(Canterlot) That Crazy Candy Creator (Ended)

Lux

"So, you thought you could defeat me by a sneaky sneak attack," Sweet Surprise said to a poorly drawn picture of Tirek that she had in the candy shop's kitchen, "Stealing my talent and then eating my fabulous fudge. Well, Mr. Cocoa gave me this candy shop and I'll defend it with my life. There are two things I'm good at, making candy and chewing gum, and I'm all out of gum. I'll wrap you up in taffy, whip you with licorice whips, and cover you in hot fudge, all with a grin on my face and a lollipop in my mouth!"

The earth pony grabbed the picture and stuffed in into her mouth before her eyes went wide and spit it out coughing for a few seconds.

"Hmm... needs more sugar," she said dropping the wet wad of paper into the trash.

Sweet then heard the familiar ring of the bell signaling the first customer of the day.

"Hi there," she said bounding through the door of the kitchen and out to the main shop, "Welcome to my shop. Bet you're here for the candy, aren't you? So what can I get for you?"

Welcome to me thread. Be prepared for some fun, crazy moments, and of course candy!

Java swore he had never seen such a shop here before. Then again, when it came to day time activities... he tended to be less observant. Especially when he was more interested in work during the day then he was at night. And sadly, during the night, very few shops were actually open, so not all of them could catch his interested. But this shop here... after having to take a minor detour due to some cobbling work being done to the streets of Canterlot, he happened to come across this quaint little construction.

And so, curiosity has had him piqued! The stallion had never had much of a sweet tooth though. Even as a little colt, and foal. Instead, he had always been drawn to bitter tasting treats and beverages than things that were so sweet... it'd make one's teeth itch. But, as his life long mentor once told him, experimentation was what lead to someone being a great engineer. Even if the world he was experimenting, was simply outside of scope, the outside forces was what usually caused inspiration.

But... when the stallion walked in, the overpowering sweet smell of confectioneries nearly caused him to choke. He slowly strolled through the store, his eyes glancing between the shelves, picking out some interesting choices here and there. "What a strange world I have entered..." Java hummed to himself, wide eyed as he dipped his head down to glance between the jars. So many goods! There were only a few items that he could actually identify. Suckers, candy-canes, and chocolate. Everything else was about as foreign as a diamond dog in Canterlot!

If anything, the pony could only imagine what the shop could be like when school was out, or when parents had brought in their foals for a treat. The chaos it may cause with squealing foals, laughing parents, and smiling kids with sugar all over their face. It must be pretty nice. Once he approached the bell, he gave it a ring, only to be immediately surprised by a tenant running out quite enthusiastically. Perhaps she eats her own product? It would make since for someone this hyper to be running the store. Though her enthusiasm did cause the tired pony to smile.

"Well, I can't really identify most... of the candies in this shop," Java started, realizing he hadn't actually came in for the candy. Heck, why did he even ring the stupid bell! The poor pony, whom was nearing his limits of his week long energy, tried to think of something quick. "Erm... so what do you recommend?"

Sweet Surprise smiled as she saw the familiar wide...er eyed stare that all ponies had entering the store. Indeed the moment that a pony stepped inside it was as if they were transported to another world, one made of everything sweet and wonderful! She let the pony, one who she never saw before take it all in and approach her rather that her usual jumping right into selling something.

"Well sometimes the strange can be wonderful," Sweet said overhearing his first comment, "Take me for example. Most ponies think I'm strange but in a good way! Come to think of it I've never met a normal pony before. But really who wants to be normal? Booorrrinnnggg!"

Her mind then steered back towards helping the stallion that looked absolutely clueless looking around the store, like a pony dropped in an unfamiliar place without knowing where to go or what to do next.

"Well I'll be happy to be your tour guide for this candy coated dream world. Really everything is edible here. Actually a colt did once thought I was made of chocolate and bit my tail. It was ok except it wasn't its usual poofy style for a while until parts of my tail grew back. Anyway, I'm Sweet Surprise! What's your name?"

Java smiled at the thought of her tail now suddenly being chewed off, and even laughed after a brief image of a little foal suddenly eating her tail. “Well,” Java began as he now stepped out of the other's way, and offered a wave of a hoof to tell her to lead on, “I think I'll like a tour. And my name's JavaSun. Funny story behind that one... because I am colored like coffee, and usually smell like it, I've had ponies actually lick me or even tried to nibble thinking I'd taste like it!”

Java then leaned a little closer to one of the Jars, and gave it a gentle tap with his hoof. “everything in this store is edible? Even the glass and floor boards?” While doubtful, the pony actually hoped that this was true. If this was, it would be one of the most fantastic interior designs that he has seen to date! A biodegradable store! A store that can be eaten and rebuilt by a masterful chef! How exciting!

Sweet smiled as the stallion laughed at his story. The mare knew that he certainly wasn't laughing at him, and the story was too good not to tell!

"Nice to meet you Java Sun. Now that you mention it..."

She casually sniffed the stallion's mane, giggling as his hair tickled her nose. She then moved towards his side and sniffed before bringing her head back up.

"Hmm... I detect the faintest hint of Dark Roast Coffee mixed with scented soap, lavender I guess. There is something else, did you have something with garlic? Don't lie because my nose knows! But I guess we have this in common with ponies mistaking us for food."

She watched him look towards several jars filled with sweets located at the main counter. These were typically for foals who just wanted their parents to give them a quick sugary treat on their way through Canterlot and required little thought to buy.

"Well, not everything is edible, although another foal tried to bite into the storefront since it looks so delicious! Of course he wasn't happy afterwards as I think he got a few splinters in his tongue. Poor thing. Oh, actually before we start the tour, I see you have as a cutie mark an E. Hey, that rhymes! So your name isn' an E and unless it relates to the two Es in Coffee I don't think so. Oooo! Maybe it's a riddle. I love riddles. Let's see, your E cutie mark means... eggs! No, maybe environmental, or ersatz, or eraser..."

