anyone here know of or loves Majora's mask (interest Check for possible RP)

Sailu

so as stated above who here wants to see a Majora's mask RP i personally have an awesome take on the idea and would like maybe 3-4 members for a good fleshed out cast, as well as maybe a DM or GM for narrative purposes.

oh wow where to begin so the base of it is this The gameplay is centered on the perpetually repeating three-day cycle and the use of various masks, some of which allow Link to transform into different beings. Link learns to play several melodies on his ocarina, which have a variety of effects like controlling the flow of time or opening passages to four temples, which house challenges Link must overcome. Unlike Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask requires the Expansion Pak, which provides additional memory for enhanced graphics and more on-screen characters. Majora's Mask was acclaimed by critics, who praised the graphics and complex story.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to join in. After all, we could always make our own Zelda-ish world. After all, Twilight Princess had many heroes. :)

I actually had to rephrase my last sentence. It didn't sound right the way I first wrote it :blush:

well my idea is Majora won and wiped out 98% of termina with pretty much only the stone tower and the great bay temple with a few remnants of people (us,) take up links cause and maybe a couple of us can fall to majora's will and turn against us and such i'll go in depth more tomorrow morning but thats the gist

okay so majora wiped out all but stone tower and the great bay temple and killed link..so

Majora is now the ruler of cindered remains of termina and has his handful of followers "the church of Majora" build a new termina (or temple ish thing)

the first 7 mins are what i'm basing this RP around

Holy cow, that's epic! It even gave me an amazing idea for a character, whom grew up or sought refuge (depending on how long it's been since link's defeat) in the Stone Tower and has amazing dexterity, perfect for scaling the Stone Tower's many levels.

Okay, so not really enough time fore someone to have lived their whole life in the Stone Tower, but still long enough for them to have been to young to go to war. That works. Also, what are we going to do about the fact that the three who wield the triforce are constantly reincarnated? I know the video said that the triforce was destroyed, but I feel like that wouldn't stop their reincarnation. ​Not to mention the fact that the triforce is basically indestructible since it's the most powerful thing to have ever existed but whatever.

well in my mind (and many many others)THIS is Majora's actual power is on full display here cannon or not Majora would be the only one that COULD outright destroy the triforce like that

So, to better understand everything, I did a little more digging. So the Triforce grants wishes when all three pieces are combined, which definitely makes sense why Majora would want it so badly. However, if the person making the wish does not have a balance of Power, Courage, and Wisdom then the Triforce will separate itself. The piece that best personifies the person's wish will be granted to said person, while the remaining two find suitable hosts. Now, I also did some research on Majora's Mask, and since we're using theories here, Majora's Mask was presumably created by the Interlopers, and they were also able to seal it away in shadow. This means that those who created the mask are more powerful than the mask. However, dark magic was banned from Hyrule by the three Goddesses, and the tribe was sealed away in the Twilight. Now, in order for this to happen, the Goddesses would have to be more powerful than those that created the mask, yes? Ergo, the Goddesses are more powerful than Majora's Mask. It is true, however, that the Goddesses have long since abandoned the world, but they left all of their power in the form of the Triforce. So, I have come to this conclusion: Goddesses = Triforce; Triforce > Interlopers; Interlopers > Majora's Mask; Triforce > Majora's Mask.

TL; DR: Through research, I believe the Triforce is too powerful for Majora's Mask to simply destroy.

Quick Addition: Even if you still don't agree with me, consider this: the Triforce contains a massive amount of energy. Energy, in 99% of cases, is neither created nor destroyed. With such thinking, it would be possible for the power of the Triforce to still exist, but in a different form.

meh i see your points, but Majora is nothing but a life wiper, he is also Death its self and he would wipe the floor with ganon even with the TFOP, even at some point immortal beings wish for peace (death) so looking at it that way the goddess's left I.E wanted to die, so there for the triforce lost its power (just as in the prayers did reach I.E ignored or sealed away din nay and forr in WW) now mind you i really don't want to incorporate Hyrule and the triforce if its not fleshed out enough

I won't argue that Majora's Mask wouldn't kick Gannondorf's butt, because even the Fused Shadow was able to break Gannon's shield. However, I don't think you can swap peace with death so easily. Even if the Goddesses did want to die though, the Triforce wouldn't lose it's power, because the Triforce is their power. The Triforce doesn't draw it's power from anything, it is a source of power.

So anyway, in the RP would all of the races be basically the same but ponified, or would all of the races be normal and then there's the ponies? I'm thinking the former, but that later could be worked in as well.

we where human but the dark cursed atmosphere made us ponies but zora's are zora's and the very few goron's left are gorons and humans are human that's what i'm thinking anyway but lets put if to a vote

Archived