I Just Wanna Fly (Open)

Lux

“Trains are too slow and far too stuffy. Airships are nice, but they’re more for fancy-flying than actually getting to your destination. My sister Fire Walker and her friends Dunder and Mister Muggo actually got to fly in one of Prince Blueblood’s super-fancy airships a few years ago. They also fought sky-pirates and traveled to the zebra’s lands. Hopefully my stay in the R.E.A will be as exciting as hers.”

"Hmm... never been on an airship before," Scootaloo said as she set down the note on the counter and returned to where the others were, "Guess trains are the fastest thing I've been on. They're not stuffy for me, but they are kind of boring if I'm riding without my friends. Sometimes I try to look out the windows and see if I can spot anything interesting, but most of the time the way the train moves and how outside passes by so fast it makes me tired. Sometimes I've even fallen asleep. Luckily I haven't missed my stop when I did that." 

There was much that the filly could learn just by observation, and today one of the things was about having a special somepony. She wondered why Wind Walker had to explain that she kissed the colt on a cheek. Wasn't that the normal place to kiss? well she did see ponies kissing each other on the lips, but that was close to the cheek. 

"Boys are just silly. But it just makes them easier to wrap around your talon or hoof. Keep them off balance, and you can get anything out of them."

"Yeah, they can be goofy at times. I know of a couple in class like that but they aren't goofy around me too much. One time though a pony mistaken me for a colt. Can you believe that?" 

She giggled as the pony and griffon were like two fillies in a candy store, only this time they actually were. She watched as Wind came back with candy bar oddly shaped like pants, some Wonderbolts trading cards, and a pecan pie while Glimmer just seemed to scoop up random little sweets. Knowing the place like the back of her hoof, Scootaloo grabbed a strawberry tart from the serving tray on the counter, a dark chocolate bar, and having seen what Wind Walker bought took a pack of Wonderbolts cards. 

"I got these," she said proudly as she laid them out on a table, "We can eat here, but first let me pay for mine."

She dropped a few bits on the counter and wrote a little note about the things she bought for pinkie Pie before returning to her seat. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

335gvm9.jpg

Wind Walker smiled as the little griffoness helped herself to some candy. That sure was a lot! Even more so were the bits she took out. Either her parents gave her a really big weekly allowance, or Glimmer had saved them all for a special occasion. This was neither the case as the little griffon had STOLEN the money! "Oh-Oh", the filly thought to herself. She didn't want to be like Babs Seed and spoil the fun, but she did not like this at all! Thankfully Scootaloo provided a temporary distraction.

Scootalux, on 06 Mar 2015 - 1:38 PM, said:

"Yeah, they can be goofy at times. I know of a couple in class like that but they aren't goofy around me too much. One time though a pony mistaken me for a colt. Can you believe that?"

"Huh? You a colt? Poor guy must have been blind, crazy-go-nuts, or something else." The colt may have been intimated by the orange Pegasus pony's athleticism, but she was very obvious a filly!

Still with conflicting thoughts bubbling up in her brain, Wind Walker took her candies and found a seat next to Glimmer. The first thing she did was rip open her trading cards. As always, there was a thin piece of brightly pink bubble gum waiting for her with the cards. She set the gum aside and quickly hooved through the cards, "Let's see. Oh for pony's sake.". she pulled out, not one, but two Fleetfoot cards! And while getting the rare dress uniform card wouldn't been too bad, she ended up with the very common 'show costume' card. Doubles! Thankfully the next card was one she did not have yet and woozier, it was a doozy!

The card contained both Spitfire and her favorite, Soarin' wearing Wonderbolts branded swimsuits. She ran into Captain Spitfire during a book singing a few months ago and couldn't help but admire the mare. But it the stallion she liked the most, and while her father had managed to snag an autograph for her, the little filly really wanted to meet her hunky horsey hero. She just hoped when it was time, the little pony would not make a fool out of herself. And speaking of a fool, she sighed and shook her head. This had to be done.

"Glimmer.", she meekly looked up at her friend, "You're gonna hate me for saying this, but er...", she shuddered as she would now and forever be branded a 'goodie-four-horse-shooes', "What you did was wrong. Razor loves you as much as a big brother has ever loved his little sister before, but along with love, comes trust. And when he finds out you snagged some bits from him, he'll still love you, but it might take a long time before he can trust you again. So you should put all that candy back...I mean, it's a bit too much. I can let you have a few bits for some of it..Not all of it...But just enough...And you can give your brother's bits back. He might be a little upset, but not as much as he would be if you kept them."

