Cures for All Ills!://Open Thread

QuickLime

Tribulationshopbanner_zps2d6803b5.png

The Apothecary was quiet today, as the owner of it had stepped out and had left Tribulation in charge of it for the day! It was a rather small shop in Canterlot, that had only two stories, the shelves were lined with various pouches, tins, and glass vials and bottles full of various colors of liquid! There were boxes and display cases full of dried herbs, bowls of various substances, and just anything anypony would need to treat everything from lack luster mane, to a bad cough! The sign outside clearly said open and all were welcome to trudge in and either buy ingredients for their own potions and brews, or buy something ready made off the shelves!

TriBanner_zps20e27570.png

Tribulation had on her best face for today, mane tied back with a green hair tie and a smile on her muzzle, hooves resting on the counter as she used her magic to tidy the shop up, sweeping any unwanted dust and dirt through the cracks in the wooden floor, and straightening a few of the bottles. After a few moments she removed her hooves from the counter and started to trot along behind the cash register where the majority of the potion bottles were, checking the dates to make sure nothing had to be thrown away!

A few were very close to their end date, so she marked them down accordingly, as they always discounted merchandise that could go off soon, and flat out threw away anything that was past it's potency peek. Potions really only worked when they were at their best!

Glancing back towards the door she tilted her head, hoping somepony would come by soon, otherwise she'd have to start TALKING to herself and the pony couldn't have that happen now could she?

"Certainly not!" Oopse..She smacked herself with her hoof, not outloud Tribulation! Not OUT LOUD!

The stallion known only as Copper wandering down the streets of Canterlot, levitating a scroll in front of him, treating it as his only guide to where he would find this Potion's shop. In his line of work, he faced many dangers, from corrupt ponies down in Las Pegasus, to the wild, violent creatures prowling down in the Everfree Forest for clients who needed any sort of help he could offer. Many of these trips had tired Copper down, made him suffer cuts, burns, and frigid temperatures in the North of Equestria. From one of his trusted contacts in the very city he was in, Copper was directed to not very well known apothecary and potion shop that could aid him in his life-long work.

Deciding to browse the wares and see what exactly the shop could offer, Copper set out with a detailed map of the city, directions from his friend, and started following said directions toward his prize, his beloved duster, desperado, and harmonica joining the search with him.

It only took Copper a moderate amount of time, after a few wrong turns and passing greetings to ponies he knew from the past, to find what he was looking for. "Tribulation's Apothecary and Potionary Shop" stood out at the front of the small, two story building. A quaint little abode, Copper thought to himself, smiling slightly at the sight before hearing a voice come from inside the shop. Knowing that there was someone in there, and that it was most likely open, Copper walked up to the door and opened it with his magic, and walked in to discover a black-furred unicorn mare behind a counter of various potions and herbal ingredients.

Copper took a quick glance around the shop, noting the vast rainbow of colours on the shelves of the business, growing more and more curious at what this place could hold. It seemed to Copper that if the liquids on the shelves had any indication, this shop could have what he wanted, and more, and it could be his go-to potion shop for whenever he needed a little pick-me-up.

Copper stepped up to the counter and took off his hat, bowing to the presence of the shop owner, before placing his hat on the counter.

"Hello there, ma'am, mighty fine day we're having today, eh? Anyway, the name's Copper, and I was directed to your quaint store by a friend of mine, and was told you had a stunning collection of potions that could help me in my line of work. You see, I travel a lot and get into a couple of... scrapes out there. Do you have any brews that might help me in any way in that regard? Something that could sustain me in a cold, or hot environment, or some healing potions would help me out greatly."

Archived