[Ponyville] Raridash! (closed)

RainbowFoxxy

RainbowDashthingforFF_zpse1dda7f9.png

"Well, guess there's no time like right now huh Tank?" Rainbow swallowed and tried to brush back her unruly forelocks with a hoof. She took a deep breath and let it out with turning to her turtle friend. "So, how do I look?"

Tank blinked lazily as he puttered nearby on his propeller contraption.

"That good huh? I hope Rarity likes it..." Rainbow would never let the fashion model pony know how excited she was to be going to lunch. She would play things up like she always did. Fancy lunches, proper looking mane and tail, fluffy, puffy, blah! She was into sports, and speed, and daring feats of... well, feats of... she would never let Rarity know how she really felt. Rainbow could feel a small blush forming on her cheeks and quickly took off higher into the air. She had to clear her head.

"Come on Rainbow! You can't let something like this get to you! It's just lunch...it's just lunch with your friend. Yep, that's it!" With that Rainbow took off towards Rarity's abode, her multi-colored tail streaming behind her.

The sky blue mare landed outside the fashion parlor at just about the right time...for Rainbow. In reality she was at least fifteen minutes late. She trotted around in a circle a couple of times, willing herself into her normal mood and ponysona. There was no way she was going to let on anything to Rarity. She had agreed to a lunch date as friends the day before yesterday. it wasn't until she had been out of eye shot of her friend that she had celebrated with a few sky loops and general cheering to herself, for herself.

"Hey Rarity! You ready to go?" She spoke confidently as she trotted to the front door and knocked twice.

SmallRarityBanner_zps4eb0d218.png

Lunch with Rainbow Dash, ah that sounded wonderful! Rarity had spent hours trying to get ready for it, and had in fact gone through several different outfits before deciding on nothing at all save for having her hair brushed and clipped to the side with a rainbow colored crystal hairclip "Stunning if I must say so myself darling" She said to Opal, petting her cat on the head, much to Opals chagrin.

Rainbow Dash was late, but that was no surprise, and Rarity spent the last few moments just adding a little more flare..mostly to calm her own beating heart..a little spritz of perfume, a little dab of mascara.. and there she was! Oh thank goodness! The anticipation was driving Rarity up the walls! (Not literally that would be MOST unlady like)

Taking one deep breath she moved to push the door open "Ready as I'll ever be darling! It's so good to see you!" She looked adorable as always..with that cyan blue coat, and beautifully unique rainbow mane of hers...Rarity felt herself blush a tiny bit "You look very nice today Rainbow, I'm rather excited um about our evening together..."

Don't blow it Rarity...

"You look very nice today Rainbow, I'm rather excited um about our evening together..."

Rarity was one of the few, if not the only pony that could leave Rainbow at a loss for words. The sky blue mare fidgeted for a moment as her friend stood in the doorway and spoke. Rarity just had this ability to leave Dash breathless without doing anything special. Well, special aside from the fact that Rainbow Dash was of the persuasion that everything Rarity did was special...

"Wha!"

She shook her head to clear her thoughts. Rainbow had been standing there for Celestia only knew how long. She sucked in a breath and tried to come up with a response.

"Thanks... uhhhh...yeah! I'm ummmm, I'm excited too!" She pushed a hoof through her forelocks and smiled a bit awkwardly. "You need to grab anything else or should we get going?"

• 2 weeks later...

She giggled softly as she had seemed to startle poor Dash! "I'v got everything ready to go Rainbow Dash! Do not worry for Rarity is always prepared!" She took a step forward and winked at Dash, starting off "Come along Dash! We shouldn't dawtle! And I'd hate to slow you down!" After all Rarity did lack the beautiful wings from long ago, so she was alas..grounded, and she did know how much Dash loved to zip around like a speed demon!

"So tell me about your day dear! How have things been? I'v been SO busy with a few projects that it feels that I am quite out of touch with everypony!"

Rainbow smiled as Rarity took a step forward and winked. Try as she might she could not seem to hide the blush that was forming on her cheeks. She brushed a hoof through her forelocks again and followed the unicorn's direction. She stood next to her friend as Rarity asked about her day.

"Oh, you know...the usual. Worked out this morning, grabbed something to eat, took a nap...not a bad day really." She began to walk, hoping she was going in the right direction. "Yeah, you must be busy with projects, I haven't gotten to see you in a few days! I bet you have some new fashion in the works huh?" Rainbow tried to sound as though she would be interested in fashion news...she did want to make her friend happy and Rainbow knew Rarity liked to talk about such things.

The mare tried to slow herself down. She was all jumpy and jittery, she needed to try to relax!

• 3 weeks later...

"I HAVE been a touch busy lately " She admitted with a slight frowny pout, she had been neglecting her friends for her career again! Ugh She was going to have to right this wrong ! Perhaps she'd host a tea party or something pleasant for the six of them so they could all catch up? BUT today was not about tea parties, or her other 5 friends! No today was about Rainbow Dash and herself having a lovely time, and she had noticed a faint blush on Dashie's cheeks, so so far so good!

"Oh why yes, but I'd hate to bore you, I went to Canterlot to help Sapphire Shores with an ensemble, and then I went to a designers convention to display some of my best work, it was really a great way to kickstart my career even more!" She could honestly babble about THAT for hours but Dash would surely fall asleep "However I..also managed to score tickets to the Wonderbolts Flightstraviganza.." She said, before feinting a distressed look "But it seems that I'v no one to go with me, and I accidentally purchased TWO Tickets, Dashie do you know ANYONE who might be interested in attending this event with me?"

She asked this with a pout, batting her eyelashes a little bit.

Rainbow's eyes had begun to glaze over a bit as Rariety started talking fashion. But then...

However I..also managed to score tickets to the Wonderbolts Flightstraviganza...

The sky blue mare's ears perked forward. A look of shock took over her features as she leaned in towards Rarity.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Did you say theWonderbolts Flightstraviganza? You got tickets to that? Two tickets to that?" She tried to take a deep breath so she wouldn't start prancing around like a filly. She cleared her throat and took a step back. "I actually do know somepony who would love to go with you to that..."

Her wings beat and carried her a few feet off the ground. She came forward until her muzzle was a couple inches from the unicorn's. "Me!" She waited there, hovering on her wings to see what her friend would say. As she hovered she caught a whiff of Rarity's perfume. The unicorn always smelled so good! Rainbow fought to keep a wistful expression from coming over her. She wasn't sure if Rarity knew how much Rainbow liked her. it made Rainbow's heart beat fast to even thinking about revealing her feelings to her friend. For now she would focus on those tickets! And of course the chance to hang out with Rarity at the event for the whole day!

• 2 months later...

"Excellent!" She giggled and moved her hoof to her mouth as the other lifted off the ground and ended being inches from her own muzzle, a soft blush coming to her cheeks "...Then I DO suppose after we eat..that shall be where we are heading then ?" She couldn't help but lean a little forward, letting her nose gently boop Rainbows. That reaction was everything she had hoped for and more, knowing how much Rainbow had wanted to go, and knew that those tickets were so hard to get...she had pulled a few strings, and was quite proud that she had managed to pull this off.

Honestly she adored seeing Dash so happy, she was absolutely stunning when she radiated joy, and excitement, the way those eyes sparkled, and her body language.. poetry in motion truly.

"We'd best make it a quick lunch if we wish to make it there on time then"

Archived