Glimmer was just about to go sit down, giggling slightly at Scootaloo's comment about being confused for a colt.

"Well, you just need to set them straight," She then walked over to Scootaloo, giving her an appraising eye. She stepped around the filly, looking her over a moment, "Hmmm. You do have a certain....uh tom-boyishness though. Which isn't bad, some guys like that. Though we could definitely make you a real knock out with a little brushing here and there."

Glimmer stepped back then, "But even without it, you definitely have got the charms. The way you can work with your scooter, that would make a number of griffon boys I know back home flip."

Though before she could sit down, Windy spoke up. Glimmer turned, "Hmmm?" She blinked as her friend called her name, and listened as she spoke.

Glimmer felt her feathers droop and she opened her mouth to say something, but Wind's words cut her off. She looked at the ground slightly, spinning a talon in a circle as she looked at the bits, then her candy and her brothers wallet.

"I.....I..., She started, sniffing slightly as she wiped her eyes with a wing and sighed, "You...you're right."

She felt bad now, thinking about Winds words. "But...I just....I guess..."  She found it hard to make a good sentence. An excuse? A reason? She found she couldn't decide or even form one.

Sighing again, Glimmer scooped up all the bits she placed them back into the wallet. She then began placing back some of the candy, though she kept the cupcakes and a few Cruncher bars.

"Oh don't worry. I still have plenty of bits. I uh.....was kinda using Razor's mostly before my own." She admitted guiltily, rubbing her back of her head. With her slightly smaller stash of sweets, Glimmer pulled a small bright red purse and opened it up. She took out the needed bits for her purchases, twenty five bits this time instead of what had to have been eighty five, and placed them into the money jar.

"I guess....I wasn't really thinking about how he felt about it..." Glimmer said to her friend, "Please don't think bad of me." She said, giving a pleading look.

oeruiIA.jpg

Outside the Sugarcube corner that was a cheerful sounding set of notes coming from a peppy little filly on a harmonica. Bebop was having a pretty fun day so far, she'd been doing a whole bunch of chores to save up enough bits for a brand new guitar... and she finally had enough, with extra! So here she was, at ponyville's nifty little sweet shop, planning to use the extra bits to buy one of her favorite treat; a Vanilla oat swirl sundae with ALL the trimmings! Sprinkles, chocolate chips, whipped cream, a cherry on top! The little filly's stomach growled lightly as she daydreamed about the coming treat had little to no nutritional value to a growing filly like herself.. but that's why it was so fun to have, besides being so yummy.

Once the filly stepped in to the place she was ready to bolt towards the serving counter but soon she paused as she heard some familiar voices. It was three of her friends! Glimmer the griffon, Scootaloo, and wind walker were sitting at a table! This was great! Immediately the little filly galloped over with her written greeting set on the table, "Hi girls!"

Scootaloo was surprised to see that Glimmer had such a large amount of bits on her. Scooltaloo couldn't remember the last time that she had that much money from random jobs she did around town and her allowance she got. The only thing that came close was the Crusader's treasury, a collection of funds each pony put into and was managed by Apple Bloom, because after all it was her property that the club house was on. Maybe Glimmer's parents were more generous, or maybe it was her birthday and she got money that way. 

"Huh? You a colt? Poor guy must have been blind, crazy-go-nuts, or something else." 

"Yeah, that might be it," Scootaloo said as she fumbled the packaging on her trading cards, "It might have been my short mane, but I don't want it all long and girly! Plus keeping my mane short does something to using my scooter, what did Rainbow Dash call it? Oh yeah, it reduces the wind resistance which makes me go faster."

"Well, you just need to set them straight," She then walked over to Scootaloo, giving her an appraising eye. She stepped around the filly, looking her over a moment, "Hmmm. You do have a certain....uh tom-boyishness though. Which isn't bad, some guys like that. Though we could definitely make you a real knock out with a little brushing here and there."

But even without it, you definitely have got the charms. The way you can work with your scooter, that would make a number of griffon boys I know back home flip."

