Apocolypse Equestria Anthro [The Thread :P]

Plot: What lead to the destruction is unknown as anypony within Canterlot is far gone, or a god, Canterlot is just a crater in the mountain. It was a few weeks after the deathly plague struck Canterlot, many ponies were dead, and all four princess were infected as they had all been in the castle for a meeting. A dark beam streaked across the sky and struck the castle causing all of Equestria to shake, and soon four beams of magical energy clashed with a black beam as the were evenly powerful. Soon the energy began to form a bright ball of mixed power, and then..nothing. The explosion was deafening, whipping Canterlot off the map and the shock-wave causing destruction and chaos all across the rest of Equestria. Once the dust had settled and the son set for the last time Equestria was plunged into Darkness, no sun or moo, but somehow the cycle of night and day continued after a few weeks, but the days were much shorter. Soon Gangs began to form as the fight for survival began, the Ponies of Chaos rose, under Discords control, next came the changelings, The morphers, though it is still unknown if Chrysalis is calling the shots. The Crystal Empire soon dissipated, presumably Sombra's doing, and with that all hope is lost. Now its fight or die, your a loner, living in Ponyville as its the only safe area anymore, most cities are over run, either by the gangs or the radioactively morphed ponies, we call them walkers. They shamble about, like a decayed undead, but there smarter, they don't spread virus or try and infect you, they go for the kill. So its time to act, and survive, what will you do, where will you go? Legend says that deep in the Badlands is a safe-haven, a sanctuary, but is it real, or a legend? Its a dangerous journey, passing through all the gangs territory, is it worth it?

​Survival starts now, lone survivors will not make it, so pony up and team up, or die trying!

~~~~~~~

She awoke in the wreckage of Sugar Cube Corner, the old sweets shop was destroyed and ravaged, but the young mare hoped she would find a weapon of use, maybe a Cleaver or a nice Kitchen knife. A bow fastened to her back but with only a few arrows left within her quiver, the bow was made from a fine wood and well constructed, presumably pre-apocalypse. She entered the kitchen and looked at the over turned fridge and destroyed stoves and sighed, "It was beautiful once, I can tell," she said, and spotted a cabinet that seemed mostly in-tacted. Shambling slowly over the wreckage of the kitchen she managed to arrive at it and opened it, a few sealed sweet treats remained inside, "Not healthy but buck if I'll argue" she said as she placed them in her shoulder strapped loot sack. She checked her old Lunar Guard armor [basically Dark souls black knight armor but more midnight purple with luna cutie mark on chest and both shoulders] and sighed, "Wish I still had my Lunar Greatsword, lost that back at the train station, fleeing from the horde," she grumbled as she made her way toward the exit.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky woke up on the roof of a building, his armor off and so were his robes, he was just in a tunic and shorts. He looked next to him to see two gauntlets, a bow and a quiver, two swords, a blowpipe, two different types of darts, a throwing knife, some smoke bombs and rope darts. Sky laughed as he remembered what had happened the day before. Sky stood up and put on his armor then his white assassin robes. As he was putting on the two Gauntlets he tested them, the blades came out. He smiled as he put his quiver on along with the rest of his gear. As he was finished he slid the swords into his Sheathes. As sky looked aroudn he saw a person in the old suger cube corner building. Sky kept watch over it, tryign to make out if he or she was friend or foe

(If you have ever played assassins creed 4 you would know what i look like though instead of those robes i have the ones from AC 2 and instead of guns i have a bow like in AC 3)

The mare stepped out of the shop and looked around, a shiver made her feel as if some pony was watching her but she couldn't spot anypony so she brushed it off. She spread her bat wings to get them a bit of exercise and took to a light hover as she floated around down the street, aimlessly heading toward the building the stallion was perched on top of, but a quick look at her could tell she wasn't searching for him, just exploring around.

Firestorm was roaming the streets of Ponyville looking for supplies, his heavy armor clanked with every step. He didn't care much for being silent, only a fool woul try to mug an Elite guard. Firestorm's black coat shine in the sun along with his bright orange mane. His cape flowed as the breeze swept by. Firestorm was heading towards Sugarcube corner to see if there was still any food to gather. Firestorm was carrying a large bag full of other supplies he had found along the way. He has gotten really good at scavanging during the time that past by after the incident.