On an on Sweet Surprise went as she tried to come up with every E word in the dictionary to solve the riddle.

Java didn't really mind the lack of personal space. He actually found the mare quite adorable, and even very entertaining. But, like what she did, he did take the chance to go ahead and get himself familiar with her own scent. Hmm... smells strongly of sugar and other sweets. Though once she pulled away he lifted his own nose to let her escape. "Garlic," Java asked on a curious note. It almost hurt to have such a smell exist on him. "I... didn't eat anything with garlic," he whined, now raising up a hoof his mouth. He huffed out a few breaths, and took a sniff. No... his breath wasn't that bad. Did he stink? How could it be!

He was a bit to distraught to hear the story about the foal trying to eat her store side, but when he finally snapped out of it, he caught her going down bizzarely long list of Es. He curiously tilted his head to the side wondering what she was babbling on about. And then it struck him, his cutie mark!

"Oh... it's a Sigma actually. A mathematical symbol. As for the relation to my name... well.... my name is actually a tad bit longer than JavaSun. It's just something I've shortened it down to, to make life easier."

While normally there were ponies that did seem to mind the way Sweet Surprise interacted with them, often entering into their personal space, Java didn't seem to mind in fact she realized upon starting the tour something interesting about the stallion.

"Wait a minute, were you sniffing me as I was sniffing you? That's funny!"

With a giggle Sweet didn't seem to mind the attention the pony gave her. He was a handsome pony and one who was not shy to get to know her. Still one thing did perplex her.

"Really? No garlic? I could have sworn that I smelled it. It's not your breath though but somewhere else... Oh! Now I know! I'm actually smelling me! I had a grilled cheese sandwich with garlic in the fridge that I'll have for lunch. Guess I got some on me!"

She hoped that cleared up things as the stallion appeared to be worried at how he appeared or in this case smelled to her. But then her attention was drawn back to the E or now Sigma that the stallion had as his mark.

"Oh that's something in math. Hmm... I never saw that when I'm adding or subtracting things with all those boring account things and inventory sheets. What's it for? And your talent is math? Are you a teacher or something?"

Java allowed his eyes to slowly shift to the side after being exposed. Well he was actually caught red hooved, but it doesn't seem like that she actually mined. But, at least they did learn where the garlic smell had came from. Though, what sort of odd ball sandwich did she eat anyways? The pony couldn't even recall any sort of sandwich in his life that required the use of garlic. But either way... the pony tossed the subject aside, leaving it for another date. At least his breath didn't stink.

"Uhm... well computation. Yes I am excellent at math... as it is part of it. Just more involved of course," The pony hummed before slowly turning to the side to pull his cutie mark in better view. He himself also looked down to it, smiling at the gear that surrounded the sigma. "And... the sigma is practically the same as an equal sign. Only it means summation of. IT's used with larger equations. Or more involved systems."

He then looked away from himself, now curious what the other's cutie mark was. He did tilt his head to take a look at her flank. "And... what is your talent?"

"Oh so it does relate to something that starts with E. I knew it! Of course i never saw it used like that. Oh, and you have a gear too. Do you build machines that do math or something?"

Upon asking his question Sweet Surprise momentarily stared at him as if to say "You're kidding, right?" before her face changed back into her happy bouncy self.

"Oh you're such a kidder. well maybe you just didn't see it before."

With that the mare wheeled around revealing what looked like a candy in a pink wrapper, giving her flank and tail a cute little shake in the process.

"I'll give you a hint, my talent is all around you. So, can you guess what it is?"

Java now grinned as she once again struck the hammer right onto a gold mine. "Well... actually yes. I do build machines. I am an engineer. But a machine that does math..." Java now slowly trailed off in thought. This idea was actually a really good one. Though it sounded simple, such an idea could pave the roads to other spectacular inventions! Splendid indeed! While there were a few devices that do such a thing, a machine that can do it better, may just be able to do more than just math! "... Actually, that is a wonderful idea, Sweet Surprise!"

He than took a closer look to the cutie mark, slowly leaning closer and closer with his eyes squinting. Oh how he regrets not taking his glasses with him on a daily basis. And finally he was close enough to see it. Well, that was till he found his nose getting bumped by the other's flank and tail flying against his face. Java quickly reared back with a searing blush, he hadn't realize he had actually gotten that close.

"Oh! Erm. Sorry about that! And... I will go ahead and assume Confections?"

Sweet smiled as the stallion actually took her off hoof comment about a math machine. Apparently there wasn't such a machine, but she wasn't an engineer so she had no clue what was out there or not in terms of new inventions just waiting to be thought up.

"Wow! i invented something! Well, I invented an idea."

Closer and closer the stallion inched his face towards her mark. She wondered what he was expecting to see. after all it was a fairly simple cutie mark that most ponies upon even seeing it from a distance knew what it was. Suddenly as he got too close Java's nose bumped into her flank! Her unconscious reaction was to immediately bat at the sensation with her ultra poofy tail like trying to swat away a fly. She then realized that the stallion was now hit by her tail which amounted to getting hit by a pillow!

"Err... sorry about that as well. My tail sometimes had a mind of its own. But why were you leaning so close? Did you forget your glasses or something?"

Her grin grew wider as the pony guessed correctly what the mark meant.

"Dind! Ding! Ding! You're correct Java. This mark is of a wrapped piece of candy, and that's what I make! Everything you see here I made. Well, everything cadny wise. I'm not really good at building houses. So anyaway, onto the tour. Do you like things fruity, sour, bitter, spicy, or tart?"

Archived