Trash and Treasures 2 (Pigpen's Antique Shoppe)

Mojo

Macintosh chuckled a little - the old pony seemed really very pleased with his own hustle, and Macintosh had to agree internally that there had been absolutely no way he was going to just walk away from a decently priced cart oin such workable condition. Waddle offered to share some of the apple, and whilst tempting...somehow Macintosh simply decided to shake his head and give a lighthearted 'Eeenope' - he'd eaten a little bit ago and wasn't really in a big eating mood just right now.

" Well, if ya'all don't mind... " he pauses and scratches his muzzle in thought - mayhaps he'd find something useful amongst all the interesting objects and items that were on display here. Sure, he may not be able to get anything right this moment, but he had a feeling that they'd put something back for him if he asked. " Ah'm gonna take a few moments t'browse before headin' back out - maybe there'll be somethin' ah can pick up fer the farm later on today, looks like this place has a l'il of everythin' under the roof. Ah'm not sure exactly if there's anythin' we need, but can't hurt none if anythin' interestin' arouses mah interests! "

Taking a few moments to move the cart away from anywhere that might impede movement, he gives Waddle a quick smile. " Ah reckon there may be more regular lookin' here from the Apple family - y'all seem to have a very neat l'il shop here an' ah figure mah sisters might jus' have a few l'il requirements of ther own t'ask after...ah'll let 'em know to poke around here when they get a good chance to! " - Macintosh knew best about keeping friendly with local business owners and the like...it was part of what helped keep the farm in good stead, and something that usually worked out for the best all around...and considering the owners of this little place seemedto be the sort who would return any co-operation that was shown to them, Mac figured it was probably a safe bet to stay on good terms with the junk shop ponies.

There may well be something in here that could have as equal value for bits as the cart was...he just had to give the place a proper look to find anything that may prove useful in future!

The steely-grey young stallion trotted up to the facility which appeared to function as a junkyard, his deep-brown mane and tail being tossed in the light breeze. Furrowing his brows slightly, Gearly paused many yards away to ponder how likely it was that he'd been lead to the correct establishment. He'd heard tell that a great number of unusual odds and ends could often be found at this antique shop, but given how far removed his source was from the individual who actually visited the store... Well, Gearly wasn't about to get his hopes up, especially given the ramshackle appearance of some parts of the yard. On the other hoof, such a collection of refuse and detritus was certain to have some useful bits and gubbins laying about.

Blinking once, the stallion flinched slightly at the realization that he'd just been standing near the middle of the road, staring blankly at the building, trying to divine his chances of success. Quickly cantering up to the door of the shoppe, Gearly paused briefly at the door to brush some of the ubiquitous country dust from his pelt before rapping at the door with his hoof. He was immediately aware that his self-taught conglomeration of big-city manners was a bit out of place when entering a country establishment with the word "OPEN" in big, friendly letters hanging in one of the windows. Without a doubt, he was sure that he was creating a scenario that would inevitably lead to his embarrassment. Beginning to ponder how best to avoid further social anxiety, the grey earth pony began acutely aware of the ever increasing span of time between his knocking and his entrance into the quaint shop. Without a moment to lose, Gearly tentatively pushed open the door with a leg criss-crossed with minute scars, slipping his head through the door.

"He-Ermm...S-salutations. I imagine this fine establishment is open? O-Of course it is..." Wincing at the absurd question he'd just put forth, he stepped into the room, noting the collection of other ponies in the building. As his eyes drifted to the young pegasus filly and the disheveled proprietor of the business, Gearly winced ever-so-slightly at the state of the stallions appearance. He then glanced toward the well-built stallion, vaguely reminiscent of Gearly's elder brother, bartering with the elderly grey pony. His torn left ear flapped nervously as he greeted the employees and customers alike, "G-Good day, Filly and Gentlecolts... Perhaps you may have a certain antiquated device my family's farm has dire need of?"

It's been quite the time since I've RP'ed. If my style is clashing or any other issues, please let me know. I'd be more than happy to oblige.