Sky saw the bat start flying towards him. That made him smile, even though it was obvious she was not looking for him it still made him smile that she was heading his way. Sky flapped his Pegasus wings to stretch a bit before watchign the bat a bit more. She had a bit of stuff on her, though he was not evil enough to steal in these times. Sky pulled his bow out, just to be sure. If she attacked him he would be ready

She heard the flap of the wings with her acute sense of hearing and looked up, drawing her bow and notching an arrow. She stopped and landed, looking around then spotted him on the building and drew her bow, "who are you?" she called out to him and she stared, no emotion in her eye. She needed to see his reaction first to judge him, if he drew his bow she may have to fire, it was him or her, and to her it was a very simple choice.

"Whao, drop the bow, it wont do you any good against me, and i dont even plan to attack you" Sky laughed as he held his bow, ready to retaliate if need be though he decided to play a bit more risky. He put his bow away again. Sky mentioned for her to land on the roof though he took a step away, as to show he meant no harm

She was wry but lowered her bow and relaxed the string, placing the bow back on her back and the arrow back to the quiver, she then flew up and landed a good bit away from the stallion, "your not a member of one of those gangs of the wastelands right?" she asked still on guard, "If not your the first..well first normal face I've seen in ages," she said and looked at him, he ain't bad looking, but no time to worry about those things haha

"Im no gang member, names sky" He said, keeping his distance to show he was not tryign to threaten her, to harm her or to worry her. As he looked he saw that she was a bat, he had thought her wings looked and sounded like that though now he was closer he actually saw that they were in fact bat wings. Sky smiled, he had never met a bat pony before. Definitely not one this b, stop it, no time for that, this age is cruel, no time for stuff like that.

She sighed and sat, "Name is Nightgaze, used to be a Royal Lunar Guard, luckily I was sent away on a scouting mission to investigate the rumors of Sombra at the Crystal Empire," she looked down, "I..I guess I'm the last Royal Guard, and most likely the last pony to see the Princesses alive," she looked up at him, "How good a fighter are you Sir Sky?" she asked seeming to take to her formal Royal voice and attitude, "I lost my sword and loot back at the train station when a horde attacked me," she said, "You help me retrieve it and half the food in there is yours, plus a few arrows, unless you use custom shots" she said to him.

Sky almost laughed at her beign so royal and formal, then he heard the offer. It was a good one, he was a very good fighter, one of the best of the assassins guild back before this all started. He was tempted to ask question's about the princesses and some other things he wanted answer's too but he didnt ask, instead he asked something else "How many are we looking at?"

"last time i was there, 8 to 10, or more," she admitted, "Yeah it is a bit, hopefully they are gone, and with our arrows pooled we can take some out silently before going to melee," she said as she looks toward the station, "getting there won't be hard, we can use rooftop or back allies, either way we are hidden," she said and turned back, "So, you in?"

"8 or 9? thats not too too many though a fair few, im in" Sky said after debaiting for a minute whether or not he wanted to do this. He pulled out his bow so that it was ready for use, then he looked at the ex guard. "I say roof tops"

Firestorm heard chatter nearby and looked over the roof tops and saw too ponies talking to each other well I be d@mned...wonder if they got any food, if they do maybe I can trade some of my stuff I don't need in exchange."Hey you two on two on the roof tops, mind coming down here. I think I got some stuff to your interest if you're willing to trade." he called out waving his hand to them.

"I am Lieutenant Firestorm of the Solar Imperial Guard, I only kill when it is necessary, other than that, I'm just traveling and gathering whatever I can find. I was hoping you people might have some food available for trade" Firestorm replied but still made sure his claymore was at the ready if it came down to a fight. "I just want food....that's it, I got some weapons and other supplies that may suit your needs."

"Alright Lieutenant" the mare said as she jumped down to face to soldier, "Present arms and tell me your squad number" She said, "as Commander of the Royal Lunar Guard I know each and every Squad," she said, "I have heard of a Firestorm but I need your number" she said as she stood a few feet away from the stallion and waited.

"With all do respect ma'am, you are Lunar Guard, an entirely different branch so Commander or not, you have no authority over the Solar Guard." Firestorm said "however I'll give you my number none the less, My number is 15940."

"Ha a stubborn Solar guard," she said, "the number matches, but with that attitude I have no supplies to trade," she said and flew back to the roof, back to the stallion she was preparing to go retrieve her sword with.

Firestorm thought for a moment "will their be fighting in it? Been kinda bored lately just walking about the wastes. Don't normally see much action anymore." he said "I guess there is great difficulty in this mission to need three people?"

Archived