Need Help! OC Portrait WIP

As the title states, I am now attempting my first shot at drawing my first OC! Both as in OC art, and as my first My Little Pony OC in general! YAAAAAAY.

But there are some issues. as far as training goes in art, I have trained mostly with the human figure, dynamism, and motion. Some abstract, and colors. Even then, there is some realism to it. Simplicity is not really natural to me... and a pony is definitely on my "HOW THE HECK DO YOU DO THIS" List. So I am going to post what I have so far, and those with more experience with ponies and such.......

COULD YOU GIVE ME A HAND ;-;

This is what I got so far. There are a few errors I can see, I know that. But this is also just a rough out. The hind legs need to be re-positioned. the fore hoof is not broad enough... and the fore hoof that's done needs to come out more.

java_image_by_tangletailpro-d7jb06l.png

The body design I am going for is a cross mix between Work horse, and Show horse. So he'll have a Smaller body than a work horse, not as much bulk, but still have some look of power behind it. And sexy pose for the show horse I suppose. Thinking of changing the left arm's placement... he may hold up something if I can get him balanced enough. Tail will be wrapped and mangled, and as far as mane goes... Normally it's long and messy, but for the purpose ease... I am going to change that :/ Maybe something like Dr. Horrible's hairstyle.

Alright... next one up. A lot of errors fixed! But now I got to figure out how to draw a better head than this garbage...

Also maybe he's holding a book... maybe he has his hoof propped up on a tool or something... who knows.

java_image2_by_tangletailpro-d7jd2v6.png

I think I will ditch the three quarters view... I noticed most stallions on the show don't even get that view, unless it's almost completely facing the camera.

Still looks good to me. You need to add eyes and maybe make the eyes a litte bit closer to the muzzle. :) Otherwise is looks really good!

Archived