After School Special (ATTN: Zoebel)(Ended)

Lux

Z8cNliC.jpg

This had to be a very frightening... no the most frightening day of guiding Light's life as he exited the school house along with his fellow school mates. This was worse that the time he got lost in the Everfree Forest at Night, worse than his bouts of shyness, even worse than when he encountered that skunk that he thought was a cat. He paced back and forth nervously as all of the other fillies and colts went about their merry way, some in groups of friends bound for fun and adventure while others walking home.

"How did i get into this mess," Light muttered knowing full well how he did. Of course it happened today, a day that started like any other but ended in the most terrifying and yet somehow nice way. And it was all thanks to... her. Why of all ponies did he react the way he did to her?

As his mind swam with the events of the day, he pondered to run away back home or stay behind. He got himself into this and the last thing he wanted to do was chicken out.

"I can do this," he said hoping that if he said it long enough he'd actually believe it.

dyt8rsY.jpg

The little jazzy filly's heart was thumping in her chest like one of her favorite drum beats. This was such a cool development, she met a really nice colt and she'd agreed to meet him after school! Guiding light was a bit different from Bebop, the most notable difference between them being the fact he had his cutie mark. Bebop herself was a blank-flank as pointed out by a certain tiara wearing pony from class. As most fillies her age Bebop was excited to discover her talent but she wasn't as embarassed about her lack of a mark as some, like her grandparents said; "A blank flank has limitless potential."

Bebop let her friend, Haywire head out home on her own. She felt a bit sad to let her friend walk home on her own but Haywire seemed cool with it seeing as she figured out why Bebop was staying back. As soon everypony else left, the blonde maned filly took her saddlebag and poked her head out of the door to see Guiding looking all skittish!

Slowly the filly approached the yellow colt and wrote down something quick on her notepad. Once she made it to Guiding she poked him from behind and smiled at him before planting her notepad in front of herself. On it the pad bore one simple word.

"Hi."

As he continued to pace, Light failed to see that Bebop had left the school until he felt a poke from behind. The colt in surprise jumped back a few steps but upon seeing the filly there he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Oh hello Bebop," Light said happily while trying to quell the anxiety that still bubbled inside him, "How are you?"

Something then came to mind as the colt tried to think about what to say next. It was going in the direction that may be a touchy subject for the filly. But for the sake of any unwanted awkwardness he had to ask.

"um... I really hope this doesn't upset you as we just got to know each other and i like you, but you can hear me speak, right? I'm just saying that because of that board you write on. If you want me to maybe talk slower or write on something like you I can do so."

• 3 weeks later...

dyt8rsY.jpg

"Oh hello Bebop," Light said happily while trying to quell the anxiety that still bubbled inside him, "How are you?"

The blonde filly smiled at guiding before bringing her little notepad back to her side. With her magic engulfing the little writing implement she levitated it upwards while she held her pencil in her lips before quickly writing down some things on the notepad. While she was writing her answer she paused at the sound of Guiding asking a question that made her cringe for a second.

"um... I really hope this doesn't upset you as we just got to know each other and i like you, but you can hear me speak, right? I'm just saying that because of that board you write on. If you want me to maybe talk slower or write on something like you I can do so."

Ugh... Bebop hated that question so much. She knew it was a legitimate question to pose, she was just so tired of answering it. Hearing that Guiding LIght still liked her though softened the blow ... and made her blush a bit. After her momentary blushing pause she continued writing and then showed her notepad to the yellow colt; on it said...

"I'm doing good, Guiding Light. How about you? Also, I can hear you just fine. My ears work just as well as anypony else's."

Light could see on Bebop's face that she was annoyed by the question he asked, or maybe not just him asking the question as he was certain that others asked her before. It was odd for a filly to be carrying around a notepad and writing messages rather than speaking, and Light had to wonder like he was sure of others meeting her whether she was just very shy or if something was wrong with her. But in a surprise the filly's face changed to actually blushing as she wrote her message.

"Oh great," Light said thankful that his conversation attempts were thankfully successful, "And I'm glad you're fine too. Er...I'm fine too... um... too!"

Clearly his nerves started to get to him as he paused planning what to say or do next. He had overcome his shyness for the most part when talking with other ponies his age, adults, even giving reports in front of class! So why was he slipping back into the old bad habits now? Well now was not a time to choke up. He decided to start with an idea.

"Would you like to go out... I mean get some hay burgers and fries? My treat."

He was about to say "on a date," but he wasn't wanting to scare Bebop off. Not when things were going so well.

Archived