Scootaloo knew that colts usually gravitated around certain fillies although she didn't know exactly why them and not her. Sure they were taller than her and long flowing manes, but was that it? Well she wasn't going to grow out her mane anytime soon just to impress a goofy colt. But Glimmer revealed something that made Scootaloo surprised. 

"You think I'd really make colts go goofy over me if I changed my mane slightly? You know I never felt that colts here would like me like that. Maybe as a friend but not like they like the other fillies in class." 

The filly shook her head as Wind revealed some cards she didn't want to get. There was a neat alternate dress uniform one that Scootaloo liked. Maybe what she had would be interesting. The next one was interesting though of Soarin and Spitfire together. 

"Well looks like you got two great cards there Wind. Let's see what I got." 

She opened the backs to reveal her cards. The first was a fairly common card of Spitfire in her Wonderbolts flight suit, one Scootaloo had a few of at home. The second was kind of uncommon of High Winds in her flight suit.

High_Winds.png

The last one though made Scootaloo's eyes go wide. It was a rare holographic image of Lightning Streak! The filly let out a little squeal of delight as she set that down on the table. 

Lightning_Streak.png

But the celebration turned sour as Wind Walker accused Glimmer of stealing her brother's money. It was a big claim to make and Scootaloo had no business to interfere with the two as they knew each other longer than she did. If she needed to break up the argument she would but it was best to let them talk. To her surprise Glimmer admitted that she did take her brother's bits in addition to her own and felt really remorseful about it. 

"I'm not going to feel bad about you Glimmer. You admitted your mistake as I'm sure you'll give the money back to your brother. But I'd really be nicer to him if i were you. He might need those bits for something. Plus knowing my friends who have older sisters having older siblings is cool. They can teach them all sorts of things and help them. If you're really wanting something that bad I can give you a few bits too." 

Just then the bell over the door rand and a familiar face appeared to Scootaloo. It was Bebop Slide, a filly in Scootaloo's class that was fun to play with and had a great talent for playing a harmonica. The filly for some reason couldn't speak but could hear, something that Scootaloo learned over time meeting her. 

"Hi Bebop! Nice of you to join us! Pinkie Pie isn't here but you can get whatever you want and just put the bits in that jar here. Oh and these are my new friends Wind Walker and Glimmer. Wind just moved here and Glimmer is from Canterlot. Say hello to Bebop girls!" 

1o7og9.jpg

“Pfft!”, Wind Walker waved a dismissive hoof towards the little griffon, “I would never think bad of you. Not not now. Not ever...I just..”, she lowered her voice, “Know that even our older siblings who act all tough and try to look out for us, they also can have hurt feelings as well.” Oh-boy, the blue filly was in full Debbie-Downer/Babs Seed mode. She was stuffing drama into something that was supposed to be fun! So that would be the end of it. “Hey now, how about we not talk about that anymore, and you can have a piece of my ‘SBLOUNSKCHED' bar. It looks like pants!" The blue filly continued to be amused by this.

She broke up the rather large piece of choco-pants and hoofed over a few pieces to both Glimmer and Scootaloo. She nodded as the orange filly spoke of her short mane-cut. At least it looked pretty good. Wind was never terribly keen on her hair. Just slightly long and ever so poofy. But if she let it grow long, she would have to devout even more time to take care of it, like her sister. But she had a point. Pegasi with long hair tend to be slower flyers. Her sister Fire Walker was a good example. She was a real slow-poke in the air. Even on the ground she was sort of sluggish, even losing the 'Running Of The Leaves' race to TWO unicorns!

"Ooh! Holo-Card!", the filly gasped as she looked at Scootaloo's cards, "I got one of those of Soarn'. It's kind of funny. He just stands there smiling, and the only thing that moves in his eyebrows. They just go up and down. I heard...oh.", her eyes quickly shifted away from the cards towards the door as a small bell rung as it was open. "Holy socks!", she yelped. It was her!

Wind Walker made her way over to her friend and gave her a Pinky-Pie sized hug! She felt like a big dope, forgetting that the silent filly was a resident of Ponyville! "You bet I know this kid!" She finally released the little unicorn, "Bebop saved my hinder like twice, and I owe her a lot!", she hoofed over part of her choco-pants, "Get what you want, I'll pay for it...As it's the least I can do." Knowing both the orange filly and chick-griffon might be a little confused, the blue Pegasus returned to her seat.