It was a dubious question that Scootaloo asked to Pigpen, one that she had doubts as to the answer that she would get. The orange filly understood that something happened to most ponies when they grew up. They would abandon the thing that they loved as fillies or colts and forget the fun and imagination that happened during that time. Well, Scootaloo wasn't going to be like one of those ponies forgetting their foalhood. Still she wondered how much that the junkyard and antiques shop owner remembered.

To her delight the stallion recalled very well about having his own clubhouse. Why Scootaloo could imagine a small but still interesting structure sitting in the trees, much like her and her friends' clubhouse. To her delight the stallion even found a box of his things from the clubhouse. Looking in the box gave a glimpse into the stallion's life as a colt with what he used to play, those simple things that held much value. Her eyes though settled upon a few Wonderbolts carvings, ones that although she couldn't tell who they were did clearly have the uniforms.

"I've never seen these Wonderbolts before when they were in town" she said carefully holding the figures as if made of glass, "who are they?"

Just then the door opened and the filly turned to see who entered in the shop. It was yet another stallion, a curious thing have so many in one area as there were many more mares that the filly would encounter in Ponyville than stallions. Why this was a case the orange Pegasus had no idea.

"Oh hello there," she said to the newcomer, "My name's Scootaloo. I take it you're looking for neat things too."

Mr. Waddle smiled as he quickly devoured the apple. He usually didn't snack while 'on the job' but after his tummy began rumbling loudly, he thought it best to end the embarrassing rumbling noises fast.

"I've always said that Sweet Apple Acres had the best apples in all the land!" the delighted elderly stallion neighed as he listened to Big Mac. "By all means, Big Mac, feel free to browse the store! We have a lot to offer, you'd be surprised the number of royal ponies who have stopped by to shop here! Princess Cadance and even Princess Luna have visited in the past. And if you see anything else you like, I know our store will gladly extend you more credit. And your sisters, AppleJack and AppleBloom are more than welcome to visit our store too! And do tell Granny Smith to come by also!"

At the mention of Granny's name, Mr. Waddle's smile got even wider. Mr. Waddle decided to stay near Big Mac, in case he had any questions about the items he would be looking at.

Meanwhile, Pigpen smiled when he saw Scootaloo's interest in all his old treehouse momentos. The shaggy, unkempt stallion wanted to see somepony else enjoy these things, just as he did long ago. The eager Pegasus filly asked about the Wonderbolt figurines.

"Ah! These figurines were hoof carved," Pigpen explained. "I remember how my parents told me how they recovered these items from a house they were hired to clean out in Cloudsdale. Don't ask me how they were able to travel to, let alone walk around in Cloudsdale, being Earth ponies like me. Anyway, the one you're holding now is Lightning Flash! She retired from the Wonderbolts many years ago. And the one next to her is Ring Out. He's also retired from the team but now serves as the Wonderbolt's official trainer. The smallest one is the first known figurine of a very young Spitfire. To this date, she is the youngest pony ever to make the Wonderbolt's team! There may be a few more Wonderbolt figurines in there, I seem to vaguely remember having General Firefly and Colonel Purple Dart too."

It was at that moment that Geary entered the store. Scootaloo was the first to greet the newcomer, Rascal was the second at the raccoon darted over to him and gave him a polite bow. Both Pigpen and Mr. Waddle wanted to make Geary feel welcome too.

"Hello there, kind sir," the shaggy, unkempt stallion said, "welcome to my shop! You say you need some farm equipment? Mr Waddle did a recent inventory of those items, so chances are, if you'll tell us what you're looking for, we can find it for you quickly."

"Indeed!" Mr Waddle neighed as Pigpen's loyal flies flew into action, quickly fetching and carrying the written list over to the elderly stallion. "Thanks, pals!"

