Mah first time drawing le ponay!

AUXRpwnies

The back leg has a curve and to me it seems you didn't use a reference, I suggest pulling up an image of a pony to see how the body looks, then make two circles a little bit apart and connect them, do not TRACE over the image, as it is there as a reference not for forging :P

The tail needs to be a bit higher. The belly is usually dropped a little more, even for race horses. And... you need a spine. Like lime said... Look at a reference. For both a real horse and MLP's pony. This will actually help you greatly.

The back leg has a curve and to me it seems you didn't use a reference, I suggest pulling up an image of a pony to see how the body looks, then make two circles a little bit apart and connect them, do not TRACE over the image, as it is there as a reference not for forging :P

The tail needs to be a bit higher. The belly is usually dropped a little more, even for race horses. And... you need a spine. Like lime said... Look at a reference. For both a real horse and MLP's pony. This will actually help you greatly.

Took your guys advice and, here's what I gotpost-9813-0-78127900-1398982992_thumb.jp

You are getting there. Round the belly a bit more. shorten the legs just a little bit. They seem to be on the long side. And also bring the knees down just a little more. They are set pretty high.

In a few I can have an example posted for you. However, I am not much of a pony artist myself...

Yeaah... this is drawn at a high resolution. My mistake. Erm... anyways. here is a rough example. I also left the skeleton underneath to help guide you along. Ignore the perspective.

I am a little concerned about the stance however. It looks like he will tip over some with his chest jutted out further than his legs once you add the head. But we will worry bout that later.

Side notes... if you want to get real serious about drawing ponies. It may help to learn their anatomy. Note, this means skeletal blocks, and general meaty areas. Nothing in specfic. You can kinda see that in the drawing below.

--If you want to be that guy--

Now if you want the perspective in the mix... from a side view with an empty environment, you want the vestige to head to the middle of your character if it's only him. This gives it a bit more depth, and dynamism. It also helps make it look better as well.

example_drawing_by_tangletailpro-d7gsi9z.png

Archived