"You know Bebop.", she glanced over at Glimmer, "She was at my very-final sleepover at the house at Canterlot. With you, and Babs, Fast and some others. But we did meet during a little trip under Canterlot's castle. And I gots to say, that was really scary! We got lost. Saw one of those super-bears...Guh!", she shuddered, "Still having nightmares about that one!" While she would never admit it, it took the filly over a month after the event in the underground, before she would sleep in her own bed.

CHOCO-PANTS!

2j0fvgi.jpg

Glimmer smiled and placed her head up against Windy's cheek, her feathers soft and tickly as she nuzzled her and giving a delighted purring noise.

"Thank you Windy. And you're right. I shouldn't eat so many sweets anyway, it would ruin my figure." She said, she nuzzled the flat surface of her beak against Windy's cheek before pulling back. Perhaps some sort of Griffon kiss?

Glimmer tilted her head, as some birds do when observing something, and looked at the offered sweet. It did indeed look like pants, except made with chocolate.

"Wow...though kinda....weird looking." She said to herself, she took a bite and made a slight chirp sound of delight at the tasty treat,  "Mmm, good. Here you should try this." Glimmer picked up small box from her candy and opened it for Windy to try some. On the box it read "Cookie Dough."

Glimmer then looked to Scoots and nodded, "Of course. My mother always said that anygriffon, and any pony can turn a males head around if they try. They're so easy to predict. Sometimes other females too, though not as easily. And you wouldn't really have to grow you mane longer, short manes are just as good as long, how often do you brush it?" Glimmer asked, offering some "Cookie Dough" Candy to Scoots.

When a new filly showed, up Glimmer gasped and quickly pounced to wrap Bebop into a hug, she lifted them into the air slightly with slight flap of her wings and spun her and Bebop around as she hugged her friend tightly before setting them back down.

"Bebop, I haven't seen you in forever." She said, nuzzling her friend with a purr of delight.

dyt8rsY.jpg

"Hi Bebop! Nice of you to join us! Pinkie Pie isn't here but you can get whatever you want and just put the bits in that jar here. Oh and these are my new friends Wind Walker and Glimmer. Wind just moved here and Glimmer is from Canterlot. Say hello to Bebop girls!" 

Scootaloo remembered her! Awesome. The filly smiled brightly, hoping to convey her thanks as she levitated all the bits she'd earned today in the jar and wrote down what she'd wanted; her beloved vanilla oat swirl sundae. Bebop swiftly jotted down a few questions for her friends, hoping to ask them how they were doing lately and what exactly they were up to. The little filly had hoped to ask Scootaloo how things were going with the Cutie Mark Crusaders... but before she could she suddenly found herself in a hug that seemed something like that somewhat crazy pink pony she saw around town would give the princess and her friends! 

Wind Walker made her way over to her friend and gave her a Pinky-Pie sized hug! She felt like a big dope, forgetting that the silent filly was a resident of Ponyville! "You bet I know this kid!" She finally released the little unicorn, "Bebop saved my hinder like twice, and I owe her a lot!", she hoofed over part of her choco-pants, "Get what you want, I'll pay for it...As it's the least I can do." Knowing both the orange filly and chick-griffon might be a little confused, the blue Pegasus returned to her seat.

"You know Bebop.", she glanced over at Glimmer, "She was at my very-final sleepover at the house at Canterlot. With you, and Babs, Fast and some others. But we did meet during a little trip under Canterlot's castle. And I gots to say, that was really scary! We got lost. Saw one of those super-bears...Guh!", she shuddered, "Still having nightmares about that one!" While she would never admit it, it took the filly over a month after the event in the underground, before she would sleep in her own bed.

The dark brown filly gasped as she filled her lungs with fresh air, panting a bit to slow her heartbeat. Once she caught her breath she stared at Wind and grinned ear to ear when she heard her say that she would pay for her sundae. Best.Pal. Ever! She thought loudly in her mind as she wound up wrapping a hoof around Wind in a sidelong hug. She took her notebook and swiftly wrote down that now she could save up more for that awesome Guitar she'd been wanting!  When Wind walker brought up the field trip they'd gone on bebop grimaced and wrote down that she could go without being reminded of that, but now that the story was being told she quickly sketched a picture of some of those crystalline spiders that they'd seen in the cave that wound up in with a tiny written question, "Remember these?"