Macintosh spent a good few moments glancing around - a few well used lanterns, some cutlery of various metals and other generally assorted knickknacks and household paraphenalia were the most immediately pertinant things he could see, although he knew that looks could be rather deceiving in a small place like this...although many could argue that the phrase was fairly applicable through most things anyway. the Apple family household has a few knicknacks around here and there, which had been collected from shops just like this from places all around equestria.

It was a comfortable environment, and it seemed as though the customer supply wasn't really hurting - they were clearly an odds and ends kind of shop that, regardless of who ran it, would likely be a popular little establishment because of the comfortable environment and well set prices which, if things were in the favor of buyer and sellers alike, were wholly fair.

Macs attention was soon taken by a small pair of objects that could have been easily overlooked by most - it was harder for mac, however, because the objects themselves related heavily to a little something that he'd had in his possession for a little while now, and had not had the chance to return it to the proper owner. The item in question was a miniature Notepad and Quill, a popular accessory for the smartie pants line of dolls that had proven quite a popular hit amongst ponies all over Equestria, and after a particular incident many moons ago, Big Mac had found himself in possession of Twilight Sparkles own and had never really gotten a chance to give it back...schedules were always a hassle, and now that she was a Princess, it had been surprisingly tricky for Mac to get the personal fortitude to simply bring it back...he couldn't just leave it on a doorstep for her - who knew what might happen to it?

He'd recently been unable to find where he'd put the notepad and quill - looks like his luck was in, a replacement was just within sight!

" Uhh... " he begins, clearing his throat slightly and looks over in the direction of waddle briefly. " Applebloom has th' doll that belongs to - or at least a doll like it...how much would that, uh, cost? "

Aha, a coy cover story - Mac was almost about ready to congratulate himself on a well thought explanation, entirely aware the the whole situation around that doll would simply be too awkward to explain quickly!

• 2 weeks later...

Slowly growing more at-ease in the situation, he breathed a gentle sigh of relief and his attention was turned to the shaggy stallion that appeared to be the proprietor of the shop. Gearly could certainly understand how such a stallion did not keep his facility in such fastidious order as Gearly might have, had he run the little storefront. Smiling warmly to Pigpen, he nodded his thanks and turned toward the elderly Mr Waddle as the flies delivered hoof-written list, and stole his wandering thoughts away for a moment.

"What peculiar mannerisms for flying insects. Back upon my family's homestead, those creatures were nothing more than bothersome pests..." Gearly mumbled aloud as he briefly pondered upon the peculiar nature of the critters, before realizing he may have offended them. Surely these creatures where a great deal more intelligent than the average fly back home and as such might take his words more harshly than he intended. "Erm..N-No offense intended, Gentlec-...erm..Gentle...bugs?"

Returning his attention to Mr Waddle, he smiled politely, his his brownish muzzle dipping as he gave a slight nod, his messy mane bobbing with the motion. The farm he was born and raised on specialized in growing wheat and hay for a significant portion of the surrounding land's inhabitants. Such a task was made significantly easier by the use and upkeep of several simple devices which greatly aided the family's efficiency. Recently, one of the harvesting devices had snagged a rock and caused a fracture in one of the blades that had expanded over time, rending the device quite hazardous to use. Gearly had set out into the not-so-nearby areas in search for a replacement blade, or at the very least, a new machine. "One of the machines on our farm has suffered a tragic accident which has rendered it inoperable. Would you happen to have any devices which are capable of harvesting long, grass-like cross or have a variety replacement blades about? The specifications must be very close to the original design, lest the delicate mechanics be thrown off."

There was nothing like a history lesson about the Wonderbolts, the team that both Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash admired, to brighten up the filly's eyes. Sure history could be dull at time with the battle of this or the colonization of that but this topic was something she could really get into! What interested her was first the fact that these came from a house in Cloudsdale where at some point a pony carved them. Maybe this pony wanted to be a toy maker or maybe he or she was even asked by the Wonderbolts to make their likeness into these figures. All were very well made with each line curve and paint.

"So, these are past Wonderbolts. I can't believe that this is a figure of Spitfire! She's almost a young as me here!"

