to the large, awe-inspiring, tower-like structure that undoubtedly was the castle where Princess Cadance and Prince Shining Armour lived.

The sheer beauty of the city captivated Fable's senses, and Fable got the urge to just look everywhere, sparing no small detail until the end of the day. There was just so much to see and do, and Fable had to do it now! Fable started galloping in the general direction towards the heart of the Empire, not registering his mouse on his head or the ponies in front of him. Especially the group of two ponies in front of him now, a cute, shy blue-maned Earth Pony, and what seemed like a normal Crystal Pony citizen of the spectacular city. It was as if Fable was in some sort of crazed trance, or something similar.

In a split second of reality hitting Fable in the gut, Fable realized that he was going to plow straight into the pair, probably causing some major or minor injury to them and himself! Grabbing his conscience fully in the nick of time, Fable swerved out of the way of the ponies, veering hard to the left for a moment until Fable rammed hard into the side of a crystal house, throwing his head to the side as his side collided with the solid wall of the house. Winston was flung off of his head toward the vicinity of the two ponies, as did his luggage cart that he was carrying, while Fable cried out as his the side of his body that hit the wall flared up in pain, only being slightly being protected by his saddlebags, and fell down to the hard, crystal road, grimacing in obvious pain and agony.

• 3 weeks later...

"Bridal way is a ..well it's a play where everything is sung ! You tell elaborate stories and there are beautiful costumes involved "She said and smiled "I'm from Manehattan, it's a big BIG beautiful, bustling city! I'm a costume designer and seamstress..making beautiful clothing and designs is a passion of mine..." She was following him now, very eager to see this shop, the sound of the other pony colliding with a wall made her grimace "It seems I am not the only pony dazzled by the city.." She murmured.

Diamond Cut listened intently as Coco Pommel mentioned what she designed dresses for. The more she spoke, the more he realized that it was something familiar.

"You know, this Bridal Way reminds me of something here in the Crystal Empire. We have a big theater here where ponies put on plays and musicals, just like you said you design costumes for. Some of them are just community performances while others are really professional! While I didn't design the costumes, I did allow the productions to borrow some of my jewelry to add an extra touch to the costumes. You can't play kings without crowns after all. I never guessed though that there would be a place where there are several theaters in one area! How many plays and musicals do you create costumes for?"

His attention was then drawn to a brown Pegasus wandering the streets. He had the look of a tourist, gazing at all the wondrous crystalline buildings. But then something odd struck him as the stallion walked as if in a dream state right towards the two!

"Sir, can you please excuse us?" he said while prepared to move the earth pony mare out of the way if need be, "You're about to crash into us."

The Pegasus realized what he did and quickly turned, but before Diamond felt everything was at easy he heard a loud thump. Turning around he noticed that the pony came face to face with the wall of one of the buildings!

"Sir, are you ok?" Diamons said galloping over to the pony, "I can get you a doctor quickly if you need one."

• 3 weeks later...

That sounded exactly like Bridal way! Except on a slightly smaller scale, and in a way Coco really wished to see it now as it sounded like a garden for creativity to sprout! "Oh only a few, CinderMarellea, Pepper Pan, and" She tapped her chin a little bit, and the thought was quickly lost as she followed Diamond Cut over to the poor crumpled pegasi, "Oh you poor dear, I know how hard it is to focus with all these dazzling lights and crystals! We'll most certainly get you a doctor if you are injured!" That had been a nasty thud, she glanced at the crystal wall and grimaced, seeing the finest crack in it..though the crystal homes seemed to be enchanted, as the minuscule fracture closed right up.

"Ugh...Oh, that smarts..."

Fable Weaver managed to get to his hooves steadily, still grimacing from the impact his right side took, and glad he decided to not charge head first into the rock-solid home. He was mostly alright, his saddlebags taken some of the force, but now his side was bruised and scratched up. Other than that, he was going to live. When he stood up, he was met with the two ponies he had tried to avoid, both looking at him in obvious worry at his stunt.

"Sir, are you ok," asked the crystal stallion, "I can get you a doctor quickly if you need one."

Fable looked at him and shook his head, grinning sheepishly while wincing in pain. He really was okay, he would live, and he was sure he didn't break anything. He could tough out a few scrapes and bruises until he got to his hotel room.

"No, no need, sir, I'm quite alright, although my dignity could use a small patch-up...haha...thank you for your concern, nevertheless. The pain will subside eventually. Anywho, let me introduce myself. I am Fable Weaver, or just Fable if you wish. Who might you be, other than being a citizen of this fair empire?"