"Bebop, I haven't seen you in forever." She said, nuzzling her friend with a purr of delight.

Before Wind even answered she was suddenly pounced upon and pulled into yet another hug! Hold on a sec was she floating?! Unicorns don't fly!... well except in balloons but suddenly Bebop was suddenly airborne from Glimmer's display of affection and then spinning about before being set right back down. Bebop's eyes were rolling about and swirling in her head until she was cross eyed, but a quick series of head shaking had fixed that problem. Bebop smiled and hugged her friend glimmer back.

“Hey now, how about we not talk about that anymore, and you can have a piece of my ‘SBLOUNSKCHED' bar. It looks like pants!" 

"I still don't get your obsession with pants," Scootaloo said as she took a piece of the clothing shaped candy, "It tastes pretty good though. Here, let me share a piece of my dark chocolate."

With that she broke off a piece for the three others as well as one for herself while Wind Walker explained how she knew Bebop. 

"Wow, you all went under the castle? What happened? Did you get lost or something?"

"Wow...though kinda....weird looking." She said to herself, she took a bite and made a slight chirp sound of delight at the tasty treat,  "Mmm, good. Here you should try this." 

Scootaloo tried the cookie dough candy. 

"I really don't see the difference between eating a cookie and this," the filly replied, "Still it's good." 

Before she could ask how she was doing, Glimmer and Wind both gave Bebop a hug. Scootaloo too joined in giving a hug to her fellow classmate. 

"So how are you Bebop?" 

2zxqgy1.jpg

"Oh.", Wind was a little surprised how friendly Glimmer was being today. She was normally very friendly, but could she have eaten any candy with catnap in it? Would something like that even affect griffons? She would have to remember to ask Zelda the next time she saw her sister's friend. "Yeah.", she felt a blush come along and tried her best to shake it off, "It's chocolate covered chocolate with extra chocolate hidden in the chocolate, which is also covered in chocolate. And it's also formed into a pair of pony pants.", she let out an extra 'teh-heh.' The little filly had been extra amused when her sister in law, who lived in Trottingham mentioned that pants also meant something a little different in her town.

The blue pony broke off a piece of the cookie-dough candy, "To think, one day some pony wanted to make cookies, but was a little too impatient, so he just gobbled up the raw batter." This wasn't too odd, as she liked to lick the stirring spoon after her Grandmother, had finished stirring a big bowl of whatever sweet she was making. Mimsy was always making something sweet. "Turn a male's head? Generally when I let out a really loud burp, they usually turn their head, and then they try out to out-burp me, and then they lose. They always lose."

Wind Walker was surprised she did not even up with an belch-based cutie mark. And while the one she ended up was super cool, she wondered what sort of mark she would have received for her lesser talent? A bunch of bubbles? An opened pony mouth? An offended rich stallion wearing a top hat whose monocle had just popped out?

Presteza, on 26 Mar 2015 - 8:27 PM, said:

but now that the story was being told she quickly sketched a picture of some of those crystalline spiders that they'd seen in the cave that wound up in with a tiny written question, "Remember these?"

"Yeah, I thought they were kind of pretty.", the blue filly added as she glanced at Bebop's notepad. "Poor Flakey didn't like them, that's for sure.". the crystal pony had been grouchy during most of their adventure, and Wind Walker tried her very best not to be grouchy back. Her mother had warned the Pegasus pony that the ponies of the Crystal Kingdom had ever right to be this way considering what they all had been through. Thankfully the ghost-monster-fake-king thing was blown to a million bits and could never hurt Flakey or her family again.*

Scootalux, on 28 Mar 2015 - 4:42 PM, said:

"I still don't get your obsession with pants," Scootaloo said as she took a piece of the clothing shaped candy, "It tastes pretty good though. Here, let me share a piece of my dark chocolate."