Hearing that there were possibly more the filly dove back into the box of wonders, hoping to fine the remaining Wonderbolts.

Pigpen, Mr Waddle, Rascal and all of Pigpen's loyal flies were all happy that the store was now full of customers. Big Mac seemed to be interested in a 'toy accessory' for his little sister, Geary was looking for farm equipment and/or repair parts while Scootaloo was very excited to rummage through Pigpen's old toys.

"By all means, Miss Scootaloo, search to your heart's content! You may even find other Wonderbolts collectable items in that box!" the shaggy, unkempt stallion said as he turned towards Big Mac. "Ah! The quill and notepad accessories for the Smarty Pants doll! I do sell a lot of those, you'd be surprised how many adult ponies part with their foalhood toys. This is why I have quite a few Smarty Pants dolls and her accessories in nearly mint condition! Just between you and me, Big Mac, I've heard that there are even a few adult ponies who collect Smarty Pants items too! Anyway, I think it's wonderful that you care enough about AppleBloom to buy these little items for her. Tell you what, I'll only ask one bit for both items, we can put that on your bill and you can always pay later, if you like."

Meanwhile, Mr Waddle began to wait on Geary.

"I see," the elderly stallion said with a nod. "I do believe we had several pieces of farm equipment outside in the back barn. Perhaps one of these could serve to replace your broken machine. If you'll follow me please, sir?"

As Mr. Waddle led Geary out of the store, Pigpen's flies who had heard the newcomer's remarks did a quick 'fly by' around his head before returning to orbiting the shaggy, unkempt stallion store owner. When they reached the barn, Mr Waddle pulled open the huge doors to reveal four rather large looking farm machines inside.

"Pigpen was very fortunate to acquire all of these farm machines. These two were salvaged from an old abandoned farm outside of Trottingham. Of course, Pigpen and I refurnished them with newer parts and cutting blades. This one in the back was a recent creation. Seems a travelling Stalliongradian mare was staying in Ponyville for a month and in that time, built this harvester as a hobby in her spare time. When she had to move on to the next town, she couldn't take it with her so she gave it to Mr. Pigpen as a gift since he had helped her find the parts it took to build it. The fourth machine, as you can see, is quite rusted. Just got this piece a few days ago, haven't had a chance to work on it yet. Any of these interest you, sir?"

Meanwhile, back in the store, Rascal quietly walked over to the box where Scootaloo was still searching. Finding a discarded figurine, the raccoon picked it up and brought it over to her, holding it up in his paws.

"Ah! Looks like Rascal found one of my best Wonderbolt figurines!" Pigpen neighed happily as he directed Big Mac to look in that direction. "It's a really rare one! A legendary Pegasus mare named Rainbow Cloud! She was the Wonderbolt captain around two hundred years ago. She's very distinct, notice her multi colored mane and tail! Miss Scootaloo won't want to pass up that one!"

Macintosh decided that it wasn't worth making a big issue over the scent of the particularly interestingly scruffy pony before him, seeing as he had come back from the fields of Apple Acres in somewhat an almost equal state, although he usually did make the most of a small measure of a bath before venturing near the sisters and granny smith - it was, afterall, the more polite thing to do in that situation.

Instead, the Apple stallion decided that it was much more appropriate to tend to his offer, considering the fact it was pretty generous of him to simply allow for the late payment as suggested. " Well, ah guess that'd be mighty nice of ya, an' all parties involved would definitely be glad t'know that things like that can end up here, now an' then - ah'll have to make sure t'drop by here t'check up on just whats been dropped off occasionally...ah'm sure Applebloom would be most thrilled to hear that a place this local tends to somethin' such as, y'know, this kinda thing! "

At any rate, it was beginning to feel like time to wrap things up here - afterall, he had no bits left on him at the moment and it seemed pointless to be standing around ogling goods and services when he had no immediate means of buying them...and getting them on extended trust didn't really seem to be something that was worth pushing too far. With that thought in mind, Mac excuses himself from the salesponies and takes a moment or two to attach his harness to the cart that he'd freshly acquired, and proceeds to offer up farewells to all who are present in the shop.