"Oh you poor dear, I know how hard it is to focus with all these dazzling lights and crystals! We'll most certainly get you a doctor if you are injured!"

The mare who was with the crystal stallion came running up after him, another face of worry to look at for poor Fable. Interestingly enough though, she did not look like she was also from the Crystal Empire like the stallion. Perhaps she was visiting like Fable was, or decided to make her living in the grand city after it was rediscovered? What a mystery, but nothing Fable couldn't solve!

He turned to the mare, adorable as she was, and once again shook his head, chuckling slightly. The crystals did have a blinding shine when they passed through Celestia's sun, although he could have taken her remark a different way. The lights and utter beauty of the empire did indeed blind him to everypony around him, his eyes and mind only caring about how this city came to be, what happened to it, and the events that led to it returning to Equestria. If that is what the mare meant, than Fable was certainly blinded by the light.

"Yes, right you are miss, the sheer incredibility of this empire sure blinded me, and for that I apologize to you and your friend. I should have been more attentive to my surroundings and looked at where I was trotting. Ahem, anyway, I gather that you too were stupefied by the radiance of this city, are you by chance vacationing here as I am?"

Fable than turned around and remembered why he was here in the first place. He was vacationing here for the week, so that meant he brought luggage, right? So where did it...

In an instant, he turned to see his luggage cart and saddlebags strewn out in the open. Fable galloped towards his personal effects and reattached himself to the cart and slinging his saddlebags on his back. He then dug around in the front flap in hopes that his friend was okay and wasn't harmed from the impact. His heart suddenly dropped when all he found was the straw bedding he used and a half eaten block of cheese. No mouse whatsoever, to the bespectacled stallion's horror. Fable jumped up and quickly scanned the area frantically, completely forgetting about the pain in his side, a very distraught look on his face as his faithful partner was nowhere to be found. Fable than turned to the pair and spoke up in a very panicked voice, trotting in place at a startling pace.

"Ohhh...dear...ohdearohdearohdear...you two didn't happen to see a small white mouse at the time I crashed into the building? Anything at all? Ohhh, Fluttershy is going to despise me oh so much..."

The talk of finer things like the plays Coco was involved with faded as Diamond Cut had to focus on a much more serious problem. But despite the unfriendly meeting with the wall the stallion appeared fine, albeit a little dazed.

"No, no need, sir, I'm quite alright, although my dignity could use a small patch-up...haha...thank you for your concern, nevertheless. The pain will subside eventually. Anywho, let me introduce myself. I am Fable Weaver, or just Fable if you wish. Who might you be, other than being a citizen of this fair empire?"

"Hello there Fable, I'm Diamond Cut, owner of Wearable Art, a jewelry store here. And you are correct, I am a citizen of the Crystal Empire. I guess that fact was pretty obvious given how I look. And this is Coco Pommel, from Manehattan. I was about to give her a tour of the city and show her my jewelry shop."

"Yes, right you are miss, the sheer incredibility of this empire sure blinded me, and for that I apologize to you and your friend. I should have been more attentive to my surroundings and looked at where I was trotting. Ahem, anyway, I gather that you too were stupefied by the radiance of this city, are you by chance vacationing here as I am?"

Listening to him answer, Diamond thought about the way the city looked to outsiders. Having lived here all his life Diamond became accustomed to things like the way Crystal Ponies acted and looked to even the beautiful crystalline houses and buildings that made up the town. He wondered if he would have the same reaction as Fable Weaver did when visiting here if Diamond visited another city like Manehattan. Well, maybe not as awestruck as colliding with a wall, but still amazed by the beauty.

The stallion started to act frantically as he rummaged though his saddlebags and then proceeded to look about the ground.

"Oh, you have a mouse as a pet? Err... I don't know who this Fluttershy is but I'm sure she gave you the mouse, right? Well I don't think the mouse could have got far."

She then turned back to Coco after realizing that he became caught up in the moment.

"Sorry to delay showing my shop Miss Pommel, but this pony lost a pet of his. Do you mind helping us find his mouse?"

• 4 weeks later...

This whole thing was making her head spin! The stallion spoke a great deal....and Coco just nodded when he asked if she was vacationing here as well, as fun as chatting was, Coco had come here for a purpose, and it was starting to feel like her every move was getting derailed, especially when Diamond Cut asked her to help aid in finding a MOUSE!?

Her whole muzzle scrunched up at the thought and she peered under her hooves "A m.. mouse-!?" She lept up on the nearest bench , resting her hooves on the back "I..Ithink you two dears should do so, I must admit Mice and I do not get on well.."

Archived