"It's not an obsession.", Wind shook her head, "I just find them funny." She noticed that her ‘SBLOUNSKCHED' was finished off. She considered purchasing another one, and the 'DECUPLESBLOUNSKCHED' promised 10 TIMES the chocolate of a regular old SBLOUNSKCHED bar. But that would probably ruin her appetite for the rest of the day, and she wanted to have some room for dinner tonight. Mom was making what she had referred to as the Ponyville version of 'Mac & Cheese', along with Broccoli Calzones! Yum!

"And yep, we were under the castle.", Wind nodded her head, "We ran into one of those Ursa Major bears that had been sleeping and when he woke up, he sort of shook the place around. This caused the ground to open up, and we slipped into a tunnel and into a big underground river. We saw weird crystal spiders and other creatures."**, she nodded at Bebop Jazz, who probably was going to continue the story her own special way.

* Eh, or not. This probably takes place before all the mess from our Crystal Kingdom event..*

** GAH! I really want to continue that RP!

Glimmer blinked as Wind explained the culinary construction of her favorite candy. She tilted her head, "Sooo, chocolate on chocolate and filled with chocolate?" She pondered that idea, before smiling "Sounds good."

"And yes, sometimes the best food ideas come from impatience." She said, eating a few more cookie dough drops.

She giggled at Wind's mention of burping drawing eyes.

"Well, I'm sure that would do it. But a lady shouldn't burp in public Windy. Or at least, not noticeably." She said, giggling as she remembered how her mother had told her the same thing.

---------

Glimmer gasped as Wind recounted an adventure, "You saw Ursa Major's?" Glimmer had heard about those giant celestial body bears, but never had seen one. Though she was told they were vicious and scarey creatures. And spiders, she shivered at the mention and picture of crystal spiders.

Spiders were just creepy.

"You've been on some wild adventures," Glimmer said, "I mean, you went under Canterlot Castle. I'm not even allowed in the lower chambers in the old keep over looking my house."

Why was it that she always missed the excitement. She was a big griffon now, she could handle danger. She ate a few more pieces of her candy, offering Bebop some after.

dyt8rsYl.jpg

Once bebop finished giving her griffin friend a hug, she noticed Scootaloo had posed a question; one that the young unicorn had asked her earlier. The Jazzy little filly didn't take it personally since more than a few ponies managed to simply overlook her notes, so she simply wrote up another one that said she was doing alright. The next note she jotted down said that she'd been practicing her guitar and was now learning how to play the saxophone. At the bottom of that page there was a small frowny face drawing saying she still hadn't gotten her mark yet.

The blonde maned unicorn nodded energetically and then slid a note to wind walker saying she was thinking she should have taken one home as a pet. In her mind, Bebop kinda figured that that would have been for a very bad idea. She had no idea if they were adults or babies or how big they could get! She was plenty sure her grandparents wouldn't take kindly to a giant pony sized spider wandering around their home... and she was one hundred percent sure her parents weren't willing to let her keep it. 

She shivered slightly as she heard the Ursa being mentioned. Boy, was that scary! When she saw her friend nod to her ,she looked about and snatched up her notes and drew up a crude drawing of a unicorn tugging an pegasus to the shore casually taking one of the offered candies from glimer in her mouth and chewing and then swallowing before holding up the pad and flipping the pages to show a crude animated mini feature of Bebop pulling two ponies ashore but losing her notebook.

Scootaloo could only shrug at how excited Wind Walker was about her pants shaped chocolate. Well it was very chocolaty so the orange filly could understand a little. She mentioned about how she turned heads by burping in public. 

"Um... I don't think that's what Glimmer meant by turning heads." 

"And yep, we were under the castle.", Wind nodded her head, "We ran into one of those Ursa Major bears that had been sleeping and when he woke up, he sort of shook the place around. This caused the ground to open up, and we slipped into a tunnel and into a big underground river. We saw weird crystal spiders and other creatures."

"I remembered seeing an Ursa Major in town, or was it an Ursa Minor? It was pretty big though. Sounds like a fun time you had there. Maybe one day I'll do a little exploring under the castle. Don't feel bad Glimmer. I'm sure your parents will allow you to explore some day." 

The filly realized that she asked the same question to Bebop but the unicorn didn't mind. She showed the group that she was playing the guitar but now started playing the saxophone. 

"That's cool Bebop! Pretty soon you'll be a one pony band!" 

Upon hearing about the adventures below the castle, the blonde manned filly showed an animation of pulling some ponies from the sea. 