" Eeeeeyup, not too bad a place at all! " the Apple stallion muses as he makes his way to his next intended destination.

" Think ah might jus' have to revisit there when ah get the chance! "

[Exit mac!]

• 2 weeks later...

I'm terribly sorry about the delay in posting, life has been a bit hectic as of late. I'll try to pick up the pace.

As Gearly followed the elderly pony to the rear of the main building, his heart began to flutter excitedly. He had espied several bits and parts in the junk yard piles that had nearly turned him away from the establishment. As they walked through the lot between the barn and store, Gearly's head swiveled this way and that, eyes darting to all the piles of refuse, looking eagerly for any potential parts. Back on his farm, spare parts such as these were nigh-impossible to come by, and the ready availability of raw materials cause Gearly to begin formulating rough schematics in his head, making mental notes of the potential that lay in each pile.

As Mr. Waddle pulled open the doors to the storage building, Gearly's jaw dropped and a he stared at the machines before him as a three-day starved stallion might stare at a juicy hay-burger. As Mr waddle began explaining the story of each machine, Gearly slowly meandered into barn, walking amongst the machines, circling them and appraising them with a careful eye. The machine that had been built from scratch and the rusted machine seemed to catch his fancy, and, if Mr. Waddle listened carefully, a quiet mumble of "So much potential..." could be heard from Gearly as he inspected the rusted machine. Shaking his head once and breaking from his reverie, he turned to Mr. Waddle, his expectations clearly surpassed.

"I saw, Mr... Waffe- No, Mr. Waddle. S-Sorry." The stallion chuckled nervously as his mistake, hoping he had not offended. "I, regrettably say, I was not expecting much when I first ventured here... But these machines and the potential laying in wait in those piles of "junk" outside..." Gearly had put an odd emphasis on the word "junk", as though he could no long comprehend of it as refuse, but could not find a more suiting term that would still convey the correct notion. He glanced back at the four machines, his eyes lingering on the last two that had been described, grinning ear to ear as he turned back to the pony before him. "My expectations of this place have been far-exceeded and then some! P...Perhaps we can come to an agreement... I was not expecting to procure an entire construction, so I have come quite...financially unprepared for such, but...I am quite skilled in the repair and creation of mechanical devices..." He turned his head to the two machines once more, almost talking to the machines now as he daydreamed about the potential possibilities for either. "May I suggest I purchase the one created by the Stalliongrad mare at discounted price, but, as compensation, fix up that rusted machine for you?" Gearly, once again, turned his attention back to Mr. Waddle, almost trembling in anticipation, groundlessly half-certain that this arrangement would be totally unacceptable for the business.

Scootaloo was about to dive head first into the box of wonders, hoping to find more Wonderbolt figures, when she noticed that Big Macintosh was making his exit.

"Bye Big Macintosh. Tell Apple Bloom for me that I'll be getting some great stuff for the clubhouse."

She was not sure if thee stallion heard her, but oh well. Now there was more pressing matters of finding those Wonderbolts figures. What she found next though was strange.

"What's this Pigpen," Scootaloo asked displaying what looked like a wooden top with a hole on the handle and a string, "It looks like a top, but what's the string for?"

"Goodbye Big Mac! Thanks for the business!" Pigpen shouted as he and Rascal waved at the departing stallion. Meanwhile, in the outer building, Mr. Waddle listened to Gearly's offer.

"That sounds splendid!" the elderly stallion neighed. "I'll agree to this deal! You're getting a fine machine here. Perhaps you've heard of the Stalliongradian mare who built it, her name is Tankena, some call her Tank Mare. Quite a mechanical genius for one so young. Graduated first in her class at Canterlot University, quite a fear for an Earth Pony, they say. Anyway, I know I can speak for Mr. Pigpen when I say that your offer is most generous and I'm certain we can come to an agreeable sum of payment!"