"So you rescued some ponies from the ocean then. When did this happen?" 

It was then that Scootaloo got an idea, something she wanted to do for a while but most attempts were thwarted. 

"Well since you wanted to see what was in town Wind and you all wanted to do a little exploring, there is some place that we can go, the creepy castle in the middle of the Everfree Forest." 

2zxqgy1.jpg

“And that chocolate is covered chocolate filled chocolate.”, Wind Walker ‘helpfully’ added, “Which in turn..”, she read the wrapper, “Dipped in chocolate and then inserted into pre-dipped chocolate that was fused with chocolate particles. Oh, sciencey!”, she scooped up her small pile of wrappers and tossed them into the nearest trash bin. “And very cholately. Probably a little too much for me to handle an entire bar that is.” After placing her new Wonderbolts cards into her pack, the little filly carefully considered getting another candy bar, but there was always a chance that  Scootaloo would take her and the others somewhere else cool that would require bits. That joke store looked like fun, and there were a few stalls she noticed during her race with the orange filly.

A smirk quickly fell upon the girl as she caught sight of Bebop’s little drawing, “Yeah, you’re pretty strong for a little pony..”, she studied the drawing for a moment longer, “I would have drawn little x’s for my eyes and maybe stink lines off of Flakey.”, once she had her fill of Bebop’s art, the filly turned her attention back to the others, “It was kind of odd. We were with some other kids and a few teachers and dumb Pocket Change, who for some reason was leading our group...And he’s my sister’s friend’s brother. Any-who, we were part of this tour that lead deep into the big mountain that the castle sits upon. After taking an elevator ride down below, we ran into an big freaking bear who woke up, and in turn sort of shook everything apart. The three of us fell into a hole, down a shaft and into some underground lake, which I guess fuels the waterfalls you can see outside...As we fell, I tried to fly, but ended up hurting my wings when I took them out took quickly...And Flakey was Flakey...Thankfully Bebop is a good swimmer, so she saved us both, but she lost her notebook so she couldn’t ‘talk’ to us.”

While Wind Walker wasn’t sure if Bebop couldn’t talk because she was mute, or that she did not choose to, it would have been very rude of her to ask.  “And it was an underground lake, not an ocean.”, she corrected Scootaloo, who had a new destination, the Everfree.

“Both Glimmer and I’ve been there before and I’m pretty sure just stepping hoof there would be grounds for instant-grounding.”, Wind was going back to ‘Babs’ territory, “I mean, the place is filled with horrible monsters, crazy plants and my dad said he heard a story about a village full of spooky pony ghosts with red eyes. And if the monsters, ghosts, or plants don’t get yah, you can always get lost in the forest and starve to death.”

OOC: An oddly adult Wind Walker showed up in the web strip/tumble "Loki's Quest" awhile back...

2dttzdc.jpg

Scootaloo could only shrug at how excited Wind Walker was about her pants shaped chocolate. Well it was very chocolaty so the orange filly could understand a little. She mentioned about how she turned heads by burping in public. 

"Um... I don't think that's what Glimmer meant by turning heads." 

"Well since you wanted to see what was in town Wind and you all wanted to do a little exploring, there is some place that we can go, the creepy castle in the middle of the Everfree Forest." 

Glimmer giggled, "Don't worry, we can work on that later."

Glimmer found Windy's unknowing of what she meant rather cute. But Scootaloo seemed to figure it out; though she was sure she wouldn't be interested in a spa treatment.

Though a visit to the Everfree...now that was something she could go with. Especially with her slowly sugar crazed mind.

"Oh! Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes! Lets do that. I've only been there  a few times, but each time my brother or some other adult would stop us from getting too far." Glimmer pouted at this. Why did grown ups always ruin the fun?

“Both Glimmer and I’ve been there before and I’m pretty sure just stepping hoof there would be grounds for instant-grounding.”, Wind was going back to ‘Babs’ territory, “I mean, the place is filled with horrible monsters, crazy plants and my dad said he heard a story about a village full of spooky pony ghosts with red eyes. And if the monsters, ghosts, or plants don’t get yah, you can always get lost in the forest and starve to death.”

Glimmer paused at Windy's words, "Hmmm, though she is right. We would probably get in soooo much trouble if we got caught...."

Glimmer's tail flicked in irritation, her feathers and heckles sticking up as she tried to figure out a way behind this disciplinary problem.

"Hmmm....though my brother once told me," She cleared her throat and then began a funny impression of her brothers voice, "The best way to avoid a consequence, is to not get caught."

Glimmer tossed in a few more bits of candy into her mouth, her tail swinging in delight.

"Sooooo....I guess we just have to be careful to not get caught. And I'm not afraid of any monsters in the Everfree. I'm a A class student at the finest military academy in all of Aquilla. And Daddy personally taught me all that he knows of close quarter combat. We should be fine."

Glimmer of course knew that there were dangers, but all these exciting stories of adventure were just too much. Now she wanted some, and by Faust she was gonna have an adventure!

"And once we get back, we can visit the local spa. I know Razor went there once." She said, already leaping from her seat and ready to go. She shoved the remains of her candy pile into her purse for easy access later.

dyt8rsY.jpg

Scootaloo's kind words didn't fall on deaf ears, Bebop smiled proudly at the notion of her being a one mare band. that would be so cool! Maybe one day if she practiced hard with her magic she could play all the instruments she'd learned at once, wouldn't that be something? In response to wind's words of her being strong despite her size, the little filly got on her hindlegs and flexed playfully as if doing an impression of that stallion at the spa who did deep muscle massages. Soon the discussion turned to the Everfree Castle, Bebop was all for a good adventure but honestly Everfree forest was a dangerous place... infact weren't there all kinds of weird monsters and stuff there?

The little filly grimaced and turned to her trusty notepad, taking her pencil in her mouth she drew a childish representation of a cockatrice and showed it to the group. Beside it was the caption of, "What do we do if we run into one of these?"

Chocolate inside of chocolate with extra chocolate added to it? To Scootaloo it looked like Wind Walker was too interested in the pants shaped candy. To the orange filly the chocolate looked and tasted like any other chocolate she tried, butt to each their own. 

She listened to the harrowing tale of the journey below Canterlot and the rescue from the underground lake which Wind corrected Scootaloo on. It was something that Scootaloo and her friends would find themselves on, and she wondered what the trio would do if in the same situation. Scootaloo couldn't fly so she would be just as sunk as Wind. 

"Right, underground lake. Not an ocean. Still I'm glad that you were all ok."

The topic shifted towards the idea of going to the Everfree Forest. Sure it wasn't one that Scootaloo thought through but then again when a spark of adventure lit up the filly's mind it was hard to not tell her plans. Wind wasn't too pleased and Glimmer who in her sugar filled happiness accepted but then back peadled. Bebop brought up a good point with a sketch of a cockatrise. 

"Oh yeah, good point Bebop. I remember meeting one of those and not even Twilight could stop it. It took Fluttershy to put some sense in the creature. Well if you don't want to go to the Everfree but at least some forest there's always Whitetail Woods. No castle and danger but still fun." 

2zxqgy1.jpg

"You should be.", the little blue pony uttered to the little griffon in her 'spooky' voice, "Even well trained grownup ponies have every right to be afraid of the Everfree, and while you and me are trained and junk, I heard there's monsters that live there that are as big as castles, and no amount of hoof-wrestling would stop them from turning you into a birdy-taco!", while she was stuffed, tacos did sound pretty good about now.

Wind Walker let out a chuckle as she caught sight of Bebop's little act, "I heard ponies can get really really strong when they need to save somepony, or even fly really fast if necessary.", after glancing at the silent filly's last picto-question, Wind decided to respond in kind. She pulled out a pencil and notepaper out from her pack and quickly doodled up a picture of three little ponies and one griffon who were both made of stone! They all had matching 'x' eyes.", she pondered something for a moment and quickly doodled an nearby filly who Bebop could probably guess was 'Flakey'. She did appear to have 'stink' lines coming from her mouth. "Hey, I wonder, if Flakey being a crystal pony, if she got turned into stone, would she be a real crystal?"

While practical, the blue Pegasus pony was starting to feel like an 'Debbie Downer', "You know what?" , she eyed Scootaloo, "You're the guide for this little journey, so just lead us, and we'll follow. Just make it interesting."

Once they were all ready to move on, Wind returned her pad and pencil back into her pack and quickly followed the trio out the door....

Archived