Back in the store, Pigpen now turned to Scootaloo to answer the filly's question.

"The string serves as a faster release for the top, to spin it much faster than simply using one's hoof to spin it. As you can see, it's a loose string, so you have to make sure you don't lose it or it'll have to be replaced. The string is already in the loop, so if you hold the top upright and quickly jerk on the string, that will cause the top to spin very fast. Want to give it a try, Miss Scootaloo?"

• 3 weeks later...

"D-Do you really think so?" Gearly's eyes widened at the Mr. Waddles exclamation, excitement filling the young stallion. The elder pony seemed so sure of the dear, the proprietor of the establishment would hopefully have such enthusiasm for the idea. It seemed as though suddenly so many possibilities had just opened before him. As Mr. Waddle began about the creator of the device, Gearly listened intently, seeming a young colt enraptured with a tale of daring and excitement. On occasion, he took moments to give comment at the grey stallion's dialogue. "I'd never heard of her....She went to Canterlot University? Oh, I am jealous! I'd wanted to go myself, but.. Well, I was fated to educate myself in such mechanics."

With the comment that the arrangement would be agreeable, Gearly beamed brightly, turning about and starting to head towards the store proper. "Shall I discuss it with Mr. Pigpen to make sure that such an arrangement is agreeable for all parties?" His voiced virtually bubbled with giddiness as he trotted toward the storefront and it took every bit of his will power to not jump for joy at his situation. He would not only be able to provide his family with the required farming equipment, but he'd also found a way to practice his passion!

Listening to the purpose of the string with the wooden top, Scootaloo wrapped the string around the handle and then flung it out with all his might, keeping a hold of the top as best as she could. The top spun as it uncoiled from the string, flying through the air before touching down on the floor. The top spun for a good few minutes afterwards as Scootaloo stood mesmerized before it wobbled and collapsed on the floor.

"Wow! Look at how fast it went on the first try. I bet my friends would love this. How much for the top?"

Mr Waddle nodded at Geary's suggestion.

"Of course we'll talk to Pigpen first, but I am very confident he'll approve! Let's go back into the shoppe and ask him!" the elderly stallion said as he opened the door leading inside for him. "I'm not surprised you've never heard of Tankena. Although she is a rather boisterous young mare, she lives a quiet life in Stalliongrad, working at her parent's blacksmith shop."

As Mr. Waddle led Geary inside, at that moment Pigpen turned towards Scootaloo and smiled when she asked how much the top would be.

"Tell you what, young filly. If you see anything else you're interested in among the items in that box, I'll make you a good package deal for them, the top will be included of course!"

• 3 weeks later...

Returning to the rear of the little shoppe, Gearly raised his hoof and rapped once at the door. He blinked, chuckling lightly at the persistence of his habits, realizing full well that he was not expect to knock. Opening the door, he slipped into the building once more, clearly beaming as he approached Pigpen.

"Mr. Waddle and I have fabricated an agreement that would very likely be to your liking, sir." He quickly, but carefully, explained the proposed agreement, nearly certain that the stallion before him would find the arrangement just as agreeable as Mr. Waddle.

Scootaloo liked the idea of bundling together all these little items into one big sale. She felt like a filly on Hearth's Warming Day getting tons of presents. Why to her surprise and delight this place had tons of treasures saved and lovingly preserved. If she wasn't careful though her fellow Crusaders' money would be gone in a flash. Still the figures and the top were nice and she could of course always share them with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle. With a quick rummaging through the box in case she didn't miss any awesome things, she was ready.

"Alright, looks like six figures and a top. So, how much would that be?"

Pigpen was delighted to have so much going on in his store today!

"I'll be with you in a moment, sir," the shaggy, unkempt stallion politely said to Gearly as he turned his attention to young Scootaloo. He smiled, seeing that the filly truly wanted to buy some of his old toys. There are times like these he was glad to be a shopkeeper, so that he could set his own prices for his items.

"Miss Scootaloo, you are in luck!" Pigpen neighed happily. "I'll let you have every item you selected for the low low price of, one bit for the entire lot! Think about it while I attend to this stallion's requests."

Pigpen now turned towards Gearly. When Mr. Waddle quickly explained the agreement the elderly stallion had worked out with him, the smelly stallion grinned widely.

"Excellent deal! I approve wholeheartedly!" Pigpen neighed, reaching out to shake Gearly's hoof. "I am delighted that Mr. Waddle could hammer out an agreement with you! That's what we strive for in my store, to make every customer happy! Mr Waddle can arrange any paperwork or receipts you may need."

"Yes Mister Gearly, whatever you need, I'll be happy to get it for you!" Mr Waddle neighed as Pigpen returned to Scootaloo.

"Miss Scootaloo, do we have a deal?"

• 3 weeks later...

Gearly's hoof-shake, cementing the deal, was a slightly overly-energetic, yanking Pigpen's leg up and down quickly. Still overcome with the excitement of the deal and his incredibly luck, the giddy young stallion couldn't stop beaming and fidgeting excitedly, eager to get the meat of the transaction. He turned toward Mr. Waddle, his face lit-up like a young colt who just heard school was closed, and he asked, "So what manner of contract is there? Is there one at all? S-so m-many minute details to work out!" Gearly was unsure how exactly the two business-stallions conducted their trade, but he was so used to the structure of Canterlot and other larger cities that he naturally assumed there to be a contract that would lay forth every deal.

Scootaloo's eyes went wide hearing Pigpen's decision. Why these figures would be worth much more the filly figured being so old. But the filly knew that the antiques owner knew more about business that she could.

"It's a deal!" Scootaloo said as she stuck her hoof out while looking anound the store to make sure she didn't overlook anything else for the Clubhouse.

Zecoralux_zps9639adbb.png

Zecora was on her way back from Ponyville when she caught a strange sight. It was a junkyard, one of treasures lost to time and decay, but there was something more there. Amid the setting was a building that sold antiques.

"Perhaps in this place not all things are lost. I wonder what treasures are inside and of course the cost."

Pausing to check her saddlebag for money Zecroa found she had a surprisingly high amount. Normally the zebra lived by bartering her potions for essentials like food and comfort items. Yet recently her efforts were rewarded with money which to her still worked but must be carefully planned as it was quicker to spend than gather. With a satisfied nod she trotted towards the door and entered, gazing at the almost overwhelming amount of things on the floor walls and even hanging from the ceiling.

"Is anypony here, or is my time too late I fear?"

Mr. Waddle walked over to the counter and pulled out several papers.

"Mr. Gearly, an agreement has been accepted. If you require a receipt or a contract, I'll gladly write one up for you! Usually Pigpen has me to handle those sort of things for the store. However, most of our business in this store is conducted on a hoofshake agreement, with no paperwork as such. It is entirely up to you! I can speak for Pigpen when I say, we completely trust you. If you completely trust that we'll keep our end of the bargain, then we can leave it at a hoofshake. Again, Mr. Gearly, your call, as the younger set would say."

As Mr. Waddle took care of Gearly, Pigpen accepted Scootaloo's hoof to shake.

"Very good, Miss Scootaloo! It's a pleasure doing business with you, please tell AppleBloom and Sweetie Belle where you bought all this items!" Pigpen neighed as he spotted Zecora. "Would you please excuse me a moment, I'll be right back."

Taking a quick look at himself in a wall mirror, the shaggy, unkempt Earth stallion galloped over to where the famous zebra had entered his shop.

"Zecora! Welcome to my humble store! How may I help you?" Pigpen asked, doing a quick bow of respect. Grinning from ear to ear, the giddy Earth stallion eagerly awaited her commands. Could this be 'love at first sight' for Pigpen? He was awestruck at the beauty of the zebra, his pulse racing and his eyes wide open.

Archived